Minecraft PS4

PlayStation Plus: Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Dec 10, 2012 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

This week PlayStation Plus continues the piping hot delivery of updates to keep you warm this December. Last week, you took the plunge into the underwater world of Rapture with BioShock 2 joining the Instant Game Collection. This week, you’ll be busting out your shoryukens and controlling gravity with two great games: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition and Rochard!

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access.

December 11th PlayStation Plus Update

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (PS3)

Free for Plus members

Street Fighter IV was already a bonafide hit when it ushered in a new era of 2D fighters. Take that winning formula, refine and balance one of the best fighting game engines, add four new characters (Yun, Yang, Evil Ryu, and Oni), take part in new online modes and you’ve got one of the most complete fighting game packages ever. See you online; I’ll be the guy using this handy guide to my all time favorite fighting game character.
Rochard (PS3)

Free for Plus members

A PSN gem, Rochard brings fantastic puzzle-platforming in the form of taking control of astro-miner John Rochard. Though a humble premise it may be, you’ll be addicted to the gravity control mechanics of Rochard as you solve environmental puzzles and explore new ways to navigate the wonderful trappings of this galactic platformer. It’s a PSN exclusive that, if you missed, you should definitely make the time to play. You can read more on the game from the PlayStation Blog’s coverage. Please note, this title will only be available free in Plus for one week.

That’s it for this week’s update, and remember that the above updates will be in effect once the PlayStation Store updates on December 11th; usually between the times of 2:00pm – 5:00pm PST. Also, for those wondering, we do have PS Vita games on the way in December that will add to the already great library of content on PS Vita Plus. Watch for those to be announced in this space later this month.

What content do you find most compelling for this update?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Please remember to jump in to the PlayStation Community Forums in the Plus space where you’ll find threads (or start your own!) to discuss Plus. Of course, leave your thoughts here as well and remember, giving specific feedback is always the best course. Enjoy the update, and see you in the comments.

Get PlayStation Plus

PlayStation Plus 12-11-2012

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 15

+ But_Honestly on December 10th, 2012 at 11:17 am said:

Sadly, I already have both games. Great update for those who don’t though – I highly recommend Rochard.

+ KingBlade82 on December 10th, 2012 at 11:18 am said:

We do needs rpgs badly why havent they put any on ik dungeon defenders does feel like an rpg style game with armor and weapons

+ GP-02A-MLRS on December 10th, 2012 at 11:18 am said:

Well guess I will let SSF4 stay in my download list forever just like kof13,since I’m suck at fighting games. Nice update anyway, hope there will be something special for the upcoming holiday too. Cheer!

+ Kchow23 on December 10th, 2012 at 11:19 am said:

I bought SSFIV, but was not willing to pay again for the Arcade Edition… so I think that it will be interesting to check it out and also being able to play it with my friend that also has Plus! I’m all for PSN gems too, so will be interested to see how Rochard turns out.

+ Edu_lucats on December 10th, 2012 at 11:19 am said:

I would really appreciate an RPG!! I think it’s the only genre that we are not receiving !

+ NekoNiv on December 10th, 2012 at 11:23 am said:

just a idea… how about giving plus member discounts on on all releases on psn. i think it would a better deal then giving out older titles, that are clearly not selling anymore or have next to zero people playing online. i mean at this rate you are going to give us F.E.A.R. 2 or something. Plus is more and more making me feel like i’m that poor kid that hangs out with the rich kids. rich kids all got crysis 2 and batman for x-mas, i got bio shock.

+ ezeka_matthew on December 10th, 2012 at 11:25 am said:

Morgan,

Any news on possible Christmas sales? Since you gave away Bioshock 2, I would love to pick pick up the DLC. Do you think we’ll see any Bioshock DLC?

Great update! It’ll probably be hard for me to jump into Street Fighter since I’m already playing a lot of PS All-Stars (Love that game!), but I’ll certainly download it for later. I’ve wanted to play Rochard for quite some time, too.

For those complaining about the program, I’ve been with PS Plus since day one, and the current content at this point is better now than before. Sure, there were a few slim weeks in the summer, but Plus has been strong since the fall. Remember, and Morgan reiterates this on the blog, not every game is going to appeal to you. The cool thing is that Plus offers us games that we might not necessarily pick up on our own. I like the program for that reason. As someone that works and has a family, there is absolutely no way I’ll ever play everything this program has given me. I’m still working through the games in the new PS Vita game collection. Truly, PS Plus is an awesome way to game.

+ Enigmatech on December 10th, 2012 at 11:25 am said:

If I were in the U.K. I would ALWAYS renew (but not this time), I’d rather have a game of the month like Red Dead and Arkham City than what’s being offered in here.

+ Nick930930 on December 10th, 2012 at 11:25 am said:

How about some games that aren’t Capcom! Capcom is my least favorite of every video game company. At least give us Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. No way I’m spending money on the same game twice, but I wouldn’t mind getting it free like it was promised to us when we bought Dead Rising 2! Freakin DLC bullcrap from Capcom..

Can we get Motorstorm Apocalypse please? I never got a chance ot pick that up! How about some more Walking Dead episodes?

Trine 2?

Journey?

Flower?

+ shb23 on December 10th, 2012 at 11:27 am said:

@171 Joelda23

See, I disagree, I like our list much better. All those AAA games can be bought physically for low pricing, and how is it that you’re a fan of games and haven’t bought/borrowed/rented those games?

+ KingBlade82 on December 10th, 2012 at 11:28 am said:

please quit suggesting red dead i just bought it black friday :P u guys should have been standing in line at walmart

+ TheMART on December 10th, 2012 at 11:28 am said:

@ 157

“+ infamousXX87XX on December 10th, 2012 at 10:35 am said:
@ 94
LOL
And I find it funny that people sign up to Gold which is pretty much renting access to play online. Only thing PS3 is missing is party chat but that will be on the PS4. PSN and Steam is where it’s at”

PSVita has party chat :-)

+ SimasUS on December 10th, 2012 at 11:30 am said:

What I really want is MORE FREE GAMES FOR PS VITA *-*

+ tdlypsdoff on December 10th, 2012 at 11:31 am said:

@Morgan

Will we see a 12 deals of Christmas promotion like EU has going on right now?
From what I’ve seen they have some pretty amazing deals on some great Playstation games.
Even looks like Far Cry 3 will be the 12th deal!

+ Ghostwize on December 10th, 2012 at 11:31 am said:

I got Red Dead GOTY for $25. No GOTY on the psn so I could care less about that. That is a steal for that amount of content! I also got Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition for $20 new at gamestop on black friday! That is the deal on the decade! Answer me MORGANICUS! Discounts man? Gimme ma discounts! :P :D

+ T-Cal on December 10th, 2012 at 11:32 am said:

Own both…. :(
Anyway, I will link it to my account. SSF4 AE is back in my rotation. “Evil Laugh!”

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on December 10th, 2012 at 11:32 am said:

No discount for Bio 2 DLC? Anything is “last chance” this week?

+ Mephesto_Zieg on December 10th, 2012 at 11:33 am said:

Hey Morgan,

Any Update on the Alice: Madness Returns Ultimate Edition DLC issue yet? It’s been almost 3 weeks and a bunch of people are getting frustrated.

+ nolo451 on December 10th, 2012 at 11:34 am said:

@ Ghostwize,

I got Red Dead Redemption GotY for $15 on Amazon during their black friday deals that was an insane deal!

I still haven’t even touched it because I have such a huge backlog of free games from PS+!

+ Qatsmasher on December 10th, 2012 at 11:35 am said:

And the quality gap between EU and NA widens yet again. Tell the suits they don’t know what they’re doing.

+ thebgj on December 10th, 2012 at 11:37 am said:

Can you guys add another option for the poll? I picked nothing for me. But I feel that it comes off as if i hated the update. I dont like fighter games and the PSN game looks lame but i will try it. I love all updates..i know they wont all be to my liking. I know for a fact that people will enjoy the update, so maybe add option 4 (nothing for me but great update)

+ Fortesque11 on December 10th, 2012 at 11:38 am said:

What happened to Red Dead Redemption being free for Plus subscribers? Me and my friend sold our copies when we heard it was supposed to come out in September. Now I gotta spend $30 to buy it again.

+ joelda23 on December 10th, 2012 at 11:38 am said:

@210shb23 Reviews. I don’t like PSN games like that, they are not for me. I don’t want to buy those games for a low price., I want them free like EU. I also like platinum trophies, instead of a boring 100%

+ snakeman07 on December 10th, 2012 at 11:40 am said:

Gotta say, I’m pretty upset that we are getting another fighting game. I’ve stayed quiet through KoF13 and Virtua Fighter 5, but not this time…Another let down for me, Sony.

+ snuchis on December 10th, 2012 at 11:43 am said:

Great update, the best of the lasts months (in my opinion) but.. pleaseeeeee dont forget Vita…. please…please… EU gets MK.. US need something like that or better…

+ sagohichi on December 10th, 2012 at 11:44 am said:

@210
I agree with you.
They have to stick with niche or forgotten masterpieces for the PS+ collection. We don’t need a type of game that many would purchase on the first day.
US-PS+ is doing pretty impressive job in terms of quality and genre sellection, at least for me.

+ RenderMonk on December 10th, 2012 at 11:47 am said:

Still want to see more variety in genres of the free PS+ games. Think it’s way past due to throw in some traditional RPG’s/JRPG’s. I know there’s not many of them this generation to even pick from, but we’re not all FPS/Fighting fans. Please take this into consideration for the next round of free PS+ games.

+ TessionTG on December 10th, 2012 at 11:47 am said:

How many fighting games do you think we need?

+ SoulSlayer79 on December 10th, 2012 at 11:49 am said:

I appreciate if others episodes of TWD comes to plus

+ sprice25 on December 10th, 2012 at 11:51 am said:

Ok, I voted for Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Free in Plus. I have the SSFIV version, but I’m not really into fighter games that much. So this gives me a reason to sell off the disc copy I rarely play, and now have the “newer” version for free that I can download. Rochard does look like a great game and I am excited that it is included in Plus for free. It’s one of those games though that if I bought it, I would probably find the gameplay frustrating and I would force myself to beat the game just because I bought it. So I’m happy it is free because I don’t have to feel attached to it. It does look like a great game though! I’m more interested in playing Rochard than SSFIVAE, but voted SSFIVAE for the reasons mentioned above. Both are great additions to Plus, keep up the great work! My favorite genres are platformer, action/adventure, racing, shooter.

+ DarkChun-li on December 10th, 2012 at 11:51 am said:

newcomers i’ll be waiting >:)

+ xClayMeow on December 10th, 2012 at 11:57 am said:

Eagerly awaiting the PS Vita additions to PS+!

+ Darth-Krayt on December 10th, 2012 at 11:57 am said:

Sometimes, the posters in the comments section of PSBlog post are completely embarrassing. Do you people realise there are actually other people seeing you act like this? I can’t imagine actually being a friend or family member of so many of your’s, knowing you act like this, and actually liking you, or you know……..not beating you up (or at least wanting to).

Anyway, on topic of the Plus update, I LOVE that I’m getting Super SF4 Arcade Edition. I bought SF4, then I bought Super SF4 because it was good value, but with Arcade Edition I had had enough of buying the same game, and with AE, it wasn’t alot of new characters like Super. So I never got AE and eventually sold Super. But I was recently thinking of re-buying Super after Christmas, so this saves me $20-30 and nabs me a few new characters. Thanks alot Sony, you come through for me once again with Plus, the greatest value for dollar in the console gaming market.

+ tusunami on December 10th, 2012 at 11:58 am said:

Man after reading about streetfighter for PS Plus memmbers there’s only 1 thing left to say hadouken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Ashilyn on December 10th, 2012 at 12:00 pm said:

I’m still not sure why people are so stuck up on getting MK for Vita. The only two fighting games of the ones released on Vita that don’t play like crap are SFxT and BlazBlue. MK got kind of a crappy port, and there’s a lot of other games I’d take over it. Just because it’s “AAA” doesn’t mean it’s GOOD (See also: Vanquish, which btw isn’t that much newer than BioShock 2).

Either way, they’ve said they haven’t forgotten about the Vita. We JUST got SIX GAMES less than a month ago. Cool your jets, people. It’ll come eventually.

+ shb23 on December 10th, 2012 at 12:01 pm said:

@226

Same here, give me PSN titles, thats something I can’t buy cheaply from a retailer or borrow from a buddy.
That and discounts on psp games that can be played on Vita, give me stuff/discounts on stuff I can’t get anywhere else.

+ Ghostwize on December 10th, 2012 at 12:01 pm said:

Please mail plus members free 500gb Hard Drives. Thanks to all your free games my 160gb is almost full! Thanks a lot for all the free stuff! GOSH! This is an outrage! :P

+ GrimlockFan64 on December 10th, 2012 at 12:03 pm said:

Last week I asked for a fighting game.

