PS4-The Order

PlayStation Blogcast 052: A Plus-Sized Thanksgiving

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Nov 22, 2012 // Social Media Manager

Subscription Links:

My stomach is swollen with sleep-inducing turkey, but I reserved just enough strength to click the “publish” button for today’s episode. Given the Thanksgiving week holiday, it’s a bit of a scattered affair — we share next week’s North American PSN lineup, of course, and answer a cornucopia of Listener Queries and Player Tips. Then we gather around the harvest table with PlayStation.Blog’s Justin Massongill and PlayStation Public Relations Manager Aram Jabbari to trade anecdotes, origin stories, and more.

Save some room for dessert!

Stuff We Talked About

• PS Vita Portable Charger
  • PlayStation Plus
  • Persona 4 Golden
  • PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  • Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com

Official PlayStation.Blogcast - Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Aram Jabbari

The Cast

35 Comments

+ GhostMachine1 on November 22nd, 2012 at 7:24 pm said:

I didn’t expect any blog updates today. Nice surprise.

+ MarinoBrea on November 22nd, 2012 at 7:26 pm said:

Wow, Aram Jabbari working now for Sony! (If this isn’t recent, I didn’t know) Great acquisition and congratulations Aram, this has always been your home!

+ Ryumoau on November 22nd, 2012 at 7:26 pm said:

@1 agreed. i like listening to the cast. It gives me an early look at what to expect next tuesday on psn store.

+ jgrizzle358 on November 22nd, 2012 at 7:28 pm said:

that was me in the voicemail!!!! :D

so, few things then. I sent an email to blogcast@playstation.sony.com but i wasn’t sure what information you were looking for so I just put my email, twitter handle and PSN ID. Not sure how soon I should expect a response.

Also, I have no clue what the game is I’m getting a code for, either you guys didn’t say in the blogcast or I completely missed it. (please say it’s All-Stars, I had to miss out on launch cuz I couldn’t afford it and I don’t wanna wait til Christmas, lol)

anyways, great episode, and i look forward to the next one! :)

+ Godchild1020 on November 22nd, 2012 at 7:37 pm said:

Happy Thanksgiving!

I watched the Gangnam Style Mortal Kombat YouTube Video. Amazing, I wish I was in Manhattan that day. Great Blogcast guys, it was really entertaining and lively.

I also believe Playstation Plus is a great Value for the cost, for both Vita and PS3 owners. I gave my cousin a PS3 and a year of plus after he lost everything due to sandy and he ended up getting some of his friends to subscribe.

Playstation All-Stars is amazing as well. I prefer Raiden and after playing PSABR, I feel the need to play Resistance and Heavenly Sword.

+ DeadKillersRevng on November 22nd, 2012 at 7:38 pm said:

Hi sorry for being off-topic, but what happened with the Twitter giveaway of PSASBR?

+ Boyzby on November 22nd, 2012 at 7:39 pm said:

Aram is a great addition to PlayStation! I look forward to his posts, as I always have, and hope he’s a regular on the show! ^_^

+ jchill001 on November 22nd, 2012 at 7:40 pm said:

psasbr trivia winners?

+ Ryumoau on November 22nd, 2012 at 7:41 pm said:

kinda disappointed with the ‘first party Vita’ games you listed that would be discounted. Games like Resistance Burning Sky and Hot Shot just don’t sound appealing. Would rather have had third party games discounted like MGS HD collection or even Lego Batman 2.

+ Ryumoau on November 22nd, 2012 at 7:42 pm said:

PS Plus on Vita is great though. Already more impressed with it than i have ps3 plus the last couple months.

+ blackgndrf on November 22nd, 2012 at 7:43 pm said:

It´s Far Cry 3 coming to PSN on lauch day? Maybe with a little discount for PS+? xD

+ Kchow23 on November 22nd, 2012 at 7:47 pm said:

Always great to have Aram in anything… Please keep bringing him back!

+ camiwaits_us on November 22nd, 2012 at 8:15 pm said:

I have not played my Persona 4 digital copy (it doesn’t fit in my card with the PS+ games, argghhhhh), but i must say Sine Mora is a must buy if you like sidescrolling shooters, great bosses, graphics and a surprisingly dark story, underlined by some very bleak voicework.

+ Kchow23 on November 22nd, 2012 at 8:17 pm said:

Maybe telling Sid not to play Journey will work :)

+ Vidarcr on November 22nd, 2012 at 9:18 pm said:

@4 This
    After PSASBR I had to get Sly collection, and I seriously hope we get some Resistance DLC for All Stars.

Persona 4 is waiting in my vita as soon as I’m finished with Assassins Creed III Liberation…

+ Elvick_ on November 23rd, 2012 at 2:49 am said:

@8: Hot Shots is fun. I don’t like sports games, but Hot Shots Golf is addicting. Now if only they’d bring over the Kat DLC for it…

+ modernDAYaltair on November 23rd, 2012 at 7:44 am said:

i hate to be off-topic, but i think u guys should discuss the Assassin’s Creed 3 “patch” that crashed my playstation after i installed it. I read about it happening to other people too. I might just buy a new playstation, but seeing as how i’ve already had 2 ps3′s now, im seriously considering giving up gaming. In an effort to save myself and any others with the same problem im having, i encourage you to at least mention it in next weeks blogcast. Im totally hating playstion right now. you guys are great though. love the blogcasts. keep it up.

+ Andrefpvs on November 23rd, 2012 at 8:46 am said:

Persona 4 Golden for game of the year!

+ spawn78 on November 23rd, 2012 at 10:17 am said:

playstation network store on a black friday they put a bunch of movies on sale lol on a gameing network sad how about some games cheap butts

+ waverlock on November 23rd, 2012 at 12:07 pm said:

No Black Friday deals??? :(

+ CrashSpyro on November 23rd, 2012 at 2:43 pm said:

Aram needs to be a permanent cast member now.

+ PsychoSploosh69 on November 23rd, 2012 at 4:03 pm said:

Hey Sid, play Journey! I have to say I am the king of hating any game that is different, but thanks to all of the hype on the blog I decided to try the demo. I was not impressed at all. But I bought it digitally, and am blown away. It really is an experience (A Journey). There’s nobody more surprised than me at how awesome it is. Give it a good 2 hours or so. It didn’t take me long to beat it. Give it a shot!

+ DonkeyKongKilla on November 24th, 2012 at 6:16 am said:

Anyone else find it sad it says you can’t play this through PS browser bc the flash plug-in needs updated… Yeah can’t play it through PS browser your own stuff >>>>> SAD…

+ GangstaTroy on November 24th, 2012 at 8:51 am said:

Any news on when the Crunchyroll app for Vita is going to come out?

+ ACtripxl on November 24th, 2012 at 1:46 pm said:

Going to listen to you guys tomorrow since at $12 Music Unlimited is a STEAL! So far a lot of good stuff to listen to, and its already installed on my Vita and SE Xepria Neo V.

+ purse317 on November 25th, 2012 at 12:39 am said:

Not sure how bringing ps store prices for vita software in line with retailer prices is a discount.

+ Kchow23 on November 25th, 2012 at 1:36 am said:

Hmm would I be getting charged extra for leaving a message considering that I live in Canada? Probably the main reason, I won’t bother with it.

+ loveinspace on November 25th, 2012 at 6:06 am said:

These guys are too annoying to listen to. Can’t you please post a transcript of the show, so we can quickly get to what we need to know (what new games/Plus are coming next week)??

Thanks

+ KAPADO on November 25th, 2012 at 1:28 pm said:

I actually love PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Sony dropped the ball on the presentation
    How the hell PlayStation move heroes has CGI intros but this game is still pictures with voice overs ?
    Sony has been lacking foresight for many years now,but this isn’t news anymore .
    Its disappointing because the animated rivalry intros are awesome .so why not expand …Jesus

+ DarklingVladd on November 25th, 2012 at 11:01 pm said:

I must be one of the only PS gamers that does not like Uncharted or God of War. Is that sacrilegious?

+ Ryumoau on November 26th, 2012 at 11:00 am said:

@23 yeah the ps3 web browser is awful. Outdated Flash player makes most videos i try to watch unplayable.

@29 the game felt rushed to me. Really terrible presentation and almost non-existent single player value. Theres no true collectables to collect outside of the worthless background images for online profiles. There was no effort put into story mode at all.

Its a shame going through Brawl’s expansive Subspace Emissary mode and enjoying it, to this lame 5 or 6 fight arcade mode. The single player mode is actually even worse than the first N64 Smash Bros game.

+ CrezyMunky on November 26th, 2012 at 12:58 pm said:

Does anyone else think Aram Jabbari sounds like a cross between Dane Cook and Dr. Evil? Good show, thanks for putting something up to listen to while I traveled!

+ Wedge19 on November 26th, 2012 at 2:09 pm said:

Sid not playing Journey is like my wife not finishing The Walking Dead (she has only played the first two episodes). The more I bug her about it, the less likely she is to actually finally do it. Maybe if we just leave Sid alone on the Journey thing, he’ll randomly play it in a couple months….

+ loveinspace on November 26th, 2012 at 5:37 pm said:

@30, no, I’m with you

+ KAPADO on November 27th, 2012 at 2:03 am said:

@31 agreed , a shame recall,y because the fighting is solid as hell .I would love a 1vs1 mode too .if its there I missed it