PS4-The Order

The Drop: Week of December 10th 2012 New Releases

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar + Posted by Rey Gutierrez on Dec 09, 2012 // Senior Social Media Specialist

Fast-paced twin-stick shooter Big Sky: Infinity delivers insanely intense and unique experiences designed to push you to the edge of your abilities and the edge of your seat on PS3 and PS Vita. And from the twisted and brilliant mind of Suda 51 comes Black Knight Sword, a platforming adventure with an unprecedented visual style. Then travel back in time to a medieval Chinese city in the adventure game Judge Dee: The City God Case.

Enjoy this week The Drop.

Big Sky: Infinity (PS3/PS Vita) – This twin-stick shooter features randomly generated, dynamic gameplay that adapts based on your performance — the better you play, the more extreme Big Sky Infinity becomes! With 12 energetic game modes to choose from, get ready to transform your ship into an unstoppable drilling machine, so powerful it can blast through entire planets!

Black Knight Sword – Black Knight Sword is a retro side-scrolling adventure featuring surreal, dream-like graphics with a look and feel unlike anything else. In this fresh, modern and interactive take on the classic fairy tale, The Black Knight treks through a dark and mysterious world filled with whimsical and memorable creatures to kill the dark princess and ending her reign of terror.Slash, platform and puzzle your way through this unique title with each level more bizarre and intriguing than the last.

Ben 10: Omniverse – In Ben 10: Omniverse, players can play as both Young and Teen Ben, switch forms between 13 playable alien heroes, including new aliens like Bloxx and Gravattack, and fight in an assortment of action-packed levels throughout the subterranean alien city of Undertown and other show-inspired locales. In Ben: 10 Omniverse, Rook will also star in the game come equipped with a Proto-Tool, a swiss army knife of the future, that can transform into a variety of weapons that will bring a whole new dimension to combat.

Judge Dee: The City of God Case – Judge Dee, the newly appointed magistrate of Yiwang prefect, travels to an isolated town in his new jurisdiction to find that the mayor’s son has fallen unconscious and became deathly ill. Suspecting foul play, Judge Dee starts investigating. Help him uncover the truth behind the town’s dark secret, its corrupt officials and the true cause of the mysterious illness in this beautiful Hidden Object Adventure game.

Mix Superstar – Think you can be the next big music star? Well now you’ve got all the tools right at your fingertips with Mix Superstar. Create, mix and record your own royalty-free musical masterpieces right on your PS3. There are over 1,000 Dance, Hip Hop and Techno loops included across multiple instruments like Drum, Bass, Synth, Guitar and even voice tracks.

Demos

• Big Sky: Infinity
  • Black Knight Sword
  • Mix Superstar

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2 Classic) – The follow-up to Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. This time around, developer Rockstar North and publisher Rockstar take players to the state of San Andreas.

[Editor’s Note: The following dates are subject to change. Game details are gathered from Press Releases, Retail Descriptions, from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]

146 Comments

+ ike724 on December 9th, 2012 at 6:43 pm said:

SAN ANDREAS !!!!! NOW ALL WE NEED IS MANHUNT AND NARC AND IT WILL BE A REAL PARTY!!!!!!

+ Xnightwish on December 9th, 2012 at 6:47 pm said:

@44 you should just do what I started doing and don’t even bother looking forward to free plus stuff…it’s been nothing but disappointment for the US customers and absolute awesomeness for the European customers for like…a year..but odds are we’ll get some horrible psn game this week

+ ishralene09 on December 9th, 2012 at 6:49 pm said:

@1 STHU man Square already announced a KH1.5 HD remake, includes 3 games. Wait on that.

+ shmagegy on December 9th, 2012 at 6:57 pm said:

It’s sad that Sony isn’t putting on anything good, they were doing well last year, and now no good demos, DLC,movies, and games. It’s strange? hopefully before Christmas break they got something good?

+ Ryumoau on December 9th, 2012 at 6:59 pm said:

meh really weak drop. Not interested in San Andreas unless its an HD remake with trophies. Interested to see what the 2 free Plus Games are.

+ Arliman on December 9th, 2012 at 7:03 pm said:

Go, Crisis Core!

+ luis741596382 on December 9th, 2012 at 7:08 pm said:

GTA: San andreas is coming for vita?

+ TylerTheDestroye on December 9th, 2012 at 7:09 pm said:

#1, you should really talk to Square-Enix about that.
#46, every game needs a DEMO. Every new (and I mean NEW- not PS classics) game should have one, and it should be released BEFORE the game- not the same day, not a week later- a week BEFORE, at least.

Also, let me just say something about all these impatient people posting comments saying “we want this game compatible on Vita. We want this classic. We want Kingdom Hearts eleventy and a half Super-Drop-Your-Eye-Balls-Sexy-Ultra-High Definition Remix on PS7 and PSPortibleBatComputer.” You don’t work at Sony. You don’t know what’s going on inside their offices. I don’t either, but I would assume they’re working on some sort of schedule, and each region has its own schedule. You need to be patient with these people. They’re humans, working hard to give you all toys for Christmas. Not machines.

