PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas PS2 Classic Hits PlayStation Store Today

R*Q's Avatar + Posted by R*Q on Dec 11, 2012 //

We’d like to let all PlayStation fans know that Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is coming to PlayStation Store as a ‘PS2 Classic’ in today’s update. That means you can revisit the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas, as well as the surrounding countryside and mountains, exactly as they appeared on the PlayStation 2 back in 2004, on your PS3.

To help you prepare we’ve raided our archives for a video called ‘The Introduction’. This 20-minute prologue video highlights the action in the days before the story in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas begins. The Introduction is told from various characters’ viewpoints, which are intertwined together to reveal the network of organized crime forces operating throughout the state of San Andreas. Tension builds as threats are carried out, stakes are raised and communication breaks down. In Los Santos, a drive-by shooting in Grove Street Family’s territory ignites a series of events to be further explored in the game.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas hits PlayStation Store today for $14.99 / €14.99 / £11.99.

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Morgardee on December 16th, 2012 at 8:14 am said:

How do I add my own music to the radio stations?

+ thehate325 on December 16th, 2012 at 11:48 am said:

Where can i get the Game Save for it

+ drizzy_da_man14 on December 16th, 2012 at 1:32 pm said:

people quit whining about it being $15, hell it’s better than having it on ps2 and having to worry about it being all scratched up anybody agree?

+ THEHAWK3986 on December 17th, 2012 at 8:32 am said:

Just to let some of you know that are complaining about the price of GTA SA.. just take a look at Gamestop price of the same ps2 game used. it is $19.99. If your one of lucky few that can actually play PS2 games in your PS3 console or you still have your PS2 lying around and this game already then great for you. But most out there dont, and $15 is still $5 less than Gamestop. Thats all im saying

+ twitchyzero on December 17th, 2012 at 3:13 pm said:

Hi R*Q

I used to have a PS2 backwards compatible PS3 and I played GTA:SA PS2 on it…I have a saved game data.

If I buy this new PSN version, will my save file/data be transferable?

Thanks.

+ twitchyzero on December 17th, 2012 at 3:15 pm said:

In order words does this game use PS2 save data on PS2 virtual memory card will does it save as a PS3 game data?

+ DeadEyeV on December 17th, 2012 at 6:26 pm said:

gta San Andreas on psn=amazing,bought it on drop date on psn ,been playing for hours ever since,thanks Sony

+ TH4xGODxF4TH3Rx on December 19th, 2012 at 6:54 pm said:

is this version at least two player?? ive been disappointed with rockstar in the fact that this is the ONLY two player GTA…….lets face it, its much more fun when ur doin drive-bys and shootin people when your with your buddy lol just want it for two player honestly lol but i wanna make sure it is

+ kay_we3zeE on December 19th, 2012 at 10:36 pm said:

Can’t wait to jam!!!

+ Xx_Apex-Death_xX on December 21st, 2012 at 10:09 pm said:

I am actually bought the game

+ Drock_rules on December 22nd, 2012 at 12:15 am said:

15$ for San Andreas? I Could get it at gamestop for 3 bucks! You just want more money your still lucky im going o buy it.

+ cools007 on December 23rd, 2012 at 10:28 am said:

Hello R*

My ps3 is backwards compatable so thought i’d dig out vice city and san andreas. I’d forgot how awesome these games are. All i wanna say is i hope you can make a HD version as i play on a 46″ smart t..v and the graphics are well quite bad.

Hope you bring us more classics as i for one will be purchasing them all.

Keep up the good work.

+ cools007 on December 23rd, 2012 at 10:45 am said:

P.s you Americans are moaning over $5. £11.99 works out at $19.40 to us. So who’s being ripped off now?

+ EvilAngel34 on December 23rd, 2012 at 8:51 pm said:

what happen to vice city ?

+ donkeypunch12312 on December 24th, 2012 at 11:57 am said:

$14.99? WTF! you better throw in a copy of vice city! I could but this at GameStop for $9.99!

+ rayadito1989 on December 24th, 2012 at 11:30 pm said:

bueno, a mi la verdad es que el GTA: SAN ANDREAS es el mejor juego que he tenido y tambien es el mejor de la serie de GTA (hasta ahora) . A mi no me da tanta importancia que cueste $15 dolares porque es un juegaso aunque aun no lo tengo pero algun dia lo comprare. Lo unico que no me gusto de ese juego que ahora esta en psn es que no es HD/3D o con trofeos eso es lo unico pero de ahi en fuera nada. A y espero que GTA V se ha mucho mejor que el GTA SAN ANDREAS!!!

+ LUClDREAM on December 25th, 2012 at 2:53 pm said:

I was about to get San Andreas but lacked the funds, so I bought Rockstar’s Bully for $10.

+ wrenonion4 on December 29th, 2012 at 6:05 pm said:

I’m fine with it being $14.99 because at Wal-Mart I looked at it and it was $20.

+ wrenonion4 on December 29th, 2012 at 6:22 pm said:

Hell I’d even spend $60 for it, its better than GTA4 and all the DLC’s

+ RICHHLHS on December 29th, 2012 at 7:09 pm said:

How do i save my progress. i hit start and i cant save the game and i created a internal memory card already

+ Romo_Is_MexiCAN on January 2nd, 2013 at 3:43 pm said:

I’m wondering, I have PS3 slim so I have to pay for the classic game put on my PS3 slim version its will working? I don’t want waste of money. Please answer the quest before I’m pay for the classic game, Thank.

+ Shawnn12307 on January 5th, 2013 at 12:23 pm said:

Yeah, I honestly think that it would be a huge rip off if i pay $15 for a game that is the exact same as the PS2 version. Unless you guys upgrade it, I will most def pass on wasting my hard earned money on this.

+ chairmanWesker20 on January 7th, 2013 at 3:50 pm said:

how about vice city that one is so much better even tho its old its still awesome

+ JosefSnurk1387 on January 10th, 2013 at 2:56 am said:

I don’t think the price is completely unreasonable. The only thing stopping me from buying it (along with GTA III) is the lack of trophy support. I’m a bit of a trophy whore, always looking to bump up my trophy count. It’s even better when I can do so playing a game I LOVED as a kid.

+ Binhabib-80 on January 10th, 2013 at 12:46 pm said: