PS4 - Destiny

PlayStation All-Stars: The Battle Royale Begins Today!

Omar Kendall's Avatar + Posted by Omar Kendall on Nov 20, 2012 // Game Director, SuperBot Entertainment

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for PS3 and PS VitaPlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for PS3 and PS Vita

Throughout its almost 20-year history, PlayStation has allowed us as players to explore new worlds, triumph over adversaries, and realize our dreams of rapping superstardom. Three years ago, SuperBot Entertainment, BluePoint Games, and Sony Santa Monica Studio set out to create a game that pays tribute to the amazing memories we as PlayStation fans have all experienced together. Today is the day that we’re able to share that game with you. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale has arrived!

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is a celebration of the PlayStation history: its characters, its universes, and most importantly, its fans. And what better way to celebrate that with some good old-fashioned butt-kicking! In PlayStation All-Stars, up to four players can simultaneously control any of the 20 great PlayStation characters featured on our roster, including Kratos from God of War, Nathan Drake from UNCHARTED, Sackboy from LittleBigPlanet, Big Daddy from BioShock, and Dante from DmC Devil May Cry, and fight it out brawler-style on one of our 14 levels, each one created by mashing up two PlayStation worlds — like the topsy-turvy world of LocoRoco mixed with the war-torn battlefields of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

While our Versus Mode, which pits player against player (against player, against player) will undoubtedly provide endless memorable experiences, venture into Arcade Mode to find out what brings all of these great characters together into one crazy world. And if you’re strong enough, discover what it’s like to face the oldest and most powerful PlayStation All-Star, Polygon Man. Or, head over into the Combat Trials Mode to learn the ins and outs of the Battle Royale combat system. Insight into the various fight mechanics and individual character instructions come together in the form of a fun yet educational mode. And when you’re ready, jump online to challenge the world in either our Tournament or Quick Match Modes, which offer what we feel is an online multiplayer experience virtually indistinguishable from offline play.

Available on both PS3 and PS Vita (digital and retail), PlayStation All-Stars takes full advantage of the interconnectivity between the two platforms via Cross Play, allowing players to battle it out against one another on either device. Owners of both a PS3 and PS Vita can even transfer their saves from one machine to the other, allowing PlayStation All-Stars to be played wherever the fans want to play it. And best of all, if you purchase the PS3 version of the game, you get the PS Vita version at no extra cost! There’s no reason not to take advantage of such a great deal. As a friendly reminder, in order to redeem your digital PS Vita copy form the PS3 on-disc benefit, you’ll need to ensure your PS3 system is updated to the latest firmware, version 4.31.

Today marks the start of a great adventure for us – one in which we as developers get to celebrate with you as the fans. We couldn’t have made this game without you, and I hope you all enjoy playing the game as much as we enjoyed making it. See you online!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Dosx001 on November 20th, 2012 at 8:04 am said:

My friend picking if I like the full verion I might buy it. :)

+ Cidastor on November 20th, 2012 at 8:06 am said:

It’s funny that I’ll probably buy this game even though I don’t care for most of the characters original games.

+ ShadowNight36 on November 20th, 2012 at 8:06 am said:

So (as far as I can tell), it turns out I need to put in the PS3 version to access the Vita version. Too bad I’m stuck at school with only my Vita till around 9 tonight.

Was really hoping to squeeze a few hours in before my test tonight. :’(

+ Xcaligamer1 on November 20th, 2012 at 8:11 am said:

enjoyed the beta. this is the kinda game that deserves my shelf space so yea I resisted the want to download and picking up the disc later at walmart. cant wait to use parappa again

+ Sez_06 on November 20th, 2012 at 8:12 am said:

Why I can’t get my pre-order costumes? I bought the game 1 week ago through the PSN Store. I only got the PS3 and PSVita games.

+ Ryumoau on November 20th, 2012 at 8:14 am said:

IGN gave the game an 8/10. So i’m excited. Gamestop just opened here, so i’ll be picking it up within 30 minutes. :)

+ NeoMahi on November 20th, 2012 at 8:22 am said:

I’ve always wondered how much Sony actually watches these and takes into consideration what’s posted. When I’d posted my “Digital Copy” suggestion of getting the Vita version for free in what they call “Cross-Play” from what was once having to buy the two versions separately, I had a smile on my face knowing that Sony had listened. Was that their strategy all along? No, they sold the versions separately to make an additional 40-bucks but, they took it into consideration and saw the value in it so, thanks Sony. You really do listen to your fans more than the uncaring competition, even if the bottom line is still a way to certainly put more coin in your pocket.

