PS4 - Destiny

The PlayStation Recap — What We’re Reading

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Dec 02, 2012 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

Festive music is becoming increasingly prevalent, the streets smell of pine, and shopping is more difficult each day. Regardless of which holiday you celebrate this season, I’m sure most of us have accrued a decently sized backlog of games to catch up on during the extra days we’ll have off.

PS.Blog had a good week, from a look at top-down shooter Under Defeat HD, to an anime-styled fishing game on PS Vita. Music Unlimited is sporting a deep discount for a premium membership right now (but only if you’re a PlayStation Plus member), and if you pride yourself on your vocabulary, you’ll want to check out Page Chronica. Finally, I can’t believe I’m typing this, but Sid did it. He finally did it.

What are you playing this weekend?

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

What We’re Reading

PlayStation Blogcast 053

Most-Watched Video of the Week

+ Butters360 on December 2nd, 2012 at 9:19 am said:

Happy Holidays PlayStation Blog crew!

I’m Playing: God of War II, God of War III, and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

I’m Watching: Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome, Nikita, Arrow, Revenge and The Walking Dead.

I’m Reading: Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season Nine.

I’m Listening to: Official PlayStation Blogcast Episode 053: El Viaje.

+ mpb93 on December 2nd, 2012 at 9:25 am said:

Thx Justin great job Jeff got an awesome glass controller

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on December 2nd, 2012 at 8:05 pm said:

Thanks! Yeah, that controller is pretty slick. I hope they’re still giving them out when I hit my five years in 2017!

+ mpb93 on December 2nd, 2012 at 9:30 am said:

I’m Playing: Battlefield 3,Xcom,Gravity Rush,and Wipeout 2048

I’m Watching:Walking Dead season 3 and Lord of the Rings blu-ray

I’m Reading:Various comics

I’m Listening to:PlayStation Blogcast Episode 053: El Viaje with my pluse wireless stereo headset elite edition

+ Sonicfan11589 on December 2nd, 2012 at 9:37 am said:

I’m playing Dead or Alive 5 especially since the DOA5 PLUS has been announced for the Vita, (which i don’t think u listed in ur “what we are reading” part of the blog) Can’t wait for this.

+ Elvick_ on December 2nd, 2012 at 11:18 am said:

I’m playing Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Sonic Adventure 2, and Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault. On Vita, Persona 4: Golden.

@4: I’ll be all over DoA5: Plus. Love playing fighters on Vita. Hopefully we see a Tekken soon.

+ alexfranco60 on December 2nd, 2012 at 11:25 am said:

I’m playing: Silent Hill 2 HD, Resident Evil 5 GE, FIFA 13 and willing to begin with Dishonored.

I’m watching: Netflix –> How I Met Your Mother

+ Alastor424 on December 2nd, 2012 at 12:57 pm said:

I’m playing PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale and that’s IT!

When will the Jak & Daxter collection drop from 39.99 to 19.99 on the PlayStation Network Store as is the retail price?

+ PsychoSploosh69 on December 2nd, 2012 at 2:09 pm said:

•I’m playing: Motorstorm RC, Quantum Conundrum, Saints Row 3, About A Blob
•I’m watching: Walking Dead-Season 3, Walking Tall on blu ray
•I’m listening to: The PlayStation Blogcast 053: El Viaje, …And The Battle Begun (Listened to it on friday)

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on December 2nd, 2012 at 8:07 pm said:

Another RX Bandits fan, eh? Awesome!

+ wakingthedead17 on December 2nd, 2012 at 3:17 pm said:

I’m NOT playing American McGee’s Alice because customer support still hasn’t gotten back to me with a voucher for it from my Ultimate Bundle Purchase.

That’s okay though, gives me time to work through all the great PS Plus offerings for Vita.

+ Augur4 on December 2nd, 2012 at 4:36 pm said:

I’m playing Persona 4 Golden.
I’m watching NFL. My poor 49ers … :(

+ MailOrderNinja on December 2nd, 2012 at 5:46 pm said:

•I’m playing: Assassin’s Creed 3 (Still). God of War Ghost of Sparta (I know late to the game) Playstation All-Stars
•I’m watching: Catching up on Green Arrow and watching lots of Christmas specials with the kids
•I’m listening to: Tons and tons of Christmas music

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on December 2nd, 2012 at 8:08 pm said:

Yep, it’s that time of year. I’ve got the Charlie Brown special (and its soundtrack) all queued up.

+ roxdevicode on December 2nd, 2012 at 7:44 pm said:

Dead or Alive 5 has always been my all time favorite.

Play Free Online Games

+ djml9 on December 2nd, 2012 at 8:48 pm said:

I’m playing Write a 10 Page Paper on Blackbeard for English Class :(
worst…weekend…ever…

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:01 pm said:

The sooner you wrap up that paper, the sooner you can get to the games!

+ KloacyTheSeeker on December 3rd, 2012 at 12:53 am said:

Playing: Term Projects 2012 ;_;

Watching: Playstation Awards 2012 on Nico Nico Douga
-The special edition, red Soul Sacrifice Vita looks pretty nice, but I’ll stick to my white, Miku one.

+ gundam08thteam on December 3rd, 2012 at 5:07 am said:

I’m playing Full Frontal Assault

l’m watching anything on the web.

I’m reading the Pulse on android.

I’m listening to DjFm on android too.