You gave us a fighting game.

…I did not see that coming. Thank you! XD

+ tgpumpkin on December 10th, 2012 at 12:08 pm said:

Morgan,

Thanks for the update. I think Playstation Plus is still a fantastic service and it’s an incredible value. I don’t know what “Europe” gets and who knows, maybe it is more but for the price you pay to get this much free content, you can’t beat it. Comparing to the competition ‘outside’ of Playstation, it’s the best deal around.

Now for some constructive feedback coming from a good place. In watching the PS+ blog I have seen quite a few fighters. I’d love to see an RPG thrown out there. When I compare this brand to ‘another’ brand, one of the things that I think has always stood out about you guys is how many RPG’s have appeared on the system but I haven’t caught any on PS+ (I think you gave out Final Fantasy V or VI about a year ago…could be wrong). I know FPS is still the most popular trend these days but I think you should throw the occasional RPG in the mix. Tales of Graces f perhaps (just an idea).

Thanks as always Morgan.

+ KnifingGrimace on December 10th, 2012 at 12:10 pm said:

Glad to be getting Street Fighter 4. It’s been one of those games I have been debating on buying for years but never clammed up the cash. Definitely one of the three fighters I’ve been interested in most (but still haven’t bought), the others being Soul Calibur V and Mortal Kombat.

Looking forward to seeing what else tomorrow will bring.

+ corrosivefrost on December 10th, 2012 at 12:13 pm said:

@Morgan:

Why does SCEA keep the “weekly update” posts instead of doing the month in advance like SCEE?

I’m of the mind that I’d like to know everything that’s coming this month at once and in advance. I’d like to know that I have no interest in the PS+ content a month in advance rather than be kept in suspense every week, hoping for something good, only to be let down.

+ Darksleep69 on December 10th, 2012 at 12:14 pm said:

I’m SO MAD !! We get SSF4 AND EU gets Arkham City aint that messed up why can’t we get the same stuff??!! In a month I’m going EU forget America Plus for the 50 bux I pay again I get 10x the quallity games Unless you pull a rabbit out this dirty old hat I wont even bother to let mine expire.

+ detictiveconan on December 10th, 2012 at 12:14 pm said:

I’m really happy with this update, I’ve always wanted to get SFIV but I suck at fighting game so could never convince myself to pull the trigger and get it. I already have Rochard but It’s an AMAZING game so good for all the people who haven’t gotten to play it.

+ Dragonator888AE on December 10th, 2012 at 12:14 pm said:

I can´t believe this, another fighting game this is getting ridiculous, i always waite for tuesdays to see what plus has to offer me but i think i prefer plus on EU the US plus is turning into garbage :(

+ KnifingGrimace on December 10th, 2012 at 12:15 pm said:

PS: I love Playstation Plus. The program doesn’t always cater to me, but that’s perfectly fine: you can’t please everyone all of the time. I agree that the EU version of the system has gotten a lot of nice deals in comparison to the US version of PS+, but that doesn’t mean I think it’s bad. I have gotten so much enjoyment out of my subscription and I will continue to support PS+. If anything, I feel bad for Japan since they do not have Playstation Plus since Sony doesn’t have to compete with Microsoft’s Xbox 360 over there.

Love you guys. Thanks for all of your hard work. I know there are a lot of negative comments, so I really wanted to leave a positive one to show my appreciation.

+ infamousXX87XX on December 10th, 2012 at 12:15 pm said:

I’m in favor of monthly posts instead of weekly.

+ GhostMachine1 on December 10th, 2012 at 12:15 pm said:

I’ve been wanting Super Street Fighter for a long while. Thank you so much!

+ BlueBl1zzard on December 10th, 2012 at 12:18 pm said:

@Darth-Kryat couldn’t have said it better myself.

+ Ghostwize on December 10th, 2012 at 12:21 pm said:

@245 Japan has playstation plus. They get lots of goodies including free psp games.

+ maxlovesamber on December 10th, 2012 at 12:22 pm said:

Kinda bummed about no vita games but then again it has been less than a month so it’s not terrible. As long as we get some more freebies for the vita before Xmas I’m cool. BTW, free PS1 games would be great to help out with the vita. Possibly some Megaman action ;)

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 15