+ NeoMahi on November 20th, 2012 at 8:22 am said:

Having just seen the review for this game –IGN giving it an 8.0– I was actually surprised on a few things. Obviously, if you give them everything, there’s no room for a sequel but, the story mode seem a little weak with few animations or CG’s or an adventure mode similar to obviously the drawn inspiration of Super Smash Bros. Finally, I was surprised there was no PlayStation Move Pack available Day 1 as a free addition to promote Move. looking at LittleBigPlanet and InFamous and a game that’s only 7.8 GB on a 50GB DL disc, I was surprised there was no Custom Stage Creator with Move support to create your own arena’s or Multiplayer Battle. It certainly would be a cool addition and the Move would make it a breeze to do so quickly. CONGRATS Omar on your release. I’m picking the game up this evening and look forward to many of hours of fun this coming weekend and Holiday and months and years to come.

+ Tekn0tize on November 20th, 2012 at 8:23 am said:

Thank you SuperBot!!

The beta was fantastic, pre-ordered it. waiting in the UK PSN till the 23rd when it becomes available to play.

Other than the roster missing Sub-Zero, this game should be close to perfect :)

+ NeoMahi on November 20th, 2012 at 8:24 am said:

@Sez_06 – You’re probably going to have to wait until the PlayStation Store Update this evening 3p.m. Pacific Standard Time.

+ Tekn0tize on November 20th, 2012 at 8:26 am said:

BTW, the UK PSN does not allow me to download the Alternate Costumes for the PS3 version (only Vita version) :( I hope this gets sorted out by 23rd which is the official release date for UK. Once again, thank you SuperBot for a wonderful game!! Wishing you all the best!

+ BretBaber on November 20th, 2012 at 8:26 am said:

I’m really enjoying this game so far. Didn’t expect to be having the kind of fun I am having. Never was a big fan of Smash Bros., but I thought I’d get this game because I’m more into Sony franchises. Surprisingly fun, playing as Ratchet and Drake is way better than the demo characters we got. If you have a character/franchise you love, using that character makes the game a lot more fun.

+ JamalVita_91 on November 20th, 2012 at 8:31 am said:

I Have A Question: About The DLC Characters From Gravity Rush & Starhawk (Kat & Emmett), Will The Same Offer Extend To Those Who Only Have The Vita Version Of This Game? (I Know That Offer Isn’t Until Next Year, But I’m Just Asking In Advance…)

+ Excalibur0123 on November 20th, 2012 at 8:32 am said:

I haven’t gotten it just yet but, i’m looking forward to it. I was in the beta and all I have to say is wow, you guys really did a great job on this game. I hope this game series lives longer and prospers from it. Hopefully we’ll get some more info on DLC soon. Overall Congrats SuperBot you just made my Game of the Year :)

+ MPaullin on November 20th, 2012 at 8:35 am said:

Can’t wait to play this. Were the winners of the Twitter contest already notified? Wanna see if I scored it for free before I go out and buy it.

+ Xcaligamer1 on November 20th, 2012 at 8:39 am said:

kinda hoping for another parappa game to come out of this….and medieval too. i’ve lost hope for heavenly sword 2..still underrated I think. only flaw was the length of the game but other than that i loved it. The weeks leading up to it were nice w the prequel like videos

+ FORMIK on November 20th, 2012 at 8:44 am said:

I cannot wait to play it! The reason I’m not right now is because I’m away for the holidays, and my digital preorder apparently doesn’t unlock the Vita version until I get home and download the PS3 version. Any chance there’s another way? There’s people that need beating by a cake-eating princess who has subjects do her fighting for her.

+ Berae on November 20th, 2012 at 8:44 am said:

The game is very fun so far. The game is not perfect and 24 characters would have been ideal even if there will be plenty of DLCs I guess.

First the credits is absurdly too long, I’m always looking at it because there is a lot of developpers that put a video at the end and I lost a lot of time watching yours, its like 45 mins long.

