Tearaway Unfolded

Nov 09

So, Today is My Last Day at PlayStation

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Nov 09, 2012 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Jeff Rubenstein

After five years, 5,995 blog posts, and 10,888 Tweets, today is my final day at PlayStation. We’ve accomplished a lot together: we’ve built PlayStation.Blog into one of the most influential blogs in the world, amassed the largest Twitter following in the industry and the 8th most fans in the world on Facebook (watch out McDonalds!). I mention these stats not to brag, but because I continue to be amazed at the enduring strength of the PlayStation brand and its fervent fans, whom I’ve been lucky to serve as Social Media Dudebro since 2007.

Jeff yells at people a lot

PlayStation, specifically SCEA, has been very good to me. I’ve been sent to gamescom, Tokyo Game Show, PAXes East and Prime, Comic-Con, and E3 many times over. I’ve gotten to personally put PS Vitas into fans’ hands for the first time at Social Club events. I’ve gotten to share exciting news, first looks, and big reveals with you, then relay your feedback to the teams that created them. Keep telling us what you think; it really does count!

Most impactful of all, I’ve met thousands of great people — gaming industry, media, and PlayStation fans — some of whom have become true friends.

Jeff just pretends to play games

Now, I’m actually looking forward to jumping back over to the fan side of the fence. Working through my massive backlog of games (starting with The Unfinished Swan this weekend). Buying The Last of Us at a midnight launch. Actually being surprised at E3.

It’ll be a big adjustment for me — but not for you. Perhaps the most important thing I’ve done here at PlayStation is surround myself with people more talented (if not better looking) than myself. Sid, Rey, and Justin are the reasons PlayStation.Blog is as informative, entertaining, and influential as it is. None of that will change when I walk out the door this afternoon. And I guess that’s why I’m at peace with moving on; my work here is well and truly done.

Play with me on PSN (JeffPS) and/or follow me on Twitter (@jeffrubenstein). I’m practicing PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale right now. Bring it, my Radec is ready.

TL;DR I’ve really loved working with, and for, all of you.

Jeff eats like a girl

P.S. — Confession time: I’m the one who spilled coffee all over the break room on October 15th, 2007. I didn’t know how to operate the coffee maker. I regret the error.

PAGE 1 3 4 5

+ unbornsoldier on November 9th, 2012 at 7:39 pm said:

im in shock @@,the gaming industry has been falling apart this year,sad day for playstation :/,jeff i wish you nothing but the best on your next move,hope to see you involved in the industry in some shape or form,thanks for the memories and all your hard work,respect bro :/ ps: tried to add you on psn but your friend list is full :/

+ BlaqMagiq24 on November 9th, 2012 at 7:42 pm said:

You made the PS blog amazing. Much respect and best of luck in everything you do.

+ zombie_56 on November 9th, 2012 at 7:42 pm said:

i miss you already the blog just won’t be the same without you best of luck jeff

+ ro-kurorai on November 9th, 2012 at 7:43 pm said:

I wish you the best for your future endeavors, Jeff. You’ve always been an integral part of the US Playstation community team and I will genuinely miss you. Take care of yourself and enjoy being a “regular Playstation gamer”. Thanks for the support and effort you’ve invested into the community, we’ll be missing you.
I guess your Friendlist will be full by the time I arrive in my cozy Shin-Nakano room to pick my Vita up ^^.

+ sprice25 on November 9th, 2012 at 7:46 pm said:

@SiborgSimoSctlnd – Author of Post #36 : that is exactly what I was thinking. Before I read the comments, the first thing I noticed on the page was Jeff pissing on the lawn of PlayStation. I could not stop laughing. I had to search the comments to see if anyone else agreed. Such a beautiful photo!

+ Istyle318 on November 9th, 2012 at 8:02 pm said:

whatever you do stay being yourself

+ gus_xl on November 9th, 2012 at 8:06 pm said:

Jeff, you’ll definitely be missed. Thanks for all the hard work!

+ MAJESTY4 on November 9th, 2012 at 8:14 pm said:

Peace Jeff you’ve been great.

+ ClinToN on November 9th, 2012 at 8:23 pm said:

You were one of the coolest people to represent the brand throughout the the years. All the best of luck out there! Thanks for the good times.

+ BLacK0UTz_18 on November 9th, 2012 at 8:37 pm said:

Goodbye Jeff.you will be truly missed.

