Bloodborne

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault Hits PS3 Today

James Stevenson's Avatar + Posted by James Stevenson on Nov 27, 2012 // Community Lead, Insomniac Games

Fans of Ratchet & Clank, today is the big day! Ratchet, Clank and Captain Qwark embark on their newest adventure, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, which is available today for the PS3 system at retail and on PlayStation Store for a MSRP of $19.99!

As a special launch day treat, we’re sharing a few pieces of concept art which inspired the look, characters and environments that you’ll see in the game. We hope you enjoy checking them out!

Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault on PS3 and PS Vita

Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault on PS3 and PS VitaRatchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault on PS3 and PS Vita

Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault on PS3 and PS Vita

This fun-sized adventure is one of the best values we’ve ever offered, featuring a campaign you can play single-player or in co-op (split screen or online). It’s classic Ratchet & Clank gameplay with a base defense twist. Even after you play it once, you’ll want to try again to improve your scores and times! On top of the campaign, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault has a new multiplayer mode that you can play 1v1 or 2v2. We’re really proud of it, and we’ve been working hard to bring additional skins as well as new bonus multiplayer maps to the game, and you can expect more details in the coming weeks.

For those of you who also own a PlayStation Vita system, the game supports cross-buy, cross-save and competitive multiplayer cross-play. If you purchase Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault for the PS3 system, you’ll be able to download the PS Vita version at no additional cost when available in January 2013.

Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the Ratchet & Clank series this year has been a blast for all of us at Insomniac. From the release of the Ratchet & Clank Collection, to playing the Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault beta with you, and even sharing the iam8bit Ratchet & Clank screenprint program (keep an eye on G4TV this week for the “making of” the first print, and a reveal of Print #2), it’s been a great year for Ratchet fans. All of our fans getting to celebrate the anniversary with a new game this week is the cherry on top. For a taste of the action, be sure to check out the free demo for Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault which will be available for PS3 on PSN starting today.

See you online!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ RelaxMANE on November 27th, 2012 at 7:04 pm said:

I’m definitely going to buy this on the PS Store! I’m glad you guys are sticking to online gaming for the Ratchet series! Now all that’s left to complete the 10th anniversary is Ratchet Deadlocked HD! Speaking of that, I have two questions regarding Ratchet: Deadlocked HD. Firstly, will there be any changes to the online play besides better graphics? I saw something mentioning an online rework of the game and I was just curious to know. Secondly, can we expect many glitches to be fixed and patched from the original game?

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 7:12 pm said:

It will be a pretty much straight port, so don’t expect any major bug fixes or changes from the original game. It’ll be as true to the PS2 ver as possible

+ BLipp17 on November 27th, 2012 at 7:04 pm said:

@100

Secret Agent Clank is on PSN, playable on the Vita (at least its showing up in the Store on the Vita, so i would assume its playable there.) Size Matters isnt on there yet (at least not on the Vita), youre right. Now, if youre talking about some sort of HD remakes for the PS3 or Vita, ala the God of War Origin Collection, well, then you got a stew going!

@James

Picked up FFA earlier (was gonna get retail, decided on digital. 4GBs, hot damn!) and love it! Didnt hate A4O but great to be back in the classic camera. One thing though, any chance of adding in some sort of camera sensitivity slider? I dont know what it is but right now the camera seems really sluggish, at least to how i think it felt in the HD collection.

Anyway, keep it up Insomniac! Been a fan since Spyro on the PS1 (didnt know about Disruptor until a few years ago). Excited to see what FUSE has to offer (although i am one of the people who liked the direction that the Overstrike trailer was going in).

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 7:12 pm said:

I’ll pass along the camera slider thing.

I think you’ll like Fuse when you play it, loads of fun.

+ Teflon02 on November 27th, 2012 at 7:06 pm said:

and wait… I thought Secret Agent Clank was on PSN, I know there was a deal I seen on my PS3 last year or so for SAC and another game for $14.99 maybe same for Size Matters but I know they were on the PSP legacy at some point but I know it isn’t on Vita right now sadly

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 7:13 pm said:

Not sure honestly, since those aren’t our games, but if they are on PSN, then great!

+ MyNameisMrKnife on November 27th, 2012 at 7:17 pm said:

Your reply to comment #102, has just made a lot of people very happy, Mr. James Stevenson.
Thank You.

