GTAV PS4

PlayStation Blogcast 50: Sportsfriends Forever

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Nov 09, 2012 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Subscription Links:

Today’s very special episode of PlayStation Blogcast is one for the history books! We kick things off with Third-Party Developer and Publisher Relations Vice President Adam Boyes, who joins us to discuss newly announced PSN Pub Fund title Sportsfriends (now open for pre-orders on Kickstarter). Then we delve into next week’s PSN new releases, headlined by a pair of Call of Duty titles and an out-of-this-world new PS3 simulation.

Then we answer a slew of your Listener Queries and Player Tips, discuss what we’re playing (The Unfinished Swan!), and say goodbye to a close friend of the family. Take it from me: This week’s show is one you won’t want to miss!

I want to personally thank each and every one of you for making PlayStation Blogcast a bonafide success story! I remember our first show like it was yesterday, and I am mildly stunned we made it this far. Thanks again for your support, and definitely keep an eye peeled for next week’s show — we’ve got some big things planned!

Stuff We Talked About

• Sportsfriends
  • The Unfinished Swan
  • Midway Arcade Origins
  • Need for Speed Most Wanted
  • GamerCamp
  • Wonderbook: Book of Spells
  • Hurricane Sandy: Donate now!
  • Official PlayStation.Blogcast - Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Jeff RubensteinOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Rey Gutierrez

The Cast

+ D-Squad3 on November 9th, 2012 at 4:26 pm said:

Listening right now!

+ lisatsunami on November 9th, 2012 at 4:40 pm said:

I’m going to start listening now but re: the Kickstarter plea yesterday, well it seemed pretty odd. First time I’ve seen this on the blog. If this was for Giant Sparrow’s next game I’d jump in. But that video yesterday looked like high school projects, sorry.

Have a great weekend, all.

+ Nick Suttner on November 9th, 2012 at 5:15 pm said:

Wasn’t meant to be a plea, just an encouragement to support something we think is very cool if you also think it’s cool. The games are indeed visually simple, but that’s part of the beauty when you play them. I’d encourage you to watch the individual game videos on the Kickstarter page to get a better sense of them. Literally four of my favorite games ever.

+ Richard919 on November 9th, 2012 at 4:45 pm said:

listening now and congrats on 50 episodes!

+ Nick Suttner on November 9th, 2012 at 5:16 pm said:

Thanks much!! We made it, somehow. Next week just might be amazing, too, since it’s our actual one-year anniversary.

+ Richard919 on November 9th, 2012 at 4:55 pm said:

blogcast Spoilers….

Jeff, noooooooooooooooooooo :( ha good luck in your future endeavors ! thank you for all the work you did on here!

+ swisstylez on November 9th, 2012 at 5:10 pm said:

Can’t believe Jeff is leaving, waooo that’s sad

+ Sid Shuman on November 11th, 2012 at 4:38 pm said:

:,(

+ Robbie_G_lrish on November 9th, 2012 at 5:37 pm said:

First of all, I don’t care for Pixar movies either. Secondly, I’m glad Wipeout 2048 got a shout out.

+ Sid Shuman on November 11th, 2012 at 4:38 pm said:

:-)

+ MakoSOLIDER on November 9th, 2012 at 5:52 pm said:

Good luck Jeff

+ Sid Shuman on November 11th, 2012 at 4:38 pm said:

^ Like

+ CrashSpyro on November 9th, 2012 at 6:06 pm said:

The thing that bugs me about Jeff’s indifference about spoiling AC Brotherhood is that there’s a very good reason why people would be trying to get through prior AC games with AC3 coming soon/out now, so it’s a bit disrespectful to just blatantly spoil stuff like there should be no reason that anybody is playing 2, Brotherhood, or Revelations before getting into 3.

I’m generally okay with the Spoiler Statute of Limitations, but I don’t think it’s a valid excuse when there’s a reason for people to playing prior games in a series. All it takes is a simple warning and Jeff would’ve been fine to say whatever.

+ Asphaltum on November 9th, 2012 at 6:15 pm said:

Woot! One year anniversary. Will there be cake?

+ Nick Suttner on November 11th, 2012 at 10:46 am said:

We’re a pie family.

+ loganwolf13 on November 9th, 2012 at 6:36 pm said:

Will Someone let me know if Black Ops 2 will be day 1 Digital before I buy the retail

+ Sid Shuman on November 11th, 2012 at 4:37 pm said:

Blu-ray only

+ lisatsunami on November 9th, 2012 at 7:00 pm said:

Thanks for the reply, Nick, even if you are a freakin foreigner. Just kidding, mostly.

I didn’t know about Jeff when I wrote the above. I would not have injected a negative comment if I had known of the sad-for-us news. I love the Blog & hate to know it’s losing a core person.

PS: I can’t get ep 50 from iTunes yet.
    PPS: Unfinished Swan is beyond incredible. I hope everyone stops to peer through the telescope for that surprising & heart-lifting view. Completely unexpected.