+ Lord_Rinja on November 9th, 2012 at 8:49 pm said:

Good luck Jeff. I hope we will still be seeing you around the video game industry.You are an excellent writer, host and reporter. Have a good one.

+ Blackblaze09 on November 9th, 2012 at 8:51 pm said:

Bye jefft ur such a great guy and fyi my kratos would destroy you.

+ GGCAN on November 9th, 2012 at 8:52 pm said:

Wow !

On my PS3 right now and just thought I’d check out the blog and saw your post.

Hate to see you go, as I’ve been following you here on the blog a while now.

However, all the best to you and your family in the future.

We’ll miss you here on the blog.

Take care…..

+ Cloud_X1 on November 9th, 2012 at 8:53 pm said:

You were the main reason I came here, besides gaming news. But I guess it’s life , in just 2 years I’ve had to say good bye to many friends, family, and co-workers, and it’s only the beginning. You WILL be missed.

+ Jim777 on November 9th, 2012 at 8:55 pm said:

The PS Blog has long been my first source for all news games, and it has been in a large way thanks to people like you Jeff.

On behalf of all of us blog readers thank you for your years of hard work and good luck in whatever comes next.

+ TRINIKING on November 9th, 2012 at 9:01 pm said:

all the best jeff thank you

+ LoRdOrEo on November 9th, 2012 at 9:04 pm said:

So damn sad man. I wish you the best of luck. You will be severely missed dude!

+ kod13 on November 9th, 2012 at 9:13 pm said:

come on. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
why is this happening I don’t like change. Hope to still hear from you. Goodbye

+ StealthReborn-- on November 9th, 2012 at 9:19 pm said:

Hey Jeff,

I sincerely want to thank you so much for everything you’ve done for us. Even though it was your job, I have no doubt you were happy and passionate about doing what you were doing.

You will be greatly missed and wish you the best in your future endeavors!

Thanks for everything Jeff!

+ Uncharted_Lord22 on November 9th, 2012 at 9:31 pm said:

Even though I don’t even know you but please don’t leave. I don’t want the stocks to drop more and Sony goes broke. I wish you well and just follow you on twitter.

+ DARIAN_WILL on November 9th, 2012 at 9:34 pm said:

OOOOHHH NOOO Who gives up a job a Playstation have you gone mad!?!?
Can i have your job LOL Playstation give me his job. i would gladly leave where
i’m at to do his job. LIKE OMG i see myself retiring at a old from playstation if i
ever get the change lol. PLAYSTATION GIVE ME A JOB xD lol. msg my psn
why don’t ya.

+ xKM07x on November 9th, 2012 at 9:35 pm said:

Aww, Jeff! </3 I'm sad to see you leave. Thanks for the last five years. You're an awesome, really great guy. I wish you the best of luck in whatever you're going to do now. We will all miss you.

+ AgentX on November 9th, 2012 at 9:51 pm said:

Jeff, sorry to learn that you’re leaving the PlayStation group. You made a positive impression with your involvement with the PlayStation community. Thank you, and good luck to you in the future!

+ Busca-Cabezas on November 9th, 2012 at 9:55 pm said:

I miss PSN’s PULSE and QORE… Ppl I have really learned to love and enjoy, somehow, always find a way to “move on” and leave(for better or worse). It makes me a bit sad and angry at the same time. I actually wanted to break the PSBlog’s “Comments Etiquette” and be a “JERK” just to laugh it off and shake away how I feel… But instead I turn around and wrote what I felt was a bit more honest. Well… Carry on. *salutes*

PS: Happy Friday, Mo Fos!! Woot!! :P

+ MXJC on November 9th, 2012 at 10:04 pm said:

Thanks man you will be missed bro!! oh by the way your lucky you have ur PS character ready for u this entire time, I must wait for the awesome/epic day of P.S.A.S.B.R to come out lol \m/ I wish you well dude!!
See you on PSN!!

+ PAINPAS on November 9th, 2012 at 10:14 pm said:

You were a positive personality that will be missed Jeff. All the best in what you do next.

+ PsychoSploosh69 on November 9th, 2012 at 10:21 pm said:

Good luck Jeff, thanks for the great work you did with the blog, and beyond.

+ tacotaskforce on November 9th, 2012 at 10:28 pm said:

PS Blog is the only corporate blog in this industry worth reading, and I imagine you were a significant part of that. You will be missed.

PAGE 1 3 4 5