PS4-Watch_Dogs

Resistance Collection Lands on PS3 December 5th

James Stevenson's Avatar + Posted by James Stevenson on Nov 20, 2012 // Community Lead, Insomniac Games

Resistance Collection on PS3

Resistance Collection on PS3

This holiday season just got better. Resistance Collection is hitting stores starting December 5th for $39.99, and it makes a great gift for any shooter fan who hasn’t had a chance to experience one of the best FPS trilogies on PS3.

Resistance started as I-8, a return to Insomniac’s roots making first-person shooters (Disruptor was our first-ever game on PSOne). It evolved from a space opera featuring lizard-like aliens into an alternate history World War I shooter, before eventually evolving into the 1950s-era game that launched alongside PS3. Over the three titles, we had an incredible experience developing the Resistance franchise for PlayStation fans.

From Resistance: Fall of Man’s 40-player multiplayer, to Resistance 2’s 8-player online co-op, to Resistance 3’s heroic survival of Joseph Capelli in a brutal world, everyone at Insomniac is incredibly proud of what we accomplished with the Resistance trilogy. For all of you who haven’t had the chance to check them out yet, the trilogy gives you the opportunity to experience them now

Resistance Collection on PS3Resistance Collection on PS3

The collection includes Resistance: Fall of Man, Resistance 2, Resistance 3, and all the DLC listed below.

• Resistance 2 Aftermath Multiplayer Map Pack
  • Resistance 2 Skin Bundle
  • Resistance 2 Wraith Skin multiplayer weapon
  • Resistance 3 Brutality Pack
  • Resistance 3 Survival Pack

Enjoy your Thanksgiving and keep an eye out for Resistance Collection starting December 5th!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Betorro on November 20th, 2012 at 11:05 am said:

I pass….

+ Xcaligamer1 on November 20th, 2012 at 11:09 am said:

rfom trophies?

+ James Stevenson on November 20th, 2012 at 11:17 am said:

No. This is a re-release of the games, with no changes.

+ DoomnY on November 20th, 2012 at 11:10 am said:

Trophies for Resistance: Fall of Man???

+ Wario64 on November 20th, 2012 at 11:10 am said:

Price?

+ Painkiller360 on November 20th, 2012 at 11:11 am said:

How many discs?

+ James Stevenson on November 20th, 2012 at 11:20 am said:

3 discs. May change in future runs of the collection, but the initial copies have all three discs.

+ MarinoBrea on November 20th, 2012 at 11:12 am said:

Best FPS campaigns I’ve played ever. All those military shooters campaigns are trash. I’m not saying any of the Resistance games are brilliant, but in terms of the story-mode alone they beat the crap out of any COD or BF game.

+ the_ghostmen on November 20th, 2012 at 11:15 am said:

trophies for resistance fall of man pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

+ El_Pollo_CA on November 20th, 2012 at 11:15 am said:

Same questions as @2 thru @5 :)

+ Dessron on November 20th, 2012 at 11:16 am said:

The games are awesome, among the best stories I’ve seen for a FPS series. Still hoping for Resistance: Fall of Man trophies (come on Insomniac, Kojima Studios added trophies support to MGS4 more than 4 years after the release, I know you can do it). Besides, I would re-buy the game if trophies are included!

+ Heavenly_king on November 20th, 2012 at 11:16 am said:

I already have those games. It would have been nice to see trophies for the First resistance, and also to be able to get the games from PSN.

+ boomstickbhg on November 20th, 2012 at 11:19 am said:

I bought all three games as they came out so this won’t be for me, but I’m a big fan of the series, despite some of the failings of number 2.

If the price is good, this would be a good gift for some people I know.

+ Arjmand on November 20th, 2012 at 11:21 am said:

Will there be a controller pack available?

+ James Stevenson on November 20th, 2012 at 11:33 am said:

I don’t believe one is planned at this time

+ matriXiXiX on November 20th, 2012 at 11:23 am said:

A BIG f— you to Insomniac. You guys dropped the ball big time and this set was a total waste of time. We’ve been crying and screaming for trophies for years. Yet you resist and resist. Why the heck would we (fans of the game) buy this? I don’t see this being a big seller at all. If people haven’t played the game yet there won’t be many people trying to jump on the bandwagon now. Especially at PS3′s end of life. Idiots!

+ James Stevenson on November 20th, 2012 at 11:33 am said:

Not sure why it’s us dropping the ball. For years we have said we will not ever add trophies to RFOM. We are completely focused on new games, and to try to re-open our 6+ year old code base to add trophies and then retest the entire game on an engine and environment that we haven’t worked in for years, is not possible.

But why should that inability on our part to add trophies prevent Sony from repackaging the three games together for folks that might not have picked them up yet?

+ JKar275 on November 20th, 2012 at 11:24 am said:

I would buy this collection in a heartbeat – only if it would include a separate 8-player online co-op mode (like in Resistance 2) in Resistance 3.

BIG MISTAKE DROPPING THE SEPARATE 8-PLAYER ONLINE CO-OP MODE IN RESISTANCE 3!!!

+ Gadirok on November 20th, 2012 at 11:27 am said:

I want to pick this up, despite the fact that I already own all three games. This is worth getting.

Does it have dual coverart for Canada? Just like the other collections? That was a neat bonus.

+ Dessron on November 20th, 2012 at 11:27 am said:

@13 Calm down, I’m not happy with this decision either but it’s not a reason to come here and insult developpers… Trash talk will only get you a ban… Try to keep it friendly :)

+ poodude on November 20th, 2012 at 11:33 am said:

Might pick this up even though I already own all three games – that box art is sexy.

And though I’m still sad Insomniac won’t be making another Resistance game, I just wanted to say thanks for creating one of my favorite franchises :).

Now release more Fuse footage :P!

+ Genexi2 on November 20th, 2012 at 11:33 am said:

Kinda wish Sony had the ‘Collection’ tag done earlier.

So much nicer than “HD Collection!” with the game series logo plastered 3-5 times on the same front. Very nice coverart for this one. Granted, I was a big fan of the original Resistance.

+ StealthBlade98 on November 20th, 2012 at 11:37 am said:

well while the unlikely hood of RFOM not getting trophies this is a good deal for me, I just traded my resistance 2 copy as I wanted the full collection and this does save me money

+ James Stevenson on November 20th, 2012 at 11:41 am said:

Yay! Glad it works out well for ya

+ bldudas on November 20th, 2012 at 11:43 am said:

I don’t know why people complain about games not having trophies. Does it really impede on your ability to enjoy a game when there are no trophies? Did you even play games before trophies came out?

I bought the dual Resistance pack last year since I never played the games before. I thoroughly enjoyed Fall of Man, even though there where no trophies.

+ Dumad on November 20th, 2012 at 11:44 am said:

Love RFOM, that one lead me to buy Resistance 2 and then Resistance 3, sadly, as I saw on previous comments, the only thing I was wishing to happen will not…

This re-pack of the 3 games was my last hope for RFOM Trophy add…

I guess at this point, this announcement became irrelevant to me…

For those who haven’t play the game before, buy it, is a great saga!!!

+ boomstickbhg on November 20th, 2012 at 11:52 am said:

For the record, Resistance is the series that made me start playing shooter games, before that other than occasional CoD with a friend I had no interest in them.

RFoM is one of my favourite games this generation and I loved it without any trophies. Trophies can be a nice little bonus, but ever since Sony started demanding them in games, people seem too focused on them.

+ Josef217 on November 20th, 2012 at 11:52 am said:

meh. i’ll pass.

+ blakseed on November 20th, 2012 at 11:52 am said:

I already bought and enjoyed all 3. If you “pass” that’s your loss.

+ WU-Tang4Ever on November 20th, 2012 at 11:54 am said:

Resistance 1 and 3 had the most fun campaign co-op modes I’ve played this generation and resistance 2 had the most interesting!

+ thibaxfb on November 20th, 2012 at 11:56 am said:

3 discs?
Is not one blu-ray disc?

+ James Stevenson on November 20th, 2012 at 12:05 pm said:

No. The games are pretty large. I think both R2 and R3 used dual-layer BRDs

+ c0nn0r_pwns_u on November 20th, 2012 at 11:59 am said:

Why not on one disk? There shouldn’t be any limitations with blu ray….

+ James Stevenson on November 20th, 2012 at 12:06 pm said:

Well, you still then have to build a whole new application bootstrap layer where people pick between the games they want to load.

Also, R2 and R3 both were dual-layer blu-rays, so not sure we could fit all three on a disc the PS3 reads or is even a disc size that’s commonly produced.

+ VideoGamer35 on November 20th, 2012 at 11:59 am said:

ok, HD collections were fun and awesome, but seriously, this just getting more and more stupid by the time, i mean who would buy 3 games that were released not too long ago (i mean of this generation)? and most people already own all 3 of them -_-; instead of givings us new IPs you’re just wasting your time and effort by making unnecessary collections… get it together already…

+ James Stevenson on November 20th, 2012 at 12:07 pm said:

Well, if by wasting time you mean figuring out a way to package these together and ship them, then I guess. But I take issue with a lot of that.

A. there was no dev time used here at all. In fact, we’re super busy on new IP, Fuse, and Full Frontal Assault.
    B. There are still lots of people still buying PlayStation 3s, and with the holiday season, if you’re a new buyer of a PS3, you’re probably looking for great value in your game purchases. These collections allow you to catch up with all of the great games on the PS3 at great prices.

+ KrisButtar on November 20th, 2012 at 12:00 pm said:

ive never play any of these games so a Resistance Collection seems like a good idea, for me. is they offline co-op for 1, 2 or 3? i dont have the stable online connection to play online multiplayer.

+ James Stevenson on November 20th, 2012 at 12:08 pm said:

Yes, there is two-player split-screen offline co-op through the campaign in RFOM and R3.

There is a seperate 8-player co-op campaign you can play in R2… you can play that offline in 2-player split-screen.

+ KrisButtar on November 20th, 2012 at 12:01 pm said:

ive never play any of these games so a Resistance Collection seems like a good idea, for me. is they offline co-op for 1, 2 or 3? i dont have the stable online connection to play online multiplayer games.

+ rodrom on November 20th, 2012 at 12:06 pm said:

Nice value. I always meant to play these games but never got to. Almost a sure buy!

+ James Stevenson on November 20th, 2012 at 12:08 pm said:

Awesome! Thanks. We appreciate the support

+ Crazy-88 on November 20th, 2012 at 12:07 pm said:

Before ya’ll sold out to become a CoD clone, R:FoM was the best game on the PS3… it’s a shame instead of making a 4th title that holds its own once again in form similiar to the first title, we get a collection of the evolution of Resistance: Origional, CoD-copy, Hyrbid of the 2.

Insomniac you guys make awesome games, but how about instead of calling old wounds that you guys announced as a dropped series into a ‘collection’, you make new titles for it that rock the tried and true style the first had?

Everybody uses CoD multiplayer systems to the point that even CoD dropped it for a new points-related system, for once copying their idea and dropping 2-weaponswap/killstreak is a good idea!

+ James Stevenson on November 20th, 2012 at 12:09 pm said:

Well, this didn’t take any time on Insomniac’s part, and as we’ve announced, we’ve moved on to new IPs and games. So there it is!

+ KrisButtar on November 20th, 2012 at 12:17 pm said:

thanks for the quick reply, i will now be picking this up. you can count on it :)

+ Gmafz7 on November 20th, 2012 at 12:20 pm said:

Well I already have all three, awesome campaigns and challenging multiplayer!! But I’m missing the DLC, mmm…

+ Cloud_X1 on November 20th, 2012 at 12:22 pm said:

I know how hard it is to work on games and then to get so much hate for stupid things (trophies). there are so many ignorant people posting on here complaining about no trophy support and then whining that they want more new IPs. It’s not easy to go back and add trophies to a 6 year old game that most likely has a different code and will take a long time to retest the game and go through a few other things. AND how hard is it for people to understand that these are amazing deals for people who didn’t get to experience the games a long time ago, and to new people coming into the world of playstation. There are still many people who are buying PS3s and many more that will buy some for the holidays, and these are great deals.

+ Killaman16 on November 20th, 2012 at 12:24 pm said:

This is good for those who have yet to play this trilogy and at a good price. I know you guys at Insomniac have moved on to new IPs and stuff but in your guy’s opinion do you see a future for this series or does it all end here?

+ James Stevenson on November 20th, 2012 at 12:55 pm said:

Resistance universe is a big place to play in, even if it won’t be us doing it, I think.

+ I_Montano_I on November 20th, 2012 at 12:26 pm said:

I just love how shallow people have become over “trophies.” Get a life and just play the games. What did you do before trophies? Just played; like I’ll be in December!

+ xTurmoilZz on November 20th, 2012 at 12:27 pm said:

I have also missed out on these games somehow, so I will definitely be picking this collection up

+ James Stevenson on November 20th, 2012 at 12:55 pm said:

Awesome! Thanks so much!

+ Orbital74 on November 20th, 2012 at 12:31 pm said:

Why should Insomniac go back and add in trophies to a game they created SIX years ago?!? Wouldn’t you all rather they work on NEW games? I know I would.

This collection looks great….keep up the good work Insomniac. All three games are great and this is a fantastic way for newcomers to check out a great series. Resistance 3 contains one of my all-time favorite single-player campaigns. And the first two entries are awesome as well.

