PS4-Watch_Dogs

Custom Ford Mach 40 Wins “Best of Show” at 10th Annual GT Awards

Ken Chan's Avatar + Posted by Ken Chan on Nov 09, 2012 // Product Manager, SCEA

November is quickly becoming the month of Gran Turismo as we celebrate two key milestones for the franchise – the 10th Annual GT Awards, and securing a place in the top 15 best-selling video game franchises of all time, as the series has now topped 67.8 million copies shipped.

The 10th Annual GT Awards was hosted at the SEMA (Speciality Equipment Market Association) show in Las Vegas, with a headlining performance by hip hop icon Snoop Dogg (AKA Snoop Lion).

The judging process started with Kazunori Yamauchi, Creator and Producer of the Gran Turismo series, visiting all of the individual category winners, including:

• Best Truck or SUV: Antron Brown’s Family Dragster Toyota Sequoia
  • Best Hot Rod: David Eckert’s Ford Mach 40
  • Best Domestic Automobile:2014 Ford Mustang GT RTR Spec 3
  • Best Asian Import: 2013 Scion FR-S Evasive Motorsports
  • Best European Import: 2013 Volkswagen Turbo Beetle (VWVortex.com 2013 Super Beetle Project)

Ford Mach Forty

Image courtesy of GTPlanet.com.

In the end, after heavy deliberations over the top category winners, the judging panel and Yamauchi-san crowned David Eckert’s Ford Mach 40 as the 2012 “Best of Show” winner – securing a permanent place in the Gran Turismo franchise.

David Eckert and his team created a one-of-a-kind combination by taking advantage of the unique Mustang Mach 1 styling and complementing it with a massive 2006 Ford GT V8 5.4 liter dry sump unit with a four-liter Whipple supercharger, resulting in a healthy 600 to 850 horsepower masterpiece modulated by a custom designed “adjustable HP dial.”

19 Comments

+ Asphaltum on November 9th, 2012 at 6:57 am said:

The car is beautiful, but you know what would be great: “Grand Turismo Vita”.

+ GhostMachine1 on November 9th, 2012 at 7:02 am said:

Kazunori Yamauchi is a visionary. Cannot wait for GT for the PS4.

+ Ryumoau on November 9th, 2012 at 7:10 am said:

Snoop Dogg is now Snoop Lion?! XD

+ CrusaderForever on November 9th, 2012 at 8:51 am said:

@1

Yes, GTVita would sell very well!

Wow, that car is just gorgeous! Makes me want to play GT5 now…

+ MakoSOLIDER on November 9th, 2012 at 9:22 am said:

PSVita: “Dear PlayStation, where is Gran Turismo Vita, I’m practically begging for it!”

+ Bcrazyman on November 9th, 2012 at 10:07 am said:

HEY KEN? ANY WORD THAT YOU ARE RELATED TO KEN FROM STREETFIGHTER 4?
NEED TO KNOW THANKS ALSO IS IT COMING TO PSN?
ANY WORD ON DISCOUNTS?
RELEASE DATE?
PRICE? PS+ DISCOUNTS?
NEED TO KNOW THANKS!

+ Bcrazyman on November 9th, 2012 at 10:08 am said:

KEN? ALSO IS THIS A REAL CAR?
ANY CONTESTS? FOR THIS CAR!
NEED TO KNOW THANKS!

+ polo155 on November 9th, 2012 at 10:10 am said:

Well beside my GT5 on PS3 i DO play my GT PSP on my PSVita altho not many ppl be on AdHoc Party to play against but i do play it on my vita, hell yes id love an updated version but im dealing with gtpsp. Its polyphony digitals name on the graphics i show ppl when they see gt psp on Vita. Its very fun still though.

+ crazy_kracker1 on November 9th, 2012 at 11:26 am said:

I don’t have a car I need a car can I have that one please.

+ punkmusic2009 on November 9th, 2012 at 11:34 am said:

i got a cool laptop today its alsome wifi blue tooth finger print user id to login and he sold it to me with full protction and full convert files all formate and dvd burner go to youtube type in ibm t42 check out the shut down sacurty its has that no laptop ever has plus mine last longer then any new one

+ JROD0823 on November 9th, 2012 at 11:59 am said:

I wonder if any of these cool cars will make their way to GT5 any time soon?

I platinumed GT5 (done 100% with a Driving Force GT) back in June, and I really only play the game when new dlc comes out.

It would be nice if we got dlc for the game on a more regularly timed basis, or at least more frequent updates from Polyphony about the projects they are working on. Polyphony pretty much stays silent for extended periods of time, and then out of nowhere we get these surprise updates/dlcs.

Is a little bit more/better communication from Polyphony too much to ask? I personally don’t think it is an unreasonable request.

+ CaptainJames99 on November 9th, 2012 at 12:29 pm said:

how about these cars coming to GT5 via a DLC instead of 20 more almost completely identical Nissans. Seriously these cars would be a dream DLC for GT5 players who’ve gotten tired of sewing machine 4-bangers.

+ mcbuttz78 on November 9th, 2012 at 1:42 pm said:

@12 the best of show is suppose to make it to the game. Which is the mustang.

@11 u plat gt5 wow.. Your good. man.

+ mcbuttz78 on November 9th, 2012 at 1:45 pm said:

btw was tose red,, blue green. limted edtion ps3 gt consoles at the end..

mcbuttz78
vp psn legionairre group

+ Matrix_Lion on November 9th, 2012 at 2:47 pm said:

Beautiful Machine

+ Nv3rt1igh7 on November 9th, 2012 at 3:26 pm said:

^yes but not just the pictured one…all of the one’s mentioned.
…an ingame ver. update/ add-on pack may be wiser and save all the new genres for the preSeQ!

+ PrinceofXIII on November 9th, 2012 at 4:41 pm said:

amazing :D

+ Sgt_0951 on November 11th, 2012 at 10:53 pm said:

I wish Kaz & the judges chose that Sequoia. I just saw a pic of it and it looks like a monster. I’d love to drag race that thing in a GT game.

Congrats to Eckert & crew. The GT40 looks nothing short of amazing and I hope it hauls @ss in GT4.

+ Sgt_0951 on November 12th, 2012 at 12:09 am said:

Whoops! I meant GT6, not GT4.