No Man's Sky

PlayStation Plus for PS Vita Available Next Week – Take the Tour

Don Mesa's Avatar + Posted by Don Mesa on Nov 13, 2012 // Director, Product Planning & Platform Software Innovation, SCEA

During Tokyo Game Show we announced that PlayStation Plus would be coming to PlayStation Vita in November. We are excited to reveal that PS Plus will be available on November 19th as part of the next PS Vita System Software Update (v2.00).

I teamed up with Ray Bautista, Product Manager of Digital Platforms Strategic Planning to give you a sneak peek at the Instant Game Collection for PS Vita and all of the benefits and features that PS Plus has to offer. Today I’ll walk you through some of the other new features you can look forward to with the system software update, including an email app, the ability to transfer content wirelessly between your PS Vita and PC, and enhancements to the web browser.

With the addition of PS Plus, and such a great lineup of exclusive games launching by this holiday, now is the perfect time to purchase a PS Vita.

As Ray mentioned, PS Plus will offer exclusive discounts and bonus features for both PS Vita and PlayStation 3 members. In addition to online storage for game saves, automatic updates and Trophy synching, PS Plus members will get access to the Instant Game Collection, a constantly updated library selection of games, starting when the PlayStation Store updates on Tuesday, November 20th.

Once you update your PS Vita to v2.00 and PS Store publishes next Tuesday, PS Plus members will be able to download the Instant Game Collection, which includes PS Vita games Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Jet Set Radio HD, WipEout 2048, Gravity Rush and Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack!, as well as (PSP) PlayStation Portable hit Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions.

Don’t forget that PS3 users with an existing PS Plus membership will be able to enjoy PS Plus features and services on both PS3 and PS Vita systems at no additional cost. You will be able to choose between the two subscription options — a three month plan for $17.99 and a one year plan for $49.99.

For more information on System Software Updates, please visit this page, which will provide additional details on v2.00 when the update goes live.

PlayStation Plus on PS Vita

PAGE 1 8 9 10 11

+ NicoleJeanette on November 14th, 2012 at 5:38 am said:

Amazing deal! I’ve been subscribed to PS Plus since May. When I read this I immediately purchased a Vita (ACIII: Liberation bundle). I was planning to buy Gravity Rush to play on my boyfriend’s Vita but I was actually thinking about getting one so I would be able to use my account instead of his. Reading about this update gave me the push I needed.

I will also renew my PS Plus subscription next month, I’ve been pretty happy with all the updates so far.

One thing I’ll have to invest on later is a 500GB+ hard drive for my PS3 and memory cards for the Vita. My PS3 hard disk space is almost full with all the digital games I’ve downloaded!

+ Superstone on November 14th, 2012 at 5:55 am said:

Looking forward to it. Please fix the no more than 100 icons on the Vita and bring PS2 classics to the Vita!

+ hatenchaos on November 14th, 2012 at 5:58 am said:

Great job with this Sony! I refused to buy a Vita until PS+ was available, and I am really glad that you have rewarded my patience with a great program of top-tier games. Thanks, and I look forward to ditching my launch day PSP for a brand new Vita!

+ Gwizzy on November 14th, 2012 at 6:00 am said:

I’m gonna need a bigger memory card!

Plus just keeps getting better with age!

+ Aqualuck on November 14th, 2012 at 6:25 am said:

cant wait until the next update, thanks sony :)

+ remanutd5 on November 14th, 2012 at 7:05 am said:

can we get Starhawk, Dead Nation and Fat Princess on the psvita? thank you.

+ Michzadood on November 14th, 2012 at 8:47 am said:

this is great news for me, i just buy a PS Vita last friday and i have no Vita games yet, i just have a bunch of demos hehe but this is great, iwas going to buy Uncharted and Gavity Rush when this news come to me, lucky me i dint buy those games couse i now will have it for free!!!!!

+ MazdaJDB on November 14th, 2012 at 8:55 am said:

Just wanted to say thanks for delivering on the Playstation Plus promise. I purchased my Vita when this was announced and was starting to doubt what kind of content we would receive. Great games, great system. Thanks again.

I’ll try not to ever doubt you guys again. ;-)

+ Goldentoe on November 14th, 2012 at 9:12 am said:

OMFG Uncharted and Gravity Rush, my top two wanted games for the vita, and for free! Updated on my birthday to boot! Happy birthday to me. Looks like I’ll need to clear some space on my memory card.

+ dangel3k on November 14th, 2012 at 9:33 am said:

I wonder will we b able to play borderlands then it woud be super sweet to play that on the go

+ regentpark on November 14th, 2012 at 9:38 am said:

Hey Playstation,

I was wondering if you can add a feature for PLUS members for friend list capacity. Lately I have been deleting friends to add more which I really can’t cope with. So, PLEASE expand the cap for friend list on PSN =)

+ juarias70 on November 14th, 2012 at 9:42 am said:

Finally, i will buy the Vita on December, ohhhhh yeah!!!!!!!!!!
But i want psone classics too for Plus users like before, maybe one on a month
and the DLC for Street Fighter X Tekken too, if i have this on Plus, i will be happy forever XD!!!!

