PS4-The Order

PlayStation Plus Update: Return To Rapture Free in BioShock 2

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Dec 03, 2012 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

It may be gift-giving season, but PlayStation Plus delivers gaming gifts all year round, and this week is no exception. While many of you might still be getting acquainted with the PS Vita Plus games, PS3 gamers can welcome BioShock 2 into their Instant Game Collection. Download it for free if you’re a Plus member when the PlayStation Store updates on Tuesday.

Don’t forget that the Music Unlimited offer is still on as well. You can pick up the 1 year subscription for only $12! If you have questions on the service, you may want to check out this handy FAQ. To take advantage of the offer, you’ll need to subscribe from your PS3 or PS Vita Plus enabled account.

Music Unlimited

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access.

December 4th PlayStation Plus Update

BioShock 2 (PS3)
Free for Plus members
Years after the events of the original BioShock, a monster has begun snatching little girls and bringing them back to the undersea city of Rapture. Players step into the boots of the most iconic denizen of Rapture (and recent star of PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale), the Big Daddy, as they travel through the decrepit and beautiful fallen city, chasing an unseen foe in search of answers.
Rockstar Games Collection Edition 1 (PS3)
10% off for PlayStation Plus members (Regular price: $59.99, PS Plus Price: $53.99)
An amazing value, this collection features Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, L.A. Noire, and Midnight Club: Los Angeles Complete Edition. Plus members can enjoy a 10% discount on this new release to PSN.

Puddle (PS3 and PS Vita Versions)
50% off for PlayStation Plus members (PS3 Plus Price: $3.50 $5.00; PS Vita Plus Price: $2.80 $4.00)
Experience a brilliantly designed physics-based puzzle/platform game where you must guide a puddle of fluid to its target destination, not by moving the fluid, but by tilting the game world. It’s a unique twist on the puzzle genre and both PS3 and PS Vita versions are 50% off. Please note, this game is not cross-buy or cross-play enabled; so choose the best version for you, or if you’re a big fan, buy both!

We hope you’ve enjoyed this week’s update. Tune in next week where we’ll have another fantastic title to keep you gaming with PlayStation Plus. Head to the PlayStation Plus forums to continue the conversation and find other Plus fans, and make sure you make your voice heard in the comments below. As always, thanks for your feedback and we’ll see you next week!

PlayStation Plus Update 12-3-2012PlayStation Plus Update 12-3-2012

Get PlayStation Plus

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 15

+ lisatsunami on December 3rd, 2012 at 1:50 pm said:

Aw, the weekly whine festival. I bet Morgan hates Mondays more than the rest of us on our jobs. I have no interest in Batman games, but I’ll probably download it on my Euro Plus acct since it’s free. Not interested in the SCEA offering but that’s fine.

By the way, I bought the Music Unlimited deal & I only experienced a short time server failure on my PS3. For some reason I can’t get it to work on my Vita but I’ll keep trying. Can’t get enough of that Gangnam Style, the funniest song I’ve heard in years.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on December 4th, 2012 at 8:45 am said:

I actually really enjoy Mondays because of the Plus updates. Whether it’s positive feedback, or more mixed; I’m always eager to see and discuss the announcements with you guys.

In regards to MU stuff, if you’re seeing an issue, you may wish to contact Customer Service. But I haven’t seen anything widespread on my radar, so it may have been a hiccup. There was also minor maintenance on SEN yesterday as well which may have been a factor.

+ jasonstreet on December 3rd, 2012 at 1:51 pm said:

I know everyone is going on about eu having games that the us doesnt and personally im quite happy with the games that we have been getting here in the usa. My question is even if it doesnt happen for ps plus members will there be a sale such as the 12 days of christmas sale you have going on for the eu side of things and also where is the winter of rpgs i have only seen one game released that would suggest its existence and that is final fantasy 3. I would love to know if we are gonna have a sale like this and maybe some information on the sale that will hit for the store tomorrow even if it doesnt have ps plus stuff on it I just want to know if i need to start stocking up on cards on my wish list for christmas any info would help please

+ The_Dukenator on December 3rd, 2012 at 1:52 pm said:

You know, we should get some free Holiday themes and avatars for Plus users.

+ Tech_IX on December 3rd, 2012 at 1:56 pm said:

Oh course my comment won’t get approved because this blog is too scared of the truth. No wonder ps3 gets hacked all the time and every fps is full of people on CFW. At least they get GOOD FREE games LOL.

