Bloodborne

PlayStation Blogcast 053: El Viaje

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Nov 29, 2012 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Subscription Links:

Today’s show is a fun, fluid affair — a welcome change of pace after the last few industrial-strength PlayStation Blogcast episodes. We bring in our LATAM PlayStation.Blog brother in arms Lorenzo Grajales to discuss gaming in Latin America and tips for breaking into gaming social media. Then we outline next week’s North American PlayStation Store lineup (it’s practically bursting at the seams with new games, add-ons, and demos) before deploying a literal barrage of voice mail questions, tips, and comments. It’s a fun, fun show and I give it my highest rating ever: seven thumbs up.

Oh, and I finally finished a game. Yep, that game. Now leave me alone! :P

Stuff We Talked About

• PlayStation.Blog Latin America
  • DOOM Classic Complete
  • Guacamelee
  • PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  • UNCHARTED: Fight for Fortune
  • Persona 4: Golden
  • Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com

Official PlayStation.Blogcast - Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Lorenzo Grajales

The Cast

+ camiwaits_us on November 29th, 2012 at 6:46 pm said:

I don’t know who to thank for this specifically, but i won a PS All Star Battle Royale code both for the PS3 and the Vita from the Official Playstation Twitter. So, thank you, Playstation Gang!

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 29th, 2012 at 6:49 pm said:

You are most welcome :) Tell your friends!

+ MakoSOLIDER on November 29th, 2012 at 6:50 pm said:

Thanks for answering my question in advance. Giving a listen in now.
    -Uzair

+ MakoSOLIDER on November 29th, 2012 at 6:52 pm said:

Oh and CONGRATS TO YOU SID for finally finishing Journey I assume from the blog statement

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 30th, 2012 at 9:59 am said:

(^_^)

+ Kchow23 on November 29th, 2012 at 6:55 pm said:

@Sid Marvel vs Capcom 3 still has the “I’m going to take you for a ride” song but it has been remixed :P

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 30th, 2012 at 9:59 am said:

Does it!! Good to know

+ shrimpdude on November 29th, 2012 at 7:00 pm said:

I also won PSABR via @Playstation on Twitter and wanna thank you guys!

Also, my friend had never heard of the game, but after I showed it to him and how rad it was, he ran out and bought a copy that night! We’re both taking full advantage of our Vita and PS3 copies!

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 30th, 2012 at 10:00 am said:

Glad to hear that.

+ TERMINATOR543 on November 29th, 2012 at 7:03 pm said:

I won!! Thanks for the Blitz code Nick!! And wow…Sid finished Journey? Or are you yanking my chain here?

+ Richard919 on November 29th, 2012 at 7:14 pm said:

PSABR is absolutely fantastic! i got the platinum trophy for both vita and ps3 B)

+ Robbie_G_lrish on November 29th, 2012 at 7:17 pm said:

El Viaje… That’s spanish for “A Whale’s Vagina”.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on November 29th, 2012 at 7:19 pm said:

When is trophies coming to PS Mobile? And only two games? Didn’t it officially launch? That’s kind of a low output….also where are the non game apps?

+ Bcrazyman on November 29th, 2012 at 7:29 pm said:

hey SID! ? do you know what games us ps+ MEMBERS ARE GETTING NEXT WEEK?
    IS IT REALLY GOOD GAMES FOR THE PS3 AND VITA!
    need to know thanks! also really love the show!

+ Barca4ever-CRC on November 29th, 2012 at 7:37 pm said:

No far cry 3 for December 4?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 30th, 2012 at 10:00 am said:

Yep!

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 30th, 2012 at 10:00 am said:

As is, yes, it’s for 12/4. We said it on the show!

+ Senor_Shmellow on November 29th, 2012 at 7:40 pm said:

Same question as @Barca4ever-CRC
    Is Far Cry 3 going to be on the playstation store anytime soon?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 30th, 2012 at 10:00 am said:

Yep, day and date digital

+ KrisButtar on November 29th, 2012 at 7:44 pm said:

AC3 DLC and Guilty Gear..hmm sounds good

+ thebiglouie on November 29th, 2012 at 8:20 pm said:

Art Komowan Sukurukarin?

11 and 12, the answer is in the first 10 minutes.

+ StealthReborn– on November 29th, 2012 at 9:17 pm said:

I hope you guys plan on having a Walking Dead (game) spoilercast in the next week or two. I would like to hear your thoughts on how it ended and where you think they should take it from there.

Another solid blogcast. =)

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 30th, 2012 at 10:01 am said:

Good idea – and thanks!

+ brian81371 on November 29th, 2012 at 9:21 pm said:

Thank you for the shout out to Montreal.. We made the blogcast!

+ YungShep on November 29th, 2012 at 9:43 pm said:

Sid you actually motivated me to finish my copy of Journey..

+ SlyCooperFan100 on November 29th, 2012 at 9:49 pm said:

@8 What the hell…? It’s Spanish for “the journey.”

+ wakingthedead17 on November 29th, 2012 at 11:17 pm said:

Any of you Sony folks have an update on a fix for people that bought the Alice: Madness Returns Bundle and didn’t get authorization to download American McGee’s Alice? In this week’s Store Update you guys said we’d be receiving vouchers for it, but haven’t heard anything since then.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 30th, 2012 at 10:01 am said:

I know they’re working away to make that right. I’ll let you know what I hear next, but top men are working to fix this

+ wakingthedead17 on November 29th, 2012 at 11:17 pm said:

@18 Watch Anchorman. You’re missing out.