+ Dr_Demonizer on December 9th, 2012 at 7:10 pm said:

uhhg

+ Dr_Demonizer on December 9th, 2012 at 7:10 pm said:

I’m a Playstation Plus subscriber but they charged me 19.99 for the download… not cool

+ altair04 on December 9th, 2012 at 7:18 pm said:

Really rockstar!…Why can’t we get the HD treatment for San Andreas
with trophys. I still have my origanial copy and believe me it didn’t look
as good running in my ps3. It could use the HD boost !

+ Ryumoau on December 9th, 2012 at 7:22 pm said:

@57 agreed. Sony should make it mandatory for every psn game to have a demo released. Microsoft has had that implimented even back when i used the 360 years ago.

+ Liquid_Snack on December 9th, 2012 at 7:26 pm said:

As much as i love sony, it feels like they are shafting US users in terms of content, xD

+ B-I-G-_-R-O-B on December 9th, 2012 at 7:42 pm said:

psn needs to refund me for alice madness returns ultimate edition before i make another store purchase

+ B-I-G-_-R-O-B on December 9th, 2012 at 7:42 pm said:

i purchased alice madness returns ultimate edition and didn’t recieve my american mcgees alice dlc this is how psn shows customer appreciation by stealing from us this makes no sense for them not to fix this problem asap an i want GTA San Andreas but they might steal my 10 bucks so no more purchases for me thanks psn.

+ Broman_YZ on December 9th, 2012 at 7:44 pm said:

Did anyone NOT receive their email for the “spend $60 get $10 back” promo?
I did not receive my $10,
Could a SEN rep point me in the right direction, please and thank you

+ Pabloo1010 on December 9th, 2012 at 7:44 pm said:

Believe it or not but I’ve never played a single GTA game, so Tuesday will be a good time to start. Nice warm up for GTA V.

+ Dantexl on December 9th, 2012 at 7:47 pm said:

Black Knight Sword!!!! hell yeah!!!!! I waiting for this game so long, the art is impresive, a very great and original work, thanks for this. Every one need to give a chance to this game.

+ Ryumoau on December 9th, 2012 at 7:52 pm said:

@67 i’ll try the demo but not buying it if its over $9.99. I haven’t been a fan of any of Suda 51′s previous games.

+ Ryumoau on December 9th, 2012 at 7:55 pm said:

Europe is getting Big Sky Infinite, so for once i’m actually hoping we don’t get a game they have. It looks incredibly generic and boring. don’t want our free game slot wasted on a cheap stick shooter psn title.

+ jellis2851 on December 9th, 2012 at 7:57 pm said:

Where is wake up club? we were told in the summer we’d have it but its now december. what gives?

+ nolo451 on December 9th, 2012 at 7:58 pm said:

lol @ BuM87, you get way too hurt over this. Does it make you at least a TINY bit happy knowing I’m content?

:P

+ nolo451 on December 9th, 2012 at 8:00 pm said:

“I’m a mouth breather and think Sony is shafting the U.S. and they are out to give us the worst possible games on purpose and they are laughing at us”

Guess I have these types of comments to look forward to each week. So funny seeing these types of comments.

+ spocar on December 9th, 2012 at 8:01 pm said:

Are you planning on putting Crash Bandicooot the Warth of Cortex or Crash Twinsanity? those should be in the PS2 classics.

+ Nick930930 on December 9th, 2012 at 8:12 pm said:

Please release the following :

-Tony Hawk Underground
-Tony Hawk Underground 2
-Tony Hawk American Wasteland

PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

+ BuM87 on December 9th, 2012 at 8:52 pm said:

@nolo451 im glad you like it at least someone get happy with it but its not paying for me, where i liv3e the vendors charge extra for the psn cards i pay like 75 $ for a 50 $ card so im pretty pissed off but hey if it works for you great! it sure doesn’t work for me not going to renew and i looking at cfw with lust in my eyes right now lol, not going to get it because i love my mp and im to proud of my trophy list to get banned

+ kountkrackula on December 9th, 2012 at 8:53 pm said:

The one games that I want to be one a drop is Phantasy Star Universe for ps2 plus the expansion Ambition of the Illuminus. Is that to much to hope for I would love an HD remake of this game an I would pay 59.99 for the both of them (I would prefer to pay less, but would go all out for this game).

+ Dookykong on December 9th, 2012 at 8:57 pm said:

@6 lol i converted like 6 people only one is b****** about game update installs, if i gave him a ps+ trial i think he’ll shut up. 2 bought vita’s 4 bought ps3′s 1 doesn’t know if he wants another xbox or if he should get a vita or ps3… i think i got em.

+ thebiglouie on December 9th, 2012 at 8:57 pm said:

What’s up with San Andreas in the post? All but two lines about the game are now gone from the post.