The boss fight, I would have loved something a bit more that feels like a boss fight, its good but its missing something.

Lastly because it is not really the right place to put feedback… How come futureshop in Canada didnt have the pre order bonuses, I pre ordered the game in june and I thought I would get the costumes. They usually have all pre order things. That sucks. Anything you could do?

Anyway, the game is worth playing and it can be a lot of fun. I would gladly look forward for a sequel if one will be made at some point.

+ fester420 on November 20th, 2012 at 8:44 am said:

2 questions: where are the alt costumes and how do you transfer save data between games?

+ IcedDice777 on November 20th, 2012 at 8:45 am said:

Just picked up my Copy from Gamestop…i’ll start playing tomorrow when i get chance. Looking forward to more characters (hopefully classic ps1 and ps2 era) Via DLC.

+ NHDrumline17 on November 20th, 2012 at 8:45 am said:

Just a question/concern. I got the game from my pre-order at midnight on the PSN last night, but the alternate costumes were not included. Any way someone can help me?

+ Tekn0tize on November 20th, 2012 at 8:47 am said:

Everyone are having problems with Alternate costumes from the PSN store :( SuperBot / Sony could you please fix this for us PSN users!?

Omar Kendall's Avatar

+ Omar Kendall on November 20th, 2012 at 10:59 am said:

Heys Tekn0tize, make sure your system is updated to version 4.31 or greater. This should give you access to the Disk Benefits. Hope this helps!

+ DrApollo on November 20th, 2012 at 8:48 am said:

Played some last night. Sony fanboy wet-dream comes to life…and I mean that in a very good way.

+ Ryumoau on November 20th, 2012 at 8:49 am said:

I really hope this game gets supported greatly with more characters and stages. I still think 20 characters is a pretty weak start.

+ Deekman on November 20th, 2012 at 8:52 am said:

Needs Kazuma Kiryu. He’s been a Sony exclusive character since 2005 and had 8 games instead of 1 like Nariko. Who made the character decisions in this?!

+ CatatonicAlex on November 20th, 2012 at 8:53 am said:

Amazon where is my copy!?

+ StrongBad44 on November 20th, 2012 at 8:55 am said:

Missed out on the beta but still thinking about picking this one up.

+ Tekn0tize on November 20th, 2012 at 8:56 am said:

@24: It’s 22 characters I think, and I don’t think they deliberately wanted to restrict the roster size to 22. Getting 3rd party characters is difficult and requires co-operation from large organizations, especially getting legal approval signing NDAs and what not.

Having said that, since they have good relations with Netherrealm, I was hoping they’d release Sub-Zero from MK :) DLC? *hint* hint* nudge* *wink* !!

+ Miggy11 on November 20th, 2012 at 8:57 am said:

Can’t wait for my copy, but I do hope that the presentation gets better. Menus are kind of bland and need a big boost in presentation.

+ Go_Buddie_Go on November 20th, 2012 at 9:01 am said:

I won’t be getting the game until tomorrow, was one day late for pre-order costumes. :T

Ahh well, I’ve been seeing a lot of great reviews for the game, and for Superbot’s first game, it’s seems as though they have a hit. Destructoid gave it 9/10.

I’m still rather annoyed at the people who continue to post these. “Where is Crash and Spyro?” … “No Final Fantasy rep? Lame!” … “Where is Wander and Ico?” … This one made me LOL “Why is there more 3rd party characters than 1st party?”. Silly people.

+ Xcaligamer1 on November 20th, 2012 at 9:04 am said:

besides the obvious crash…spyro…and final fantasy requests… I want TIA FU

+ Butters360 on November 20th, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

I can’t wait to get off work to play this game to death!

+ BillyBoiDaPrince on November 20th, 2012 at 9:19 am said:

do you get the pre order costumes if you pre order the game from psn? I did a couple of hours ago and I only got the ps3 and ps vita download versions.

+ Elvick_ on November 20th, 2012 at 9:20 am said:

Not looking forward to playing the story without CG scenes in it. Waiting for an ultimate edition with all the dlc later.

+ jgrizzle358 on November 20th, 2012 at 9:21 am said:

*sigh* I’m sad… I have to miss out on this AMAZING game this month. :(

I did ask for it for Christmas but I don’t wanna wait that long… lol.

