No Man's Sky

Vote For Your Favorite PlayStation Games of 2012 Now!

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Dec 14, 2012 // Senior Manager, Social Media

UPDATE: The votes are in! See the winners of the 2012 PlayStation.Blog Game of the Year Awards here.

ART

The critics have named their favorite games of the year — now it’s your turn. We’re pleased to announce the first-ever PlayStation.Blog Game of the Year Awards, a chance for PlayStation fans to select the best of the best in PlayStation gaming for 2012.

Voting is easy: Click on your pick from each of the nominee lists below. Don’t see the game you want to vote for? No problem! Just write in your selection by clicking the bottom option on any of the polls. We’ll reveal your winners next Wednesday, December 19th.

While we’ve put a lot of thought into our very first PlayStation.Blog Game of the Year Awards, this is a first step in a much bigger journey. Next year, we hope to expand them to include more international regions, introduce more specific categories and bestow new awards. Be sure to let us know if you have any bright ideas for next year. We’re all ears!

But enough talk. It’s time to vote! See you on Wednesday.

PS3 Game of the Year

It wasn’t easy to condense the best of this year’s Blu-ray lineup into a manageable list, but we did it — barely. Vote once from the list of 15 finalists below. If you think we missed a game, vote for it using the write-in option at the bottom!

PS3 Game of the Year (PSN only)

This category is dedicated to PS3 titles that have only (or initially) been released on PlayStation Network, excluding full-priced digital Blu-ray games. We counted standalone games, free games, and episodic series such as The Walking Dead.

PS Vita Game of the Year

Vote for your favorite physically released PS Vita game of 2012. Don’t see your favorite on the list? Write in your vote at the bottom of the poll below!

PS Vita Game of the Year (PSN only)

We dedicated this category to digitally released PS Vita titles that weren’t available on store shelves, including free games such as Treasure Park and Frobisher Says.

PS Mobile Game of the Year

The newest member of the PlayStation family is only a few months old, but it’s already attracted a solid launch lineup of bite-sized gems.

Best Use of PlayStation Move

This year saw some intriguing applications of PlayStation’s motion controller, from music creation to new gameplay experiences. We counted any application of PlayStation Move, from full-priced Blu-ray games to PSN downloads to Add-on packs.

Most Anticipated PS3 Game

What upcoming PS3 game are you most eager to play? Vote from the list of 20 nominees or write in your selection at the bottom of the poll.

Most Anticipated PS Vita Game

Choose your most-anticipated PS Vita game, physical or digital, or write in a pick at the bottom of the poll app.

Now that you’ve voted, tell us what you voted for in the comments and why.

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6

+ twistedfloyd on December 16th, 2012 at 1:29 pm said:

PS3 GOTY: MLB 12 The Show. Awesome game, would like there to be more to do in Franchise mode, but the game play is rock solid with some great improvements from 10 (didn’t get 11). Twisted Metal was a close second for me, but while I love the multiplayer, the SP left me a bit cold story wise and a bit gameplay wise, even though it was still a lot of fun.

Didn’t play too many big games, and don’t have PS All Stars yet so, I’ll wait and see on that.

PSN GOTY: Journey. Which is also my overall GOTY. Fantastic from beginning to end, a game that examines birth, life and death in an incredibly beautiful way.

Most anticipated PS3: The Last of Us. Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley are incredible directors/designers as they proved on Uncharted 2 (missed them on U3). And I can’t wait to see what they have cooked up for this game. Looks bold, unique, touching and brilliant.

Runner up: Beyond: Two Souls. David Cage is a masterful director, and while I like this idea, I’m not as sold on it as I am on The Last of Us. I’m sure Beyond will be another first rate classic following the amazing Heavy Rain.

+ lonewhitewolf1 on December 16th, 2012 at 1:33 pm said:

best game of the year: tales of graces f
best psn game: persona 4 golden
most anticipated vita game: final fantasy x hd

im a huge jrpg fan. sony, as i said in a previous post, make one of the psn (or psn/ps3 jrpg) free and i will so buy premium again.

