PS4 - Destiny

Vote For Your Favorite PlayStation Games of 2012 Now!

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Dec 14, 2012 // Social Media Manager

UPDATE: The votes are in! See the winners of the 2012 PlayStation.Blog Game of the Year Awards here.

ART

The critics have named their favorite games of the year — now it’s your turn. We’re pleased to announce the first-ever PlayStation.Blog Game of the Year Awards, a chance for PlayStation fans to select the best of the best in PlayStation gaming for 2012.

Voting is easy: Click on your pick from each of the nominee lists below. Don’t see the game you want to vote for? No problem! Just write in your selection by clicking the bottom option on any of the polls. We’ll reveal your winners next Wednesday, December 19th.

While we’ve put a lot of thought into our very first PlayStation.Blog Game of the Year Awards, this is a first step in a much bigger journey. Next year, we hope to expand them to include more international regions, introduce more specific categories and bestow new awards. Be sure to let us know if you have any bright ideas for next year. We’re all ears!

But enough talk. It’s time to vote! See you on Wednesday.

PS3 Game of the Year

It wasn’t easy to condense the best of this year’s Blu-ray lineup into a manageable list, but we did it — barely. Vote once from the list of 15 finalists below. If you think we missed a game, vote for it using the write-in option at the bottom!

PS3 Game of the Year (PSN only)

This category is dedicated to PS3 titles that have only (or initially) been released on PlayStation Network, excluding full-priced digital Blu-ray games. We counted standalone games, free games, and episodic series such as The Walking Dead.

PS Vita Game of the Year

Vote for your favorite physically released PS Vita game of 2012. Don’t see your favorite on the list? Write in your vote at the bottom of the poll below!

PS Vita Game of the Year (PSN only)

We dedicated this category to digitally released PS Vita titles that weren’t available on store shelves, including free games such as Treasure Park and Frobisher Says.

PS Mobile Game of the Year

The newest member of the PlayStation family is only a few months old, but it’s already attracted a solid launch lineup of bite-sized gems.

Best Use of PlayStation Move

This year saw some intriguing applications of PlayStation’s motion controller, from music creation to new gameplay experiences. We counted any application of PlayStation Move, from full-priced Blu-ray games to PSN downloads to Add-on packs.

Most Anticipated PS3 Game

What upcoming PS3 game are you most eager to play? Vote from the list of 20 nominees or write in your selection at the bottom of the poll.

Most Anticipated PS Vita Game

Choose your most-anticipated PS Vita game, physical or digital, or write in a pick at the bottom of the poll app.

Now that you’ve voted, tell us what you voted for in the comments and why.

PAGE 1 4 5 6

+ pfp1935 on December 17th, 2012 at 6:55 am said:

Just love playing what games I have left . Most of my games got stolen can’t afford to buy any for awhile . Just bought a new PS3 my other one was stolen to.

+ TheLastLegacy1 on December 17th, 2012 at 8:01 am said:

If we can only vote for more than one.
PS Vita – GOTY – UMVC3
Most Anticipated PS Vita Game – Soul Sacrifice
Most Anticipated PS3 Game – Deadspace 3

+ THEdirtybacon on December 17th, 2012 at 8:12 am said:

Tales from Space: Blob was the most fun I had on my vita so far this year. It deserves to win.

+ LUKENBACHER on December 17th, 2012 at 8:13 am said:

For Most Anticipated PS3 Game I voted for a new SOCOM. HD remake or full fledged SOCOM 5 sequel will work jut fine.

+ terminode on December 17th, 2012 at 9:14 am said:

Though Journey takes my vote for best PSN game of the year, I wanted to give Closure a shout out. It’s a powerful and clever game that went criminally overlooked.

+ TRUE_BLUE_95 on December 17th, 2012 at 9:45 am said:

Best game for me has to be Far Cry 3 due to the amount of content and most anticipated game has to be GTA 5 surely, it’s the most anticipated game ever with all of the videos and blogs about it.

