Bloodborne

PlayStation Plus: Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Dec 10, 2012 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

This week PlayStation Plus continues the piping hot delivery of updates to keep you warm this December. Last week, you took the plunge into the underwater world of Rapture with BioShock 2 joining the Instant Game Collection. This week, you’ll be busting out your shoryukens and controlling gravity with two great games: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition and Rochard!

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access.

December 11th PlayStation Plus Update

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (PS3)

Free for Plus members

Street Fighter IV was already a bonafide hit when it ushered in a new era of 2D fighters. Take that winning formula, refine and balance one of the best fighting game engines, add four new characters (Yun, Yang, Evil Ryu, and Oni), take part in new online modes and you’ve got one of the most complete fighting game packages ever. See you online; I’ll be the guy using this handy guide to my all time favorite fighting game character.
Rochard (PS3)

Free for Plus members

A PSN gem, Rochard brings fantastic puzzle-platforming in the form of taking control of astro-miner John Rochard. Though a humble premise it may be, you’ll be addicted to the gravity control mechanics of Rochard as you solve environmental puzzles and explore new ways to navigate the wonderful trappings of this galactic platformer. It’s a PSN exclusive that, if you missed, you should definitely make the time to play. You can read more on the game from the PlayStation Blog’s coverage. Please note, this title will only be available free in Plus for one week.

That’s it for this week’s update, and remember that the above updates will be in effect once the PlayStation Store updates on December 11th; usually between the times of 2:00pm – 5:00pm PST. Also, for those wondering, we do have PS Vita games on the way in December that will add to the already great library of content on PS Vita Plus. Watch for those to be announced in this space later this month.

What content do you find most compelling for this update?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Please remember to jump in to the PlayStation Community Forums in the Plus space where you’ll find threads (or start your own!) to discuss Plus. Of course, leave your thoughts here as well and remember, giving specific feedback is always the best course. Enjoy the update, and see you in the comments.

Get PlayStation Plus

PlayStation Plus 12-11-2012

PAGE 1 12 13 14 15

+ YungShep on December 11th, 2012 at 10:47 am said:

@637 valid point. i wouldnt mind a rpg game either…that’s honestly what the IGC is missing. we got fighting/sports/arcade/strategy/rts/3D/action/adventure/fps and rpg is seriously missing from the list…

Morgan :) RPG :) that’s all i ask..

some would argue that Bordelands is a rpg game..but i paid for that..got the discounts on the dlc though with ps+

+ BlueBl1zzard on December 11th, 2012 at 10:48 am said:

@Moofboy #367 I guess that’s understandable but like someone else said there aren’t many RPGs on PSN to begin with, unless you meant retail games.. You should be more specific and probably throw out some suggestions for RPGs you would like to see (although if we got some, I’m sure there would still be people complaining).

+ Moofboy on December 11th, 2012 at 10:49 am said:

@YungShep: Definitely RPG elements, but hands down FPS. Sort of like the love child of FPS and RPG if FPS was the dominant… nevermind.

+ chunterosa on December 11th, 2012 at 10:49 am said:

wow, it must be nice to have the luxery of lots of money and choices in your life.

i live in a small town.
we don’t have rentals, i dont have a credit card, i have the choice between 2 internet service providers, both HORRIBLE, i have 60 gig bandwidth limit per month, and my other option is more money and less width. so excuse me if i have to make some choices regarding what i download.

+ Moofboy on December 11th, 2012 at 10:51 am said:

@646: I don’t care which it is, retail or psn. All I am saying is that the genre is being neglected. I don’t think tossing out titles helps much since it seems to be totally random or a promotion of some type. And yes, people would still complain! :)

+ peanut0423 on December 11th, 2012 at 11:03 am said:

I heard GTA: San Andreas was going to be available today. I really hope its true.

+ DARTH_VANDIEL on December 11th, 2012 at 11:03 am said:

@636: Sup bro! I totally agree whit u. KOA would be a tremendous asset on psn plus. And for all the ppl wishing/asking for a Rpg… Count me in! FF XIII or Tales of Vesperia have been out there a long time ago and it must not be so dificult to obtain them for the IGC. Cheers to sony and psn plus.

+ sincrin on December 11th, 2012 at 11:06 am said:

how about some old ps2 classics such as final fantasy, max payne, recently released mass effect 1.
and how about getting pandora for the ps3 and espn 3!!
Btb, you guys should try to enable the music to run in the background instead of quitting it. for eg, if i m to browse the ps3 store n want music unlimited to keep playing the track i m listening, i should be able to do so instead of quitting it then be able to browse the store. Please release an update!
seriously couple of new games such as crysis, resistance, metal gear solid will go a long way to please people. Hopefully you guys read what we write and take things into consideration.

+ pOcHo_OX on December 11th, 2012 at 11:20 am said:

Dokuro or at least ModNation racing for ps vita please!!!

and please, dont make again the mistake to tell us a games (Big Sky Infinity) is for us too… when its only for EU…

+ TJF588 on December 11th, 2012 at 11:26 am said:

So, had SSFIVAE downloading last night. Stay up all night, check it this morning. 60%. “Well, that’s just the hella slow speed PS3 chugs at,” I figure. Checked it just a bit ago, and it turns out the 60% screen is frozen; even the controller doesn’t respond. After an error check, turns out it picked up where it left off (11 GB). Was afraid there that it’d corrupted. So, hey, that’s another wishlist for functionality: “Verify the integrity of game cache” (or, “check this thing for errors and redownload whatever’s messed up”).

Aside, Street Fighter X Tekken is $12.49 ’til Thursday on Steam, with each side’s alt outfits packs at $3.74.

This is your truest competition, Sony. Microsoft. Even you, Nintendo.

+ V_A_N_D_I_E_L on December 11th, 2012 at 11:27 am said:

I have one question (honestly) for psn staff… when we will see Skyrim available in digital purchase? am asking this because my little brother have the shitbox (lol) and skyrim is available a long time ago for digital purchase. Plz sony!!!! ur service is better!!! I want skyrim at digital price =P.

+ Toddimus144 on December 11th, 2012 at 11:29 am said:

This has to be a joke right.. Two old games in a row..First BioShock 2 which is on sale used for 8 dollars at local game stop. Now this which is also old and I just got used recently for 7 bucks!

Enough of these BS free games.. My PS Plus will not be renewed – just one awful update after another. Well guess I got what a I paid for.. bunch of games I already have. Again you need to offer an alternative game!

+ Rsilver16 on December 11th, 2012 at 11:32 am said:

Is the playstation network gone down just for this I wanted to play black ops 2 zombies and it wouldn’t let me go online because it said Playstationnetwork – Failed so is this why it has gone down for just two games

+ dinkin-flicka on December 11th, 2012 at 11:39 am said:

@Rsilver16 Except it’s not down for me.

+ YungShep on December 11th, 2012 at 11:40 am said:

@662 nah not down, im online on Max Payne 3 right now…playing single player..but i see my friend list fine..

+ TJF588 on December 11th, 2012 at 11:41 am said:

@621 Sin_x3 – Tom Thumb Food Stores adapted that policy to, “The customer might not always be right, but they are still the customer.” Sounds like it more than applies to our eclectic, reactionary bunch.

@657 DARTH_VANDIEL – Oh please, not FFXIII. That game… I’m actually interested in FFXIII-2, but I can’t just LET myself start into it without seeing FFXIII off. I’m in Chapter 11 or 12, but, there’s, there’s just nothing redeeming about it. Anything interesting about it is sequestered away, like the game we got was some spinoff of a richer, fuller JRPG world. I could go for a Tales game, though. Heck, just give us a PlayStation Classic, PS1 or PS2. (Were there ever any full-on RPG experiences in the minis?)

+ marty7044 on December 11th, 2012 at 11:42 am said:

Sorry, but Arkham City would’ve been way cooler.

+ Darewind on December 11th, 2012 at 11:53 am said:

I honestly will not be renewing my playstation plus game rental service.
This is taken from the european playstation blog
“PlayStation Plus subscribers, what a month you have! One of my favourite games of this console generation, Batman Arkham City, is your Game of the Month. You also gain access to the fabulous Vanquish and Limbo, too, which are similarly fabulous!”