+ Otolap on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:01 pm said:

Seriously, Bioshock 2, meanwhile the UE receives Batman AC & Limbo (Among others)… This seems to be a monthly recurring, How it’s possible that every month the European PSN+ gets better games than the U.S.?

And that discount of 10% is a joke (if not insulting), Most of these games are available in physical format for under $20USD.

If Sony really wants to attract new customers and maintain a solid base of followers, it should take as an example Steam and their promotions.

+ gm914 on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:01 pm said:

@202 I doubt the US will have a 12 days of Christmas sale like the EU does, because SCEA is frightened to upset or offend anyone that doesn’t celebrate Christmas, as is the New American Corporate Way…

+ The_Dukenator on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:03 pm said:

@206 We may get one, but not at the same time to avoid confusion.

+ mcbuttz78 on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:04 pm said:

Well this is good thing , but i wonder what happend to getting ps mini’s game every month at least 1 free a month also 1 avi.

As far comparing ps+ games and content, its never going to be the same for becuase diffrent regional teams and content deals they do. If they get a said game that better , and we get one less than its not saying they have the better deal or game. Our store is stil better than eu, If want really cry japan is bettter games than both. In the end it doenst matter becuase its great thing psn +

Mcbuttz78
vp-pn legioniaree group

+ sab_krit on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:06 pm said:

ppl before asking whiners to calm down or calling them idiots, have a look at post 152. I am happy that I have playstaion instead of other consoles cuz of the advantages, I am happy abt plus cuz I get instant game collection ( as long as I am subscribed) and discounts.

BUT I am not happy being a North american plus subscriber and not a EU plus subscriber. Comparing this month and last month.
Nov 2012: EU got Crysis 2(1 year old game) and Ratchet (second retail game) compared to North america which got RE5 (3 year old game and already in bargain bin for 10 bucks) was waiting for the second retail game which never came.

Dec 2012: EU getting Batman Arkham City (1 year old game) and Vanquish (second retail game) compared to North america getting Bioshock 2 guess what (3 year old game – already in bargain bin in many stores for 5 bucks) and hopefully wait for second retail game which will not be there.

+ The_Dukenator on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:09 pm said:

@209 RE5 Gold, not Standard was the Plus offer.

Batman Arkham City Includes Catwoman,

+ nolo451 on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:09 pm said:

@201, Its actually quite embarrassing to say the least. All these games…FREE and people still whine. We got RE5, people complain, We get discounts on Day 1 games, people complain, I cringe reading most of the comments, its the same thing week after week, “I think I’m going to cancel these games suck” or “yeah I’m cancelling, not good games like EU, dur!”

We get it, you guys don’t like what PS+ NA offers…so why not cancel already? Do we really have to hear you whine about it week after week.

These people in my opinion do not represent the real Playstation community as I feel any real fan would love that we get so much content for free for a meager $50/year.

About the prevalent negative comments, I think its just that people that complain tend to post more than those that are content.

+ OPS_GEAR107 on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:09 pm said:

I’ll give it a try BioShock here I come.

+ nolo451 on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:10 pm said:

Get this through year heads: Different countries have different licensing agreements, so there;s bound to be games we can’t get that other regions can get. There is no conspiracy to give lesser content to one over the other. So tired of reading such juvenile comments about regional differences.

To Morgan and the rest of the team: I feel sorry for how much negativity you have to put up with here when its clearly uncalled for. Keep up the great work!

+ sab_krit on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:12 pm said:

Hmmm… maybe Europe is paying double the amount for the plus subscription … NOPE 39.99 pounds = 64 or 65 dollars.I have a question for PS Store manager can I switch my 1 year North american subscription to EU subscription and keep my already downloaded Instant game collection, I can pay that 15 dollars extra… I like Plus and not want to cancel, I am asking for the better Plus subscription deal since both belongs to Sony OR atleast give me a better collection of games not a bargain bin one OR give me a second retail game…maybe BioShock 1 this month.

Seriously Arkham City vs Bioshock 2 EU already got their extra 15 bucks worth and to rub salt over the wound look at post 152 and November month Crysis 2 and Ratchet over RE 5. Keep a poll of what games you got in mind to give us or atleast let us know of the possible games before EU announces their list, that way atleast (underline) I will not have high expectations over you guys for you to break it.

+ Phantoms86 on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:16 pm said:

I would gladly take Vanquish over Bioshock 2.

