LittleBigPlanet 3

PlayStation Plus Update: Instant Game Collection Comes to PS Vita

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Nov 19, 2012 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

This is the week we’ve been waiting for as PS Vita officially joins the PlayStation Plus membership with the Instant Game Collection, which now delivers six PS Vita titles in addition to the lineup of 12 PS3 Games. Don’t forget that in addition to the free games that come with your membership, PS Plus also delivers PS Vita benefits such as discounts, online storage for game saves, Automatic Updates, and auto Trophy sync!

We’ve also got new PS3 free games for members, like the acclaimed Dungeon Defenders, great discounts on amazing games and a bonus PS Plus freebie! Read on to check out all the Plus content hitting this week when the PlayStation Store updates on November 20th.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or click here to get access.

November 20th PlayStation Plus Update

Uncharted: Golden Abyss (PS Vita)

Free for Plus Members

Uncover the dark secret behind the 400-year-old massacre of a Spanish expedition and follow the murderous trail of an ancient and secret Spanish sect. Undiscovered temple ruins, vast karst caverns of Central America, legendary lost cities, fantastic action sequences, and of course, Mr. Nathan Drake himself bring this complete Uncharted experience to PS Vita.
Gravity Rush (PS Vita)

Free for Plus Members

Gain a new perspective as you take on the role of Kat, a strong-willed girl seeking the means to protect her future in a world that’s crumbling to pieces. Taking gravity into your own hands to deliver devastating attacks, uncover the secrets to your past and explore a mysterious world. One of my personal favorite PS Vita games is yours to play free with PS Plus.
WipEout 2048 (PS Vita)

Free for Plus Members

With PS Vita’s enhanced controls – including front touch, rear touch, and six-axis motion sensors, this entry into the venerable WipEout series is one of the best. Optimized for 23rd century racing, you can compete with up to 8 other players on 10 new tracks. Don’t forget to stay on top of those online leaderboards too!
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (PS Vita)

Free for Plus Members

One of the most unique and hilarious PS Vita titles also happens to be one of the best. A side-scrolling puzzle-platformer about an ornery mutant blob that, after being held captive in a lab that can only be described as something out of a retro sci-fi movie from the early ’50’s, escapes into the world and sets out on a path to consume everything. Use touch and the motion sensor functions combined with traditional analog stick controls to defeat the pathetic humans. Eat your way to freedom. It’s that fun.
Jet Set Radio (PS Vita)

Free for Plus Members

Tag, grind, and trick to the beat in SEGA’s hit game Jet Set Radio on PS Vita. Free for PS Plus members the same day it releases; fight for control of Tokyo-to, mark your turf with graffiti, tag walls, billboards, and even rival gang members! Perform tricks and flips on magnetically driven in-line skates, but watch out for the local police force. They’re not nice.
Final Fantasy Tactics (PS Vita, PSP)

Free for Plus Members

Originally released in 1998 on the original PlayStation, this first tactical RPG in the legendary Final Fantasy series, enthralled fans around the world with its unique artistic style and intricate storyline, and it’s certainly one of my top favorites of all time. A sublime strategy experience with an ever engrossing job system, tactical battles, tens of hours of gameplay, and remastered from the original, yours free with Plus.
Dungeon Defenders (PS3)

Free for Plus Members

An addictive blend of Tower Defense and cooperative online Action-RPG, Dungeon Defenders gives players 4 distinctive classes to lead through action-packed combat while upgrading their statistics, gathering tons of loot and inventory items, customizing & upgrading equipment, and developing unique class abilities. Play it online co-op, or splitscreen, free with PlayStation Plus.

Limited Time Sale Offer: Music Unlimited Premium One Year Subscription

Music fans with a PS Plus membership: We’ve got an amazing deal on Sony Entertainment Network’s Music Unlimited service. For those unfamiliar, you can use your Music Unlimited premium subscription on a range of compatible devices including PS3, PS Vita, Android phones and tablets, iPhone and iPod touch and any PC. Choose any album or song from a catalog of millions. Never any ads or song skip limits. An annual subscription is valued at over $119, so at practically 90% off Plus members will get an amazing deal of a 1 year subscription for $12. This is a limited time offer so get it on the PS3 or PS Vita Store while you can!
Sonic Bundle: Sonic 1 + Sonic 2