+ EliteKilla29 on November 14th, 2012 at 10:08 am said:

Yes! Can’t wait for this update. Glad that they decided to add an email app and also making the web better.

+ God-Of-Lyf on November 14th, 2012 at 10:48 am said:

I so hope this shuts all the complainers up.

+ BxStaysOnTop on November 14th, 2012 at 12:21 pm said:

Im thrilled to hear about the goodies we will be recieving on the Vita. My concern is however; will we ever get a bigger memory card. 32 gb really isnt much if the plus service is going to start dishing out games every month. And as it stands now, the 32 gb is much to expensive aswell.

+ shady965X on November 14th, 2012 at 1:57 pm said:

Sony , would u marry me ? ♥

+ DeeBG on November 14th, 2012 at 2:41 pm said:

This is great news for someone who just recently bought a Vita (AC3 bundle). When I go to pick up my copy of Persona 4 Golden on Tuesday, it looks like I should invest in another memory card too =).

+ SeekAndDestroy80 on November 14th, 2012 at 2:42 pm said:

a Email app? Nice.. i will find that useful.. a drop box app would be nice also.. and how about ps home on the vita?

+ etrox123 on November 14th, 2012 at 6:09 pm said:

Will the PLaystation PLus service be available in Canada?

+ hongthay on November 14th, 2012 at 6:12 pm said:

Glad to see everyone get a chance to try Uncharted and Gravity Rush. Those are a couple of the best games for PSVita at the moment, and even though I purchased them Day 1, I am glad to see them on here.

I am looking forward to playing Jet Set Radio HD, and FF Tactics, as I don’t have those yet.

+ Kilo927 on November 14th, 2012 at 7:07 pm said:

I’m so excited, I can’t wait!

+ sprice25 on November 14th, 2012 at 10:04 pm said:

I am truly impressed with the PS+ launch lineup and new firmware update for the Vita. Keep up the great offerings!

+ ioshi_US on November 14th, 2012 at 10:23 pm said:

if I only had ps vita, ps+ worth it or not?
and how often change lineup game for vita ?
thx

+ juanjocrema on November 14th, 2012 at 10:44 pm said:

i already have mutant blobs & wipe out i almost bought uncharted lucky me i never did but the vita keeps getting better

+ jds07 on November 14th, 2012 at 11:09 pm said:

And people doubted the Vita. I try to tell it was going to better. Now, I bet they regret selling their Vita now. LOL! I’m loving this new update! The 19th can’t get here fast enough. Now I can only wish and hope that a Google+ app is coming soon. I know it not a system update type feature, but just really hope we can get a Google+ and/or even Instagram app listed with the rest of social apps that the Vita has to offer. I know I can’t speak for everyone when I say this, but I hate fakebook (sorry, facebook), rarely active on twitter, and I rather use Google+’s Local than Foursquares. I would like to a little social fun with Google+ and Instagram on the Vita when I don’t have my phone around. Plus it would a lot easier to upload snapshots on those networks.

+ Squeaky-Hadez on November 14th, 2012 at 11:28 pm said:

thank you very much SONY !!!!!!!!! as a proud owner of the white assassins creed vita i do have to say , i am really stoked for this . will be buying a years worth of plus this friday just for these 6 games . THANK yu again SONY . this is why i am proud to be part of the SONY family

+ salvogdaze on November 15th, 2012 at 12:42 am said:

So getting a PS Plus membership day one! That is, of course, if I can get it from the Vita since Sony Turkey’s link for PS Plus subscription leads to a 404 error page…
So psyched with the lineup though, please keep up the quality Sony!

+ Monkey_KING678 on November 15th, 2012 at 1:11 am said:

Already own Gravity Rush and Uncharted, but the other four games are AWESOME, and one of them is a debut. Nice. I’ll be flooded with games to play since this is the same week as P4 Golden and All Stars.
Also glad that people will be able to enjoy Gravity Rush, a totally underrated game IMO.

+ EZaxess on November 15th, 2012 at 4:28 am said:

#478: Gravity Rush is not underrated, it got pretty good critics and ratings all over the place.

Also… Woohoo! After just buying the vita and a 32GB card, letting a few tears go for my impulsion on paying 400$ on a portable console. I get my money worth back not owning any of these games (which I planned to buy eventually) and wanting to play all of them for the exception of Jet Set Radio HD. I most certainly hope Sony will keep up with such quality games throughout the years to come.

Cheers.

+ InphiniteWun on November 15th, 2012 at 5:40 am said:

Playstation. Life.

+ Brynngar on November 15th, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

And everyone should remember this is a sneak peak. There might be more they have yet to show up that will be out Tuesday.

+ shadwayne on November 15th, 2012 at 10:25 am said:

hear my out…this is the best update ever…made me forget about my xbox and a full ps fan boy..for ULTIMATE MARVEL VS CAPCOM the price is 2 high……take down the price please……but it would be awesome if it wwas an instant collection or at least under 30 dollars wth a plus discount

+ bldagl on November 15th, 2012 at 12:26 pm said:

now i have a reason to get my vita back out and start playing it been wanting to try gravity forever since i heard of it.