+ shb23 on December 9th, 2012 at 9:00 pm said:

Preview video for Big Sky Infinity shows it is intended to be part of the IGC at the end, congrats to those people interested in this sort of game.

+ BuM87 on December 9th, 2012 at 9:25 pm said:

@79 dont get hope so high about it its the exact same video of th EU blog

+ BuM87 on December 9th, 2012 at 9:33 pm said:

here you can see it http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/11/28/playstation-plus-your-december-content/

+ blakseed on December 9th, 2012 at 9:37 pm said:

SA is the best GTA (imo). Since I don’t have it on disk anymore, I might have to scoop that up.

+ saab01 on December 9th, 2012 at 9:41 pm said:

Its nice to see that Big Sky Infinity is the next Plus game for this week. I like when new releases are given to us plus members. I just hope that the 3rd game given to us is also something of interest and something that I don’t have.

+ antper08 on December 9th, 2012 at 9:48 pm said:

When are we gonna get GOW Ascension beta?

+ shb23 on December 9th, 2012 at 9:48 pm said:

@ #80 BuM87

omg that would be funny, it turns out to be EU only and gives rise to a PSN update blog that is 96% crying about content and comparison’s to SCEU instead the usual 92%.

+ BuM87 on December 9th, 2012 at 9:52 pm said:

did you suscribe to the beta before 7th?

+ MyrequeArk on December 9th, 2012 at 10:10 pm said:

I surely hope they don’t give us Big Sky: Infinity, not my cuppa tea =(

I’d like to know if there’s gonna be a Black Knight Sword demo next week, I’m always interested in some Suda51 madness, but something is holding me off on this one…

+ bamahollis88 on December 9th, 2012 at 10:33 pm said:

I really wouldn’t care if EU got Big Sky Infinity and the US didn’t, I don’t care for games that are just like PC flash games. I don’t see the point in buying games like that; I have played at least a dozen of them on my computer for free.

+ BuM87 on December 9th, 2012 at 10:39 pm said:

it depends, i only care if they give us somthing worse than it like swords and sandals

+ I_Wish_U_WuD on December 9th, 2012 at 10:43 pm said:

GTA: San Andreas YES YES YES YES YES YES . THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ iREVOLTER on December 10th, 2012 at 12:00 am said:

Ooooh well, thanks for this, at least we have new releases.

+ Daniel_the_Jew on December 10th, 2012 at 12:29 am said:

Really trying not to get my hopes up with San Andreas. As much as I want to look forward to it (it is my favorite GTA), when GTA III was first announced for the PSN, it got pulled at the last minute. So I wouldn’t be surprised to see a similar situation here. Especially since Vice City hasn’t been released yet, although for all we know, that might be due to copyright issues due to the music.

+ PsychoSploosh69 on December 10th, 2012 at 1:02 am said:

I don’t think they skipped vice city due to licensing issues. R* just released GTA VC 10th anniversary edition on mobile devices dec 6, so maybe R* told sony to hold off on releasing VC for now and release SA instead? R* has been hinting at more to come around xmas, so maybe a 10th anniversary sony version is being planned since it was originally a sony title? It said the mobile version has an improved main character model as well as better controls and textures or something. I just hope it’s not a misprint like max payne 2 being the original instead.

+ DarkDoc23 on December 10th, 2012 at 1:33 am said:

@13 Actually, from what I’ve heard, it’s more about Disney than Square-Enix. Square has released several of their games digitally (FF-CC being the exception). Apparently Disney doesn’t want anything with Disney in it released digitally because of pirating.

+ PrinceofXIII on December 10th, 2012 at 1:41 am said:

Black Night Sword!!!!!!

+ SoraNeroSerrah on December 10th, 2012 at 3:08 am said:

@93 that is a silly comment. Brave, Toy Story, Bolt, Cars 2, Litlle Mermaid, etc. all digital. The reason we don’t get KH is because most Americans play Shooters like Mass Effect and call them RPG’s thus real RPG’s don’t sell well here. Great games like FF 13 and FF 13-2 are critically bashed by americans evn though they are far better than crap like Skyrim and Mass Effect.

+ BuM87 on December 10th, 2012 at 3:21 am said:

if you said ni no kuni or maybe ff xii your argument could get stronger since ff xiii is the worst in the series by far in my opinion, by the way totaly agree, mass efect? an rpg? lmao… skyrim was a real dissapointment for me,to simple, they took every rpg element of the series and make it call of duty with swords, i loved new vegas best game bethesda worked on since elder scrolls 2 and 3, ibeg for a xeno gears or chrono chross remake or maybe a tales of the abyss hd a metal max game, somthing, persona5 wold be a nice surprise to

+ I_M_CODE_RED on December 10th, 2012 at 3:39 am said:

Got up this morning, grabbed a nice cup of hot coffee, seen this drop, and laughed my butt off.

+ nanotyzon on December 10th, 2012 at 3:46 am said: