PS4-Watch_Dogs

Tonight: Robot Chicken Does PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Matthew Senreich's Avatar + Posted by Matthew Senreich on Nov 26, 2012 // Co-creator and executive producer, Robot Chicken

We are all gamers. It’s that simple. A crossover appeared.

When PlayStation asked us at Robot Chicken to literally “play” with their all-star line-up of characters, we were not about to say no. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale gave us an opportunity in the writers’ room to have the geek discussions we all love to have. Who would destroy who in a fight to the death, or wherever they end up going after being defeated. To make this animated short, we got one of our Head Writers Douglas Goldstein and our super gamer writers Mike Fasolo and Rachel Bloom (check out her geek videos on YouTube) to create this fun off-hours scenario for all our favorite PlayStation characters. Then we got our super geek director/writer Zeb Wells (who y’all may know from his comic book writing history) to dive in and direct. Magic in a bottle.

What is that “before” or “after” location like where all these characters hang out? What voices could we give to these iconic characters when turned on their side 90 degrees? Part of what our Robot Chicken crew does best. Take the absurd and make it mundane. Check out the clip above, and tune in for the full spot tonight starting at 10:00pm Eastern/Pacific Time.

Check out Robot Chicken’s interpretation of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale tonight, November 26th on Adult Swim during the 10:00pm hour (Eastern/Pacific Time).

55 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ RE_Player on November 26th, 2012 at 10:19 am said:

Funny clip. Will be sure to check it out when it’s on.

+ jgrizzle358 on November 26th, 2012 at 10:20 am said:

awesome! :D

+ cool_trainer on November 26th, 2012 at 10:21 am said:

lol good stuff.

+ Benmo316 on November 26th, 2012 at 10:29 am said:

I haven’t watched Robot Chicken in a long time, but I will tune in to see this.

+ KazeEternal on November 26th, 2012 at 10:30 am said:

Cross Trophies please. Stupid for me to play through campaign on two different platforms to earn a trophy.

+ Aeolus426 on November 26th, 2012 at 10:37 am said:

Hell yeah can’t wait to see this. and what the hell, tonight!?!? i was wondering why there was no new episode. is there going to be an early release of the season 6 dvd like what you did with season 5? i can’t wait to add it to my robot chicken collection i’m really enjoying this season.

+ Benmo316 on November 26th, 2012 at 10:39 am said:

I just checked my DirecTV box and Robot Chicken is on at 11 Central time, not 9 Central, and they’re re-runs. It did seem weird a new episode would be on a Monday. Maybe it’s suppose to be this weekend?

+ WrekGar on November 26th, 2012 at 10:40 am said:

I will be watching this most definitely… will be the funniest commercial ever…

+ Undrey on November 26th, 2012 at 10:44 am said:

@5 If you don’t want to go through the campaign twice, then don’t, no one’s forcing you.

+ Pabloo1010 on November 26th, 2012 at 10:46 am said:

This is brilliant, maybe Sony can work with the Robot Chicken writers on the Battle Royale sequel on the PS4. Yep, confirmed right here!

+ Ryumoau on November 26th, 2012 at 10:52 am said:

wow didn’t know Robot Chicken was still on the air. Been years since i’ve watched Adult Swim. Will defintely check it out during commercial breaks of WWE Raw. :P

+ GT_168 on November 26th, 2012 at 11:19 am said:

Enjoyed and shared.

+ JimmyChaos on November 26th, 2012 at 11:21 am said:

I would have love to have seen a bunch of KB commercials for this game. …sigh. shame for stupid mistakes.

+ KidCommando on November 26th, 2012 at 11:29 am said:

Haha, great clip, will definitely be checking this episode out!

+ megamixer on November 26th, 2012 at 11:38 am said:

@Ryumoau
It is, but its declined heavily in quality & humor from the first couple of seasons. Unless you enjoy ultra violence and mean spirited stuff ‘because’. :(

Oh and they’ve made Skeletor and their awful, awful version of Superman into main characters. Can’t go an episode without one of those two popping up. :|

+ JG4Horrorshow on November 26th, 2012 at 11:42 am said:

Big fan of the show Mr. Senreich, you guys tend to see things in a similar way I do so I’m pretty excited to see your interpretation of the only game I’ve been playing for the past few days.

+ GhostMachine1 on November 26th, 2012 at 12:09 pm said:

THIS IS SO AWESOME!

+ TomatoDragon on November 26th, 2012 at 12:15 pm said:

Lol! Will be watching.

+ ManjoumeThunder on November 26th, 2012 at 12:43 pm said:

Lol this is cool. Will definitely watch.

+ Massive_13 on November 26th, 2012 at 12:45 pm said:

Yep you guys should address @7′s concerns because I looked at my guide and Robot Chicken doesn’t come on until 11pm central, and states that it is a rerun. Are you sure that this time is correct?

+ Zezzler on November 26th, 2012 at 12:54 pm said:

This is awesome. Hopefully this proves to be a good, and fun way to get the word out about this fantastic game.

+ Dang_Man on November 26th, 2012 at 12:59 pm said:

GOOD STUFF

+ D-Squad3 on November 26th, 2012 at 1:05 pm said:

OMG this is so awesome!!! Definitely gonna check it out, would be cool to see guest All-Stars there too like Crash, Cloud and Snake!

SuperBot please add more characters after Kat and Emmett!

+ ChrisMichaels04 on November 26th, 2012 at 1:11 pm said:

To clear up any confusion, I don’t think they are talking about an actual episode of Robot Chicken…I think Sony and the people at Robot Chicken teamed up to make a commercial for PS All Stars and they will be airing the commercial tonight for the first time between 10 pm and 1030pm.

+ D-Squad3 on November 26th, 2012 at 1:28 pm said:

@24 that’s a major let down, but it’s not the youtube video they just put up right? I hope someone records it and puts it online because I’m not gonna be watching commercial after commercial just to see it.

+ PrimeroIncognito on November 26th, 2012 at 1:33 pm said:

@ KazeEternal :

Lazy bum. If you want double trophies, you have to put in double time. “Cross trophies” is a horrible idea. You shouldn’t get two trophies for one achievement. You just want to boost your level the cheap way.

That’s the one thing about MotorStorm RC that rubbed me the wrong way. Boot up the game on your Vita or PS3 after earning all the trophies on one of them, and all the trophies automatically unlock on the other. It offers 2 platinums and a staggering 18 golds to someone who has only played through the game once, just because they own both platforms. Whereas someone who only has only one platform gets half the trophies. It’s ridiculous.

I’m glad that very few games do this, in fact MotorStorm RC is the only one that I know of. I hope there’s not more, and I’m glad there’s not more.

+ DarthDanMan on November 26th, 2012 at 2:18 pm said:

@PrimeroIncognito
SoundShapes does it. So does Foosball and Hustle Kings, but they don’t have platinums. I do like the way All Stars does it better though. Much more gratifying.

+ TomatoDragon on November 26th, 2012 at 2:24 pm said:

Think I agree with 24. But it’s still cool. Commercial is pretty slick.

+ spocar on November 26th, 2012 at 2:27 pm said:

HELL YEAH, that means the game has been a great hit!!

+ PrimeroIncognito on November 26th, 2012 at 2:29 pm said:

DarthDanMan

Are you sure about Foosball and Sound Shapes? I always thought you had to earn the trophies seperately on each version.

Some of my friends have Sound Shapes and Foosball on both Vita and PS3, but their trophy counts are different for each version. Seems like they would be the same…

+ DarthDanMan on November 26th, 2012 at 2:40 pm said:

@PrimeroIncognito
I own both so I should know. You do have to synch between the versions to actually get the trophies in Sound Shapes. And Foosball was glitched so before you could only get 100% on one platform. But they released a patch semi-fixing that last month.

+ PrimeroIncognito on November 26th, 2012 at 2:53 pm said:

Dude, that sucks. Cross-trophies are BS.

I agree, the way PSASBR handles trophies is much better. Zen Pinball 2 and Pinball Arcade also require you to earn them separately. That’s the way it should be.

“Cross buy” is great. “Cross play” is awesome. “Cross save” is cool. But this “cross trophy” crap is absolute nonsense.

+ GhostMachine1 on November 26th, 2012 at 3:01 pm said:

I work tonight. Hopefully their website will have this episode later!

+ Monkee-King_ on November 26th, 2012 at 3:16 pm said:

CANT wait to watch. now on a different note.

@D-Squad3 I want a rematch. Columbia. 2 narikos and a Sweet Tooth. You player 2. Me player 1 Good Cole. I kick ass the whole round then player 3 nariko sends it to overtime. then you come from no where with your dang level 3 and beat us both. I want a redo!

+ DarqueDragon on November 26th, 2012 at 3:21 pm said:

I am looking at the TV schedule right now. Robot Chicken isn’t on until midnight, and either of the episodes tonight is the PS one.
So, it appears Matt was wrong about this. Hopefully, it airs soon.

+ BuchNasty on November 26th, 2012 at 4:54 pm said:

Yes…. GET THIS GAME SOLLLLLDDDDDD SONY! ADVERTISE!

+ ixnine on November 26th, 2012 at 5:02 pm said:

Now THAT’S how you advertise! Great ad!

+ Whitewolf10 on November 26th, 2012 at 5:38 pm said:

I’ll look on the direct tv schudule on my box and 10pm says adventure time on cartoon network west and adventure time on cartoon network east. Can somebody tell me if it will be on another time on direct tv.

+ Whitewolf10 on November 26th, 2012 at 5:39 pm said:

correction american dad on cartoon network east

+ PrinceofXIII on November 26th, 2012 at 7:07 pm said:

funny :P

+ xLUCAJx on November 26th, 2012 at 7:39 pm said:

this made me chuckle this game is definitely a lot of fun.

+ terranwolf on November 26th, 2012 at 9:35 pm said:

Central timer here. Guess I missed it. Saw American Dad on but no robot chicken.

+ lunchbox206 on November 26th, 2012 at 10:09 pm said:

seeing this makes me wish play-arts to make a radec figure

+ lunchbox206 on November 26th, 2012 at 10:09 pm said:

EDIT *made

+ I-smily-l on November 26th, 2012 at 10:25 pm said:

This game is amazing thank you super bot, sony, bluepoint, and santa monica for making this amazing game this is on my top 10 games of all time. I love it. I hope it has sold well and is and will keep on selling well. I for one have convinced my brother, cousin, and nephews and friends to get this game and a vita. More people playing means more victims for me to devour!

+ FoomMan on November 26th, 2012 at 10:51 pm said:

Any word on when this will go online?

+ Elvick_ on November 26th, 2012 at 11:02 pm said:

Nice.

+ DelicaGunz on November 26th, 2012 at 11:05 pm said:

I love Robot Chicken!!!!!

+ TomatoDragon on November 27th, 2012 at 6:57 am said:

Just watched the full clip on YouTube. Friggin’ hilarious. Great job with the spot. Also, finally, got my copy yesterday from Amazon. Started playing it with the wife last night. We both love the game.

+ jqtaxpayer on November 27th, 2012 at 8:15 am said:

I simply can’t figure out why people think this show and its creator (Seth Green) are funny. I guess some people will laugh at anything so long as there’s a Star Wars reference dropped in there?

PAGE 1 2