PS3-TLOU Left Behind

The PlayStation Recap: What We’re Reading

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Nov 24, 2012 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

Turkey! Stuffing! Various types of pie! By now you’re probably nearly recovered from Thursday’s feast (and the subsequent trip to grab one of the many available PS3 and PS Vita Black Friday deals), and ready to catch up on some gaming news from what turned out to be a surprisingly busy week on PS.Blog.

This week saw new LittleBigPlanet outfits from one of my favorite PS Vita games head to LittleBigPlanet, a new Zen creation based on one of the most popular story arcs in recent comics history, a look at the second of four games coming to next year’s Sportsfriends compilation (Kickstart it here), a guest post from legendary game designer Warren Spector, and lots, lots more. Build yourself a leftover turkey sandwich, pour a glass of cranberry juice, kick back, and catch up on the week in PlayStation.

What are you playing this weekend?

• I’m playing: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Persona 4 Golden, Sine Mora
  • I’m watching: Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace (so I can catch Skyfall this weekend)
  • I’m listening to: The PlayStation Blogcast 052, The Unfinished Swan Soundtrack

PlayStation Blogcast 052

Most-Watched Video of the Week

+ Dosx001 on November 24th, 2012 at 5:35 pm said:

Cool I didn’t know that the Recap and What We’re Reading were together now. Nice little idea you got there.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on November 25th, 2012 at 8:45 am said:

Thanks! Glad you like it. We think it makes a lot of sense.

+ Dosx001 on November 24th, 2012 at 5:40 pm said:

Wait everything up here O.O Mega Post!!!

+ deathshadow799 on November 24th, 2012 at 5:59 pm said:

Can you please tell me if Far Cry 3 is coming to PSN? please :) Also….

I’m playing: Assassin’s Creed III multiplayer, Portal 2 and Crysis 2 :)

+ MakoSOLIDER on November 24th, 2012 at 6:24 pm said:

This post looks very classy, well done.
You forgot the “What Sid’s not playing” thing though with “Journey” right after

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on November 25th, 2012 at 8:47 am said:

Classy is what I was going for, so mission accomplished!

My strategy re: Sid now is to avoid talking about Journey completely, since bugging him about it daily hasn’t worked yet.

+ Butters360 on November 24th, 2012 at 6:26 pm said:

Great Voltron-sized post Justin. Next step I think should be making the PlayStation Recap the Top Story on the Blog. Just a suggestion ;)

I’m Playing: God of War II, God of War III, and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

I’m Reading: Claymore Manga Volume 20-21.

I’m Listening to: Official PlayStation Blogcast Episode 052: A Plus Sized Thanksgiving.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on November 25th, 2012 at 8:48 am said:

Voltron is an inspiration of mine. I try to model my life after it.

+ bobmeissner on November 24th, 2012 at 7:28 pm said:

to deathshadow799
Far Cry 3 is scheduled for release in stores on Dec 4th. I pre-ordered a PS3 version.
If you go to the PSN Store, it lists Far Cry 3 as “Disc only”, and no price is listed.

+ webbiken on November 24th, 2012 at 7:40 pm said:

I’m playing: Playstation Allstars Battle Royal, and Uncharted Golden Abyss (again)
I’m watching: The Walking Dead ep. 5 No Time Left (so sad) :(
I’m listening to: my sister watch a movie on Netflix.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on November 25th, 2012 at 8:50 am said:

What do you think about All-Stars so far? I’m cleaning house with PaRappa; his Lv2 is too good.

+ Robbie_G_lrish on November 24th, 2012 at 10:19 pm said:

@ Butters360 Reading Claymore huh? I liked the anime. Have you seen it? I was wondering how the Manga compares.

@Justin The new format is clean and well done.

+ Butters360 on November 24th, 2012 at 10:27 pm said:

@8

I’ve seen the anime and liked it for being faithful up until episode 21, then Jr goes in a completely different direction. It ends up losing a LOT. I’ve always been the type if I like the anime, buy the manga as you have the complete story.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on November 25th, 2012 at 8:52 am said:

I haven’t seen a good anime since FMA: Brotherhood, and before that it was Death Note. You think Claymore is worth looking into for a casual anime watcher?

+ Kchow23 on November 25th, 2012 at 1:30 am said:

Hm so is the “What We Read” list been shortened down to keep in line with the Top 10 posts of the week or there just wan’t what many links? Overall though very neatly organized! hopefully the PS store will follow suit soon :)

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on November 25th, 2012 at 8:53 am said:

Yeah, my goal is to keep the two lists as close to the same length as possible. Glad you like it!

+ Kchow23 on November 25th, 2012 at 1:31 am said:

has the “What We Read” list*

+ Kchow23 on November 25th, 2012 at 1:32 am said:

perhaps we can finally get an edit button for comments? and the PS Share section hasn’t been updated for months now :)

+ Carl-G on November 25th, 2012 at 3:09 am said:

When i saw – “What We’re Reading” i thought it was about reading Books :D I not got time to read books i own a PS3! :D :D :D

+ GeneralChaz9 on November 25th, 2012 at 6:45 am said:

Kinda like how the two old Blog posts are combined into one! More convenient!

I’m Playing: Borderlands 1 PC(Steam sale for 5 bucks!), soon to be AC3 on PS3, and soon to be PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale!

What I’m reading: Any rumors about TimeSplitters, really. New petition for an HD Collection sponsored by Crytek. https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/crytek-uk-create-a-timesplitters-hd-collection

Other than that, busy with school, holidays and a girlfriend!

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on November 25th, 2012 at 8:55 am said:

Convenience is the goal; I’m a big fan of streamlining things. Glad you like it!

+ Butters360 on November 25th, 2012 at 9:10 am said:

@ Justin,

Yeah! If you’re a casual anime watcher I would suggest Claymore and wash it down with Guyver: The Bio Boosted Armor.

+ Darth-Krayt on November 25th, 2012 at 9:35 am said:

I’m looking forward to a couple games releasing on PSN in the first half of December, and I’m curious if there are any scheduled blog posts/interviews planned with the developers as of right now? The games are Guardians of Middle Earth and the console version WWE WrestleFest.

I would really love to read or watch interviews with both, if by chance you’re fishing for ideas for posts in December.

+ Matrix_Lion on November 25th, 2012 at 9:43 am said:

I’m playing: Assassin’s Creed III
I’m watching: Samurai 7
I’m listening to: Twice – Little Dragon

+ YungShep on November 25th, 2012 at 11:08 am said:

im playing PS ALL STARS VITA.
Im watching NFL SUNDAY TICKET :)

good reads, i read alot of that during the week. i love ps all stars, i tell people it has the complexity like street fighter, once you figure it out, you can really enjoy the game much much more. i dont think it’s comparable to the other game.

finally said bye bye to my 60gb ps3..upgraded it for the 500gb…it was such a bitter feeling. but i feel like i made the best possible choice.

+ perrandy on November 25th, 2012 at 11:28 am said:

@justin i truly recommend you to watch claymore because the anime is pretty good.i wished myself that the anime was still ongoing because it is just that good and the plot is not kiddie as some anime are.think of it as a female version of berserk but much much better plot wise!

+ Kikowz on November 25th, 2012 at 11:46 am said:

I’m playing: Borderlands 2 (fun co-op) and Lineage 2
I’m watching: Batman Begins and The Dark Knight for the 2nd time (so I can catch The Dark Knight Rises after)
I’m listening to: Dr. Dre / Brother Ali

peace :)

+ spocar on November 25th, 2012 at 12:42 pm said:

Im playing: Playstation All-stars Battle royale, and soon I’ll be playing Assassin’s Creed liberation though I’ve seen it has lots of bugs :/
Im watching: Naruto shippuden
and…. I think that’s it for now.

+ Robbie_G_lrish on November 25th, 2012 at 1:33 pm said:

@15 Haha Guyver is awesome.

@19 Wooah man… Claymore is great but nothing is better than Berserk.

+ Kchow23 on November 25th, 2012 at 2:11 pm said:

@Justin Only thing that I would like to see added is perhaps a “See more” link at the bottom of “What We Read” list for those who want to see the entire list. And how is Sine Mora? I found the demo a little difficult..

+ Kchow23 on November 25th, 2012 at 2:13 pm said:

Playing: Hitman Absolution, Dishonored, Metal Gear Solid 3 on PS Vita <– Bit of a stealth game nut
Watching: The Walking Dead later today :)
Reading: The PS Blog and Giantbomb

+ Mecha_Sonic_75 on November 25th, 2012 at 2:56 pm said:

Voltron? I’m more of a Golion fan myself.

+ WorldlyBuckbuck on November 25th, 2012 at 3:12 pm said:

will black ops declassified have dlc

+ divineLite on November 25th, 2012 at 3:36 pm said:

I’m playing: sine mora, persona4g, cod declassified

Really persona4g will be my GOTY this game is just to great to miss, well the voice acting is weird whenever Japanese names are sounded but other than that it’s okay

On the other hand, cod declassified makes me forget how bad it is resistance, coming from the same developer. Nihilistic made a greatest game ever they have made (because they rename nihilistic after this)

+ Shield_Of_Aiur on November 25th, 2012 at 3:53 pm said:

I’m playing: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus so I can be ready when Sigma Plus 2 comes out. i was playing PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale up til yesterday but i just made myself 12th place in the world for achieving the plat for the game. gee so tiring now.
I’m watching: Naruto Shippuden Ep:510 not so good, i hate episodes that recalls previous events
I’m listening to: BoA

+ kingbet123 on November 25th, 2012 at 10:51 pm said:

Proud new owner of both a PS3 and PS Vita this week. Really blown away by Playstation Plus and the great selection of games. Synergy between the two systems is pretty boss as well.

I’m playing: Black Ops 2, Borderlands 2, Playstation All Stars, GT 5 and Wipeout 2048

I’m watching: Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy and Regular Show

I’m listening: Foster The People, M83 and Underworld

+ Undrey on November 26th, 2012 at 3:09 am said:

Hope someone’s reading this, or can see this picture:

+ Elvick_ on November 26th, 2012 at 3:50 am said:

Liking this layout. It would be nice for a “read more” or something to see more of the “what we’re reading”. Since only 10 isn’t that much of what’s going on online.

You should reach out to the developers (WaterMelon) of Pier Solar HD to get the updated version they’ve got a kickstarter for on PS Vita. Because they have no plans for anything PS, PS3 makes sense since it’s hard to develop for. But it couldn’t be too difficult for Vita to nab the game.

+ lisatsunami on November 26th, 2012 at 4:46 pm said:

Justin, I really like how you’ve redesigned the various blog layouts this year. You’ve really made a positive impact so it’s nice you’ve been “rewarded” with your own weekly blog. Now please, put your eye for streamlined clarity to the new store. It’s very glitzy but needs to be made more simply functional again.