+ drGiggless on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:19 pm said:

US PS+ retail PS3 games since IGC started

Infamous 2
LittleBigPlanet 2
Saints Row 2
Just Cause 2
Warhammer 40000: Space Marines
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
Borderlands
Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition
Starhawk (single player campaign only) trolololololololololol
King of Fighters XIII – (NA exclusive)
Bioshock 2 – (NA exclusive)

EU PS+ retail PS3 games since IGC started

Infamous 2
LittleBigPlanet 2
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marines
Saints Row 2
Just Cause 2
Borderlands
Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
Motorstorm Apocalypse – (EU exclusive)
Dead Space 2 – (EU exclusive)
Darksiders – (EU exclusive)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution – (EU exclusive)
Red Dead Redemption – (EU exclusive)
Bulletstorm – (EU exclusive)
Crysis 2 – (EU exclusive)
Batman: Arkham City – (EU exclusive)
Vanquish – (EU exclusive)

It’s not even a contest, Europe PS+ wins by a landslide!! I may have even missed some of the EU games because it’s hard to keep track of all the amazing games they’ve gotten. And that’s only the retail games, the PSN games they get are way better too. Keep this post alive so everyone can see how much us PS+ subscribers in North America are getting ripped off!

+ Dubloon7 on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:21 pm said:

with moderators censoring my comment 156: I call it right now, BIOSHOCK 3 IS GOING TO SUCK BALLS. I won’t play any of these crappy FPS games even if they cost less than $10 in bargain bins.

+ Dubloon7 on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:21 pm said:

US PS+ retail PS3 games since IGC started

Infamous 2
LittleBigPlanet 2
Saints Row 2
Just Cause 2
Warhammer 40000: Space Marines
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
Borderlands
Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition
Starhawk (single player campaign only) trolololololololololol
King of Fighters XIII – (NA exclusive)
Bioshock 2 – (NA exclusive)

EU PS+ retail PS3 games since IGC started

Infamous 2
LittleBigPlanet 2
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marines
Saints Row 2
Just Cause 2
Borderlands
Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
Motorstorm Apocalypse – (EU exclusive)
Dead Space 2 – (EU exclusive)
Darksiders – (EU exclusive)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution – (EU exclusive)
Red Dead Redemption – (EU exclusive)
Bulletstorm – (EU exclusive)
Crysis 2 – (EU exclusive)
Batman: Arkham City – (EU exclusive)
Vanquish – (EU exclusive)

+ sab_krit on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:21 pm said:

OK 213, So finally you are saying that US plus is always going to be impotent compared to EU plus? So you are happy that knowing you are always going to get inferior stuff compared to EU and not try to improve quality. Well then thats a worst marketing startegy. For you my friend, most of people want their moneys worth. I am not going to buy Bioshock 2 for 4 bucks knowing that I could have bought Arkham city and Vanquish for 5 bucks. Not sure even you will do that if you respect your money or you work your back to earn that money.

+ Otolap on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:23 pm said:

To all of those that claim “free games”… These are not free, I’m PAYING for a subscription and If they like being treated like a second class customers great for you but i demand better for my money.

Why not cancel my subscription?
Because unfortunately i bough 24 months of PSN +, and if I cancel it means NO REFUND!

+ sab_krit on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:24 pm said:

I dont want o cancel, I want to transfer my account to EU plus account for the additional 15 bucks.

+ Dubloon7 on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:25 pm said:

i want to do what Hulu Plus offers: Pause your subscription for a later time. Maybe when games are actually worth a damn.

+ drGiggless on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:26 pm said:

+ sab_krit on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:24 pm said:

Yes! Let us switch our PS+ account to the region of our choice and pay the difference. This is ridiculous how we get treated compared to your European subscribers. You’re not creating a lot of goodwill here. You only have yourselves to blame when the PS4 flops in North America.

+ sab_krit on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:27 pm said:

with my previously downloaded game collection.

+ StrykerINF_1_23 on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:29 pm said:

I think you guys should start approving the comments. Seriously, I thought you people were gamers, not whiny, spoiled little brats who cry every week because the game they wanted didn’t show up. Go pay for laggy P2P on Live with 0 games and 0 perks for even more money! If US had gotten Batman, and EU had gotten Bioshock 2, you guys would have been complaining as well. Don’t subscribe if all you are going to is complain. Save your money if Plus is so bad as you claim.

+ Ashilyn on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:31 pm said:

Getting treated like “second class customers” when you’re paying $5-6 a month to get several games a month? For real? You realise how dumb you sound, right? Seriously, if that’s a big deal, take your $5 and take them to GameStop where you’ll get- oh right. Nothing. Whomp whomp.

And if you’re in for the long hail, why complain about something you actually have little to no control over (again, licensing, regional publishing deals, ect)? You can’t always expect to get something tailored to you every single month. You had to know that going in. If you didn’t, that’s your bad.

+ Inuboykendo1000 on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:32 pm said:

The Playstation Store now actually acts like a Store. That’s awesome, digital downloads for games for a ton of games. I can’t wait to pick up my PS3 and open it Christmas morning. I’m so excited. :D I have the money for it. Can’t wait. I just wish your new Playstation Collections would come to PSN, like Killzone Trilogy and the Resistance Collection. That’d be awesome.

+ StrykerINF_1_23 on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:32 pm said:

You know you can just get a EU account and there is a EU Playstation Blog so you can complain over there about how the US got a better deal. Why not complain on every regions blog! Twice the whine, double the sense of entitlement!

+ Ashilyn on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:33 pm said:

@255 is right. The people here will complain about anything. Seeing everyone complain about getting RE5 Gold, when previously all anyone had done was piss and moan about not getting RE5 when the EU did pretty much proved that no one here really knows what they’re talking about. We could be getting Batman, and all anyone would complain about is how we’re getting a crappy, overrated game with no DLC while the EU gets something else.

+ Ashilyn on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:34 pm said:

*225, whoops.

+ NightRaven77 on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:36 pm said:

Morgan,

I was wondering if we are going to get a sale, like EU did, to hype PS All-Stars Battle Royale. The week it came out in EU, games featuring the characters went on sale. Things like Fat Princess, PaRappa, inFamous: FOB, etc. That week in US we got more Ultimate Editions. I know it was leading up to Black Friday, but any chance a sale like this still might happen in US? I think it’s a great marketing strategy. Maybe when the first DLC arrives?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on December 4th, 2012 at 8:48 am said:

We’ve got some things up our sleeves on this. Stay tuned for announcements later this month; but I don’t have details to share at this time.

+ maskedgrappler on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:37 pm said:

To all the people telling us to cancel, I’d be more than happy to cancel if Sony is willing to refund me.

+ The_Dukenator on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:38 pm said:

@229 Funny story is when the new PS Store design was coming out, it had RE5 Gold and we were told that we won’t get the game. Then a few weeks later, we get the game and hated the guy for lying. But he didn’t know that we were gonna get RE5 Gold for US at some point..

+ sab_krit on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:38 pm said:

numer 225 and 226, Again read the comments properly, We dont hate PS plus, We just hate the discrimination between US plus gamers and EU plus gamers.

Read Carefully, I dont want to cancel my Plus account, I like the Plus idea. I just want EU plus compared to US plus. its not about getting games from eb store or gamestop vs Plus. Its not Xbox vs Playstation. It is inside Playstaion and I want the best deal of the same thing.

Defenitely you are not going to get a Arkham city from gamestop for 39.99 when you know you get the same stuff from walmart for 19.99, thats stupidity. I dont want a xbox gold membership instead of my plus membership or a game from gamestop. I want the best deal of the plus subscription and right now its EU and not NA.

+ The_Dukenator on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:39 pm said:

@232 No refunds. All sale are final!

+ SalamanderKnight on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:39 pm said:

@The_Duke

I went to the EU Blog and Chris (the dude who takes care of the blog) said that IT WILL NOT include any of the DLCs.

+ StrykerINF_1_23 on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:40 pm said:

Also, you guys realize that EU mostly favors the PlayStation brand. US is in love with Xbox, so it makes sense why they get better deals. But lets not forget that EU gets games later than the US and their stuff is usually more expensive. Now all of sudden they get something good and you guys get jealous for no reason. Sign up of EU Plus and save yourself the pain of having to complain every week.

+ SalamanderKnight on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:41 pm said:

Also, why are people saying we are only getting BS2? Remember this blog updates weekly (which I don’t like) so they got more to reveal.

Morgan really….ever since you guys decided to go weekly, the amount of complainers have skyrocket.

+ The_Dukenator on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:42 pm said:

@SalamanderKnight I talked to Sarah of Rocksteady and this was her response: I believe it’s the standard version of the game (with catwoman) but I will double check!