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 8:30 pm said:

You’re very welcome!

+ Darth-Krayt on November 27th, 2012 at 7:17 pm said:

I’ll be buying this as soon as I’ve got extra money to spend on a PSN card. This week was all about getting a Vita and a 32Gb card (which with some strategic bartering, I got for a total of $170 of my own cash, woohoo!!). I’m looking forward to playing this on PS3 and my Vita.

As a future fan of this product, I’d just like to say this is the kind of game you guys could and should support with DLC for a long time. For the rest of PS3′s life cycle if you wanted to. New maps, enemies/swarms, single player/co-op missions and bosses, new multi-player modes, skins. The possibilities are endless in a good multi-player game like this. Hopefully there’s a bundle for the skins by the time I buy this game. Considering the pricepoint of the game (which is fantastic btw), the price for the skins seems high. $1 would have seemed more in order. Still, the game looks great, can’t wait to play the whole thing.

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 8:31 pm said:

Awesome! glad you got your Vita, and good news is that at 19.99 you should be able to save up for it fast!

1.99 for 3 skins seemed ok to us, we’re trying to focus the paid DLC onto the customization options so we can keep the maps and mode stuff free for all users.

+ NeodeosX on November 27th, 2012 at 7:21 pm said:

Great news, and glad to know you guys are not done with the series =)

We are spreading all of this goodness on Ratchet Galaxy right now and hope to convince the community that this game is definitely worth buying.

By the way James, I got a question : any news regarding a possible R&C movie ? I know you were close to have it made… =/

Anyway, I can’t wait to receive my copy of the game !

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 8:32 pm said:

It’s been so so close. Never know what might happen in Hollywood. We’ll keep trying

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 9:36 pm said:

that’s a rap folks, shuttin down for the night, thanks for all the comments. Enjoy the game!

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on November 27th, 2012 at 9:36 pm said:

Can’t lose the combo now!

+ nikrel on November 27th, 2012 at 10:08 pm said:

What is with the matchmaking? I can not seem to find anyone to play with, or it invite only?

+ USRevenge2 on November 27th, 2012 at 10:29 pm said:

free maps as DLC you say? tell you what, after I beat the HD collection, tools of destruction, and crack in time i’l go buy the retail copy, granted this will take months.

+ VirtuaSnipa on November 28th, 2012 at 1:33 am said:

Just tried out the demo, and already wanting this game. The quicker i get that $10 extra, the quicker i can throw my own $10 at you to give me the full version!

+ theXecutioner on November 28th, 2012 at 1:44 am said:

Will be picking this up in store later this week. Very glad to see that there’s a platinum trophy for the taking. It’ll look good next to my Tools of Destruction and A Crack In Time plats (and eventually the HD collection platinum trophies, as I picked up the collection on Black Friday).

Give a thank you and a hug to your fellow Insomniacs for me!

+ Undrey on November 28th, 2012 at 3:51 am said:

10 years huh? Funny how this all started because there was a mistake at that robot making place thing (it’s been a while). I’m definitely looking forward to this and the fact that there’s a retail version makes me want to buy it even more, because if it was PSN only then I wouldn’t be able to play on the Vita because I can’t find any PSN card for the region that my account is assigned to.

But I can’t wait to get this and the collection, I love you Insomniac, except when I can’t sleep.

+ Thane_of_Fife on November 28th, 2012 at 5:29 am said:

Thanks for the response. I`ve always wanted to see a full-fledged Ratchet and clank retail game, with a massive single player, a few co-op elements and huge competitive multiplayer (ala UYA and maybe Deadlocked). How FFA, is a step in the right direction. With you guys coming back with multiplayer, I can only imagine the next ratchet to full recognize my dream. I will defintely be picking this up at retail.

+ Siggi23Smallz on November 28th, 2012 at 8:41 am said:

When will it come out in Europe, Mr. Stevenson?

