Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Nov 12

Quantum Conundrum

PlayStation Plus Update: Solve a Quantum Conundrum Free with Plus

Morgan Haro's Avatar Posted by Morgan Haro on Nov 12, 2012 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Last week, we revealed that Resident Evil 5 would be free for PS Plus members. Now we’re welcoming Quantum Conundrum into the Instant Game Collection. It’s a ground-breaking title in its own right, so read on to learn a bit more about it, along with another great deal for Plus members. This update’s content will be in effect with the November 13th PS Store Update.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or click here to get access.

November 13th PlayStation Plus Update

Quantum Conundrum

Free for Plus Members

Designed by Kim Swift (one of the original developers of the classic game Portal), Quantum Conundrum is an amazing first person puzzler which gives you the power to hop through different dimensions, manipulating the very physical traits of the world around you in real time on a quest to save your inventor Uncle, Professor Fitz Quadwrangle! Check out IGN’s video review of the game below to find out why Quantum Conundrum is super clever, a ton of fun, and definitely worth playing.

30% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $9.99, PS Plus Price: $6.99)

If you haven’t had the chance to play through this adventure, now might be the time. Machinarium is a point-and-click game that immerses you in a remarkable world to solve puzzles and complete your journey. Find out why it was awarded the Excellence in Visual Art award at the Independent Games Festival and download with tomorrow’s PlayStation Store Update.

There’s more exciting news for PS Plus right around the corner (hint: PS Vita owners, and to-be PS Vita owners will love it), so stay tuned to PlayStation.Blog for more exciting PS Plus content coming your way. Until then, I’ll see you in the comments!

11-13-2012 PlayStation Plus Update

Get PlayStation Plus

PAGE 1 2 3 7

+ DazeOfWar on November 12th, 2012 at 12:25 pm said:

@boomstick: Plus games have always been rental style. I’ve also been a Plus member since Day one and did enjoy the old style better but games were never ours to keep. We did have a few but not all of them.

+ ojha_cojek on November 12th, 2012 at 12:29 pm said:

Just one question? When plus for vita arrives will I be able to buy it from Vita itself and a wallet (something like protection plan) or will I need to buy a plus card or digital download a code to activate?

+ islankleinknecht on November 12th, 2012 at 12:29 pm said:

#49 Why, when playing PSP games on the Vita is better than playing them on the PSP?

+ OneBadWood on November 12th, 2012 at 12:33 pm said:

My apologies then, its just that when i read WRAPPED INTO THIS POST, i assumed it would be wrapped into that specific post! im just anxious about ps plus on vita. I hate it that my impatience made me sound like one of these DB’s i laugh and make fun of. But seriously thanks for all you guys do! keep up the good work!

+ TryJorge on November 12th, 2012 at 12:41 pm said:

Why is it that everybody pisses and moans about the free games we get on playstation plus what do you want COD black ops 2 or something. It could be like Xbox live where you get absolutely nothing and pay to play games online. Keep up the good work Sony!!!

+ OneBadWood on November 12th, 2012 at 12:49 pm said:

i agree that we expect too much. but free is the wrong word. I have gamefly but i dont consider any games i rent free, nor do games with a paid subsciription free either (just like gamefly when i no longer subscribe i no longer get those “free” games)

+ Pariah_Dark on November 12th, 2012 at 12:51 pm said:

The complaining is getting ridiculous.

I remember vividly about many of the people here moaning “how come we don’t have RE 5 Gold Edition”. Now that you got it, you lump it in with this update as “OMG two crap games in a row”??

This makes me realize you only complain for the sake of complaining. I don’t even Sony for having to deal with you bunch of moaners and whiners all the dang time.

If you don’t like the service, don’t resubscribe. Problem solved.

+ OneBadWood on November 12th, 2012 at 12:52 pm said:

also dont get me wrong i love PS PLUS thats why i pay for it. I just dont like the word free when its not!

+ OneBadWood on November 12th, 2012 at 12:56 pm said:

i agree but disagree. most complaints are ticky tack. However, complaining about EU plus being better (not a single person can honestly disagree) is a legitment complaint.

for example, if i have kids and on xmas i gave one kid $10 and my other kid $50. then the kid with $10 has a legit excuse to be butt hurt.

+ zombie9 on November 12th, 2012 at 12:58 pm said:

yawn fest didn’t care for the free games this month. but hey I don’t agree with everyone.

+ PainOfSarrow on November 12th, 2012 at 12:59 pm said:

wowww soo glade im not an official PLUS member. seen nothing but boring and horrible games. im using a trial of plus at the moment. the only thing i luv about plus is the game DISCOUNTS. other wise its pretty boring.