Free for Plus Members

If you haven’t revisited these two Genesis classics in some time, or perhaps even better have never experienced them, you’re in luck! Plus members will be getting this Sonic Bundle which includes Sonic 1 and 2, free. Upgraded for a great look on an HD screen and PS3 Trophies to boot; see where one of gaming’s heroes got his start with this bundle.
Select SEGA Titles (aka more SEGA goodness)

Various Discounts

In case the Sonic Bundle above wasn’t enough, SEGA’s got more great offers on some of their more recent releases including NiGHTS into Dreams and a Hell Yeah Bundle (including the 2 Add-Ons), among other games. Check out the full list below.
Game PSN Sale Price Plus Sale Price
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Complete Edition $19.99 $14.99
Hell Yeah Bundle (Full game + 2 DLCs) $14.99 $10.49
NiGHTS into Dreams $6.99 $4.89
Jet Set Radio $6.99 $4.89
Sonic Adventure 2 $6.99 $4.89
Sonic Adventure 1 & DLC Bundle $4.99 $3.99
Sega Rally Arcade $4.99 $2.99
Space Channel 5: Part 2 $3.99 $2.99
Sorcery (PS3)

20% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $19.99, PS Plus Price: $15.99)

Sorcery is a fast-paced action adventure where your PlayStation Move motion controller is transformed into a powerful magic wand, immersing players in a unique fantasy adventure like never before. As the sorcerer’s apprentice Finn, it is up to you to master the arcane arts and defeat the Nightmare Queen. PS Plus members who own Move owe it to themselves to check out this fantastic game at a great price.

That wraps it up for this week! PlayStation Plus will continue to grow and strive to be the best bet for gamers around the world, and your feedback is indispensable in that process.

In addition, with many new features hitting Plus and possible new members as well, we updated our PS Plus FAQ page as well. Visit it if you have any questions about your Plus membership.

PlayStation Plus Update 11-20-2012

Thanks for continuing to make your voice heard, and as usual, I’ll see you in the comments.

Get PlayStation Plus

PlayStation Plus Update 11-19-2012 Frequently Asked Questions

• I pay for Music Unlimited using auto-renew every month. How do I go about getting the special offers?
    With the 11/20 PlayStation Store update, there will be an option to purchase the one-year subscription, so you’ll need to select the one-year subscription package option to get the deal.
  • What time with the firmware update for PS Vita be live?
    It will be live at approximately 9:00pm PST on 11/19. The Instant Game Collection for PS Vita will be available after the PlayStation Store updates on 11/20.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 10

+ ItaChu on November 19th, 2012 at 10:23 am said:

#45 yes, its a cross buy game.

Morgan whats the hold up on Vita fw2.0

+ smushums on November 19th, 2012 at 10:24 am said:

As someone who doesn’t own a Vita and doesn’t want to , i must say yet again what a crappy update . I just wish you guys would give a game away i’d actually play to at least make having PS+ worth it . 8(

+ JeffsonP_US on November 19th, 2012 at 10:24 am said:

Hey Morgan, the PS Vita firmware update 2.0 will be released later today, or only tomorrow? Because on the last post about PS+ for PS Vita says november 19th. Thanks.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 19th, 2012 at 10:46 am said:

More than likely it will be coming in the evening today.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 19th, 2012 at 10:58 am said:

Got some additional info here, the firmware update should be coming around 9pm PST today (11/19)

+ saab01 on November 19th, 2012 at 10:26 am said:

I really hope next month Infamous 2, Little big planet 2 and Ratchet and Clank are rotated out. We have had these since June and 6 months is more than enough. For the people who wanted them it has already been downloaded.

Hopefully games like the following can make it into the collection

Twisted Metal
Need for Speed the Run
Demons Souls
I am Alive
Journey
Shatter

+ Remmulak on November 19th, 2012 at 10:26 am said:

Thanks for the post Morgan. I can’t wait til tomorrow. I just hope the store update is early in the day. Can you please beg the release team to make it early in the day. :)

+ mariovj83_usa on November 19th, 2012 at 10:27 am said:

has the possibility of a BLACK FRIDAY here on PSN with some promotion of games?

equal to Halloween had with discounts on some games

+ Gorvi on November 19th, 2012 at 10:29 am said:

With the new cloud storage on Vita, will I be able to upload the save that I have for my physical copy of Uncharted, delete that version of Uncharted from my Vita, download the free Plus version of Uncharted, pull my save back down from the cloud, and then continue my save from the physical version in the download version?

+ punkmusic2009 on November 19th, 2012 at 10:30 am said:

wow dam im glad ive been a plus ever since the first day now i have 4 thousion games add on avaters on ps3 now time to build on the vita whicth is alsome i have everything on the ps3 now it looks like ill have everything on both sytem just whatever you do dont remove the ps vita + free stuff just expaned more games add on ect plus add avaters and ps home would be nice expeclty since you guys removed qoure this would be a good way to make up becuse now ps+ is diffent it used to be free stuff every week no discount now its week 1 free stuff week 2 discount and 2 free avaters week 3 2 free theme more discount how are you going to work out the theme and avaters

+ Ryumoau on November 19th, 2012 at 10:30 am said:

@52 as much as i complain about Plus’ crappy ps3 offerings lately, i have to admit that Dungeon Defenders is a fun action dungeon crawler/tower defense game. It was worth the $15 i paid for it originally. You should try it since its free.

+ avdavidw on November 19th, 2012 at 10:30 am said:

You guys at Playstation apparently think I have all this free time to play games. I already have the largest backlog of games I’ve ever had and now this big PS+ update AND PSASBR tomorrow.

Can I hire some PlayStation employees to come over and help me get through some of these games? :)

+ ReIysis on November 19th, 2012 at 10:31 am said:

I never thought I would say this, but Music Unlimited has suddenly become attractive. Nice bonus to an already big update

+ Ryumoau on November 19th, 2012 at 10:33 am said:

@56 i was hoping they would have a huge sale/discount on tons of ps3 games on psn store but judging by the limited Sega games they listed here for discount, i guess we won’t get any acknowledgement of black friday/cyber monday week sales. :(

+ Crusader8463 on November 19th, 2012 at 10:36 am said:

When can we actually get these? I just went onto the store on my PS3 and my Vita and they all still cost money.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 19th, 2012 at 10:47 am said:

November 20th PS Store Update

+ dcrock80 on November 19th, 2012 at 10:36 am said:

What time is the 2.0 update coming. Been waiting for it all day.

+ ASC2175 on November 19th, 2012 at 10:37 am said:

Glad to see PS+ ppls getting Dungeon Defenders…Tis quite the crystal defense game.

+ Zarxce on November 19th, 2012 at 10:37 am said:

I don’t have a Vita yet but definitely plan on getting one in the future (haven’t had the spare cash). If I added the vita games to my download queue will I be able to download them to my vita later on since it’s in my downloads? (assuming of course that I will still have my PS+ then) Or is the download history from the Vita storefront different or something?

+ JPMCH on November 19th, 2012 at 10:37 am said:

It’s a shame that until now the Sonic Adventure 2 and NiGHTS Free Theme hasn’t benn fixed for those who bought the game on launch day :(

+ zappajustin on November 19th, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

I recently subscribed to the Music Unlimited 60 day premium trial. If I take advantage of discount and buy a year subscription will it add on to the end of 60 free days? Also, how long will the discount be available?
Thanks!

+ PlatinumAura on November 19th, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

Well I payed $20 for Sonic Adventure 2 Battle back int hed ay but $5 is a great asking price to get it digitally.

Morgan I’m just saying Sonic Heroes was a great title (sales and gameplay wise) maybe try to begin that over for PS2 classics?

but as usual great update! Always impressive and I expect no less!

+ jds07 on November 19th, 2012 at 10:40 am said:

Is there any chance that more Sega classics are coming to the Vita? I would love to play Sonic 2 and Streets of Rage on the go. Cross saves would be even better. I also can wait to get Jet Set Radio. FOR FREE! Thanks for adding that title to the collection.

+ GaMeR_bOi_83 on November 19th, 2012 at 10:41 am said:

Wait $12 for a year of MUL. Hell yea. Btw, it seems kinda unfair to the people that don’t have PS+. Can you someway somehow give them one of the benifte that PS+ has. I have PS+ on my other accout but alot of my friends don’t have the spare money to get PS+. But at least give all PSN user auto-update at least. Or somethig to that will remind them why they got a PS3 or Vita.

+ PlatinumAura on November 19th, 2012 at 10:41 am said:

I second @70’s comment. That would be awesome!