The differences between the quality of games being offered throughout the year is obvious.Sony doesn’t value it’s American customer base.Therefore I will not continue to support them with a Playstation Plus subscription and will get all mutliplatform titles on the console of your American competitor.

+ superfunstudio on December 11th, 2012 at 11:57 am said:

Fighting games: do they de-frag my hard drive? And PSN content? Do you dislike me for some reason? I thought we had a little thing going. You remember that I bought a Vita from you, right? It says Sony right on the front. You were gonna try and make me feel better about giving you my business, remember?

+ CosmicDeathPanda on December 11th, 2012 at 12:04 pm said:

: / Eh selection wish i was in Europe…

+ NerdRageQuit on December 11th, 2012 at 12:04 pm said:

You don’t have to be in Europe to subscribe to PSN Plus EU…just saying.

+ ipwnjoo_str8up on December 11th, 2012 at 12:18 pm said:

You don’t need to live in Europe to subscribe to PSN Plus EU…just saying.

+ nolo451 on December 11th, 2012 at 12:18 pm said:

ok chunterosa we get it, you are struggling financially and need to have AAA games. Life sucks, deal with it like we all do.

+ BurntGoliath on December 11th, 2012 at 12:21 pm said:

I finally got a chance to try out Plus membership. I won a month free. It was agreat chance to try it out. Love the cloud saving option and the autodownload feature. The free games looked to really validate the cost. When I saw that Arkham City was coming free to Plus members, I decided then and there I was joining…

Then, I read that was Europe only. That led me to read on. I found comment after comment comparing the US Plus membership to the EU membership. They never get addressed in Blogs or elsewhere. It seems to me the dichotomy of the EU gets Arkham City and US gets Bioshock 2 too obvious to ignore. Then the follow up this week… SFIV…? What? Why the difference? It can’t be explained because of preferences.

Some people are saying “great update”… ? How many other people are watching the Arkham City issue and waiting?

+ YungShep on December 11th, 2012 at 12:29 pm said:

just made it to chapter VII in Max Payne 3…that game has alot of OH SHI* MOMENTS :) has the store updated yet??

+ blakseed on December 11th, 2012 at 1:00 pm said:

Europe envy. I think it’s a new disease sweeping the U.S. PS nation. Hope those guys get better someday. ;/

+ japl0684 on December 11th, 2012 at 1:11 pm said:

OHHHH YEEEAHHHHHH good update, sarcasm:off, Europe got great games like Vanquish, LIMBO, Batman: Arkham City and we only get street fighter?? :O

European plus is BETTER than american plus.

+ thebmxer94 on December 11th, 2012 at 1:21 pm said:

Im kind of disappointed, i do really enjoy my plus subscription, but i dont get why to show SSF IV AE as a full ps3 game when it only is a DLC, capcom makes that clear even on the trailer. I rather see something like “free DLC” even though its playable by itself than try to make it look like as i said, a full ps3 game. By the other hand i think last week game was amazing, i bought the ultimate edition when it came out earlier in this year but i think those are the kind of games makes us happy. I hope Sony doesnt start to make kind of false adverstising on what its given on PS+, its the first time i see something like it and i didnt like it at all.

+ BlueBl1zzard on December 11th, 2012 at 1:23 pm said:

@ BurntGoliath sorry man you’re a little late to the party, probably at least 200 of the other commenters have said the same thing you’re saying. All I can say is if there’s a game you want, instead of hoping it’ll cone to plus, just go buy it. And to answer you’re question about US v. EU, go read the article dinkin-flicka posted (#268) .

@ japl0684 same to you (read above)

+ chunterosa on December 11th, 2012 at 1:42 pm said:

nolo451, you’re obviously not paying attention. i’m pointing out why i’m not getting the damn service anymore, to the people who matter. YOU DO NOT MATTER TO ME. the people who i am giving my money to have provided a forum to which i may provide feedback. you got a problem with that, you can go jump off a roof for all i care.

+ Tsupi_Az on December 11th, 2012 at 1:46 pm said:

PS+ updated in Arizona time zone

+ YungShep on December 11th, 2012 at 1:46 pm said:

well…after looking at all my ps+ games. we did get a rpg game…..Costume Quest…

+ YungShep on December 11th, 2012 at 1:47 pm said:

@679 kool beans!!! thanks im checking now!

+ YungShep on December 11th, 2012 at 1:52 pm said:

HOUSTON! We have no problem in Texas! PS STORE UPDATED IN TEXAS…

+ YungShep on December 11th, 2012 at 2:05 pm said:

ohhhhh dynamic nfl themes!!!! very unexpected!!! TEAM JAGUARS!!

+ japl0684 on December 11th, 2012 at 2:07 pm said:

@BlueBl1zzard European plus is BETTER than american plus.

+ TJF588 on December 11th, 2012 at 2:09 pm said:

AH NOPE, IT TOTALLY CORRUPTED OUT.

Eigh-teen gigs, good grief. Good thing I know our service doesn’t ACTUALLY have usage caps; just a phone call will get the bandwidth open again. But how many hours have I already sat here, trying to get this game up and running, and further HAVE TO run it to buy it, because it’s one of those bass-ackwards Full Game Trials that, aside from tricking Uplay, are pointless on such slow download speeds of such big files: If you’re willing to take the time to install an entire game, you’re prolly sure if you want to pay for it or not.

+ Moofboy on December 11th, 2012 at 2:09 pm said:

@YungShep: There has not been a RPG since the IGC started.

+ japl0684 on December 11th, 2012 at 2:10 pm said:

Next year my subscription will be european.

+ TJF588 on December 11th, 2012 at 2:12 pm said:

Ah, Costume Quest hardly registered in my mind, since I’ve 100%’d it on PSN and Steam before it ever went for freebs. Did get Stacking as part of Plus, though (100%’d that, too, thanks to a Ubisoft sale on its DLC).

But, for a JRPG, it’s rather short. Oh so sweet, but not a sprawling epic of a tale.

+ EZaxess on December 11th, 2012 at 2:13 pm said:

Thank you for listening and responding Morgan Haro. Much appreciated.

+ YungShep on December 11th, 2012 at 2:16 pm said:

@686 ohh..well no, not since IGC.

@688 i also got Stacking from the ps+ deal back then lol. very different, but it offers some intrigue if your into art. i haven’t played Costume Quest much..

+ Moofboy on December 11th, 2012 at 2:31 pm said:

Is Costume Quset good? I was tempted during the Halloween sale, but went with the House of the Dead bundle…

+ Moofboy on December 11th, 2012 at 2:31 pm said:

*Quest

+ YungShep on December 11th, 2012 at 2:37 pm said:

@691 it was free! via ps+ i haven’t played it enough to say yes or no… :/

+ aznhero913 on December 11th, 2012 at 2:54 pm said:

Thanks Morgan for updating us with the GARBAGE free game of the week….

Wonder what P.O.S. game you guys are gonna honor the U.S. market with next week.

+ swisstylez on December 11th, 2012 at 4:07 pm said:

Dear,

Morgan

I don’t envy your work one bit, just by seeing these comments, I would have one word to all of them.. Word which I don’t intend to mention, but good work!!! &&&& that new option on the poll, it’s a great idea…

+ ronaldoratdg on December 11th, 2012 at 4:32 pm said:

i got tired and brought plus eu too

but when plus us expires i wont renew (but i got 7 months still lol)

+ sincrin on December 11th, 2012 at 4:53 pm said:

heck even one of the high rated spidey games would be really appreciated!!

+ Tsupi_Az on December 11th, 2012 at 6:21 pm said:

Morgan,
For the RPG’s how about the Dragon Age’s games since they are on the PS store already. those could replace LBP2 and Infamous 2 that been on there since the start of the IGC, I can’t beleve those are on there but RE5 has been removed already.

Tried Rochard and I got to say I was surprised it was entertaining for a side scroll game.

SSFIV was also decent not sure I will play it much but at least it has replaced the lame KOF on my HDD.

PAGE 1 12 13 14 15