+ sab_krit on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:42 pm said:

229, yes ofcourse we will whine when we get batman Arkham asylum during 2015 when they will actually get a game released on 2014

+ black_cleric on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:42 pm said:

USA-
1. Infamous 2 2. Little Big Planet 2 3. Rachet and Clank: All for One 4. Virtua Fighter five 5. Just Cause 2 6. Hard Corps Uprising 7. Choplifter 8. Saints Row 2 9. Lara Croft 10. Zombie Apocalypse 11. Sideways 12. Warhammer: Space Marine 13. Gotham City Imposters 14. Renegade Ops 15. Pac-Man DX: Championship Edition 16. The Walking Dead: Episodes 1 and 2 17. Bloodrayne Betrayal 18. Outland 19. Star Hawk (Campaign only) 20. King of Fighers XIII 21. Borderlands 22. Pay Day: The Heist 23. Dungeon Defenders 24- PS Vita Game Collection 25.Bioshock 2 26. Resident Evil Gold Edition 27. Quantum Conundrum

9 AAA games

+ black_cleric on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:43 pm said:

EU- 1. Virtua Figher Five 2. Warhammer: Space Marine 3. Chime: Super Deluxe 4. Darksiders 5. Renegade Ops 6. Outland 7. Odd World: Strangers Wrath 8. Infamous 2 9. Motorstorm Apocalypse 2 10. Little Big Plant 2 11. Deus Ex: Human Revolution 12. Saints Row 2 13. Lara Croft: Guardian of Light 14. Dead Space 2 15. Rock of Ages 16. Borderlands 17. Just Cause 2 18. Retro/Grade 19. Machinarium 20. Double Dragon Neon 21. Red Dead Redemption 22. Hell Yeah! Wrath of Dead Rabbit 23. Bulletstorm 24. Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition 25. Crysis 2 26. Rachet and Clank: All for One 27. Cubbixx HD 28. Limbo 29. Vanquish 30. Batman: Arkham City

16 AAA games

+ black_cleric on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:44 pm said:

America gets screwed all the time. We really need better games. I mean come on they get vanquish and arkham city??? We get Bioshock which is crap. We better get one freaking awesome game that came out last year like dark souls or something.

+ The_Dukenator on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:45 pm said:

Does it matter?

+ sab_krit on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:45 pm said:

238 I dont complain every month. butsince you said we might get better stuff due to this is weekly announcement thingy. Last month EU got 2 retail games Crysis 2 and Ratchet compared to bargain bin game RE5 we got.

+ Ashilyn on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:47 pm said:

@236

Catwoman is included with all new copies of the game, digital or physical. Just like how you get online passes with games you get from the store or from Plus, you get Catwoman when you get Batman from the store. “Does not include any DLC” probably meant the Nightwing/Robin/ect stuff.

@234

Could’ve fooled me. From the vitriol thrown around in the comments, it sure seems like most of the people hate PS+.

+ drGiggless on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:47 pm said:

+ sab_krit on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:45 pm said:

The month before that they got RE5 and Bulletstorm and we got NFL Blitz, a piece of garbage PSN game! What a joke!

+ nolo451 on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:47 pm said:

@213, What I am saying is that I am not going into this expecting AAA Titles month after month, I’m happy with what I get for “free” (I know its not really free since you have to have an active subscription, but its the same thing to me since I’m sure I’ll always be subscribed).

I don’t buy many games, so this has been an AMAZING deal for me. If you think these are inferior games, then that’s your opinion. I had never played Borderlands (thought it looked dumb) but it Amazed me so much I bought Borderlands 2. I never would have thought tor buy Payday: The Heist, Dungeon Defenders (me and my sister and gf have tons of fun with that one), and lastly the FREE VITA games (Uncharted, Gravity Rush to name a few), oh and the PSASBR cross buy, Stuff that I have already played like Resident Evil 5 which I sold a while back, I am able to replay this with my sister who just got a PS+ subscription and I’m having fun playing co-op with her.

+ T-8k8O_ on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:50 pm said:

Hmm everyone has played Bioshock 1&2. Batman AC would be cool.

+ StrykerINF_1_23 on December 3rd, 2012 at 2:52 pm said:

Let me get this straight. When EU had RE5, you guys were begging for it. Then we get it, you call it a piece of crap, a bargain bin game? You want Batman, but if had gotten it you would have said “everyone who wanted to play that game has already played it” or the “the game was easy and too short.” Stop me when I’m wrong. But I’m not wrong am I?

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 15