Final Fantasy XV

Dec 09

Dec 09

The Last of Us On PS3 May 7th, 2013: Pre-order Bonuses, New Trailer Revealed

Arne Meyer's Avatar Posted by Director of Communications, Naughty Dog

The Last of Us on PS3

It has been a big weekend for us here at Naughty Dog. We revealed a brand new trailer for The Last of Us at the Spike Video Game Awards on Friday along with the most important news for any fan – that The Last of Us will be released on May 7th, 2013!

This is our second trailer release and our first since announcing The Last of Us at least year’s VGA show. If you didn’t catch the show when it aired live or the Spike video stream, you can watch the full, uncensored trailer at the top of this post. We’ve tried to keep the trailer as spoiler-free as possible, while giving you some hints at the tense, emotional narrative the development team has crafted for The Last of Us.

That’s not all – we are also excited to announce details on the bonus content you can get for pre-ordering your copy of The Last of Us. Participating retailers will offer the Sights and Sounds Pack, which includes:

• The official soundtrack of the game
  • A PS3 dynamic theme featuring the cover art
  • Two avatars for your PSN profile – Winter Joel and Winter Ellie

The Last of Us on PS3: Sights & Sounds PackThe Last of Us on PS3: Survival Pack

We’ve also worked with GameStop to provide exclusive bonus content in addition to the Sights and Sounds Pack. Pre-ordering at GameStop also nets you the Survival Pack, which includes:

• Bonus experience points for multiplayer
  • A multiplayer melee attack booster
  • Some extra starting in-game cash
  • Special customizable character items for multiplayer
  • Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign

Multiplayer, wha? We’re not quite ready to talk about it yet, but stay tuned as we’ll be revealing more details on multiplayer before The Last of Us is released on May 7th, 2013.

The team here is pumped to head into the home stretch to finish The Last of Us. We can’t wait to show you more in the coming months!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 5

Butters360 said:

December 9th, 8:06 pm

Thank you Naughty Dog!!!

mafia28 said:

December 9th, 8:07 pm

Nice the game looks really good, is there any chance for a collector’s edition?

Thanks and continue the great work!

December 9th, 10:30 pm

Still working out if we will have a collector’s edition or not. Keep your fingers crossed!

LJ94 said:

December 9th, 8:07 pm

This game looks jaw dropping. I can’t wait to play it.

December 9th, 10:30 pm

Thanks, glad you like what we’ve shown so far!

spocar said:

December 9th, 8:08 pm

I can’t wait to play this game!!.

spocar said:

December 9th, 8:09 pm

One more thing Naughty Dog, you guys are the BEST!!.

freshprincepbg said:

December 9th, 8:09 pm

Gahhh you guys are killing me not talking about the multi-playyer!!

Is that the final box-art? I like it!!

Can’t wait til May 7th, looks fantastic guys!!

December 9th, 10:31 pm

Yes, this is the final box art for TLOU.

Jakintosh said:

December 9th, 8:09 pm

I remember when I made a fake box art for this game the night it was announced, and it ended up on news sites as a leak lol. Besides the new image, mine wasn’t even that much different haha. Anyway, I’m glad we’ve got release details now, this is gonna be great!

Nick930930 said:

December 9th, 8:09 pm

Looks great guys! I hope you stick to only a single player so it can be the best experience possible. I really don’t want a multiplayer for this please.

Zacky-V-A7X said:

December 9th, 8:10 pm

Awesome can’t wait my game of the forever!!!!!!!!! Naughty GODS you are the BEST!!!!!.

Nick930930 said:

December 9th, 8:10 pm

Nevermind.. multiplayer clearly has already crawled its way into this title too.

BlueBl1zzard said:

December 9th, 8:13 pm

Multiplayer you say? Some people are probably going to be upset to hear that, but I enjoyed uncharted’s multiplayer and have faith in Naughty Dog to do a good job in this too. I’ll probably preorder this soon, and from here on out I’m gonna try to do a media blackout but that may be harder than it sounds (and it sounds pretty hard).

Zezzler said:

December 9th, 8:13 pm

Multi-Player!? Why haven’t you shown anything about that yet?
I’ve seen more than enough singleplayer/story content to convince me on that side of it. Now convince me that multi-player will be worth playing!

December 9th, 10:32 pm

We’ll talk about MP and show more when we feel it’s ready. Stay tuned!

somebignasty said:

December 9th, 8:15 pm

Anything on a possible collectors/limited edition? I’d love to put it next to my Uncharted 3 CE!

December 9th, 10:32 pm

Mentioned it earlier – still working on if we will, cross your fingers!