+ LeeorV on November 29th, 2012 at 11:18 pm said:

Hey Sid/Nick, I’m copying my comment from the Page Chronica post in hopes you’ll reply to it.

I highly recommend giving an “ID card” to every game advertised on PS Blog, and putting that ID on all posts related to that game.

This will automatically address most of the regular questions people have immediately when they see a post marketing a new PSN game, is it PS3 only? if it’s on Vita, is it a cross buy game? when will it release? etc’ etc’

This will also clarify the purpose of the game advertised and its intended audience, and allow for easy searching of posts.

Example

Playstation All Stars: Battle Royale
    PS3: Yes
    PS Vita: Yes
    Cross Buy: Yes
    Cross Play: Yes
    Cross Save: Yes
    Release Date: 20.11.2012
    Genre: Platform fighter
    Price: 60$ (40$ for Vita only)

Jeff / Nick / Justin / Grace / Morgan – MAKE THIS HAPPEN! YOU CAN DO IT!

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 30th, 2012 at 10:02 am said:

This is a good idea. :)

+ gamer_316 on November 29th, 2012 at 11:48 pm said:

I wanna get my hands on PS All-Stars so bad, absolutely loved the betas & i’m sure the full game is nothing less than amazing

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on November 30th, 2012 at 12:10 am said:

Guardians of Middle-Earth for the PSN plz

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on November 30th, 2012 at 12:15 am said:

Guardians of Middle-Earth

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 30th, 2012 at 10:02 am said:

Indeed! And on PSN in North America.

+ YungShep on November 30th, 2012 at 1:22 am said:

can i request a better filter of 3D game category in the ps store..theres like 12 listed, but i know theres more then 20 3D games on the ps store..

+ jokersoccer13 on November 30th, 2012 at 3:49 am said:

WHEN IS THE PLAYSTATION 4 GOING TO BE ANNOUNCED?

+ helbertpina on November 30th, 2012 at 3:51 am said:

Is the pricing on Mass Effect 2 and 3 changing on the PSN store? Are you guys maybe going to sell the trilogy in a digital bundle? PS+ discount?

+ KemetMan72-_ on November 30th, 2012 at 4:46 am said:

Can someone share this PSABR code? Either post it in the PSABR forums or another forum.

+ Teflon02 on November 30th, 2012 at 5:22 am said:

Can someone lease FIX THE PRE-ORDER DLC for PS All-Stars!! I bought the game for my PS Vita and input the preorder code and only got the PS3 costumes. I’m suppose to get both versions costumes!! This is extremely annoying and no one has answered me about this issue and no one is doing anything about it!!

+ DonkeyKongKilla on November 30th, 2012 at 8:00 am said:

So, what were the demos? any news on plus in this? sorry still cant listen to it due to the fact that the ps browser is trash

+ Dubloon7 on November 30th, 2012 at 9:53 am said:

? where’s the December Plus perks?

Are PSN users going to receive the 12 days of Christmas similar to the EU PSN?

+ KrisButtar on November 30th, 2012 at 10:46 am said:

@21 that is an awesome idea,

+ furlowguy134 on November 30th, 2012 at 11:23 am said:

how can i get jade cacoon on my psvita and when is dragoons coming to ps vita

+ djnealb on November 30th, 2012 at 11:31 am said:

Listened to and loved the show! When will Rey be back and is he no longer a regular co-host?

+ VdeVenancio on November 30th, 2012 at 11:52 am said:

Any word about a PSN release for XCOM: Enemy Unknown? Been waiting for this one for weeks.

+ DarkOne_PR on November 30th, 2012 at 12:08 pm said:

well…. i could not win a PSASBR on the twitter contest bc u know what? Puerto Rico its out of the contest…. AGAIN! YAY! What a great time to be a PS blog community member!!! Thanks a LOT PS blog!

+ DarkOne_PR on November 30th, 2012 at 12:11 pm said:

teflon i have the same problem! :/ I cannot download my costumes on vita… i pre ordered at gamestop have them on my ps3 but they dont appear on the vita store download manager… :/

+ Teflon02 on November 30th, 2012 at 12:33 pm said:

@DarkOne_PR
    It’s so frustrating and annoying cause it is a simple fix but everyone just seems to ignore it. I’ve only had Pre-order bonus issues with Vita. And Sony published content which makes it worse. LBP, I didn’t get my preorder bonus cause they didn’t choose to ship it into Toronto Canada. And now this Pre-order bonus doesn’t even work Across systems and even worse. I bought the Physical Vita version only!! Which makes this even worse.
    Everyones always ignoring this isue, but just now I’m a Start spamming every Sony Article on this blog asking til I get a reasonable response cause this is annoying.

+ Kchow23 on November 30th, 2012 at 12:54 pm said:

Also you won’t have to be a shame anymore if you finish the Walking Dead… assuming you beat all episodes that will be a guaranteed platinum trophy!

+ JimmyNEUTRON413 on December 5th, 2012 at 9:40 am said:

Can anyone send me the link to your twitter page? I am currently a follower of the “PlayStation” page, but I didn’t know if “PlayStation blog” or ” blog cast” had their own twitter page to join the conversation and win things.

Thanks for any help!

+ Oreoman500 on December 6th, 2012 at 5:58 pm said:

So I’ve just been charged on the freebie Bioshock 2 today @ 5:05pm. I’m plus member as you can see. There shouldn’t $20 missing on my card. Who do I call/what do I do to get a refund on this?