+ TurismoM3 on November 12th, 2012 at 1:01 pm said:

1% are the complainers. We the other 99% are very happy with PS Plus. If you don’t like it, don’t subscribe and move along.

A really great choice with Quantum Conundrum.

Keep up the great work Morgan.

+ NoirLamia777 on November 12th, 2012 at 1:02 pm said:

Very nice update! I’ve had my eye on this game, I’ll have a chance to play it now for free.

+ OneBadWood on November 12th, 2012 at 1:07 pm said:

i feel that i get my money worth with ps plus! But does that mean i should not have constructive criticism on Plus? Where u get that stats anyway? i know your trying to make a point, but lets not exagerate. Do you feel that us plus is equal or inferior to EU plus?

+ theXsilentXchild on November 12th, 2012 at 1:09 pm said:

just bought Machinarium last week!!! ps+ strikes again! on another note Quantum Conundrum has the best song before you click to start it up. I have the demo just to listen to the song once in awhile. the game is kinda like a poor man’s portal… but thats not a bad thing.

+ Pariah_Dark on November 12th, 2012 at 1:15 pm said:

I swear, I wonder if they’re sorry they ever even started PS Plus.

Most of those same retail games EU got were games a VAST majority of the same people right here complained about as garbage anyway outside of Red Dead Redemption. So that $10-$50 complaint doesn’t really work here. Because the same “$50” kid you speak of is over there complaining right now.

Like I said before, whiners, do both yourselves and Sony a favor and let your subscription expire. It doesn’t get any simpler than that.

+ OneBadWood on November 12th, 2012 at 1:21 pm said:

i never said that no one can complain who has EU plus. please re read my response to u. I said no one can say that eu plus is not better than us plus. Im sorry u misunderstood me.

my advice is next time read clearly and u will understand.

here is my response to u earlier

+ boomstickbhg on November 12th, 2012 at 1:25 pm said:

Yes but before we got an occasional rental game, and then tons of discounts and other things (50%/deep discounts).

Now we get almost nothing but rentals and most discounts don’t go past 10-20%

Not to mention the lack of Qore, Avatars, themes etc…

+ Pariah_Dark on November 12th, 2012 at 1:26 pm said:

No, I read EXACTLY what you said. And what I read is an opinion. Which is why it was given little to no attention. “no one can say that eu plus is not better than us plus” is your ( and maybe many) personal opinion, not fact.

+ OneBadWood on November 12th, 2012 at 1:30 pm said:

i stand corrected pariah dark. it is my opinion. what is your opinion is EU plus or us plus better?

also you said this “As for the EU version being better and not a single person can complain, why don’t you take a look at their blogs week in and week out and see if you can still say that?”

i never said Eu plus people cant complain

+ freshprincepbg on November 12th, 2012 at 1:31 pm said:

Europe is having a Playstation All-Stars sale, it’s a sale on the Playstation All-Stars character’s own game, please tell me this is coming to US also???

It’s not fair, having a PS3 shouldn’t make me wish I lived in Europe.

+ boomstickbhg on November 12th, 2012 at 1:31 pm said:

To those saying if you don’t like Plus don’t subscribe.

Once you pay for it, you’re stuck until it runs out. They sell it by the 3 month and year. So plenty of people will have year long subscriptions they can’t get out of for many more months.

Of course these people (and all Plus members) have a right to complain, especially when things seem to get worse/concerns ignored, constantly being told to ‘wait for something great’ and it ends up being garbage (to them).

As for RE5, I’m glad for those who wanted it, but I was never one. I bought it a long time ago when Plus still did regular and large discounts on games. I’m tired of IGC offering really old PS3 games that are already dirt cheap and many people like myself bought a while ago. Stings even more when it was bought with a plus discount, then becomes free (to rent).

I don’t think people should be on here name calling or telling other people that their tastes/opinions are wrong.

I do think people on here have a right and almost a duty as a Plus member to let the Blog staff know if we aren’t happy with all the changes to a longstanding service.

+ Pariah_Dark on November 12th, 2012 at 1:39 pm said:

Ok, this is the last I’m gonna reply since I don’t have the time for this. But maybe you’re the one misunderstanding here.

I never said YOU said EU people can’t complain. However, what I DID bring attention to is the fact that the people over there having been giving out VERY similar complaints that the people over here do.

Now, as for your question as to which is “better”, for ME (keyword, ME) it evens out. Why? because for one, I’m a person that likes to have the discs for my games. So because many of the EU games are already retail ready, the EU version wouldn’t be my personal preference. So with that said, for ME, the North American one is better because most of those games I can’t get at retail.

But on a side note, what most of you don’t even realize is that those same games everyone complained about wanting here are coming over. A good example is Resident evil 5 Gold and Borderlands. And now, they’re starting to get games that the North American version got months ago, such as Ratchet and Clank all 4 one.

Anyway, dissect that as you will. Got stuff to do :)

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on November 12th, 2012 at 1:48 pm said:

same for me, i want 50% ~75% sale.
i dont care for retal service.
i buy ALL the games i want, and great sale makes me spend more of my money.
i dont need no trial, no rented games, i want a service effective as gamestop and ebgames, with very good deals every weeks on full retail games and some psn titles only availble in the psn store.

seriously the one in charge of + service should do WAY better job, not just post the shhiit in there only reply to 10 worst useless comments. man are you working? seriously? it took you 2min of copy paste the blog text, take 2min to reply, what the hell you doing for the next 7 hours and 56 mins on your 8hour shift.

+ kevster150 on November 12th, 2012 at 1:50 pm said:

Lol Obama in office makes me wish I lived in Europe. However I do think more than 1% are unhappy with their subscription. If all the unhappy people didn’t use this blog to tell Sony how they felt and just quit the subscription. The remaining users would suffer. The happier the users the now subscriptions the better games Sony can give.

+ OneBadWood on November 12th, 2012 at 1:51 pm said:

@pariah dark thanks for the response and the your answer to your preference. You made some good points, and i suppose i did misunderstand you. hopefully no ill will on anyones part, we are all gamers and are passionate obviously! a good debate and understanding like we had is good for the gaming community. Hope to see all you guys on the battlefield (no pun intended) with Blops 2 tomorrow!

im sorry if i offended anyone !( not my intention)

@MORGAN i have had strong opinions on plus, but in no way, shape or form do have nothing but respect for the work you do. You have great customer service skills!

ok no more complaining or butt kissing lol

+ eddieanton on November 12th, 2012 at 1:55 pm said:

Morgan, don’t listen to the guys asking you to not offer psp, minis and ps1 classics as a part of vita plus… why would you limit what’s available to offer?.

+ freshprincepbg on November 12th, 2012 at 1:56 pm said:

rofl @ us and eu plus being the same, just gonna ignore EU has had a dozen more Full PS3 games, and when they give out PSN games, they’re brand new releases, while the majority of ours are a year old. oh and it’s not even the same price, because for a month EU was selling a year subscription for $30! Nobody can argue that US plus is better or even the same

+ WesHouston on November 12th, 2012 at 2:00 pm said:

Normally don’t mind free games that I already own. I’ve got plenty from Plus that I didn’t, but this one in particular has made me decide to quit buying games and just wait for what plus gives me. Wanted this game from day one and held out because I figured it would be free soon on Plus. I waited but it never came so when the spend $100 and get $20 deal came up I bought it to fill my cart. Now, days after I get my $20 dollars its free. By my math I just spent $100 to get $5 back.

Just a suggestion, but why not implement some kind of system that either:

1) Gives better notice on upcoming games. A month ahead of time would be nice. If people really want the game they will pay to get it a month in advance.

2)Give the option of choosing 1 free game from a selection of two or three. Maybe combine with some of the games EU gets for free (already owned well over half of the instant game collection, but wouldn’t mind Bullestorm)

All around Plus is a great value, but it does make you think. Why buy PSN Games when you know you will end up getting them free anyway?

+ saskamazon on November 12th, 2012 at 2:06 pm said:

@170 …. what All Stars sale ? is this for additional characters / content, or costumes ? I don’t understand what the sale is for, & I have All Stars preordered … so am very interested & excited for any content that might be available …. thanks.

+ freshprincepbg on November 12th, 2012 at 2:11 pm said:

@saskamazon It’s not a sale for anything of the Playstation All-Stars game, it’s a sale on the Playstation All-Stars characters own games, like a sale on the Uncharted games, Ratchet & Clank, Twisted Metal, Fat Princess. Sorry if I confused you!

+ KrisButtar on November 12th, 2012 at 2:11 pm said:

Quantum Conundrumlooks looks interesting, any news on the DLC for port royale 3, or info on sacred 3 or even when some DLC will be released for assassin creed 3?

on a side note
people lined up for black ops 2 all over the place, but feel bad for the guys i seen, as when i was getting into my car from eb games, a car drove by and threw eggs at everyone waiting..and the guys in the car screaming halo 4 rules :(
i think that gives a bad image to all gamers

+ churchc58 on November 12th, 2012 at 2:14 pm said:

Don’t really like this game but I’m not going to hate But would love to see a Free Dragon Ball Z Game After Burst Limit that game sucked so bad or Assassins Creed game or ever Need for Speed would be cool also just some Ideals for you Playstation Plus Guys…. Was really shocked to see Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition ONE UP FOR +

+ godheit on November 12th, 2012 at 2:14 pm said:

EU 1yr PS+ subscription Sale was 37,49€ if i take a currency converter I get 47,64$ I would say the Sale wasn’t even a “Sale” it was propably the current exchange rate.

Got my point?

+ saskamazon on November 12th, 2012 at 2:18 pm said:

@179 – thanks for the info – here I thought they may have launched DLC characters … lol @ me ! gotcha, the original games …. good to know. guess that would be a good tie in to the launch of All Stars…. am on pins & needles for the full game – loved the Beta !

+ Anastasis17 on November 12th, 2012 at 2:23 pm said:

Might be a silly question that was answered elsewhere, but if I don’t have a Vita yet, but have plus, can I still get the free games for Vita in preparation for the day I do? Thanks!

+ freshprincepbg on November 12th, 2012 at 2:26 pm said:

@182 us dollar vs eu dollar is irrelevant. 25% off is a sale no matter how you spin it.

+ godheit on November 12th, 2012 at 2:38 pm said:

now reverse it and take for US ppl 49,99$=39,33€
we (EU) ppl normally pay 49,99€= (look) 63,53$

WOW O_O we EU ppl paying more the you

if u still haven’t my “pov” then sry

most of those complayiners (better call them crittical ppl) say “EU gets way better stuff then we do, we get only ‘crap’ or mediocre games”

Sry to say but EU pay’s more then US

+ godheit on November 12th, 2012 at 2:40 pm said:

oh a typo I mean *complainers :D

+ freshprincepbg on November 12th, 2012 at 2:46 pm said:

Like I said the US currency rate vs EU currency rate is irrelevant. That’s life. That’s government.

+ boomstickbhg on November 12th, 2012 at 2:48 pm said:

I’d gladly pay 5-10$ more to get more and better games that are full PS3 and/or at least relatively new.

+ NLCPRESIDENT on November 12th, 2012 at 2:54 pm said:

Hi, guys… I have a question/ theory…anyway
Ok, since we know in advance what we get from PS+, if said game(s) have demo’s, can we download the demo early and when the update comes through..we can download the unlock key?

if this works you should encourage this! I know you don’t want to limit store visits, as this wouldn’t cause we still would need the unlock key.
if this is something common already and flew over my head…I apologise thanks

+ Grouken on November 12th, 2012 at 3:00 pm said:

It’s November, where its the Movember sale? Get it? MOVE-mber?

+ navcomm81 on November 12th, 2012 at 3:00 pm said:

Nice, I’ve had a minor interest in playing this since it first released, so now I can give it a try. If I don’t like it, big deal…it’s free. :)

+ DonkeyKongKilla on November 12th, 2012 at 5:29 pm said:

@202 u have to call them up n set up for an refund itll take 5 to 15 business days they told me oh heres the kicker EVERYTHING WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION. really you stole money from us and thats all? i dont get my money back im not spending one more penny on sony XBOX i might make the switch!!!!!!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 12th, 2012 at 5:44 pm said:

We’ll ensure everyone gets taken care of.

+ PhillyTheCat on November 12th, 2012 at 5:31 pm said:

@FireDragonMonkey-you will not lose any “free” purchased content from plus once you re-sub. Simply load game if it’s still on your hdd. If you deleted it, visit your download list and go through the motions to put it back. The beauty of the Instant Game Collection.

+ Alben_D_Sky on November 12th, 2012 at 5:47 pm said:

Nice on Quantum Conundrum~ Always wanted to try it but never had or any Portal type game.. Still hoping for an RPG on PS+.. One with Online coop~

+ Kchow23 on November 12th, 2012 at 5:57 pm said:

A good update, I never got around to buying Quantum Conumdrum but I was always curious about the idea but my backlog was immense and PS Plus isn’t helping!

1) Is there a good chance that we could see some discounts/free DLC for games that have been or are in the IGC? since users with Plus are guaranteed to have it.

2) Any chance that automatic downloads/trophy syncing could be set to multiple times during the day for PS Vita? I would like to have it update at 6 AM and then at 6PM for instance.

3) I find that the trophy syncing on PS Vita is pretty quick since it only takes 2 seconds and it would be great if they are automatically synced unless this might be something that could be added to PS Vita via firmware update and would no longer be a PS Plus feature for Vita.

+ Asphaltum on November 12th, 2012 at 6:00 pm said:

Hi sorry to bother you guys, and I don’t mean to cause any trouble but can some one who is a ps plus user ask a question for me since no one ever answers questions from non plus users. My question is:

I thank you and I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused all you nice people.

+ Kchow23 on November 12th, 2012 at 6:04 pm said:

I know that this probably isn’t very popular but I would love to see some new PSN avatars and themes for PS Plus… it has been a while since we got some new ones and would be great if there are new panels for PS Vita when plus eventually comes to it.

PAGE 1 2 3 7