Minecraft PS4

PlayStation Plus Update: Return To Rapture Free in BioShock 2

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Dec 03, 2012 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

It may be gift-giving season, but PlayStation Plus delivers gaming gifts all year round, and this week is no exception. While many of you might still be getting acquainted with the PS Vita Plus games, PS3 gamers can welcome BioShock 2 into their Instant Game Collection. Download it for free if you’re a Plus member when the PlayStation Store updates on Tuesday.

Don’t forget that the Music Unlimited offer is still on as well. You can pick up the 1 year subscription for only $12! If you have questions on the service, you may want to check out this handy FAQ. To take advantage of the offer, you’ll need to subscribe from your PS3 or PS Vita Plus enabled account.

Music Unlimited

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access.

December 4th PlayStation Plus Update

BioShock 2 (PS3)
Free for Plus members
Years after the events of the original BioShock, a monster has begun snatching little girls and bringing them back to the undersea city of Rapture. Players step into the boots of the most iconic denizen of Rapture (and recent star of PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale), the Big Daddy, as they travel through the decrepit and beautiful fallen city, chasing an unseen foe in search of answers.
Rockstar Games Collection Edition 1 (PS3)
10% off for PlayStation Plus members (Regular price: $59.99, PS Plus Price: $53.99)
An amazing value, this collection features Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, L.A. Noire, and Midnight Club: Los Angeles Complete Edition. Plus members can enjoy a 10% discount on this new release to PSN.

Puddle (PS3 and PS Vita Versions)
50% off for PlayStation Plus members (PS3 Plus Price: $3.50 $5.00; PS Vita Plus Price: $2.80 $4.00)
Experience a brilliantly designed physics-based puzzle/platform game where you must guide a puddle of fluid to its target destination, not by moving the fluid, but by tilting the game world. It’s a unique twist on the puzzle genre and both PS3 and PS Vita versions are 50% off. Please note, this game is not cross-buy or cross-play enabled; so choose the best version for you, or if you’re a big fan, buy both!

We hope you’ve enjoyed this week’s update. Tune in next week where we’ll have another fantastic title to keep you gaming with PlayStation Plus. Head to the PlayStation Plus forums to continue the conversation and find other Plus fans, and make sure you make your voice heard in the comments below. As always, thanks for your feedback and we’ll see you next week!

PlayStation Plus Update 12-3-2012PlayStation Plus Update 12-3-2012

Get PlayStation Plus

PAGE 1 7 8 9 10 11 15

+ PrimeroIncognito on December 3rd, 2012 at 7:35 pm said:

“as I said before, I’d have to respect you first”

Believe me, you’re not looking smart when you say that. This goes for anyone. We all feel this way, genius. But once again, you’re too short-sighted (immature) to realize it. You might as well say 1 + 1 = 2.

+ death_by_wabbit on December 3rd, 2012 at 7:35 pm said:

Anyway, we all should just ignore him, he obviously gets off on the attention

+ death_by_wabbit on December 3rd, 2012 at 7:37 pm said:

“This goes for anyone. We all feel this way, genius”

Then why are you trying so hard? can you sound any more desperate?

+ PrimeroIncognito on December 3rd, 2012 at 7:38 pm said:

Well, I’ve gotta take a dump, and then I’m going to play a game, so I’ll talk with you dorks some other time.

+ PrimeroIncognito on December 3rd, 2012 at 7:40 pm said:

There’s no desperation there dude. Yo’re making things up again, which, coincidentally, makes YOU look desperate, and ONCE AGAIN you’ve contradicted yourself. You’re not too good at this debating thing dude.

OK, now I’m really off to go take a dump.

+ death_by_wabbit on December 3rd, 2012 at 7:40 pm said:

but say whatever you like, I’m moving on now. Don’t worry though, I’m sure you’ll find someone else to spar with. You may want to set your sights a bit lower though, you’re not as good at this as you seem to think.

this is me, laughing at you……

+ DonkeyKongKilla on December 3rd, 2012 at 7:40 pm said:

@ death_by_wabbit (s)he seems pretty interested in your personal life when (s)he has no more room to argue against the true issues (s)he has stated hmmm What out looks like you have a stalker Haha

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on December 3rd, 2012 at 7:41 pm said:

@PrimeroIncognito

what r u gonna play?

+ DonkeyKongKilla on December 3rd, 2012 at 7:41 pm said:

watch out*

+ Sevyne on December 3rd, 2012 at 7:46 pm said:

@395: I’m an ungrateful brat? Did you even read my post on how I feel about the discrepancy between the two region’s plus offerings? Please tell me in what way was I not being civil in my statement?

You are also are no better than the people you are complaining about. Talking down on people and hurling insults around like it’s nobody’s business. Nobody says you have to agree with them, but jeez man, you take the cake when it comes to making snide remarks because people don’t agree with you. That is why I said you try to silence people that don’t praise your very existence. I’m sorry if you took that so literally so let me rephrase that. You try to silence people by constantly belittling them because they aren’t nodding in agreement to absolutely everything you say.

Feel free to express that you do not agree with people in the community and feel free to ask people to tone it down a notch when they are getting ridiculous. Though I’m going to do the same and ask that you chill out just a little bit and maybe people will take your words a little more seriously. Yes I know I got a little heated too and will gladly admit that, but you are just blowing up all over the place man.

+ death_by_wabbit on December 3rd, 2012 at 7:48 pm said:

@DonkeyKongKilla

eh, I’m not going to waste any more effort on him. He’s (supposedly) gone now so not worth taking up any space in my head

seems like he got what he wanted though, he’s pretty much poisoned the topic

+ MJ-EXTREME on December 3rd, 2012 at 7:56 pm said:

hey this my first time post on here. and i have a question do the Rockstar Games Collection Edition comes with all the dlc ?

+ Mahou_86 on December 3rd, 2012 at 7:56 pm said:

Once again, happy PS+ subscriber, but it hurts to see the EU releases…. Batman and Red Dead are both universes that are easy to return to while Bioshock, you got the majority of it the first time around… please think about games with a lot of replayability King of the Fighters was an awesome release!

+ GangstaTroy on December 3rd, 2012 at 7:57 pm said:

Been interested on trying Bioshock 2 for awhile. Honestly I am bummed not to see anything new on the Vita. Would be happy to see a cheap game like Sinemore or Retro City Rampage free. And I also believe one exspensive game should be added. I would also like to say I would not pick Mortal Kombat places had it on sale for as low as 10 bucks. Alot of people have it. Go with something like Street Fighter X Tekken. Truth be told the more amazing games on plus for vita the better chances are people will be out showing off vita’s amazing looking games. I am also waiting on news about the Vita Crunchyroll app.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on December 3rd, 2012 at 7:58 pm said:

@ death_by_wabbit I wouldn’t necessary say that, bc if most people believe next week isnt good they’ll voice it, i mean i played games they came out with sense I bought it that I actually would never try n at least give it a fair chance before i criticise it, but (s)he acts like the complaints are comparison to a kid not getting the toy he wanted for christmas, which he dont realise most reviews ( i have read) have been logical whether good or bad

+ ioshi_US on December 3rd, 2012 at 8:10 pm said:

i hope next week, ps+ get more free ps vita games
i already get plat for Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and 100% Mutant Blob

+ mcbuttz78 on December 3rd, 2012 at 8:15 pm said:

@412 it should.

Everyone lets stop the fighting we can all have difference of opinion and likes. You cant please everybody all the time. People in eu complain about what we get and vice versa. let just be happy we are getting something instead of nothing. Its the holiday season. we dont need to fight one another\\

Mcbuttz78
vp psn legioniaree group

+ DonkeyKongKilla on December 3rd, 2012 at 8:17 pm said:

haha if thats the case 416 then they should just switch teams right?

+ darconex on December 3rd, 2012 at 8:31 pm said:

playstation plus is great

+ mcbuttz78 on December 3rd, 2012 at 8:41 pm said:

@418 not really its 4 different teams with 4 different agenda’s for the bases of fans, they do listen and they try hard, usa store is more discount than anything. Im glad we get different thing/games becuase every game get a fair shake. I understand some may have the gme already and it might be old, but you have to understand alot may not have it or want to buy therefore its free. the store job is really give us discounts and update us on content.

One thing They are doing right is getting rid of online games dlc for online games thats no longer online like “strangled hold dlc online” thats a waste of money. becuase that game is no longer online. I would love to see older ps3 games for free like conan and turok., heavenly sword. strangle hold. socom con . socom 4 killzone 2. But alot make it so many it so hard for everybody wanting the brand new retail game out everytime.Alot other older games need the shine it keep franachise alive. You have to think out side the box.

Mcbuttz78
vp psn legionairee group

+ Kchow23 on December 3rd, 2012 at 8:43 pm said:

Small complaint but flagging save data on PS Plus is a bit of a pain. You have to tap on the (!) icon and then select it to be automatically download. There should be a select all to be automatically downloaded option.

+ YuNeoxus on December 3rd, 2012 at 8:49 pm said:

Batman Batman Please

+ JellyJugs on December 3rd, 2012 at 8:50 pm said:

I’ll take Bioshock 2 which is always an online multiplayer game than a single player only campaign such as Batman Arkham City but to all you complainers come next week you will all eat your words. FIrst off don’t complain about no free vita games till you complete the ones that were already given. So tomorrow I will be downloading Bioshock 2 like a proud US PS+ subscriber.

+ CUERVOSEMK on December 3rd, 2012 at 8:58 pm said:

anyone have this game? Jet Set Radio for vita, I can not play, the menu screen all the time aparace

+ onslaughtree on December 3rd, 2012 at 9:04 pm said:

just cancel your US account and get a EU account. and please stop posting on the US blog…Yeh, happy times.

+ sab_krit on December 3rd, 2012 at 9:15 pm said:

@331 I dont know whether to feel bad that you are ignorant or laugh at the theory you came up with. Better hope you get paid well by US plus. The corporate world works in the way that they want to keep their customers satisfied hence they keep purchasing goods from them instead of going to other stores. SO you came up with a theory that Rocksteady asked Sony to publish Arkham city to EU rather than to US plus. OK so lets go by your theory

Bioshock 2 sales in north america is .73 million compared to .41 million in europe and 54.2% vs 30.2%
Arkham asylum sales in north america is 1.82 million in NA and 1.34 in EU 47.4% vs 34.9%

So Bioshock 2 is the one which needs more promotion in EU more than Arkham City. SO I ask you kindly to keep your mouth shut and do the research properly before talking abt your BS theory.

Then again by your theory Skyrim, GT5, UC 3, AC games, 007 games even for that reason Crysis 2 was sold .32 million in NA compared to .47 million in EU are some games which sold more in europe than in NA. So whoever you are dont come up with BS theories and get your back burnt. Now who`s feeling like a stupid? hmmmm think abt that

+ sab_krit on December 3rd, 2012 at 9:16 pm said:

Arkham city corrected

+ sab_krit on December 3rd, 2012 at 9:18 pm said:

I mean so you think Crysis 2 needs more promotion in EU rathar in US, c’mon so should I feel bad abt your ignorance or laugh at your theory?

+ sab_krit on December 3rd, 2012 at 9:20 pm said:

@424 if it is that easy as you sound, I will gladly do that.

+ jonjon0890 on December 3rd, 2012 at 9:23 pm said:

im hoping that Atlus’ sleeper hit Catherine becomes part of the Instant Game Collection sometime in the future.
Bioshock 2 is an amazing game.

+ BlehSoo on December 3rd, 2012 at 9:39 pm said:

Is the 10% discount on Rockstar Collection for a limited time?

+ servitude4less on December 3rd, 2012 at 9:39 pm said:

If this is the game we’re getting, then it should at least be the ultimate edition, or at least a hefty price reduction on the DLC for it.
I already have this game, and a 10% reduction on the Rockstar Collection just isn’t even close to tempting. Make it 40% and it’s sold.

+ The_Dukenator on December 3rd, 2012 at 9:40 pm said:

Going back thru the comments and many stated BioShock 2 was a 3 year old or very old game, except it came out in Feb 9, 2010. BioShock 1 came out 2007 for PC & 360 & 2008 for PS3

You want old? Try Burnout Revenge, which came out for PS2 & Xbox in 2005, 360 a year later. Try finding a copy of it now. I was lucky to find a copy for 360 few months ago, which is a better version of it than ps2 or xbox. Interestingly enough, its available as a download on the 360 marketplace, but I doubt its ever been on the PS Store.

+ wxutsthecoach on December 3rd, 2012 at 9:41 pm said:

Maybe you’ve answered this already but Im still going to ask. You mentioned that The EU PS+ does a monthly outlook. Why dont you guys? I would WAY prefer to see what I can expect for the month instead of this wait and “be surprised.”

+ The_Dukenator on December 3rd, 2012 at 9:45 pm said:

@431 Considering that there is a bundle available for it from PS Store and that one DLC is already free.

@422 Same, except I already own the disc.

+ The_Dukenator on December 3rd, 2012 at 9:48 pm said:

@433 Check out the first page of comments. It was mentioned about doing monthly rather than weekly, but there are things to consider before switching over.

+ Fardeenah on December 3rd, 2012 at 9:52 pm said:

i really hope the vita owners gets mortal Kombat on the vita this month just like the EU ps plus members…

+ smoothboarder540 on December 3rd, 2012 at 9:57 pm said:

Everyone needs to stop responding to PrimeroIncognito. He’s just a troll. Did anyone else notice how he just dropped in here with some condescending and disrespectful comment. He was just begging for someone to argue with. And you guys are just enabling him. I just find it sad that someone claiming to be over 30 comes on here to argue with a bunch of 15 year-olds.

+ StrykerINF_1_23 on December 3rd, 2012 at 10:07 pm said:

There’s enough whine in here to fill a cask. Aged to bitterness! Sign up for EU Plus and go complain over there. I swear most of you people complain more than you play games. Posers!

+ mcbuttz78 on December 3rd, 2012 at 10:13 pm said:

@434 because nothing is certain from my understanding. The sales forcast is faster and easier to do on weekly basis than a monthly. Which means alot stuff is coming through the offices there i suppose. Also this mean faster service to the customer, kinda like retial stores does with newpapers sales which is very good thing btw. With a monthly sales you lose more sales than you make and offer less, with a weekly sale cost are low, you make more and becuase you can offer more faster every week with more variety to make up alost of sale the last week, its just smart buisness.

Nothing is a guareented sale, Example; If i offerd something you didnt want all month long, i lose money and you lose entertaiment for a whole month.. but i if offred 4 diffrent things in month( a new thing every week) . not only will that keep you coming back i can make sale from you. it just smart buisness.. which is good for the buyer not just the seller. we can build a buisness relationship better.

mcbuttz78
vp psn legionairee group

+ PrimeroIncognito on December 3rd, 2012 at 10:15 pm said:

“Everyone needs to stop responding to PrimeroIncognito. Did anyone else notice how he just dropped in here with some condescending and disrespectful comment.”

And look what you just did. Wow. We got another genius here.

“He’s just a troll”

You’re right about that. I’m the guy that trolls the trolls. I’m the troll troller. You trolls bring it on yourself and you get mad when I serve your crap right back to you. Hilarous. But you’re obviously still mad about the last time we had a chat and I thoroughly dismantled your argument. Sorry I embarrassed you, but you shouldn’t have stepped up in the first place.

Bottom line is you whiners are in the wrong and you know it but you don’t have the stones to admit it. Do you honestly thinking crying to Sony about some imaginary mistreatment is making you look good?

+ PrimeroIncognito on December 3rd, 2012 at 10:18 pm said:

And Sevyne, dude, would you just stop please. Just stop. You’re not even close.

+ death_by_wabbit on December 3rd, 2012 at 10:25 pm said:

“I’m the guy that trolls the trolls. I’m the troll troller.”

too bad you suck at it

+ death_by_wabbit on December 3rd, 2012 at 10:29 pm said:

@ mcbuttz78

I knew that they were getting in EU last Thu but they don’t let us know till today. I agree that a weekly posing is easier but they could be more forthcoming and a bit more timely

+ onard00 on December 3rd, 2012 at 10:29 pm said:

Puddle would be a nice buy.
Yeah How come EU is getting way better games for PS Plus..

Why not they be the same and not match..They had like 3 or so awesome free PS Plus games last month and the month before.

+ sovietprince on December 3rd, 2012 at 10:33 pm said:

where the ps1 classics

+ sab_krit on December 3rd, 2012 at 10:38 pm said:

@332 and as per Red dead redemption theory of urs, it is not 60% to 30% it is 2.19 million to 1.93 million which is 43.2% to 38% from where you got 60% to 30%. Kids these days have a lot of imaginative powers could have worked on other kids but for me your are silly.

+ death_by_wabbit on December 3rd, 2012 at 10:39 pm said:

@sovietprince

“where the ps1 classics”

For the PSVita you mean? I was wondering about that too. Also, they need to start making more PSP games compatible in the US. Hate to sound like a broken record but once again EU is getting better treatment.

+ PrimeroIncognito on December 3rd, 2012 at 10:41 pm said:

“too bad you suck at it”

Actually, you just don’t realize just how good I am.

And if it’s not that, then it could only be that you can’t bring yourself to admit the obvious. It’s not even that much of a challenge to destroy you people’s arguments. The holes is your arguments are so large that I could fly a 747 through them.

+ PrimeroIncognito on December 3rd, 2012 at 10:50 pm said:

“Hate to sound like a broken record”

No you don’t. You love it. That’s why you keep doing it. “EU gets better treatment! WAAAAA!”

Move to Europe, or don’t renew Plus NA. Choose one.

Stop tainting this place with all your STUPID complaints over NOTHING. It’s sickening. Absolutely sickening. There are little children starving to death in the world. Wars are destroying families. People are losing their homes, jobs, etc. And here you are, old man, whining about the selection of VIDEO GAMES being provided to you through an INEXPENSIVE and completely VOLUNTARY program. If you could only see just how disgusting that is…

Appalling. Disturbing. Disheartening. Atrocious. Pathetic.

Complaining about VIDEO GAMES for Christ’s sake! VIDEO GAMES!!!

Go walk off a cliff!