+ D-Gold on December 16th, 2012 at 1:56 pm said:

Phantasy Star Online 2 for most anticipated vita
Disgaea 3 AoD for favorite vita game
Disgaea dimension 2 for most anticipated ps3 game
persona 4 arena for best ps3 2012 game

+ bitmuncher on December 16th, 2012 at 2:30 pm said:

I´m really hoping for Killzone Mercenary to be good… Sony, please don´t forget the Vita it needs more games.

+ DramaKing10 on December 16th, 2012 at 3:05 pm said:

FIQUEI EM DUVIDA NA HORA DE VOTAR NO JOGO MAIS AGUARDADO PRA PS3, IA COLOCAR GOD ASCENCION, MAS ACHO QUE GTA V SUPERA

+ Toplinkar on December 16th, 2012 at 3:10 pm said:

Amazing list, this was a great year. For my game of the year i’ve chosen XCOm: Enemy Unknown. That is one hell of unique game and playing with the PS3 controller couldn’t possibly be better (which says a lot because it is an RTS ).

The most anticipated game I was in doubt. No I can’t wait for God of War Ascencion nor The Last of Us, Beyond two Sous, Metal Gear Solid Rising (my wallet is crying btw), etc. But when I saw that trailer for Dark Souls II – which happens to be the sequel to the first game I have no doubts to crown my all-time favorite – I couldn’t believe my eyes. Dark Souls was GOTY Last year and I doubt that Dark Souls II won’t be GOTY whenever it releases.

I can’t pick a Via favorie now because I don’t own a Via ( no worries, I will solve that problem Christimas :) )

It was great year for Playstation for sure, can’t wait for the next one. :)

+ superhaseo09 on December 16th, 2012 at 5:08 pm said:

I only vote Assassin’s Creed III PS3 Game of the Year. because the Assassin’s Creed III is better game and i love doing the navl battle. which you dont do navl battle other Assassin’s Creed games series. anyway. i love Assassin’s Creed games :)

+ i-HyperSonic-i on December 16th, 2012 at 5:51 pm said:

WTF Zero Escape also has game card version !! Why the hell it put in PSN only section ???

+ TheNanoWarrior on December 16th, 2012 at 5:55 pm said:

TOMB RAIDER FTW!

+ Nates4Christ on December 16th, 2012 at 5:58 pm said:

I wish Transformers Fall Of Cybertron would get more game of the Year Recognition. The vita games could go many ways and I would not mind. I think Uncharted, Gravity Rush and LBP are game of the year quality. I’m looking forward to Fuse, but less than I was when it was overstrike. I am super excited for Killzone Mercenary.

+ Nates4Christ on December 16th, 2012 at 5:59 pm said:

Oh and 201 reminded me of Phantasy Star online 2! I’m excited about that and the mmo final fantasy for ps3.

+ xHeri on December 16th, 2012 at 6:01 pm said:

killzone for ps vita cant wait till it comes out :D

+ Kurusu07 on December 16th, 2012 at 6:01 pm said:

Tales of Graces F – Best Game of the Year
Tales of Xillia – Most anticipated game

I bought a PS3 Only for this two games

Come on Tales Fans Show us some of your love

+ BrAd_Dai on December 16th, 2012 at 6:07 pm said:

it seems i will sacrifice all my money in march next year……can’t wait for soul sacrifice

+ thecangry06 on December 16th, 2012 at 6:08 pm said:

Gran theft auto 5 :) for life

+ Schulzforever on December 16th, 2012 at 6:10 pm said:

Darn, hard to choose my most anticipated game between The Last of Us, Watch Dogs and GTA 5. Don’t make me regret choosing Watch Dogs.

+ J-TOKI_12 on December 16th, 2012 at 6:11 pm said:

Cannot wait for God of War: Ascension!

+ marc2henri on December 16th, 2012 at 6:12 pm said:

PS3 GOTY ~ Assassin’s Creed III
PS3 GOTY PSN ~ Journey
PS Vita GOTY ~ UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss
PS Vita GOTY PSN ~ Sound Shapes
PS Mobile GOTY ~ Everybody arcade
Best Use of PS Move ~ The MLB the show
Most Anticipated PS3 Game ~ The last of Us
Most Anticipated PSVita Game ~ Killzone Mercenary

+ winstonrocker on December 16th, 2012 at 6:22 pm said:

WHERE IS HITMAN IN THIS LIST!!!! AH?

+ TheGasMasked on December 16th, 2012 at 6:24 pm said:

Most anticipated would have to be GTA V! Looks great!

+ twinkilla23 on December 16th, 2012 at 6:59 pm said:

TOO many good games, hard for me to choose!

+ PhoenixDowny on December 16th, 2012 at 7:06 pm said:

The PS3 best game of the year is definitely Assassin’s Creed III as that game is like playing Mel Gibson’s The Patriot. It’s also pretty educational too.

My best PS3 PSN download choice is Journey.

Best PS Vita GOTY is a tough one because of Person 4 Golden but I went with Gravity Rush because it’s an absolutely amazing title that I’m really enjoying and I hope there is a Gravity Rush sequel.

The best PS Vita download game is Escape Plan in my opinion because it’s the first time we’ve had a noir video game that I know of.

My Most anticipated PS3 game is Injustice Gods among Us because I am a big DC Comics fan and I love Superman.

My most anticipated PS Vita game is Soul Sacrifice because it takes the “Monster Hunter” concept and flips it upside down and gives it a bit of a LOTR, Harry Potter, Final Fantasy and God of War twist. Plus, the visuals in Soul Sacrifice prove once again much like Uncharted Golden Abyss that the PS Vita’s graphical capabilities are on level ground with those of the PS3 and XBOX 360. The PS Vita is a graphically revolutionary handheld. It is the PS3 in our hands.

+ renderosity on December 16th, 2012 at 7:34 pm said:

I voted for Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. All I can say is ” It is about time!!!”

+ jyel19 on December 16th, 2012 at 7:50 pm said:

Killzone:Mercenary.. the vita really needs a good fps + online and I trust guerrilla games

+ narrow101 on December 16th, 2012 at 8:07 pm said:

Will there ever be a Demon’s Souls 2? :(
I’m stoked for Dark Souls 2 but would love to see an actual sequel for demon’s souls.

+ Maxuno_de_cobre on December 16th, 2012 at 8:42 pm said:

Dark Souls II… Oh my god!!!!

I can’t see Skyrim or The Phantom Pain/Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes

+ Maxuno_de_cobre on December 16th, 2012 at 8:44 pm said:

Assassin’s Bug III. Full of fails.

+ worldWar_me on December 16th, 2012 at 8:45 pm said:

Most anticipated has to be Dark Souls 2! PS3 game is Spec Ops The line. Vita is Uncharted GA, Vita PSN game is Sound Shapes. PS3 PSN is Journey of course, any other vote is just wrong.

+ IcedDice777 on December 16th, 2012 at 8:46 pm said:

Good to see that SKYRIM is NOT included in those lists.

Guaranteed buys from me…Aliens: Colonial marines, Bioshock Infinite, GTA V, Dark Souls 2, Beyond: Two souls, Dead Space 3, God of War!: Ascension, puppeteer, Until Dawn, The Last of Us, Ni No Kuni: wrath of the white witch Aaand My most anticipated game of the century… CASTLEVANIA’s Lords of shadow… wich you dudes “obviously” forgot to add on the most anticipated list. 8)

+ worldWar_me on December 16th, 2012 at 8:49 pm said:

Skyrim?

Teh fawk? Skyrim is 2011, people……

+ aaroniuslim80 on December 16th, 2012 at 9:11 pm said:

My PSN GOTY was between The Walking Dead and Journey. I was tearing my hairs off but in the end have to vote for The Walking Dead. I cried near the end of Episode 5, it is really an emotional journey (no pun intended) from Episode 1 to 5. Great job Telltales and Robert Kirkman for bringing us one of the best games of 2012.

For PS3 GOTY it is AC3 for me and PS Vita GOTY Persona 4 Golden.

+ Femup on December 16th, 2012 at 9:44 pm said:

I’m sure its already been mentioned, but Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward listed in PSN only?

+ RacingChamp30 on December 16th, 2012 at 9:56 pm said:

I voted for Journey as best PS3 PSN game cause of the innovativeness and uniqueness of the game itself. God of war ascension to be the most anticipated PS3 game more than grand theft auto 5 even though GTA5 going to be very popular.

+ MoonLance on December 16th, 2012 at 10:07 pm said:

PS3 Game of the Year: Assassin’s Creed 3 – One of the few games where the hype and expectations were met.

PS3 Game of the Year (PSN): Journey – This game is a collaboration of talents in all aspects. Definitely underrated, and a diamond in the rough.

PSVita Game of the Year: Gravity Rush – The fact that this was offered for PSPlus was a very nice deal.

PSVita Game of the Year (PSN): Sound Shapes – The difficulty is evil, but the victories (and trophies) are so sweet.

Best use of PSMove: Okami HD (Ninja Gaiden 3 is close second) – Brush strokes using the Move!

Most Anticipated PS3 Game: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Long live the JRPG~

Most Anticipated PSVita Game: Soul Sacrifice – Can’t wait to do multiplayer on this one.

+ XDeath90 on December 16th, 2012 at 10:10 pm said:

Persona 4 Golden for GOTY!!

+ crashpolar on December 16th, 2012 at 10:23 pm said:

I really like assassin’s creed 3 and i hope there will be another games like this.

+ Tiger_Drummer on December 16th, 2012 at 10:25 pm said:

Best PS3 game: AC3
Best PS3 download game: Journey
Most Anticipated PS3 game: God of War Ascension
Best PS Vita game: Uncharted Golden Abyss
Best PS Vita download game: Sound Shapes
Most Anticipated PS Vita game: Killzone Mercenary

+ Boydeboyz on December 16th, 2012 at 10:42 pm said:

I like all games its hard to vote on just one.

+ JaiMad1 on December 16th, 2012 at 11:12 pm said:

The Last Of Us……………

+ Tunti_84 on December 16th, 2012 at 11:48 pm said:

Game of the year……SKYRIM again :) :)

+ baniann on December 17th, 2012 at 1:24 am said:

I voted for Tales of Graces f. Looking forward to Ni no Kuni and Beyond Two Souls.

+ BloodySky on December 17th, 2012 at 1:27 am said:

I had a tough time deciding between Grand Theft Auto V and Last of Us for my most anticipated PS3 game of next year. I had to go with Last of Us, though. Naughty Dog never seems to let me down. :p
…Although, Rockstar never seems to either. Hmmm…

Oh, and I agree with the first poster (Mattrapid441). Warrior’s Lair is what I wrote in for most anticipated Vita game. That game looked pretty sweet when it was shown off at last year’s E3 (when it was still titled “Ruin”). I too hope it hasn’t been canned. That would make me sad.

+ IllustratedDEO on December 17th, 2012 at 1:28 am said:

Alright so my votes are in ,my anticipated vita title is Soul sacifice,anticipated ps3 title GTA5 my game of the year Dragon’s Dogma and my Vita game of the year Gravity rush/daze.currently beasting on Playstation all stars Battle royale.

+ WARFFOX on December 17th, 2012 at 3:25 am said:

Nice!!!!

+ fede01_8 on December 17th, 2012 at 4:13 am said:

it would be nice if you could add a reward. A $20 or $50 code. A game code to redeem… Come on, you’re PlayStation FFS!!!

+ Harlequin61 on December 17th, 2012 at 4:42 am said:

Most Anticipated PS3 Game:The Last of Us,Grand Theft Auto V,Beyond Two Souls,God of War Acsencion….
They are all great!

+ ItaChu on December 17th, 2012 at 5:20 am said:

Most Anticipated PS Vita Game….

what a POOR list …. I fear for my Vita

+ Rocketpop08 on December 17th, 2012 at 5:41 am said:

I don’t mean to be the fifth guy or so to say this, but since when was Zero Escape a PSN-only title? The card isn’t exactly hard to find, nor was it delayed from its digital release. The card came out the same way a Day 1 Digital comes out. Why rob this title of GOTY when it deserves it more than anything else?

Come on, man. Don’t tell me this just went overlooked.

+ J-MEsfw on December 17th, 2012 at 6:05 am said:

PSN Game of the Year is a no brainer…THE WALKING DEAD & it speaks for itself ;) The episodes didn’t come fast enough PS3 Game of the Year Borderlands 2 ‘Nuff said

+ DasRequiem on December 17th, 2012 at 6:43 am said:

Cool! this is a good start and I’m very interested in seeing the results.
I voted but some picks were a little hard for me to choose.
More categories for next year please.

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6