+ RayvenRayne on November 15th, 2012 at 2:20 pm said:

Ok, WAYYYYYYYYY to much to read through so I don’t know if this has been asked or not already or if it’s just common knowledge and I haven’t been a plus member long enough to figure it out or what. I had plus for a while, canceled and came back recently, yes I know I can get my old plus games back, saw that part somewhere. The questions I have are this, if I move something off my vita to my pc or ps3 and then want to move it back later while I still have my account, does that count as a second vita install? Also, not plus related but, if I get a second memory card do I have to deactivate the original card first before I put anything I already downloaded from psn onto the new card or can I have the content on both cards?

+ XxChrazziexX on November 15th, 2012 at 4:45 pm said:

Just want to ask. I can’t redeem my playstation plus in my vita. It says i can’t connect to the server. Can someone help me with this.

+ EZaxess on November 15th, 2012 at 4:56 pm said:

FAQ (’cause I have nothing else to do on my Thursday night and I read all of the comments ’cause obviously, I’m that awesome);

Can I download the free Vita games on my PS3 if I don’t own a Vita yet and transfer the games later once I buy it?
YES, you can. Taking into account you’re subscribed to Playstation Plus.

Does Playstation Plus require 2 different subscriptions for both PS3 and Vita?
No, once you’re a member of PLUS, you have access to both libraries.

Will Sony change 1 game or more per cycle and what will be the time frame, every week or every month?
This wasn’t announced yet. We’ll know eventually… I would assume.

Why did Sony put the games I already have, that’s so unfair?!
Don’t be like that, Sony doesn’t know you nor is psychic, they just carefully selected popular quality titles for most people to enjoy… and perhaps attract new customers as well.

Why are you making a FAQ that will go unnoticed and quickly be buried under another hundred comments?
Spontaneity. I chose to do so because my other option was ”stare at the wall whilst I figure out what to do with myself tonight”.

Good evening, happy gaming!

+ rattthedog on November 15th, 2012 at 5:42 pm said:

so. will imfamous 2 be on the psvita? if so… ill pay for this the day it is released! and then you guys can take my money! and will all the other suft be on there to? please answer!

+ EFUS09 on November 15th, 2012 at 8:12 pm said:

ok i have a question, if i renovate any year the ps plus membership, can i play uncharted or gravity rush when i want?

+ Nekozenji on November 15th, 2012 at 8:23 pm said:

There is no mention anymore of the customizable screen size adjustment for the PSone classics in this update. Was that feature removed for this coming update?

+ Death-Denial on November 15th, 2012 at 9:28 pm said:

Idk if I am plus or not, applied a card on 11/13 >.<

+ UNHOLYxNbK on November 15th, 2012 at 9:59 pm said:

I just got the assassins creed vita this week and this news is great but I was wondering do I have to activate a ps plus membership before the 20th to get all the benefits or can I download the games aslong as I activate it still within the week the game is added to the list? Plz respond

+ TripG on November 15th, 2012 at 11:36 pm said:

Regarding the WIFI ability to transfer content between the Vita and a PC that is coming up in the new OS upgrade, I presume that this is only available if both devices are on the same network? Or would this be available if the devices are on two separate networks? I imagine a scenario, for example, if I am at a friends house and using my Vita there and I want to transfer a video, music, or photo from my PC to my Vita, could I do so using the Vita’s content manager by calling into my computer at home so to speak and getting it to send the file to my Vita even though I’m on my friends wifi network and not my home network?

+ kr2silva on November 16th, 2012 at 7:21 am said:

Holly Schnicoflakes, this is awesome, i was expecting crappy games like ice hockey or the diving game (which is already free) but this is just perfect…however this is too good to be true… there has to be a catch

+ rugald009 on November 16th, 2012 at 9:59 am said:

i was planning on getting UGA next week good thing i waited, great job can’t wait

+ Darktoad666 on November 16th, 2012 at 10:30 am said:

let me get this right, if I subscribe to the ps vita plus, going 5 games download for free, without paying anything???

+ Keriyon on November 16th, 2012 at 11:26 am said:

WOW just can’t wait, just got a Vita 2 weeks ago and just started Plus because of this. I have 1 question though. If you play a PSone classic on Vita, will you be able to transfer your saved file to the cloud and then continue your game on your PS3?

+ RayvenRayne on November 16th, 2012 at 12:07 pm said:

@496,

I haven’t tried this yet but I know you can always connect the vita to your ps3 and copy the save over manually and do just that.

+ zultan8212 on November 16th, 2012 at 2:22 pm said:

I’ve been holding off on getting a vita. This just sold it for me. Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Wipeout… Here I come!

+ marciomatielo on November 16th, 2012 at 3:48 pm said:

This is amazing in so many levels! Just subscribed today! Used a one month redeem code that came with God Of War Saga and added another year (regular $49.99 1 year subscription). So I’m Plus til December 2013!

+ dustbustautd on November 17th, 2012 at 4:40 am said:

So yeah I’m getting a Vita next week for sure.

PAGE 1 8 9 10 11