I’m reeeeeeeaaaaaaallllllllllllyyyyyyyyy hoping I win a copy from that Twitter trivia! :D

+ GhostMachine1 on November 20th, 2012 at 9:30 am said:

I don’t get out of work and school for another 10 hours!! NOOOOOO!!!!!

+ banok on November 20th, 2012 at 9:31 am said:

I wish I could say that I’m going to pick this one today, but hard times are forcing me to spend my money wisely. I enjoyed the beta though.

+ injendsm on November 20th, 2012 at 9:34 am said:

How do you access the Vita version of the game if you bought the retail PS3 version? The only thing inside the game case is a code for the online pass and my Gamestop receipt only shows a code for a costume pack. There isn’t an in-game menu option to link with a Vita either; not one I noticed, at least.

The game itself brings up an odd option on the XMB, disc benefits, which I’m guessing may be what I need to access to be able to get the Vita version but I’ve tried 3 times to open it with no success. I get error 80025A30. Is this where I’m supposed to be able to get the Vita version?

+ LuiSpartanMIMIMI on November 20th, 2012 at 9:38 am said:

As long as Gabe Logan is not in, I WON’T BUY THIS GAME!

+ Teflon02 on November 20th, 2012 at 9:47 am said:

I’m having a big issue, the preorder costumes voucher does not let me download my preorder costumes on my PS Vita and I bought the Vita game so, now what do I do. how do I get the costumes on my vita? do I have to wait for the store to update cause I’ll be so pissed if I can’t use the costumes cause I bought the PS Vita game

+ insano_jaco on November 20th, 2012 at 9:50 am said:

Congratulations for the amazing job!

About the stage DLC, a sugestion: mini-maps for 1VS1 battles, with less zoom out. it could be great for Vita, with bigger characters in the screen.

+ xTurmoilZz on November 20th, 2012 at 9:56 am said:

I also won’t be getting this anytime soon. This game does not represent PlayStation’s history well. More IP’s could have been represented in stages, the arcade mode is a joke, and the roster is very disappointing. More characters easily could have been added. SuperBot lied when they said more characters than we expected would be in the game. Also not many highly fan requested characters are in the game.

I was extremely excited for this game when it was first announced but I quickly became very disappointed. Now I might not get this game at all.

+ Ryumoau on November 20th, 2012 at 9:57 am said:

@34 yeah every review i read, even the positive ones, mention the game has a weak story mode. Thats sad since i’m more into playing games by myself, even Smash Bros.

I went ahead and bought the game anyway since it was Cross Buy and i already had $43 store credit with gamestop. Haven’t started yet, but i really hope its not too difficult to play.

+ BretBaber on November 20th, 2012 at 10:00 am said:

Is anyone else having a problem signing onto the Vita online with your account? Won’t let me.

+ AmaterasuOkami1 on November 20th, 2012 at 10:04 am said:

+ tick_skywalker on November 20th, 2012 at 10:05 am said:

Its nice! I will get this game to my collection…

+ Edzo04ps on November 20th, 2012 at 10:15 am said:

cant seem to redeem my vita version. disc benefits just leads to an error. is this a known problem? rather play this on handheld

+ BlueBl1zzard on November 20th, 2012 at 10:22 am said:

Just picked mine up, gonna play later today! Thank you Superbot, Bluepoint, Sony for making the game we secretly always wanted.

@People having vita related issues, not sure if this will have an effect, but did you install the latest system update? There was one released late last night but I don’t know if it affects something like this…

+ vonhammer on November 20th, 2012 at 10:22 am said:

Can anyone tell me if there are any in depth looks at the mp modes,options,lobbies, and all that stuff.

I was forced to read reviews for the first time in 3-4 years,and none had any info.I’m an hour away from cancelling my psn pre-order because of this.

+ Remmulak on November 20th, 2012 at 10:24 am said:

I am having the same problem…..How do I receive my Vita Version? I keep getting an error code (80025A30) from the “Disc Benefits” section. :(

Omar Kendall's Avatar

+ Omar Kendall on November 20th, 2012 at 11:35 am said:

Heys Remmulak, that error code means you need to update your system software to at least 4.31!

PAGE 1 2 3