+ Kuroryoshi on November 19th, 2012 at 10:43 am said:

YES! this is awesome! I am so glad i got the 32 GB memory card now!! I’m getting everything

+ sagake on November 19th, 2012 at 10:43 am said:

my waking dead seasion pass dont work i dont want to re-buy the seasion pass piz can you fix it

+ dodgedoors on November 19th, 2012 at 10:45 am said:

Sorry Morgan, I meant the firmware update. The post a few days ago said firmware update and the addition of plus was the 19th

+ RafaMN on November 19th, 2012 at 10:45 am said:

Can’t wait to have a vita, sounds so awesome… Unfortunatly, here in Brazil, the official price for it is 700 dollars… :/

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on November 19th, 2012 at 10:46 am said:

Morgan Haro on November 19th, 2012 at 10:31 am said:

It’s Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 from the Genesis days, so they’re’ the same games that were free a ways back ( I think about 1.5 years ago)

Yeah I got them back then, would like SOMETHING NEW for a friggin change. jeeze Morgan, do the higher ups not give a sh*t about us? I can just whip out my old genesis and play em on that. what a rip off, vita players get GREAT GAMES and I bet it will continue like that. ps vita gets love, ps3 gets ****. Who does the determining of which games get released for free. what am I paying for, rehashed old games that were already offered. what happened to “oh we got some GREAT titles lined up for November to make up for the hlame October Plus updates. And dungeon defenders, how much is that normally? $10? thanks just thanks for the iltimate crappy games. totally let down over here man, totally let down. You guys dont care about us. we pay for the systems, the games, the dlc and that in turn pays YOUR WAGES. I AM UNSATISFIED AS A CONSUMER AND CORPORATE INVESTOR!!! I am calling Headquarters in Foster City over this one.

+ polo155 on November 19th, 2012 at 10:47 am said:

Morgan, i pay for Music Unlimited using auto renue every month so how do i go about just getting the 1y@$9.99r? Will it handle itself correctly in my best interest or buyer beware and i have to swith it myself?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 19th, 2012 at 10:49 am said:

I’ll do some digging here and post the answer on this blog post. Hope to have answer in the next 24,.

+ lllxSAVAGExlll on November 19th, 2012 at 10:47 am said:

Hey Morgan you guys should have a discount on memory cards for the vita for PLUS members!!

+ TucoMcFly on November 19th, 2012 at 10:48 am said:

I hope with vita getting plus this dosent mean that future offerings are going to strongly revolve around vita games at the expense of PS3 only games/items. Not everyone has a vita and Id hate for the quality of new ps3 offerings to go down while the vita offeringsare the main focus.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 19th, 2012 at 10:56 am said:

There is no way that the PS3 offerings will be impacted by PS Vita coming on board. You’ll still continue to see great games and discounts coming every month to the PS3 side of things, while PS Vita owners will enjoy regular updates to that content as well. win-win!

+ remanutd5 on November 19th, 2012 at 10:49 am said:

why isnt Sorcery free on playstation plus? anyways i love the vita instant game collection. are motorstorm apocalypse and resistance 3 coming to plus soon?

+ chsnavi on November 19th, 2012 at 10:49 am said:

@Morgan – a neat feature to potentially include in the weekly PS PLUS update is the size of the free content. This would prevent people from asking and offer some planning for those of us who need to make room on our hard drives.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 19th, 2012 at 10:50 am said:

I’ll look into it!

+ TaiIs340 on November 19th, 2012 at 10:49 am said:

I was wandering if in the future for these PS+ updates can you give the downloads file sizes next to them so that people like me can start planning on what to get first on the Vita and PS3 due to size.

+ punkmusic2009 on November 19th, 2012 at 10:51 am said:

actulty some of these questions i can answer not trying to take sony job away but ill help 1st question can you play ps3 games on vita or vita on ps3 the answer is it depneds if the games is on both platform yes when you buy the vita version you get the ps3 version free aswhile and 2nd question dose the ps+ update weekly or mouthly answer is it updates every tues when the ps store updates so every week as long as you are a ps+ member both sytems update every week its part of the programe but releaze that plus do not give out free new games thous are other discounted or you get betas before it comes out

+ Ryumoau on November 19th, 2012 at 10:52 am said:

@79 no offense, but the ‘quality’ of the ps3 offerings in October and earlier this month were already pretty weak. Dungeon Defender is the first one i remember in awhile worth anything. No way could supporting Vita make the ps3 choices any worse.

