Horizon Zero Dawn

Nov 12

Nov 12

PlayStation Plus Update: Solve a Quantum Conundrum Free with Plus

Morgan Haro's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Last week, we revealed that Resident Evil 5 would be free for PS Plus members. Now we’re welcoming Quantum Conundrum into the Instant Game Collection. It’s a ground-breaking title in its own right, so read on to learn a bit more about it, along with another great deal for Plus members. This update’s content will be in effect with the November 13th PS Store Update.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or click here to get access.

November 13th PlayStation Plus Update

Quantum Conundrum

Free for Plus Members

Designed by Kim Swift (one of the original developers of the classic game Portal), Quantum Conundrum is an amazing first person puzzler which gives you the power to hop through different dimensions, manipulating the very physical traits of the world around you in real time on a quest to save your inventor Uncle, Professor Fitz Quadwrangle! Check out IGN’s video review of the game below to find out why Quantum Conundrum is super clever, a ton of fun, and definitely worth playing.

Machinarium

30% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $9.99, PS Plus Price: $6.99)

If you haven’t had the chance to play through this adventure, now might be the time. Machinarium is a point-and-click game that immerses you in a remarkable world to solve puzzles and complete your journey. Find out why it was awarded the Excellence in Visual Art award at the Independent Games Festival and download with tomorrow’s PlayStation Store Update.

There’s more exciting news for PS Plus right around the corner (hint: PS Vita owners, and to-be PS Vita owners will love it), so stay tuned to PlayStation.Blog for more exciting PS Plus content coming your way. Until then, I’ll see you in the comments!

11-13-2012 PlayStation Plus Update

Get PlayStation Plus

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 7

poodude said:

November 12th, 9:06 am

Oh man, that’s awesome!

Gorvi said:

November 12th, 9:07 am

Nice! I loved the demo. I’ll wait on Machinarium until it hits the Vita.

sciteach said:

November 12th, 9:07 am

glad i didnt buy it when i was gonna!

MakoSOLIDER said:

November 12th, 9:07 am

YES! AWESOME PLUS UPDATE! Can’t wait for the Vita news too

MakoSOLIDER said:

November 12th, 9:08 am

I like Plus for giving us good games I prob wud never have bought, nice work

vince8502 said:

November 12th, 9:09 am

Im sooooooo happy Quantum Conundrum is free. Being a plus member is soooo wonderful!

snakeman07 said:

November 12th, 9:10 am

Pretty cool.

kilburni86 said:

November 12th, 9:10 am

So does “right around the corner” mean another post today or should we be expecting later this week or just next Monday?

This is one of my gripes with Sony PR…managing expectations. You know by now that when you say “November” people think 11/1. I understand that you won’t know an exact date 3-4 months in advance (Gamescom), but when you get into October, there’s probably a much better idea of when you’ll be able to drop the info. At that point, just tell the community to come back on “x” date and all will be revealed. This is one of the reasons I thought the PSASBR Live-Action Trailer was so well done, people were able to hype up the “content” but not the timeframe.

I’m not trying to bash anyone, and overall I think the PS.Blog team does an excellent job of getting information out to us. This is just one of the gripes I have and I hope it’s taken constructively!

rodrom said:

November 12th, 9:11 am

Great on Quantum Conundrum! I liked the demo, but not enough to purchase it immediately. Might give it a full play through now! :)

DawningWolf55 said:

November 12th, 9:11 am

I am up to give Quantum a try. I hope you saying Vita news around the corner is today! I am so hyped for free Vita Games!

SLEEPLESS_KNIGHT said:

November 12th, 9:11 am

2 weeks in a row with great free PS+ games! Keep it up!

KAC710 said:

November 12th, 9:12 am

Any Vita Plus news? Haven’t heard anything since “coming in November”…

Nick930930 said:

November 12th, 9:12 am

What is this? I was told that Playstation Plus was coming to Vita TODAY. Someone replied to me last week saying so… is it still coming?

I was looking forward to getting a free Vita game with plus today……………….

Pabloo1010 said:

November 12th, 9:14 am

Hey are we gonna get a Playstation All Stars Themed sale like the EU Store? Keep up the Plus goodness and ignore the inevitable complainers!

Ryumoau said:

November 12th, 9:14 am

ugh…a lame puzzler? Good thing Black Ops 2 comes out this week. Won’t need anything from psn store.

Would like to hear when Vita Plus will start. Though i’m scared about the quality of games you’ll give us based on the last two months of ps3 freebies.

Nick930930 said:

November 12th, 9:14 am

Sorry not today, on TUESDAY. Of this week…

Nick930930 said:

November 12th, 9:15 am

Pabloo stop being such a suck-up…they won’t give you personal free stuff for being a brown-noser

tylerh1701 said:

November 12th, 9:15 am

Excellent game! Bravo! Thank you!

Pabloo1010 said:

November 12th, 9:15 am

Also, any news on how far Remote Play for the Vita is coming along? That would be KILLER if I could play my ps3 games on a PS Vita. That alone would sell a couple million Vitas Sony :)

Cyb3rfr34k-iso said:

November 12th, 9:17 am

these games are crap.
but fit perfectly ps+ crap program anyway.

kilburni86 said:

November 12th, 9:17 am

Quantum Conundrum is a pretty exciting freebie btw. This is the game I was hoping for when it was teased as a “puzzler” last week.

Current PS3 rating on Metacritic is an 81/100 and a lot of comparisons were drawn between it and Portal. I’m excited to give it a shot…and I’m even more excited to see what’s “right around the corner”!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

November 12th, 9:26 am

Yeah, it’s a great game, and if anyone here hasn’t tried it, I couldn’t recommend it more, especially if you’re a fan of Portal-type games (which there really aren’t many of)

Ryumoau said:

November 12th, 9:18 am

Are we ever going to get an Role playing game as a freebie?

Wario64 said:

November 12th, 9:18 am

Not bad, Quantum Conundrum is fairly new. Any news on when PS+ for Vita is coming?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

November 12th, 9:25 am

We’re putting the finishing touches on everything in regards to sharing the IGC info on Plus for Vita. Watch for it soon!

HaMmOdY said:

November 12th, 9:20 am

OK now I’m hooked… I hope they surprise me with Plus for Vita. But please be a game I don’t already have on Vita.

Seeing_Red_Again said:

November 12th, 9:20 am

Morgan, would you please take some suggestions that I have for new features that should be implemented for the future of PlayStation Plus?

PlayStation Plus “Premium Servers” – PlayStation Plus subscribers get exclusive access to dedicated servers with extra features and quality performance in most PS3/PS4 games.

PlayStation Plus “Lightning Downloads” – PlayStation Plus subscribers get enhanced download speeds from PSN boosting the average download speeds by a large margin

Thank you and please consider adding these for the next gen of PlayStation Plus on PS4 or adding them into the current PlayStation Plus

GraveRobberX said:

November 12th, 9:20 am

Where is the Vita PS+ news?
=/
Also Morgan can you look into this, I’ve been screwed by the PS Store since last week

snakeeyes211 said:

November 12th, 9:24 am

@ Morgan
Any news to share on the vita plus side??

islankleinknecht said:

November 12th, 9:25 am

Hey, I was planning on picking up Machinarium on the PC eventually. In my experience, point-and-click adventure games work better on PC. To anyone who has tried it out, is there any reason to get Machinarium on the PS3 over PC?

CZOOM01 said:

November 12th, 9:26 am

Great Update again two weeks in a row Morgan.

Anyways, I second that about RPG’s. Any chance of any free RPG’s in the near future?

swisstylez said:

November 12th, 9:26 am

Not bad… But I want to see more vita news =/

kmtburton said:

November 12th, 9:27 am

Been wanting QC cant wait to play it finally. I know everyones on about plus for vita but Im more interested in any info on the LBP Cross Controller DLC. Seen a interview a while back and the guy said itd be out sometime after LBPK ships. Got my vita last week and thats my main reason for finally getting one, cant wait to find out more about it.

DrApollo said:

November 12th, 9:28 am

Man! Fantastic free game and discount! I’ve been meaning to get this game anyway and I’m glad I waited.

Betorro said:

November 12th, 9:28 am

Another crappy game?

PS PLUS FOR VITA PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Misbik said:

November 12th, 9:28 am

Very nice freebie! I was tempted to pick it up when it came out as I enjoyed Portal 2 when I played it. In hindsight now though, I’m very glad I saved my money since I get it for free with Plus! And it’s not even a very old release!

My only concern though, and I think many people would agree with me on this, is that this happens so often with Plus that my purchases in the Playstation Store have become much more selective and altogether scarce. I seldom ever make a purchase of a game at full price or even as part of a great sale from the Store, simply because I’m worried the game might come out as a freebie with Plus shortly thereafter.

Oh well, I’ll just continue with the freebies. Yay for Plus!

(Oh and P.S., I don’t care for the new Store design. Can we revert it back please? :P)

aelurio1980 said:

November 12th, 9:29 am

It’s an awesome update, but am still waiting news from the psn+ vita.

Ryumoau said:

November 12th, 9:29 am

Please tell me you guys plan to give us a discount on Persona 4 Golden? that would be a great way to start off Vita Plus. And please no psp games.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

November 12th, 9:51 am

I think you’ll find some great stuff we’ll be doing to kick off Plus on Vita. Can’t wait to see the news shared with you all.

DZORMAGEN said:

November 12th, 9:29 am

Who is taking over Jeff’s position?? I miss him already….

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

November 12th, 9:49 am

Sid Shuman is the man with the blog reigns, so everything will remain in tip top shape!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

November 12th, 9:50 am

typo: *reins

LeeorV said:

November 12th, 9:30 am

Morgan, I have to agree with the other posters, can’t you decide on a date in which to reveal the PSVita lineup for PS+ and announce it? It is really annoying to follow the blog constantly and refresh it, just so I can know whether or not I should purchase a game because I keep fearing that it’ll be featured in the IGC…

Andy10003 said:

November 12th, 9:31 am

Was a little disappointed that it was a puzzle game. But then I saw it was created by one of the guys that helped make Portal and all my worries went away. Also, no poll? :\

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

November 12th, 9:48 am

We won’t do polls just for the sake of doing them =) If we’re not prepared to act on the information that we receive, it wouldn’t be fair to hustle out a poll just as a facade. That said, we’re working to identify every opportunity we can to poll you guys for feedback!

Betorro said:

November 12th, 9:32 am

PLEASE NO PSP GAME FOR IGC ON VITA. NO PSP GAMES, NO MINIS, NO PS1. ONLY PS VITA GAMES!

That thing cost me 300$, i dont wanna play PSP, mini or ps1 games

islankleinknecht said:

November 12th, 9:32 am

@ #33:

Keep in mind that freebies from Plus go away when you cancel Plus, so I still buy games I actually want to own. Of course, there are plenty of games I don’t want to own but wouldn’t mind playing, so it’s always good when those pop up on Plus.

Jak23ft said:

November 12th, 9:33 am

Is PSPlus coming to Vita tomorrow or soon afterwards? It’s important, because if it’s coming tomorrow I’ll hold off on using my free $20 on Portal 2.

blu_unclegh said:

November 12th, 9:33 am

I really gotta thank you guys for Quantum Cunundrum being free. I loved the demo so much i still have it on my system, just haven’t had the cash to pick it up. Now this is awesome, thank you really.

islankleinknecht said:

November 12th, 9:33 am

#35 and #39:

What’s wrong with playing PSP games on the Vita? o_O

T3DV0L70L1N4 said:

November 12th, 9:34 am

Damn, I just bought Machinarium for $10. Oh well, I really enjoyed it so I guess it was worth it. It would be even better as a Vita game, since it’s a point-and-click adventure. Hopefully it comes out on Vita later and early adopters get it for free.

Thanks for mentioning the Vita PS+ updates Morgan. But a specific date with specific content would be even better!

pke33online said:

November 12th, 9:34 am

@ Any one saying that this is another crappy game on plus:

Why did you subscribe to PLUS anyway? if no new game seems to like you. Just wait more games will be coming every week. You will find one that you will like.

@ Morgan Haro:

I´d like to give you a suggestion. Please reply the posts on the LATAM Playstation Blog. I know there are not many comments, but if you answer i thik more people would comment. By the way, Do you write those posts in spanish?

Nergil said:

November 12th, 9:35 am

2 great weeks in a row…credit where credit is due…i actually don’t own this one.

Good job, guys…but I feel compelled to keep asking for a sortable download list since I never get an answer.

Superstone said:

November 12th, 9:36 am

Reduce prices on psp games!!

CIoud_Strife_F_7 said:

November 12th, 9:37 am

im definitely not happy this month 2 free games that i already buy before, RE5 and now Quantum WTF SONY!!!! i want my money back

Betorro said:

November 12th, 9:37 am

#43 I BUY A PS VITA FOR PS VITA GAMES! 300$ CONSOLE FOR PS1 GAMES? HAHAHHAHAHAHAH

ONLY PS VITA GAMES ON IGC FOR VITA.

PAGE 1 2 3 7