Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Dec 17

Holiday Essentials

Holiday Essentials: Huge Discounts on 40+ Must-Have Games

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar Posted by Pierre Gravereau on Dec 17, 2012 // Director, Digital Distribution

Holiday Essentials

Here at PlayStation, we’re gearing up for the holiday season. In the spirit of giving, we’re giving you some great discounts on more than 40 titles over the next three weeks. Each week will highlight some of the best PS3, PS Vita and PSN games available in the PlayStation Store. Featuring trippy music/racing hybrid Dyad, PS Vita side-scrolling puzzler Escape Plan, sure-to-become-classics like LittleBigPlanet 2 and Rayman Origins, plus plenty more, we’ve got you covered. Starting today, you can save 30% — or up to 50% for PlayStation Plus members — on a variety of hot games, listed below. If the lineup below isn’t enough, we’ll be refreshing this list with a whole new batch next week (12/24) and the following week (12/31), so stay tuned.

Here’s this week’s lineup:

• Catherine (Sale: $27.99, PS Plus: $19.60, Regular: $39.99)
  • Counter Strike Global Offensive (Sale: $10.49, PS Plus: $7.35, Regular: $14.99)
  • Dyad (Sale: $10.49, PS Plus: $7.35, Regular: $14.99)
  • Escape Plan (Sale: $10.49, PS Plus: $7.35, Regular: $14.99)
  • I Am Alive (Sale: $10.49, PS Plus: $7.35, Regular: $14.99)
  • LittleBigPlanet 2 (Sale: $13.99, PS Plus: Free, Regular: $19.99)
  • LittleBigPlanet PS Vita (Sale: $24.99, PS Plus: $17.49, Regular: $35.99)
  • Magic: The Gathering – Dules of the Planeswalkers 2013 (Sale: $6.99, PS Plus: $4.90, Regular: $9.99)
  • NHL 13 (Sale: $41.99, PS Plus: $29.40, Regular: $59.99)
  • Rayman Origins (Sale: $13.99, PS Plus: $9.80, Regular: $19.99)
  • Rayman Origins PS Vita (Sale: $20.99, PS Plus: $14.70, Regular: $29.99)
  • Resident Evil 4 (Sale: $13.99, PS Plus: $9.80, Regular: $19.99)
  • Retro/Grade (Sale: $6.99, PS Plus: $4.90, Regular: $9.99)
  • Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition (Sale: $10.49, PS Plus: $7.35, Regular: $14.99)

All of these titles will be on sale for one week only — December 18th to December 24th — so head into the PlayStation Store before these discounts melt away. And don’t forget to check back on PSN next week (12/24) and the following week (12/31) for more great discounts on other Holiday Essentials games.

Happy Holidays!

+ Bloodios on December 17th, 2012 at 9:33 pm said:

Oh, great… Just right after I had to send in my PS3 for repair because of the YLOD… who knows when I’m going to get it back… Seriously, I wish it was possible to purchase through PC.

+ Kchow23 on December 17th, 2012 at 10:16 pm said:

Nothing for me this week except maybe Escape Plan, but really excited about these sales!

+ Alastor424 on December 17th, 2012 at 10:44 pm said:

Please have a Resistance Burning Skies, Ratchet Collection and Sly Collection discount:)))
I’m definitely gonna get Rayman and LBP on the Vita.
I wish Capcom would make RE4 on the vita..

+ TJF588 on December 17th, 2012 at 10:52 pm said:

So, about those redacted sales in the Dec 04 2012 Store Update (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/12/04/playstation-store-update-268/):

Gundemonium Collection (50%) – PS Plus Price: $3.75
Field Commander PSP (50%) – PS Plus Price: $2.50
GripShift v 2.0 (50%) – PS Plus Price: $2.50
Groovin’ Blocks (50%) – PS Plus Price: $2.50
Groovin’ Blocks PSP (50%) – PS Plus Price: $2.50

I’d love to see these.

+ God-Of-Lyf on December 17th, 2012 at 10:54 pm said:

It’s funny that all of a sudden everyone thinks SONY is Santa! All the ungrateful’s complaining about what their region didn’t get compared to the others. Maybe if you stopped checking in to see what others received then it wouldn’t bother you so much! I guess at the same time, you can’t keep everybody happy at the same time. I feel sorry come Christmas day when all these babies open up their gifts only to find out they got less than my kids…!!!

+ UNREALGOD on December 17th, 2012 at 11:41 pm said:

im so shocked about what im reading here today….u guys must be the most set of cry babies ive ever encountered in a forum.SONY needs our support and u guys are getting the greatest deal ever on the playstation which is not available on any other consoles and u cry cry cry about not getting enough games for ur ps3 or vita?smh..well once a baby always a baby i guess? hmmm lets see microsoft rips people off yearly for $60 bucks a year and u get online play and use apps ur already paying for,not to mention u dont get squat for free and playstation givess all this to u for free and ps plus to make the deal sweeter than it already is and u still crying omg! somebody get me a drink before i spazz out.im out this s..t u guys disgust me.

+ TJF588 on December 18th, 2012 at 12:15 am said:

@133 UNREALGOD – Someone hasn’t been treated to the wonders of the PC marketplaces.

+ ilekillya on December 18th, 2012 at 1:22 am said:

@ God-Of-Lyf

so did you get ps plus for just the extra save space or did you read up why you should buy it.
and if your not a playstation follower why are you even making your own suggestions ?

+ BrazilianSniper on December 18th, 2012 at 3:18 am said:

I’m getting Counter Strike and I Am Alive.

+ Scaramanga1983 on December 18th, 2012 at 3:38 am said:

I was hoping to see discounts on DLC and Classics as well. Those CoD World at War map packs are very expensive.

+ Todoh789 on December 18th, 2012 at 6:14 am said:

Any chance of a sale on PSX games?

+ lajaro on December 18th, 2012 at 6:41 am said:

Nice offering, but I’ll be waiting until the next batch(es) of the 50 are released. Already have all three of those Vita games and nothing in the PS3 list of interest.

+ antper08 on December 18th, 2012 at 6:57 am said:

Yay Rayman Origin PS Vita and Escape Plan :)

Can’t wait to see what next week deals will bring.

I’m hoping to see more titles on PS3 though…

+ Char_222 on December 18th, 2012 at 7:24 am said:

where can I find these games? the lbp vita is still $35.99 in playstation store

+ Zevrou on December 18th, 2012 at 7:55 am said:

+ arbanoone on December 18th, 2012 at 8:06 am said:

Tried to buy Rayman Origins but it still at $19.99, what gives?

+ ItaChu on December 18th, 2012 at 8:12 am said:

40+ must have games? why didnt you give us the full list lol whats wrong with you guys today i hope you update early also

+ ItaChu on December 18th, 2012 at 8:15 am said:

#142 … did you just get your ps3 man? lol you have to wait till the store updates later today this isnt they posted it and immediately the prices are changed lol

+ ItaChu on December 18th, 2012 at 8:30 am said:

im waiting for gamestops next buy two get one free to get some real cheap games youve got some good offers here but id need to renew my ps plus and seeing the terrible line up i just dont see that happening you gotta step it up a notch

and p.s. give the vita a price drop already! your losing to nintendo

+ ItaChu on December 18th, 2012 at 8:31 am said:

and im still waiting for the monthly updates we all voted for… lets hope that happens next month

+ greycell on December 18th, 2012 at 9:22 am said:

Dear PSN team.

Will we ever see more/significant discounts on PSP games? I saw on the PSN+ update that Crush has been put on sale for $2.50, (which is awesome and I will certainly pick it up), but it’s been a long time. Having a PSP Go when there are piles of great games at around the $20 price point on PSN is frustrating, when they’re available for a few bucks on UMD.

I’d also love to rebuy some games that I gave up when I switched to the Go, but I never expected the Wipeout games and Gradius Collection to keep higher price points.

Especially if they’re Vita compatible games, it would probably help sales of older games, and new hardware.

Just a thought anyway.

+ omega_alpha-619 on December 18th, 2012 at 10:22 am said:

MASS EFFECT 3 on sale

make it happen (^ _ ^)

+ LeFabuleuxDeux on December 18th, 2012 at 12:17 pm said:

So…. Is this sale starting any time soon? What gives?

+ kaihopsn on December 18th, 2012 at 1:13 pm said:

Has anyone been able to buy any of the games? I’ve logged in to the store from my Vita, but the prices are still the old ones.

+ david2278 on December 18th, 2012 at 2:09 pm said:

You should add a feed from this blog straight to the playstation store so that we can see all the new sales either that or just add a on sale category. As of right now I don’t know of any way that I can see the sales when I’m actually on the store other than just going through every single game. Just put it under minis or something and call it “On Sale”.

+ McGlu on December 18th, 2012 at 2:39 pm said:

Still no sale prices for me either. Been checking all day.

+ Roxzanic on December 18th, 2012 at 5:34 pm said:

Is this sale for digital copies? If so, it seems that Rayman Origins for Vita doesn’t have a choice for buying the download (unless I’m missing it somehow…). There is only an option to buy the disc. How do I go about buying the game for the discounted price? I was looking forward to buying LBP Vita and Rayman Origins Vita.

