Horizon Zero Dawn

Nov 16

Nov 16

PlayStation Blogcast 051: One Year Older, 70 Million PS3s Wiser

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

Subscription Links:

• Download the MP3 here on PS3, PS Vita or PC (Right-Click->Save As)

Firstly, I want to apologize for the lateness of this week’s Blogcast – we’ll be back to our regularly scheduled Thursday afternoon publish starting next week. But I’m hoping that today’s show will be worth the wait. Not only does today’s show mark the official one-year anniversary of PlayStation Blogcast (!), it also marks two major milestones for PlayStation 3! This Saturday marks the console’s six-year birthday in the United States. And as you may have heard early this morning, PS3 has officially passed the 70 million milestone.

On today’s double-stuffed show, we celebrate those milestones in style. The always insightful Shuhei Yoshida, Sony Computer Entertainment’s celebrated president of Worldwide Studios, reminisces on the challenges of launching PS3 in 2006 and how innovative game development drove the PS3 to global must-have status. Later, SCEA President and CEO Jack Tretton stops by to provide a bird’s-eye view on PS3 and PS Vita – and even the launch of WiiU. Then PlayStation Store Director Grace Chen makes her debut appearance to discuss the evolution of PlayStation Store and PSN, even answering some long-requested questions for good measure. All are must-listens!

But we don’t stop there. Tore Blystad, game director on Hitman: Absolution and confessed PlayStation fan, stops by to answer your questions on one of this fall’s hottest PS3 releases.

Stuff We Talked About

• Hitman: Absolution
  • PlayStation Store
  • PlayStation 3
  • SCE Worldwide Studios
  • God of War: Ascension
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified
  • Puppeteer
  • Until Dawn
  • Send us questions and tips:
    blogcast@playstation.sony.com

Official PlayStation.Blogcast - Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerTore Blystad

Shuhei YoshidaJack TrettonGrace Chen

The Cast

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

ProfessorAnatil said:

November 17th, 6:43 am

And one thing I forgot to mention, thanks Sid for the info in your reply to #8 (Asphaltum). That’s good to know and now we know how to pester to get the PS1/PS2 games we want on the store lol.

dragonmagician said:

November 17th, 7:58 am

Love the blogcast!! Shuhei was great as always in podcasts. Nice to hear from Jack, it’s funny that you asked him about the Wii U. And great insight from Grace on the workings of the store; I think you need more female blogcasters in the future!

quasar338 said:

November 17th, 9:16 am

Ok, why is it whenI’m on my ps3. I can’t watch or listen to the podcast. I find this most annoying, and stupi. Ps3? podcast? really you can’t watch it from your ps3? This probabley one of the biggest fails so far and this hasnt been addressed for years. I think it’s time to fix this messup folks really years not able to?
    Oh it says trouble playing media. Need to update flash player. ok? ahhh we arent allowed todo this so why isnt it fixed?

DarkOne_PR said:

November 17th, 12:00 pm

@#3

Dude….. U r a major B-Bag…

DarkOne_PR said:

November 17th, 12:00 pm

And D-bag

DarkOne_PR said:

November 17th, 12:02 pm

Guys I congratulate Sony! Ive been there with u guys since the motorstorm bundle XD Happy to see this gen for u wasnt only bad news in ur pockets :)

hope the vita get this milestone too! it just needs the mainstream games u havent announce yet…. which i hope it will be soon….

Istyle318 said:

November 17th, 1:00 pm

I’m ready for the CYBER TUESDAY SALES. Great smart decision on doing this. Glad to see you guys beating the black friday traffic very smart

OPS_GEAR107 said:

November 17th, 1:05 pm

Congrats Sony!

TheShaguiMan said:

November 17th, 1:30 pm

Hello this is for the cast i hope answer, I want to know about the power of the PS3 games like The Last of Us, Beyond Two Souls and God of War Ascension I’m always on the PlayStation but those games and I really saw impressed by their graphics but I think for Uncharted 3 graphics were fully or not the games that come out are much better and I’m proud of that but the PS3 has hidden the true power or not, and I apologize for the question I await your response … PS3 # 1

Doc_Of_D said:

November 17th, 2:03 pm

Anyway we can get the interview in text format?

CZ4200 said:

November 17th, 4:32 pm

@49 (ProfessorAnatil) thank you, and this is where i say how did i miss that. also the first blogcast was on Nov 23 2011 so one year will be on black friday the day after the next blogcast

Boxster17 said:

November 17th, 9:05 pm

If anyone could answer this it would be greatly appreciated…how do you copy iTunes playlists to the Vita?

I’ve made sure I have the most up to date copy of CMA, iTunes (maybe I need to find an older version?) and I have the latest firmware as well. I’ve exported both a M3U and M3U8 playlist to the Music folder for the CMA yet every single time I go to Playlists it just says “There are no playlists”.

Has anyone been able to get this to work at all?

illdumpit said:

November 18th, 7:37 am

WILL BLK OPS 2 BE DOWNLOADABLE FROM PSN?????????

usaofamerica said:

November 18th, 5:42 pm

Cool.

Inuboykendo1000 said:

November 18th, 9:34 pm

Congrats Sony. This is a momentous occasion not only for you, but for us fans of the Playstation as a product we love is successful and that feels good to me haha. Best system on the market right now. Congratulations on the 70 million mark.

MaxPayneV3 said:

November 19th, 5:07 am

Been a while since I listened to the Blogcast, I should start back with this “very special” episode.

zGrandpaGamer said:

November 19th, 5:48 am

Hey guy’s great show, i just wanted to know when the psn store will start pricing games closer or equal to retailers. On average games are 20 dollars or more on the psn store i would like to buy the games i like and have them on my hard drive but in the store it’s just to expensive.

PAGE 1 2