+ MakoSOLIDER on November 9th, 2012 at 7:05 pm said:

Not that I want it as a replacement. but can we get Kristine on the BlogCast permanently :)

+ Sid Shuman on November 11th, 2012 at 4:37 pm said:

She will be back on. :)

+ MakoSOLIDER on November 9th, 2012 at 8:46 pm said:

@10 they said it isnt in the BlogCast

+ Brink-2-Chaos on November 9th, 2012 at 9:13 pm said:

Live Long and prosper Jeff

+ PsychoSploosh69 on November 9th, 2012 at 10:26 pm said:

Is there gonna be a more revealing trailer for Unfinished Swan? I just downloaded and beat Journey, and I can’t say enough great things about it. I love it. But if Unfinished Swan is anything like that, I’d like to see more before I buy it. I found the trailer was pretty vague, and didn’t show much. Or maybe they should make it free for plus members. I’d love to try it out.

+ Nick Suttner on November 11th, 2012 at 10:48 am said:

Honestly one of the best things about Unfinished Swan is going in having seen nothing beyond the mechanic of the first level. That’s how it was for me anyway; can’t recommend it enough, and the less you know the better.

+ mainkster on November 10th, 2012 at 1:09 am said:

i use to listen to the blog to about episode 40 , now i don’t even bother listening to it , i don’t know it became boring , it s not like you gonna talk real issue , like man ps plus sucked last month or yea that game is so boring don’t even bother buying it.

+ Sid Shuman on November 11th, 2012 at 4:37 pm said:

Thanks for the feedback. Ultimately, there are a billion podcasts out there that will give you all the unvarnished opinion you want and that’s healthy. Thanks for sharing.

+ banok on November 10th, 2012 at 3:44 am said:

Oh wow! Is that your old picture from your old 1up days Nick? I think I remember it looking like that, either that or I’m just getting old and imagining things. Oh, and congrats on the 50th episode, keep up the good work guys!

+ Nick Suttner on November 11th, 2012 at 10:51 am said:

It is indeed! I’m forever gratefully to @momopeche for taking my iconic crazy eyes shot. Thanks for the congrats!

+ midnightshade on November 10th, 2012 at 8:50 am said:

why isn’t this showing up on itunes store on my ipod? the last one listed is for november 1st…..

+ Nick Suttner on November 11th, 2012 at 10:52 am said:

Seems to be a widespread issue with iTunes right now, hopefully it will get fixed soon!

+ Matrix_Lion on November 10th, 2012 at 11:37 am said:

The last Blogcast with Jeff, man I’ll save this one on itunes.

+ Elvick_ on November 10th, 2012 at 10:39 pm said:

For god’s sake, stop uploading the podcast with ‘Official PlayStation Blogcast’ when you started with ‘THE Official PlayStation Blogcast’. Are you trying to ruin my last.fm library? And while you’re at it, stop randomly adding it with ‘PlayStation’ as the artist tag, because there’s apparently some band with that name. The new one is fine, but I always have to check to make sure. It’s annoying.

@15: There’s more videos online, just look. I suggest you DON’T though. It ruins the experience to show too much, that’s why they didn’t show much. The game wouldn’t be the same if you saw it all coming before discovering it yourself. I’m glad it was all left vague. The later levels were awesome to encounter.

+ Nick Suttner on November 11th, 2012 at 10:54 am said:

Crap, I didn’t notice the inconsistent tagging, I’ll try and amend that. I’m picky about it too, trust me.

+ Kchow23 on November 10th, 2012 at 11:35 pm said:

Great episode this week and congrats on the big 5-0 and 1 year anniversary! I’ll miss Jeff on the blog but I wish him luck on his future job.

+ Bcrazyman on November 11th, 2012 at 2:06 pm said:

hey NICK? do you know about any games for us on ps+?
    also i cant wait for the 1yr episode im really a ture listener!!
    im gonna miss JEFF, he was the 1 i liked very much!

+ Smert_ on November 11th, 2012 at 5:47 pm said:

Hi guys, if you read a player query on the blogcast, wha’ts the ETA on receiving the voucher codes?

+ tigerbait_ on November 12th, 2012 at 12:28 pm said:

Oh no Jeff is leaving, who’s gonna fill his place and make some mini’s? But seriously best of luck to ya.

+ TeH_EleFant8 on November 15th, 2012 at 5:42 pm said:

Hey guys congrats but when will you change ps store back

+ zombiemom on November 16th, 2012 at 12:45 pm said:

Is there a reason that the newest Blogcast episode has been on iTunes since yesterday but isn’t being posted on the Playstation Blog? I like to listen to them on my Vita or PS3, and I don’t do iTunes.

+ Yo-Itz-Zoo on November 22nd, 2012 at 4:17 pm said:

the ps3 should make it like the xbox with a party and you should be able to talk with like out being in a game like the xbox a party chat that would be AWESOME and i think ps3 is cool but to make it better consider it.