+ BlueBl1zzard on December 18th, 2012 at 5:49 pm said:

@ Roxzanic Not entirely sure what you’re asking but yes the discounts for Rayman and LBP are the digital versions. The Playstation Store updated about an hour ago and it’s currently showing the discounted prices.

+ Roxzanic on December 18th, 2012 at 7:06 pm said:

@ BlueBl1zzard Thanks for answering! I was waiting for it to update as well. I’m an idiot… =.=

+ ranma627 on December 21st, 2012 at 2:02 pm said:

Love this list. Getting I Am Alive, Dyad and waiting to see if I get a Vita for Xmas, so I can get Rayman for it. Can’t wait see see next week’s deal. Any free games for the Instant Game Collection coming?

+ Gingerbread0Men on December 17th, 2012 at 9:03 am said:

Are we getting a Playstation Plus update any time soon?

+ WilburMonkey on December 17th, 2012 at 9:04 am said:

Great offerings! If you told me they patched in Move support on RE4 (a la the Wii version), I would be all over that.

+ Ryumoau on December 17th, 2012 at 9:04 am said:

Finally!! This sounds like it will actually be a deal for once. I’m not interested in this week’s titles personally, since already have RE4. But i am curious to see next week’s lineup.

+ snakeman07 on December 17th, 2012 at 9:06 am said:

I may pick up Escape Plan, but other than that, nothing for me this week, but look forward to the weeks ahead and the PS+ perks reveal for this week.

+ aelurio1980 on December 17th, 2012 at 9:06 am said:

Amazing. xD

+ Jose_64 on December 17th, 2012 at 9:06 am said:

I Am Alive for $10.49, “I´m in” xD

+ ASC2175 on December 17th, 2012 at 9:07 am said:

+ blakseed on December 17th, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

Gingerbread0men, they’ll be able to whine about THAT update later. This post is about discounts.

+ BatPixi on December 17th, 2012 at 9:09 am said:

will definitely be picking up Catherine this week.

Also will Rochard for ps plus be replaced with a vita or ps3 game on Tuesday?

+ joufes on December 17th, 2012 at 9:10 am said:

Nothing here for me or i already own the ones I like. I’m sure lots of people will like this, I know my cousin will probably get LBP for the vita.

+ TwinDad on December 17th, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

I am Alive and Rayman Vita it is. Can’t wait for next weeks sale.

I also look forward to dozens of posts from people who ask why the sale price isn’t in the store today.

+ avdavidw on December 17th, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

LBP Vita is really tempting at $17.49. It seems like it’s almost guaranteed to come to the Plus Instant Game Collection at some point though.

+ snakeman07 on December 17th, 2012 at 9:12 am said:

Actually, come to think of it, I may pick up CSGO as well. I played the trial and it was pretty fun, and got some trophies along the way. Seems like an easy plat to get for a cheap price :)

+ zabcdef123456 on December 17th, 2012 at 9:13 am said:

Cant wait for the plus update today.Got a feeling its going to be another bloodbath,lol…

+ YungShep on December 17th, 2012 at 9:14 am said:

I really wish you just show all of them and run the sale all the way through the time your trying to release them piece by piece..

id mess around buy something this week i want, but not as much as i want next week..

+ Ryumoau on December 17th, 2012 at 9:14 am said:

@12 yeah thats the problem with them only doing weekly updates for Plus. If we knew the month outline for Plus we wouldn’t have to worry about accidently buying something that will be free soon.

+ YungShep on December 17th, 2012 at 9:14 am said:

@14 the ps+ updates are always epic, last week was beyond! lol

+ Krysta91 on December 17th, 2012 at 9:17 am said:

Yayy, totally picking up LBP for the vita!!! Might pick up RE4 too…

+ Gorvi on December 17th, 2012 at 9:19 am said:

On the Blogcast they were saying there would be a bunch of games for $1, I’m guessing that’ll be next week.

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

+ Pierre Gravereau on December 17th, 2012 at 10:57 am said:

Hi Gorvi. Maybe the blogcast mixed things up. $1 products are Movies not Games. It starts this week and would be available for $1 ’till the end of the year. As for game discounts, we have a great line-up each week to check with good deals on PS3 Full Games, PSN games and PS Vita Games. Hope you will find game syou like in there. :-)

+ Gay_Angel on December 17th, 2012 at 9:19 am said:

Finally some news about sales! I have been waiting for this and will definitely be picking up some titles throughout the weeks.
Thank you! ^-^