No Man's Sky

PlayStation Plus for PS Vita Available Next Week – Take the Tour

Don Mesa's Avatar + Posted by Don Mesa on Nov 13, 2012 // Director, Product Planning & Platform Software Innovation, SCEA

During Tokyo Game Show we announced that PlayStation Plus would be coming to PlayStation Vita in November. We are excited to reveal that PS Plus will be available on November 19th as part of the next PS Vita System Software Update (v2.00).

I teamed up with Ray Bautista, Product Manager of Digital Platforms Strategic Planning to give you a sneak peek at the Instant Game Collection for PS Vita and all of the benefits and features that PS Plus has to offer. Today I’ll walk you through some of the other new features you can look forward to with the system software update, including an email app, the ability to transfer content wirelessly between your PS Vita and PC, and enhancements to the web browser.

With the addition of PS Plus, and such a great lineup of exclusive games launching by this holiday, now is the perfect time to purchase a PS Vita.

As Ray mentioned, PS Plus will offer exclusive discounts and bonus features for both PS Vita and PlayStation 3 members. In addition to online storage for game saves, automatic updates and Trophy synching, PS Plus members will get access to the Instant Game Collection, a constantly updated library selection of games, starting when the PlayStation Store updates on Tuesday, November 20th.

Once you update your PS Vita to v2.00 and PS Store publishes next Tuesday, PS Plus members will be able to download the Instant Game Collection, which includes PS Vita games Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Jet Set Radio HD, WipEout 2048, Gravity Rush and Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack!, as well as (PSP) PlayStation Portable hit Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions.

Don’t forget that PS3 users with an existing PS Plus membership will be able to enjoy PS Plus features and services on both PS3 and PS Vita systems at no additional cost. You will be able to choose between the two subscription options — a three month plan for $17.99 and a one year plan for $49.99.

For more information on System Software Updates, please visit this page, which will provide additional details on v2.00 when the update goes live.

PlayStation Plus on PS Vita

PAGE 1 2 3 4 11

+ antoniocbm on November 13th, 2012 at 8:21 am said:

Very Thanks !!!

+ remanutd5 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:21 am said:

oh and really glad to see an email app and browser improvements, very cool stuff!!!! hopefully we get a lot more.

+ DeviantBoi on November 13th, 2012 at 8:21 am said:

Dungeon Defenders next week for PS3.

Yet another PSN game that didn’t sell well and are now giving away for free.

+ shrimpdude on November 13th, 2012 at 8:22 am said:

I currently have a save bubble of Uncharted on my Vita that was created from playing through the game off a borrowed cart. If I download Uncharted with PS+, what will happen to that bubble? Will it be merged into the 3.5GB of game data?

What if my PS+ subscription then runs out? Will the bubble become inaccessible? What if I decide to buy the game cart afterwards, will I be required to have the full 3.5GB bubble on my Vita, or is there a way to separate my save back from the game data?

+ PiotrRasputinBR on November 13th, 2012 at 8:22 am said:

Wooooooooooow. Ok, I’m impressed. In fact, even McKayla Maroney is, she just told me. Already own Mutant Blob and Gravity Rush, but the lineup is absolutely fantastic. Can’t wait…

+ SLEEPLESS_KNIGHT on November 13th, 2012 at 8:22 am said:

Time to invest in the 64GB memory stick for my Vita I think! Already have Uncharted and Gravity Rush, but now that I can own them digitally for free, I’m going to trade them in at EB or GameStop towards a new physical Vita game :)

Great starting lineup! And for those of us who own both the PS3 and Vita, PS+ just became an even more incredible value than it already was!

Great Job Sony and the PlayStation team!

+ Vinland_Krauser on November 13th, 2012 at 8:22 am said:

Makes me feel like I’m wasting half of my Plus by having just the PS3 part of this deal.
I really want to get a Vita, but the inevitable hardware revisions prevent me from doing so.

+ CrusaderForever on November 13th, 2012 at 8:22 am said:

@11

1. Once PS+ is available for the Vita you will be able to transfer your saved games to the 1GB cloud. If you don’t delete anything of your Vita and sell your Vita hard copies you will be fine. I bought UGA hard copy and then decided I wanted it digital so I deleted everything UGA on my Vita and lost my saved games and progress. I had to finish UGA 2 more times to get the Platinum. The game is so fantastic that I was even mad because I love playing it.

2. Yes, just don’t delete anything off your Vita.

3. No, if your PS+ subscription runs out you will lose the PS+ free games you downloaded to your Vita. They are just saying if you take the PS+ yearly subscription price of $49.99 it comes out close to $5 a month to own all these games.

I am 100% digital and so glad to hear PS+ is coming. Right now my 32GB card is 100% full. When PS+ comes I will be able to transfer my saved games to the cloud and delete any games I am not playing at the moment. That way I can download more! :)

+ RBRTZZX on November 13th, 2012 at 8:22 am said:

Time to buy a bigger Memory Card.

+ StargamerX on November 13th, 2012 at 8:23 am said:

Wow! I’m going to have to guy buy a 32GB memory card.

Also, did you guys just reveal Dungeon Defenders for PS3?

Don Mesa's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 13th, 2012 at 11:22 am said:

Yep, this game will be coming next week for Plus users on PS3. We’ll have a post on it next week, but there you have it! =)

+ ItaChu on November 13th, 2012 at 8:23 am said:

You should add discounts to psp and psone games for ps plus

+ helbertpina on November 13th, 2012 at 8:23 am said:

This is really great! But can you tell me if Sony will stick with a single subscription for both PS3 and Vita indefinitely, or if sometime next year we will see separate subscriptions?

By the way, feels great to be a member, keep improving it and we’ll keep spending! ;)

+ Godchild1020 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:23 am said:

I own Uncharted and Gravity Rush from when they released including DLC. I bought Tales of a Mutant Blob during the Halloween sale and not mad at all that it’s free. I got my monies worth, plus more. I’m happy to know Jet Set Radio was delayed in good favor of the Playstation Plus Vita community, that was a day one even if I had to pay for it, due to the fond memories.

Nice to see a final fantasy game up there. Sony, The Plus team and everyone else that was/is involved, you have done a great job with the list of games that new and current Playstation Plus Vita owners can play.

+ Crazy-Maisy on November 13th, 2012 at 8:24 am said:

This is MORE than awesome! I got rid of Wipeout2048 since I didn’t like it, but at least I can play it again if I FEEL like it now :)

Also, haven’t played Uncharted GA yet, so wow! Thanks! Heard good things about GR but haven’t looked into really getting it yet, so another THANK YOU! Also interested in Tales from space! Muchas Gracias!

+ MakoSOLIDER on November 13th, 2012 at 8:24 am said:

I already own most of these but at least its here :) Thanks a lot guys! The new system features have me very excited also

+ TheMART on November 13th, 2012 at 8:24 am said:

Curious what EU PS+ will give. I had expected Escape Plan too, but probably that one will pop up for December ;-)

+ cyrnix on November 13th, 2012 at 8:24 am said:

Bravo! Sony is handling itself quite well on the software side. It feels good to be invested in the platform.

+ ItaChu on November 13th, 2012 at 8:24 am said:

And i think its time to switch out r&c all 4 one

+ Crazy-Maisy on November 13th, 2012 at 8:25 am said:

Oops, I need a new card now.

+ Aros65 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:25 am said:

Wow this is a great selection of games and I’ve been considering getting a Vita…. maybe this will give me that final push.

Awesome, thanks a lot!

+ lyfestory on November 13th, 2012 at 8:25 am said:

it’s the best deal for those who own both Vita and PS3, as i do… and i’m glad that i decided to get both the Vita and PS+ this year.. i can’t see the other competitors having anything remotely close to this kinda benefit to their systems.. glad to be a lifelong Playstation gamer… Keep up the great work..

+ TERMINATOR543 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:26 am said:

Anyone else notice Dungeon Defenders under the PS3 IGC? XD

+ shinjix2 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:26 am said:

That is AWESOME!! I have a few of these games but wouldn’t mind a digital copy! I hope you guys will be announcing a larger memory card soon because my 32gb will be bursting at the seams!!

+ Hayabusa85 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:26 am said:

Still no folders or the page limit removed? Please tell me you guys are working on this and it will be done soon because for those of us that own all or most Vita games it is at the point where constant transferring or deleting and installing games is required. And that is without PSP, PS1 classics or minis even installed. The auto-dimmer that was added in one of the early firmware updates also needs to be made optional already. Very annoying having it dim during a longer cutscene or worse some like the gyro levels in Tales From Space where no button controls are used so it dims the game while you are playing it.

Don Mesa's Avatar

+ Don Mesa on November 13th, 2012 at 11:41 am said:

Thanks for the feedback. We’re looking into the points you’ve brought up in your post.

+ Ageguyera21 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:27 am said:

Will all of the PS+ games coming on 11/20 last through Christmas?

+ gamer_316 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:27 am said:

imma need a bigger memory card, 8 gigs ain’t gonna cut it T_T i’m so excited PS+ will finally be on the Vita tho =D

+ aro52 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:29 am said:

That’s a fantastic game lineup! But since I own them all, I’m most excited about the cloud storage. ;)

+ tulaib_100 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:30 am said:

i dun have a vita yet but em going to buy it this december … so can i download these free games in my ps3 for the time being and transfer them later on my ps3 ??

Don Mesa's Avatar

+ Don Mesa on November 13th, 2012 at 11:42 am said:

You sure can.

+ aro52 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:31 am said:

Oh, and since everyone else is, I would like to see the following:

- Folders (too many pages; too much scrolling)
- a 64GB, or even 128GB, memory card (my 32 is stuffed, and cries every Tuesday!)

+ blackiemist88 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:32 am said:

this is awesome!!! trust in Sony and trust in Morgan!!! im sure it was hard for him to hold this date in lol

+ RidleysBox on November 13th, 2012 at 8:32 am said:

Nice 2.00 version update, but without multiple profile support, it does nothing for me.

+ perrox5000 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:32 am said:

Wow! This is great! Need a bigger memory card! Sony should make 120 gb vita memory card.

+ PRIMUS_420 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:32 am said:

Glad to finally see some details on plus for vita and im glad you are actually offering good games.. although i already own most of them -__- its good news for some people.. I guess i will have to just take jet set radio : ( I am also curious as to what made you choose final fantasy tactics.. Its a great game(That i already own) but it just kinda seems thrown in there..

+ LumarQQ on November 13th, 2012 at 8:33 am said:

Oh snap. Time to sell my uncharted trade in my uncharted xD

+ PlatinumGuns on November 13th, 2012 at 8:33 am said:

Damn, you guys are knocking it out of the park with Plus. I only own Gravity Rush and Mutant Blobs on that list so just getting Uncharted, JSR, and Wipeout cover my year long plus subscription. Final Fantasy Tactics (Which I’ve never finished) is a pretty nice bonus.

Keep up the good work PS!

+ Rennatus on November 13th, 2012 at 8:34 am said:

fantastic…..very, very good……Thank You Sony

+ SLEEPLESS_KNIGHT on November 13th, 2012 at 8:34 am said:

Dang, I guess the biggest card Sony makes is 32GB. Oops, just ignore that part on post #56. Well I need to invest in that card then! ;)

+ raifpasa on November 13th, 2012 at 8:35 am said:

This is awesome! I was actually planning on purchasing Wipeout, Gravity Rush and FF Tactics. But now, since I’m getting them for free, I WILL buy two other games. Well done Sony, THIS is how you keep your old customers and get new ones, WELL DONE.

+ Matuda84 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:35 am said:

Gravity Rush was my first on Vita, and it’s more than worth. Simply loved the selection of freebies.
I’ve been waiting for this a long time now, heh.
Quoting @perrox5000 “need a bigger memory card!”.

+ sonicwc on November 13th, 2012 at 8:37 am said:

sony真是好,在我生日送份大礼给我~~~!!!

个人建议sony在PS+会员的生日送个礼物(包括动态主题和头像等等)(这个要学习是live)

+ Squiggle55 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:38 am said:

This completely blew away my expectations. Absolutely fantastic choices. I already had FF tactics and Mutant Blobs, but I’m glad other people will be playing them now. And the 3 retail games are right on the money for me. Insane deal. Insane. Thank you!
This will keep me busy for a long time.

+ ultimatepunchrod on November 13th, 2012 at 8:38 am said:

This is awesome! You guys are doing a great job of keeping the Vita updated with new features. I’m really excited about Plus, but some of the smaller features also sounded exciting like the wireless content transfer from PC. Keep it up!

+ m_ruiz on November 13th, 2012 at 8:39 am said:

NICE! This is what the Vita needed. Smart move Sony…you’ve just convinced about 10 people I know to buy a Vita.

+ wolverine81 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:39 am said:

How will the cloud storage work for PSVIta? Currently game saves are attached to the entire game install. Will this remain the case and will we have to back up the entire game as it currently is? Or will the game saves be separated so we can upload them to the cloud?

Don Mesa's Avatar

+ Don Mesa on November 13th, 2012 at 11:56 am said:

You can upload just the game saves to the cloud.

+ Squiggle55 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:41 am said:

Also, I’m hoping they changed the limit for number of pages on the Vita’s homescreen because that baby is full, and only getting fuller now.

+ noodlesmcfatty on November 13th, 2012 at 8:42 am said:

I was ready to bounce off the walls reading this! PS Plus is hitting the Vita hard! Upgrading to a larger memory card may be necessary in the near future…

Also, I think I’m one of the few who’s looking forward to seeing more PSP classics in the months to come.

+ angibri2000 on November 13th, 2012 at 8:42 am said:

Awesome! Now I do have 1 question, how do you guys plan to reward your most faithful customers. I already own 4 of these titles and as much I love to download JSR and FFT I feel ike most of us faithful customers are getting the shorter end of the stick here. Not complaining just putting it out there.

+ krae_man on November 13th, 2012 at 8:43 am said:

Can we get Jeanne D’arc at some point? I would love to replay that again on my Vita. It’s just sitting in the corner of the store at the overpriced $23.99 you put it on the store at like 4 years ago and you’ve done nothing with it.

For Crying out loud Sony, Call Level 5 up and work something out. You’re the publisher.

+ ro-kurorai on November 13th, 2012 at 8:43 am said:

Now that’s an excellent incentive for PS+ owners to get a Vita, excellent choice of games. Thanks Sony, that’s why I will always remain a loyal and content PlayStation gamer.

+ moidsch on November 13th, 2012 at 8:43 am said:

My first purchase for the PS Vita was When Vikings Attack yesterday. It’s great to have such a great line-up for the PS +. Definitely a great service. I played Gravity Rush borrowed from a friend, and would love playing it in a slow pace. I keep repeating myself, but it’s great to be a PS + subscriber.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 11