Xcaligamer1 said:

December 9th, 8:16 pm

multiplayer? bit of a surprise i guess…not a complete surprise i guess since last 2 uncharted gamed has mp…was addicted to 2s mp but i was nocturnal then lol. never touched 3s.. Even with mp, i’m sure the single player will be good

nsnsmj said:

December 9th, 8:16 pm

Awesome, finally a direct-feed trailer. Game looks so good. Now if only I had a working PS3.

langdon said:

December 9th, 8:16 pm

I’ve had it pre-ordered since August (<3 NewEgg)! Can't wait (<3 Naught Dog)!

Hayterfan said:

December 9th, 8:16 pm

Coop?

December 9th, 10:41 pm

Not telling yet!

MakoSOLIDER said:

December 9th, 8:18 pm

Thank you! A little late in the evening (right b4 bed in EST) but I’m very excited. Can’t wait to hear more.

JimmyHACK said:

December 9th, 8:20 pm

OH MY!!!

C_Dalke said:

December 9th, 8:21 pm

Any info on a Collector’s Edition? I don’t want to preorder the regular unless I know for sure if there is one.

December 9th, 10:41 pm

Not at this time, we’re still working out if we will have one. Although you could switch preorders if we do manage to work it out, I think?

zachman3000 said:

December 9th, 8:21 pm

Will we be able to download that trailer in glorious HD come the store update Tuesday?

I’d kill for an HD version on my PS3. Game looks fantastic.

December 9th, 10:42 pm

I don’t believe so, but it will be available via the PSN store in the future.

playnation said:

December 9th, 8:22 pm

Naughty Dog had always been my favorite developer but you guys turned it up a notch by releasing The Last Of Us on MY BIRTHDAY!!!! and im forever going to act like it was intencional lol

snakeeyes211 said:

December 9th, 8:22 pm

I not only reserved it at GameStop but I all ready have it paid off so this is awesome news to me thanks for the bonus content :-)

December 9th, 10:43 pm

Ha, well we appreciate the support a lot! Can’t wait to release it into your hands.

ZERO_169 said:

December 9th, 8:25 pm

giggity giggity

bshs09 said:

December 9th, 8:26 pm

Gah, I am so excited!!! Naughty Dog is my favorite developer. I love a studio with a focus on story.

angelspawn77 said:

December 9th, 8:27 pm

Game looks fantastic, and wow MP? Wonder how that will work, I doubt it will be like Uncharted with the running and gunning since this is a survival game, hopefully it has a unique and fun spin to it. This is definitely a must buy for me.

Godchild1020 said:

December 9th, 8:27 pm

Will this game get a digital release on may 7th?

I am really looking forward to this game next year. My anticipation level for this game is far above GTA V and I wish this game would have won Most Anticipated game at the VGAs.

December 9th, 10:45 pm

No plans yet on a digital release. We’ll let you know if that changes.

supvic said:

December 9th, 8:29 pm

Is multiplayer the reason this game is delayed til May? I’m sure the campaign is done by now!

December 9th, 10:45 pm

Delayed? The game was never delayed, we never had a release date. We were actually targeting spring 2013 for quite some time, we just kept it secret!

texas_ride said:

December 9th, 8:29 pm

i dont care for multiplayer. hopefully it doesnt take away from development of single player.

D-Squad3 said:

December 9th, 8:32 pm

2013 GOTY!!! Collector’s Edition? I would buy it in a heartbeat.

D_Flame94 said:

December 9th, 8:32 pm

Going to pre order this tomorrow!!!!!!

Chaoz said:

December 9th, 8:32 pm

Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! There is nothing else to say! I am so excited for this game! Pre-Order bonuses, cover art, and confirmation of multiplayer! When will we learn more about the multiplayer?

December 9th, 10:47 pm

Not yet – sometime before we release the game. Ha – hopefully soon, we’re still working on it and working out how we want to discuss our MP plans.

GrayWolf323 said:

December 9th, 8:32 pm

any chance of The Last of Us being available digitally on PSN as well?

December 9th, 10:48 pm

No plans yet, but we’re still talking about it. We’ll let you know.

I_Montano_I said:

December 9th, 8:33 pm

Multiplayer? Are you kidding me…this is a joke. I am seriously considering not buying this now. I absolutely hate tacked-on mp garbage especially in such a SP orientated game like this.

December 9th, 10:48 pm

We don’t approach MP in any of our games as tacked on. And we also always have separate teams working on the different components so that we can maintain full focus on making SP and MP up to our standards.

whatisdelicious said:

December 9th, 8:34 pm

If I pre-order on PSN, will I get the Sights and Sounds Pack? Also, when can I pre-order on PSN?

December 9th, 10:49 pm

Right now we won’t have a PSN pre-order. That may change, as we’re still working on if we can get a digital release done. Stay tuned.

whatisdelicious said:

December 9th, 8:35 pm

Also, whyyyy does this have multiplayer? It seems like it’d be so tonally divergent from the single-player.

DarkVincent07 said:

December 9th, 8:38 pm

I’m incredibly excited for this game… but like… why the HELL even add multiplayer.

There are more games that I can count that have a tacked on half baked MP component that don’t need it at all/ are hardly a selling point.

Stupid move, show some faith in your own game. I’m SURE the SP stands on its own…

December 9th, 10:51 pm

And we have faith that our MP will stand on it’s own. If we felt like it would be tacked on, we wouldn’t have added it. We want all our game experiences to be of the highest quality and that’s what we work extremely hard to deliver.

Rafa_Killers said:

December 9th, 8:39 pm

THE GOTY OF US *———–*
Brasil loves you, Naughty GOD! And we already love the game too. :)

Sony BRASIL bring the pre-order bonus to Brasil too, pleeeease!!! Make a Big Event like God of War 3 and Uncharted 3 was.

December 9th, 10:56 pm

We’ll make sure our colleagues in Brasil know you’re interested in these pre-order bonuses.

D-Squad3 said:

December 9th, 8:40 pm

Great box art btw!

December 9th, 10:56 pm

Thanks! Glad you like it!

Pikmologist said:

December 9th, 8:41 pm

I have it pre-ordered at Gamestop, I’ve had the game pre-ordered since last December. Do I get everything in the Survival Pack and the Sight and Sounds pack? I’m happy to have a release date and I can’t wait to play this in May!

December 9th, 11:02 pm

Yes, you should be able to get the pre-order bonus packs even if you had already pre-ordered it.

packy17 said:

December 9th, 8:41 pm

I ask this every time it happens… Why, for the love of all that is holy, do publishers make exclusive deals with GameStop? They single-handedly created the need for online passes by making millions off of used games. Some of us don’t like to shop there on principle (and that’s not the only reason to not want to shop there – getting PowerUp Rewards pushed on you at every sale, ugh…). Preorder bonuses are totally fine, but it sucks when it’s exclusive to a retailer or retailers.

xHeavYx said:

December 9th, 8:41 pm

Is there going to be a statue like the UC3 collectors edition?

December 9th, 11:03 pm

No details on if there’s a collector’s edition. We’re still working out if we will offer one. Stay tuned, we’ll let you know if that changes.

justins123456 said:

December 9th, 8:42 pm

@34 People said the same thing about uncharted 2 and yet the games single player was brilliant and multiplayer was great. Have faith in Naughty Dog they have proven they dont just tack on stuff. I am confident it will have an interesting spin on multiplayer and naughty dog wont let us down. LAST OF US GOTY 2013

December 9th, 11:04 pm

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

D-Squad3 said:

December 9th, 8:42 pm

And lol @ people hating on MP before they have even showed it.

This is NAUGHTY DOG we’re talking about! Give them some credit, remember when multiplayer was announced for Uncharted 2? People doubted that too and that turned out to be a great multiplayer experience.

If you don’t want the multiplayer then don’t play it, simple as that. I’m 100% certain that the multiplayer of this game does NOT compromise the single player aspect.

truongtantai said:

December 9th, 8:43 pm

i dont like bonus content ,what about content for amazon ,play-asia,bla bla bla ,i spend 60$ and have nothing if i dont buy it on gamespot ?

December 9th, 11:04 pm

No, there are a bunch of participating retailers who will offer the Sights and Sounds Pack.

truongtantai said:

December 9th, 8:44 pm

gamestop

I_Montano_I said:

December 9th, 8:44 pm

@43 Uncharted 2/3 multiplayer is the worst pile of steaming crap I’ve ever played in my life. No way am I supporting that extraneous trash. Buying it used once it’s available. Yeah I’ll have faith in SP not MP, ever, anymore.

Chaoz said:

December 9th, 8:46 pm

Don’t think multiplayer is tacked on! Uncharted 2 and 3 both had solid MP experiences. This is a extremely talented team and they know how to drive a single player story driven campaign and make exceptional multiplayer experiences. Dont hate what you dont know!

somebignasty said:

December 9th, 8:47 pm

@41, please go complain somewhere else. The people at my GameStop are awesome and just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean the millions of customers they get a year don’t like it. And Powerup Rewards is pretty cool, try getting the free one, they said you still get points you just don’t get the Game Informers.

derp_derp_derp said:

December 9th, 8:48 pm

“Multiplayer” Oh God no…

I really don’t mind having a multiplayer mode. What I do mind is skimping out on the single player experience so there’s more time to build a mediocre multiplayer mode.

I predict the multiplayer mode for this game will go exactly the same way Uncharted 3 did. It’ll have almost nobody playing it. Some people will decide to give it a try but they will be hammered flat into the ground by people who already know where all the powerful weapons are, have good knowledge of the maps , and have all the best boosters unlocked.

December 9th, 11:06 pm

TLOU has been in preproduction and production for quite some time – the SP portion of the game hasn’t been skimped out on in any way.

PAGE 1 2 3 5