Minecraft PS4

PlayStation Plus Update: Solve a Quantum Conundrum Free with Plus

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Nov 12, 2012 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Last week, we revealed that Resident Evil 5 would be free for PS Plus members. Now we’re welcoming Quantum Conundrum into the Instant Game Collection. It’s a ground-breaking title in its own right, so read on to learn a bit more about it, along with another great deal for Plus members. This update’s content will be in effect with the November 13th PS Store Update.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or click here to get access.

November 13th PlayStation Plus Update

Quantum Conundrum

Free for Plus Members

Designed by Kim Swift (one of the original developers of the classic game Portal), Quantum Conundrum is an amazing first person puzzler which gives you the power to hop through different dimensions, manipulating the very physical traits of the world around you in real time on a quest to save your inventor Uncle, Professor Fitz Quadwrangle! Check out IGN’s video review of the game below to find out why Quantum Conundrum is super clever, a ton of fun, and definitely worth playing.

Machinarium

30% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $9.99, PS Plus Price: $6.99)

If you haven’t had the chance to play through this adventure, now might be the time. Machinarium is a point-and-click game that immerses you in a remarkable world to solve puzzles and complete your journey. Find out why it was awarded the Excellence in Visual Art award at the Independent Games Festival and download with tomorrow’s PlayStation Store Update.

There’s more exciting news for PS Plus right around the corner (hint: PS Vita owners, and to-be PS Vita owners will love it), so stay tuned to PlayStation.Blog for more exciting PS Plus content coming your way. Until then, I’ll see you in the comments!

11-13-2012 PlayStation Plus Update

Get PlayStation Plus

PAGE 1 2 3 7

+ poodude on November 12th, 2012 at 9:06 am said:

Oh man, that’s awesome!

+ Gorvi on November 12th, 2012 at 9:07 am said:

Nice! I loved the demo. I’ll wait on Machinarium until it hits the Vita.

+ sciteach on November 12th, 2012 at 9:07 am said:

glad i didnt buy it when i was gonna!

+ MakoSOLIDER on November 12th, 2012 at 9:07 am said:

YES! AWESOME PLUS UPDATE! Can’t wait for the Vita news too

+ MakoSOLIDER on November 12th, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

I like Plus for giving us good games I prob wud never have bought, nice work

+ vince8502 on November 12th, 2012 at 9:09 am said:

Im sooooooo happy Quantum Conundrum is free. Being a plus member is soooo wonderful!

+ snakeman07 on November 12th, 2012 at 9:10 am said:

Pretty cool.

+ kilburni86 on November 12th, 2012 at 9:10 am said:

So does “right around the corner” mean another post today or should we be expecting later this week or just next Monday?

This is one of my gripes with Sony PR…managing expectations. You know by now that when you say “November” people think 11/1. I understand that you won’t know an exact date 3-4 months in advance (Gamescom), but when you get into October, there’s probably a much better idea of when you’ll be able to drop the info. At that point, just tell the community to come back on “x” date and all will be revealed. This is one of the reasons I thought the PSASBR Live-Action Trailer was so well done, people were able to hype up the “content” but not the timeframe.

I’m not trying to bash anyone, and overall I think the PS.Blog team does an excellent job of getting information out to us. This is just one of the gripes I have and I hope it’s taken constructively!

+ rodrom on November 12th, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

Great on Quantum Conundrum! I liked the demo, but not enough to purchase it immediately. Might give it a full play through now! :)

+ DawningWolf55 on November 12th, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

I am up to give Quantum a try. I hope you saying Vita news around the corner is today! I am so hyped for free Vita Games!

+ SLEEPLESS_KNIGHT on November 12th, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

2 weeks in a row with great free PS+ games! Keep it up!

+ KAC710 on November 12th, 2012 at 9:12 am said:

Any Vita Plus news? Haven’t heard anything since “coming in November”…

+ Nick930930 on November 12th, 2012 at 9:12 am said:

What is this? I was told that Playstation Plus was coming to Vita TODAY. Someone replied to me last week saying so… is it still coming?

I was looking forward to getting a free Vita game with plus today……………….

+ Pabloo1010 on November 12th, 2012 at 9:14 am said:

Hey are we gonna get a Playstation All Stars Themed sale like the EU Store? Keep up the Plus goodness and ignore the inevitable complainers!

+ Ryumoau on November 12th, 2012 at 9:14 am said:

ugh…a lame puzzler? Good thing Black Ops 2 comes out this week. Won’t need anything from psn store.

Would like to hear when Vita Plus will start. Though i’m scared about the quality of games you’ll give us based on the last two months of ps3 freebies.

+ Nick930930 on November 12th, 2012 at 9:14 am said:

Sorry not today, on TUESDAY. Of this week…

+ Nick930930 on November 12th, 2012 at 9:15 am said:

Pabloo stop being such a suck-up…they won’t give you personal free stuff for being a brown-noser

+ tylerh1701 on November 12th, 2012 at 9:15 am said:

Excellent game! Bravo! Thank you!

+ Pabloo1010 on November 12th, 2012 at 9:15 am said:

Also, any news on how far Remote Play for the Vita is coming along? That would be KILLER if I could play my ps3 games on a PS Vita. That alone would sell a couple million Vitas Sony :)

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on November 12th, 2012 at 9:17 am said:

these games are crap.
but fit perfectly ps+ crap program anyway.

+ kilburni86 on November 12th, 2012 at 9:17 am said:

Quantum Conundrum is a pretty exciting freebie btw. This is the game I was hoping for when it was teased as a “puzzler” last week.

Current PS3 rating on Metacritic is an 81/100 and a lot of comparisons were drawn between it and Portal. I’m excited to give it a shot…and I’m even more excited to see what’s “right around the corner”!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 12th, 2012 at 9:26 am said:

Yeah, it’s a great game, and if anyone here hasn’t tried it, I couldn’t recommend it more, especially if you’re a fan of Portal-type games (which there really aren’t many of)

+ Ryumoau on November 12th, 2012 at 9:18 am said:

Are we ever going to get an Role playing game as a freebie?

+ Wario64 on November 12th, 2012 at 9:18 am said:

Not bad, Quantum Conundrum is fairly new. Any news on when PS+ for Vita is coming?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 12th, 2012 at 9:25 am said:

We’re putting the finishing touches on everything in regards to sharing the IGC info on Plus for Vita. Watch for it soon!

+ HaMmOdY on November 12th, 2012 at 9:20 am said:

OK now I’m hooked… I hope they surprise me with Plus for Vita. But please be a game I don’t already have on Vita.

+ Seeing_Red_Again on November 12th, 2012 at 9:20 am said:

Morgan, would you please take some suggestions that I have for new features that should be implemented for the future of PlayStation Plus?

PlayStation Plus “Premium Servers” – PlayStation Plus subscribers get exclusive access to dedicated servers with extra features and quality performance in most PS3/PS4 games.

PlayStation Plus “Lightning Downloads” – PlayStation Plus subscribers get enhanced download speeds from PSN boosting the average download speeds by a large margin

Thank you and please consider adding these for the next gen of PlayStation Plus on PS4 or adding them into the current PlayStation Plus

+ GraveRobberX on November 12th, 2012 at 9:20 am said:

Where is the Vita PS+ news?
=/
Also Morgan can you look into this, I’ve been screwed by the PS Store since last week

+ snakeeyes211 on November 12th, 2012 at 9:24 am said:

@ Morgan
Any news to share on the vita plus side??

+ islankleinknecht on November 12th, 2012 at 9:25 am said:

Hey, I was planning on picking up Machinarium on the PC eventually. In my experience, point-and-click adventure games work better on PC. To anyone who has tried it out, is there any reason to get Machinarium on the PS3 over PC?

+ CZOOM01 on November 12th, 2012 at 9:26 am said:

Great Update again two weeks in a row Morgan.

Anyways, I second that about RPG’s. Any chance of any free RPG’s in the near future?

+ swisstylez on November 12th, 2012 at 9:26 am said:

Not bad… But I want to see more vita news =/

+ kmtburton on November 12th, 2012 at 9:27 am said:

Been wanting QC cant wait to play it finally. I know everyones on about plus for vita but Im more interested in any info on the LBP Cross Controller DLC. Seen a interview a while back and the guy said itd be out sometime after LBPK ships. Got my vita last week and thats my main reason for finally getting one, cant wait to find out more about it.

+ DrApollo on November 12th, 2012 at 9:28 am said:

Man! Fantastic free game and discount! I’ve been meaning to get this game anyway and I’m glad I waited.

+ Betorro on November 12th, 2012 at 9:28 am said:

Another crappy game?

PS PLUS FOR VITA PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!!!!!

+ Misbik on November 12th, 2012 at 9:28 am said:

Very nice freebie! I was tempted to pick it up when it came out as I enjoyed Portal 2 when I played it. In hindsight now though, I’m very glad I saved my money since I get it for free with Plus! And it’s not even a very old release!

My only concern though, and I think many people would agree with me on this, is that this happens so often with Plus that my purchases in the Playstation Store have become much more selective and altogether scarce. I seldom ever make a purchase of a game at full price or even as part of a great sale from the Store, simply because I’m worried the game might come out as a freebie with Plus shortly thereafter.