+ ExHaseo on November 19th, 2012 at 10:54 am said:

I’m pretty stoked for the Vita Playstation Plus titles. Picking up my Vita tomorrow, if GameStop has the Assassin’s Creed Bundle already, or Friday, when they go on sale.

+ punkmusic2009 on November 19th, 2012 at 10:54 am said:

is the update tonight or on tues thats what i want to know

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 19th, 2012 at 12:04 pm said:

tonight at around 9p PST for the firmware. Games that are in the update will be in tomorrow’s Store update

+ TheUndertaker85 on November 19th, 2012 at 10:55 am said:

“Limited Time Sale Offer: Music Unlimited Premium One Year Subscription

80% off the PS Store Special Price for PlayStation Plus members (PS Store Limited Time Sale price: $59.99, PS Plus Price: $12.00)”

I hope everybody sees that. I tried the trial period for Music Unlimited and liked the service but just couldn’t ever get myself to subscribe when other fantastic things are coming out. $12 for a year of service is absolutely fantastic though and I hope I get to take advantage of this great offer.

Out of curiosity though… Will Music Unlimited work over 3G on Vita?

+ ojha_cojek on November 19th, 2012 at 10:56 am said:

Morgan please answer. Will I be able to buy plus for a 1year from my wallet on my ps vita? I dont own a ps3 and I already filled my wallet with 50$.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 19th, 2012 at 12:05 pm said:

yep; you’ll be able to purchase plus on your ps vita with the update

+ erico316ecw on November 19th, 2012 at 10:56 am said:

mogan will the update that coming out fix the error with the trophy app and zen pinball 2 on the vita. error code c1-6427-9

+ Ryumoau on November 19th, 2012 at 10:56 am said:

@83 do you not know how to use a period to break sentences?

@86 store updates tuesday like always.

+ Kane22_ on November 19th, 2012 at 10:56 am said:

Hey morgan how long is the sega discount. for one week only?

+ Genexi2 on November 19th, 2012 at 10:56 am said:

Will there ever be a web interface for the PS Store some day? It seems to be the next logical step after you guys overhauled the store on the PS3.

Would be great to buy things off the PC for PS3 off my laptop, and have it remotely download while I’m not near the console.

+ PainOfSarrow on November 19th, 2012 at 10:56 am said:

is that Hell Yeah Bundle the rabbit game ? if so thats def mineee tommorow.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 19th, 2012 at 12:04 pm said:

it is a certainly a game with a rabbit in it

+ KingBlade82 on November 19th, 2012 at 10:57 am said:

I asked this before but never got an answer or seen an answer but i do not own a vita (from reading comments about it doubt i will for awhile) and im gonna be renewing my plus soon do the ps vita games play on ps3? or are they vita only?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 19th, 2012 at 1:19 pm said:

PS Vita games do not play on PS3. There are some games that are “Cross Buy” which means if you buy the PS3 version, you get the Vita version as well (like Retro Cuty Rampage, SoundShapes). There are games that are “Cross Play” which means that PS3 and PS Vita multiplayer environments are shared (like PlayStation All Stars). But you can’t execute a PS Vita Game file on your PS3 and play it.

+ zGrandpaGamer on November 19th, 2012 at 10:58 am said:

Morgan great update Sony is really getting it right now great job, i just have one question on the blogcast they said that the Resistance trilogy was going to be released on the PSN store tommorow with all DLC. I was wondering if maybe they stuck their foot in their mouth by mistake or the trilogy will be released tommorow. Please i would love an answer so i could know if i need to get in my car and buy some PSN cards thanks

+ punkmusic2009 on November 19th, 2012 at 10:58 am said:

theudertaker yes it will as long as you download the app

+ saintaqua on November 19th, 2012 at 10:58 am said:

Dang it Sony! Are you trying to make me poor?!!!
Now I have to add Music Unlimited to an already crazy week! :D
Persona, Nights, LBP Karting, Battle Royale…
Well, at least you are giving me so many freebies!

+ Luis291981 on November 19th, 2012 at 10:58 am said:

FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY… GREAT DEALS for PLUS SUSCRIBERS if Sony continue with this everybody will buy a VITA and PS 3 wich are AWESOME Systems.

+ ImaFREEZEtheRoom on November 19th, 2012 at 10:58 am said:

Thanks for answering my question. I will gladly take advantage of that deal.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 10