PS4-Infamous

PULSE – Elite Edition: New App Allows Custom Pre-Set Modes

Richard Ho's Avatar + Posted by Richard Ho on Dec 17, 2012 // Associate Product Marketing Manager

Tomorrow, we’re releasing a free App to support the addition of new audio Modes for PULSE wireless stereo headset – Elite Edition. To make your listening experience more dynamic, BassImpact has been added to new Modes for games, movies and music. In some instances, the sound profiles of the original movie or music scores have been adjusted to emphasize certain sounds.

Pulse Elite Edition ManagerPulse Elite Edition Manager

As you know from watching our video walkthrough back in September there are currently six different default audio Modes available: Game, Shooter, Racing, Fighting, Music and Movie.

This new app will add five new Modes to your already enhanced audio experience:

• Football (Game):
    BassImpact lets you feel the crunch of bone-crushing tackles or jolts behind every kick of the football
  • Horror (Movie):
    Deep bass sounds are enhanced to heighten the eerie atmosphere while the high shrill of screams are boosted to make you jump out of your seat.
  • Action (Movie):
    The low and high sounds of explosions and gunfire are magnified delivering a bigger and more intense audio experience.
  • Techno (Music):
    The lows of bass beats and highs of synthesizers are amplified enhancing the audio experience.
  • Hip Hop (Music):
    Hear the kick of low bass combined with crisp sounds of vocals.

Pulse – Elite Edition Manager will be available for download on the PS3 Apps page of PS Store on December 18th. For more details, click here.

PAGE 1 2

+ elmatiz on December 18th, 2012 at 5:40 pm said:

where is the app, i cant find it on the store

+ MrTalKaLot03 on December 18th, 2012 at 5:44 pm said:

Yeah where the APP been waiting all day n still no APP and is 8:44PM and still no APP

+ O_Escrotizador on December 18th, 2012 at 6:14 pm said:

i can’t update!.

it says that battery too low. its half full!!

whats going on?

+ twgaines on December 18th, 2012 at 6:48 pm said:

i downloaded the app, but when i try to change the settings it says my headset is not connected….but it is

+ dboyman on December 18th, 2012 at 6:52 pm said:

Richard Ho, the Canadian PSN store is still not showing the app, why is the app ist showing for some but not for others?

+ aigomez on December 18th, 2012 at 6:59 pm said:

richard Ho, the app says my headset is not connected. too.

+ aigomez on December 18th, 2012 at 7:01 pm said:

i hope ur still there. you answer some pretty lame questios answer me why the app is not working .

+ elmatiz on December 18th, 2012 at 7:37 pm said:

the app its not in the canadian store…. we have to wait next week update for the app ?

+ Oshnaj on December 18th, 2012 at 8:05 pm said:

it says it is disconnected!!! and the headset is!!!!! fix it!!!

+ KANE—9— on December 18th, 2012 at 8:05 pm said:

I also got the same error about lo battery and not connected,

all i did was kept the app on, then removed the usb cable from the headset, powered it off, then powered it on and then connected it back to the usb cable, after that it detected and updated it correctly without a fuss.

Cheers.

+ dboyman on December 18th, 2012 at 8:47 pm said:

Still no app showing up on PSN…

+ KainDrake on December 19th, 2012 at 4:12 am said:

I can’t help but feel a little disappointed that more than one game genres weren’t added. So I’m wondering, would the Horror (movies) setting work with horror games or is that setting specific for movies? I’d like to know if different media settings work with other media because if so, the music setting would go great with music games. I guess the shooter setting would go fine with stealth games, but what about rpgs?

+ KainDrake on December 19th, 2012 at 4:14 am said:

Gah! forgot to ask in addition to the last one, with this manager out, are there plans for updates with more audio modes?

+ ManakaJunpei on December 19th, 2012 at 4:30 am said:

Awesome!

Please new Modes:

Horror (Game)

Action (Game)

Rock (Music)

Thanks!

+ Stoffinator on December 19th, 2012 at 7:54 am said:

Is there a reason I can’t find this on the Canadian PS Store? I looked under Apps and it’s no where to be found.

+ gunnsandwiches42 on December 19th, 2012 at 8:13 am said:

Guys, to use the app you need to connect your headset to the PS3 with the mini USB. Hope this helps!

I am in love with this product. Thank you for the app. Got rid of “racing and fighting,” don’t need those.

Now Im playing around with syncing it to my MAC and TV.

THANKS SONY

+ twgaines on December 19th, 2012 at 7:08 pm said:

I connected to the usb and it still dont work

+ aigomez on December 19th, 2012 at 11:25 pm said:

still not working . low battery?

+ bramg on December 21st, 2012 at 7:25 am said:

Why is this app not available in the Canadian Store?
Also, I find that the volume coming from the headset when using wireless is not nearly as loud as when using the supplied audio cable. It would be great if an online app could also boost the wireless volume limits.

+ siriusbee on December 23rd, 2012 at 2:58 am said:

I entered my password *just* to post this comment:

What happens is (and it happened to me), you hook the headset to your PS3, you download and install Richard’s app, keep pressing–all of a sudden someone says ‘Horror’ in the most interesting way.

Then you go on Netflix, and watch Pulse (Movie)

+ SuperXIX on December 26th, 2012 at 2:41 pm said:

Just got these PS3 Pulse Elite headphones for Christmas and I am a bit disappointed that I also don’t see the Elite Manager app in the Canadian PS store. Is there any reason for this delay and can we expect it in the next update of the store? Please advise. Thank you!

+ Incredinoob on December 29th, 2012 at 3:05 pm said:

What about a way to adjust MY mic volume? It picks up wayyy too much ambient sound when I’m playing with friends and they keep telling me to turn down my mic..my mic is stuck on level “3″ in settings and this headset won’t let me adjust it. What an oversight

+ FunkyFisk on December 30th, 2012 at 4:57 am said:

I just found this app on the U.S. PS store. Why is it not released here in Norway / Europe?

+ DonkeyKongKilla on December 30th, 2012 at 6:37 am said:

Hey, sense this is here, how about talking to PSN team and turtle beach to getting a PX5 Earforce app, It’d be very helpful so we PX5 users dont have to download the software to a computer and do the presets like that.

+ LoPros on December 31st, 2012 at 9:27 pm said:

I’m really digging my Pulse Elites so far. I had a set of the Stereo Headset but sold them after buying the Elites. The build of the Pulse Elites are way better in my opinion. Thanks for continuing to put out great product’s SONY!

+ thc-haze on January 2nd, 2013 at 12:12 am said:

You can’t get this app in the Canadian store.

Why?

+ MultiversalNomad on January 2nd, 2013 at 7:33 pm said:

Recently bought the headset, disappointed to see that the app isn’t yet (as of this writing) available in the Canadian PlayStation Store. Is this something that will be remedied?

+ grover35 on January 10th, 2013 at 12:10 pm said:

i have the new pulse headset, and somebody is giving away his old ps3 headset because he lost his usb dongle. will the new usb dongle work with the old ps3 headset? kindly give your response. thanks.

+ bramg on January 11th, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

Why is this app still NOT available in Canada? Reading about this app was one of the reasons that led me to purchase these headphones. Makes no sense for it not to be in the Canadian Playstation Store.

PAGE 1 2