To those who haven’t played these games yet….buy this collection! For $40 it’s definitely worth the purchase.

+ Hayterfan on November 20th, 2012 at 12:37 pm said:

Wait someone from Insomniac is answering questions?
Awesome

Ive been wanting to play Resistance for awhile now, so all 3 for $40 seems like a nice deal.

Off topic, to James Stevenson if Insomniac could trust one studio to do a Ratchet and Clank movie who would it be?
Also any chance of a R&C Future collection?

+ James Stevenson on November 20th, 2012 at 12:56 pm said:

Oh man, I mean, obviously it’d be amazing if Pixar would do a Ratchet movie. I’d go see that at midnight in 3D etc. etc. etc. etc.

Honestly we’d just love to get a movie made PERIOD. It’s hard to work with Hollywood.

+ kakasij6 on November 20th, 2012 at 12:41 pm said:

Well I have played all 3 of these and loved them but I don’t own any of them. Guess it’s time to take care of that.

+ James Stevenson on November 20th, 2012 at 12:57 pm said:

yay! thanks a bunch

+ EdReedFan20 on November 20th, 2012 at 12:44 pm said:

Will each game be available separately on PSN? Also, you mentioned Disruptor. Will we ever see that as a PS1 Classic? With Ratchet: Deadlocked HD coming out, that would leave R&CF:TOD, The Resistance Trilogy, and Disruptor to be added to PSN. That way, the entire Insomniac Games catalog of their PlayStation exclusives would be available on the PSN Store.

+ James Stevenson on November 20th, 2012 at 1:01 pm said:

Disruptor would be up to Activision as I believe they own the rights.

These games won’t be available digitally due to the size + the fact that this is just a re-package of the discs. I think TOD would suffer from some similar issues in terms of size / online configuration. It might be possible to encapsulate them and make that happen, but it’d be up to Sony to complete.

+ WICKEDGHOST187 on November 20th, 2012 at 12:52 pm said:

Hey James will we see another game from you guys come to the vita.

+ James Stevenson on November 20th, 2012 at 12:57 pm said:

Well, we didn’t develop the Vita version, Tin Giant did the port. I assume if Sony wants to do a Vita version of our games going forward, it could happen.

+ Nick930930 on November 20th, 2012 at 12:57 pm said:

So many people whining in here. This is just a collection of the three games in case people never got to play them. Nobody is FORCING you to buy them. Stop being such babies.

Also… nobody needs trophies for RFOM… why are they so damn important to people? They don’t earn you anything but nerd points. I feel ashamed for even having more than 10 platinums……

+ Nick930930 on November 20th, 2012 at 12:58 pm said:

Ok..now that my rage has stopped…. thank you James Stevenson for being so patient and answering these fine gentlemen’s questions. I look forward to more from Insomniac in the future.

+ cmeese47 on November 20th, 2012 at 1:12 pm said:

I like the collections but I must admit I am sad to see no trophies included. I realize it might not be the easiest thing to do but I think it could have been done without too much effort. Make the trophies associated with the story line and keep the number short. This would add the much sought after trophies and reduce the amount of work needed to recode the game. Otherwise I hope this boosts sales cause the support for Resistance 3

+ UnholyBahamut on November 20th, 2012 at 1:18 pm said:

This collection is for people like me that have never played a Resistance game, I always thought this game was good, however I preferred to buy other games (like God of War, Demon’s/Dark Souls, The Walking Dead, GT5, etc), but now that all the games are in a single collection, I will give it a try.

+ Spacerac on November 20th, 2012 at 1:33 pm said:

Hey you guys, I’m getting the collection but I already own the first! Should I give it away or keep it as a sort of keepsake, since it’s probably one of the copies from near the launch of PS3?

+ James Stevenson on November 20th, 2012 at 1:51 pm said:

Up to you! Always fun to pass on the Resistance love to a friend who maybe hasn’t checked it out though!

+ usaofamerica on November 20th, 2012 at 1:34 pm said:

Great, for 40$ i gotta buy it.

+ Spacerac on November 20th, 2012 at 1:34 pm said:

Oh, more relevant question: How soon can we expect news on Ratchet Deadlocked coming to PS3?

+ James Stevenson on November 20th, 2012 at 1:52 pm said:

After the launch of Full Frontal Assault next week we should have a better idea. I’d say by early December we should be able to give a date. We’re still pushing to have it out this year to wrap-up the 10th Anniversary festivities.

PAGE 1 2 3