+ AKA_Neku on December 17th, 2012 at 10:15 am said:

-Dishonored
-Journey
-P4Golden
-Sound Shapes
-mobile = n/a
-Sorcery
-Tomb Raider
-Other = Dragon’s Crown

+ CitizenErased_66 on December 17th, 2012 at 10:22 am said:

assassin creed is the way

+ RulitoCR on December 17th, 2012 at 11:56 am said:

PS3 Gmae of the Year = Resident Evil 6!

PS3 Game of the Year (PSN only) = One Piece Pirate Warriors!!

No doubts!!

+ camargo2012 on December 17th, 2012 at 12:18 pm said:

can we vote more than once?

+ camargo2012 on December 17th, 2012 at 12:19 pm said:

Gravity Rush the best game ever!!!!

+ yooobooyj on December 17th, 2012 at 1:25 pm said:

I had no choice but to pick Persona 4 The Golden for best PS VIta game of the year. Seriously I was waiting months to play that game and it was well worth it. It would’ve been the first Vita game that I wouldn’t have minded spending more then $40 on. That’s how good it was to me.
I also voted for One Piece Pirate Warriors for best PSN game due to how much fun I had with it. I think I’m probably the only one who voted for that game because everyone else forgot about it lol.

+ warriorscreed1 on December 17th, 2012 at 1:54 pm said:

The most anticipated Ps3 game is Metal Gear Rising : Revengeance because Raiden is such a bad ass in there. Before in Mgs 2 I didnt like playing as him. But now, this game is worth it.

+ warriorscreed1 on December 17th, 2012 at 1:57 pm said:

I think Metal Gear Rising : Revengeance should win as the most anticipated Ps3 game.

+ PSHawkNG on December 17th, 2012 at 2:55 pm said:

PS3 GOTY – Far Cry 3
PS3 GOTY PSN – The Walking Dead
PS Vita GOTY – Gravity Rush
PS Vita GOTY PSN – Retro City Rampage
Most Anticipated PS3 Game – Crysis 3
Most Anticipated PSVita Game ~ Killzone Mercenary

Im surprised that not many people are very anticipated for Killzone Mercenary but it makes sense because everybody wants a monster hunter for psvita and Soul Sacrifice looks like it could be the monster hunter every one wants

+ Flames21891 on December 17th, 2012 at 3:56 pm said:

I’m surprised to see DJ max Technika Tune make it on here. For a niche title to be mentioned in something like this is pretty awesome. I don’t hold out much hope that it’ll win against other much better known titles, but the small nod of recognition is great.

Anyways, definitely looking forward to the new Sly Cooper game, but I had trouble with the first list of PS3 GOTY. Mainly because most of them are multi-platform titles and, well, I played them on PC as I’m mainly a PC gamer. Based on that though, I chose Dishonored as it’s a fantastic game, and I loved every second of it.

I think you guys did an excellent job of narrowing down the list, and the fact that you left an ‘Other’ box just in case is good.

+ OSCAR008PR on December 17th, 2012 at 4:14 pm said:

Made My Vote >_<

+ Bates_96 on December 17th, 2012 at 5:04 pm said:

Gravity Rush is not only the best vita game this year but in my opinion the game of the year damn I love it cant wait for a Gravity Rush 2 if Japan Studio makes another one.

+ Bates_96 on December 17th, 2012 at 5:06 pm said:

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time looks Amazing cant wait till that comes out been waiting near 8 years for another one!! Sanzaru are doing a great job, I wish the months would go quicker i cant wait to play it.

+ SgtScorch on December 17th, 2012 at 7:42 pm said:

best vita game this year? Gravity Rush. Its the most unique I think.

+ ZACKxFAlR on December 17th, 2012 at 8:00 pm said:

I voted Persona 4 and Dokuro for Vita titles nominees.. still thinking for PS3

+ thedwayno on December 18th, 2012 at 5:49 am said:

sly wins every thing in my heart and soul i’ve payed in full for both ps3 and ps vita versons of sly 4 and been wating for 7 years now going on 8 and believe me no other game will come first for me and i have but to me sly is all that remains in my life

PAGE 1 4 5 6