+ saskamazon on November 28th, 2012 at 8:55 am said:

I can’t imagine why anyone would be upset that the PS3 version went ahead as planned with the launch – let’s look at the facts, there are far more PS3 owners than Vita, Christmas is almost at hand & this is a well priced new game that can be under the tree … how are Vita owners helped by having the PS3 disc delayed ? doesn’t increase my anticipation to wait … as a parent, I’m thrilled I got to get this one as a gift …. I say this as a launch week Vita owner – so yes, I was slightly disappointed to hear the Vita version would be delayed, but happy to know it will have the time it needs to be in good shape when it does release … I thought the skin packs looked pretty well priced – in comparison to what I’ve been paying for LBP costumes, it’s a dream … anyway, the game was a great price & to show support & get more out of it, I will be including a PSN card for my son to DL the skin packs for the game …. sheesh, maybe I should check out the game while he’s sleeping. ohh, guess I better wrap it right away – to prevent me from getting onto his game – he’ll want the glee of getting his trophies himself. :-)

+ TrueMaggot on November 28th, 2012 at 10:18 am said:

Just got this game and I absolutely love it. Two questions though: I bought some of the skin packs, are those only available for multiplayer? I’m more of a single player guy and I hope I can use the skins for single player. And I keep getting an error message when I go to “Disc Benefits,” is that just because the Vita version isn’t out yet?

+ Sez_06 on November 28th, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

Ratchet & Clank Quest for Booty game is NOT available in the Mexican PSN Store, why?

MX and USA Store have practically the same content except for this game.

+ SuperGlitchPro on November 28th, 2012 at 1:19 pm said:

Will Fizzwidget be a playable skin?

+ BANDICOOTKING on November 28th, 2012 at 2:57 pm said:

Um… any chance of seeing size matters on psn?

+ EmperorKorea on November 28th, 2012 at 5:47 pm said:

Number 1 Deadlocked fan here. Please make Captain Starshield a playable skin. Thanks.

+ BrotherofyourMom on November 28th, 2012 at 7:14 pm said:

I’ve always loved ratchet and clank games for its comedic yet dynamic single player story line, it rows of out of this world weapons and gadgets, lovable characters, nasty enemies and all this takes place in beautifully creative environments. Please insomniac bring back the very essence that made ratchet and clank such memorable games. Anyway hope this game does well, and keep up the good work! :D

+ Darig0n on November 28th, 2012 at 7:49 pm said:

Picked it up today c: Didn’t play it yet, but I support anything Ratchet! I use him in allstars aswell. Any chance of DLC trophies?

+ dolph_12365 on November 28th, 2012 at 8:32 pm said:

so… i have a huge question (not really)
dose anyone know what happened with size matters?
i see sponsors regarding high-impact, but not from insomniac… why did high-impact ripoff my favorite series D: ?
they did this with with jak & daxter -the lost fronteer too.
why did they take good game series and ruin them?
hope you answer this it will clear alot of confusion for me and my friends, thanks :)

+ The-fLASH-947 on November 28th, 2012 at 11:43 pm said:

Any chance of Sly and Jak skins ?

+ Elvick_ on November 29th, 2012 at 4:32 am said:

@115: LBP DLC are costumes though. Not skins. So you can mix and match to create even more awesome Sackpeople. These are just premade skins that you can’t do anything extra with. I don’t have an issue with the DLC, since we can do without it.

But it would have been nice for PS+ to get discounts on the skins. I would have definitely bought them all if they were discounted for Plus. As is, I’ll probably wait since I won’t get as much use out of those as I do LBP costumes.

+ ioanina on November 30th, 2012 at 12:15 pm said:

Full Frontal Assault close to 3GB? Wow! I thought it would be bigger than that. Sure, it may be a bit longer than Q4B, which was fun, by the way, but I’m sure it’s going to be fun, too! Looking forward to the DLC that continues the adventure, too, especially new bosses! I had thoughts that PSN had a size limit to games for a while, but I guess there is none, since I’ve read a while ago that the biggest PSN game to date is Record of Agarest War was ranged at 10GB. If you were to make a new Ratchet and Clank PSN game that may match or break the record for biggest PSN game yet, gamers would have been shocked to see what you’ve done to reach that file size number feat! Maybe you could do that next time instead of making the next R&C game retail. Who knows what you could do next? Thanks for 10 years of Ratchet and Clank, and here’s to many more!

+ akoma11 on December 1st, 2012 at 5:09 am said:

Also, looking forward to my free Vita download! Thanks for that as well

+ CooperThief on December 2nd, 2012 at 5:56 pm said:

Is this PSN only? Or is there a disc version?

Also, how exactly do you download the Vita version? Does it come with a code or something?

+ ltn2150 on December 3rd, 2012 at 5:21 pm said:

how come theres a specific Resolution i need on my tv in order for splitscreen?

PAGE 1 2 3