Oh well, I’ll just continue with the freebies. Yay for Plus!

(Oh and P.S., I don’t care for the new Store design. Can we revert it back please? :P)

+ aelurio1980 on November 12th, 2012 at 9:29 am said:

It’s an awesome update, but am still waiting news from the psn+ vita.

+ Ryumoau on November 12th, 2012 at 9:29 am said:

Please tell me you guys plan to give us a discount on Persona 4 Golden? that would be a great way to start off Vita Plus. And please no psp games.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 12th, 2012 at 9:51 am said:

I think you’ll find some great stuff we’ll be doing to kick off Plus on Vita. Can’t wait to see the news shared with you all.

+ DZORMAGEN on November 12th, 2012 at 9:29 am said:

Who is taking over Jeff’s position?? I miss him already….

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 12th, 2012 at 9:49 am said:

Sid Shuman is the man with the blog reigns, so everything will remain in tip top shape!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 12th, 2012 at 9:50 am said:

typo: *reins

+ LeeorV on November 12th, 2012 at 9:30 am said:

Morgan, I have to agree with the other posters, can’t you decide on a date in which to reveal the PSVita lineup for PS+ and announce it? It is really annoying to follow the blog constantly and refresh it, just so I can know whether or not I should purchase a game because I keep fearing that it’ll be featured in the IGC…

+ Andy10003 on November 12th, 2012 at 9:31 am said:

Was a little disappointed that it was a puzzle game. But then I saw it was created by one of the guys that helped make Portal and all my worries went away. Also, no poll? :\

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 12th, 2012 at 9:48 am said:

We won’t do polls just for the sake of doing them =) If we’re not prepared to act on the information that we receive, it wouldn’t be fair to hustle out a poll just as a facade. That said, we’re working to identify every opportunity we can to poll you guys for feedback!

+ Betorro on November 12th, 2012 at 9:32 am said:

PLEASE NO PSP GAME FOR IGC ON VITA. NO PSP GAMES, NO MINIS, NO PS1. ONLY PS VITA GAMES!

That thing cost me 300$, i dont wanna play PSP, mini or ps1 games

+ islankleinknecht on November 12th, 2012 at 9:32 am said:

@ #33:

Keep in mind that freebies from Plus go away when you cancel Plus, so I still buy games I actually want to own. Of course, there are plenty of games I don’t want to own but wouldn’t mind playing, so it’s always good when those pop up on Plus.

+ Jak23ft on November 12th, 2012 at 9:33 am said:

Is PSPlus coming to Vita tomorrow or soon afterwards? It’s important, because if it’s coming tomorrow I’ll hold off on using my free $20 on Portal 2.

+ blu_unclegh on November 12th, 2012 at 9:33 am said:

I really gotta thank you guys for Quantum Cunundrum being free. I loved the demo so much i still have it on my system, just haven’t had the cash to pick it up. Now this is awesome, thank you really.

+ islankleinknecht on November 12th, 2012 at 9:33 am said:

#35 and #39:

What’s wrong with playing PSP games on the Vita? o_O

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on November 12th, 2012 at 9:34 am said:

Damn, I just bought Machinarium for $10. Oh well, I really enjoyed it so I guess it was worth it. It would be even better as a Vita game, since it’s a point-and-click adventure. Hopefully it comes out on Vita later and early adopters get it for free.

Thanks for mentioning the Vita PS+ updates Morgan. But a specific date with specific content would be even better!

+ pke33online on November 12th, 2012 at 9:34 am said:

@ Any one saying that this is another crappy game on plus:

Why did you subscribe to PLUS anyway? if no new game seems to like you. Just wait more games will be coming every week. You will find one that you will like.

@ Morgan Haro:

I´d like to give you a suggestion. Please reply the posts on the LATAM Playstation Blog. I know there are not many comments, but if you answer i thik more people would comment. By the way, Do you write those posts in spanish?

+ Nergil on November 12th, 2012 at 9:35 am said:

2 great weeks in a row…credit where credit is due…i actually don’t own this one.

Good job, guys…but I feel compelled to keep asking for a sortable download list since I never get an answer.

+ Superstone on November 12th, 2012 at 9:36 am said:

Reduce prices on psp games!!

+ CIoud_Strife_F_7 on November 12th, 2012 at 9:37 am said:

im definitely not happy this month 2 free games that i already buy before, RE5 and now Quantum WTF SONY!!!! i want my money back

+ Betorro on November 12th, 2012 at 9:37 am said:

#43 I BUY A PS VITA FOR PS VITA GAMES! 300$ CONSOLE FOR PS1 GAMES? HAHAHHAHAHAHAH

ONLY PS VITA GAMES ON IGC FOR VITA.

PAGE 1 2 3 7