PS4 - Transistor

Addictive Puzzler Burn the Rope Singes PS Vita Today

Franck Blaevoet's Avatar + Posted by Franck Blaevoet on Dec 18, 2012 // General Manager of RingZero Game Studio

Burn the Rope on PS Vita

We are happy to announce the release of Burn the Rope for PS Vita. Burn the Rope is an game where you — as the title implies — must burn as much rope as possible in each level. To start burning the rope you simply tap PS Vita’s front touchscreen wherever there is rope. Once the rope starts burning, you control the direction of the flame by rotating the screen.

The flame always burns up and it will burn out if it runs out of rope. The speed at which the flame travels along the rope is determined by the angle of the rope. You can also control the flame using the touch screen, by rotating the PS Vita or you can use the rear touchpad if you don’t want your fingers to block the view.

Burn the Rope on PS Vita

In addition, you can pinch on the rear touchpad to zoom in or zoom out. This can help if you have really big fingers or are all thumbs. Oh, it also helps if you want to be more precise in starting the flame.

As you progress through the levels, you will encounter bugs crawling along the rope, different flame colors, and different colors of rope. Different bugs react differently to the flame: For instance, the ant changes the color of the flame so you can burn different colored ropes, and the spider shoots out a web bridge so you can access different parts of the rope.

There are seven main worlds in Burn the Rope, and each world contains 16 levels, which means hours of fun gameplay. Once you have made your way through all the worlds you get a reward! You will be able to access a special eighth world that contains an extra 60 levels.

Burn the Rope on PS Vita

You can submit your score to the leaderboards to see your Today Ranking, Weekly Ranking, and All-Time Ranking and compare with your friends or the international player base. Burn the Rope is a fun and addictive active puzzler that will keep you entertained for hours. We hope you will enjoy the game as much as we do! Please send us your questions and comments. We’d love to hear from you!

+ thomasgraves on December 18th, 2012 at 12:34 pm said:

Cool. More PS Vita Games!

Franck Blaevoet's Avatar

+ Franck Blaevoet on December 20th, 2012 at 6:12 am said:

Hi thomasgraves! Thank you for your comment. Please keep posting!

+ Spanese13 on December 18th, 2012 at 12:36 pm said:

How much is it?

+ famousmortimer on December 18th, 2012 at 12:36 pm said:

Reasonable price and I’m in. I don’t quite expect it to be as low is on that fruit named phone, as that’s a much huger userbase, but please don’t tell me this is above $5. Pleeeeassseeee.

+ Psikorps on December 18th, 2012 at 12:37 pm said:

Played it on my phone a bunch, will get it on Vita if the price is right, speaking of which….how much?

+ megacarlos on December 18th, 2012 at 12:38 pm said:

Looks weird maybe a video would have been better than pics

+ cwsluke on December 18th, 2012 at 12:43 pm said:

I request more free Vita games with trophies like Montezuma blitz, pretty please <3 then you can sell $70 worth of virtual gems to noobs for HUGE profit.

+ DZORMAGEN on December 18th, 2012 at 12:45 pm said:

*CUES THE MUSIC* Burn the ropeeeeeeeee yeahhhhhhhhhhh, burn the ropeeeeeeeeeeee BURN IT!!!!!!!

+ cwsluke on December 18th, 2012 at 12:47 pm said:

@7 lolz

+ Ryumoau on December 18th, 2012 at 12:47 pm said:

i second the price request.

+ BlueBl1zzard on December 18th, 2012 at 12:55 pm said:

Looks interesting, hoping for a good price, PS Plus discount, or demo. Why are so many vita games releasing today? And on top of that we got the sales too….My wallet’s gonna hate me after this

+ fuze9 on December 18th, 2012 at 1:03 pm said:

This isn’t a version of the flash game “You Have to Burn the Rope”? Son, I am disappoint.

Franck Blaevoet's Avatar

+ Franck Blaevoet on December 20th, 2012 at 5:59 am said:

Hi fuze9! I have just played “You have to burn the rope” after reading your comment. I didn’t know this game. No, it is not the same game :)

+ plaztiksyke on December 18th, 2012 at 1:05 pm said:

Looks fun; I’ll try the demo.

I’d love to see Zen Bound come to Vita, making use of the front and rear touch.

+ Rhino_Dog on December 18th, 2012 at 1:26 pm said:

is this the same game on IOS, or is this a different version of the game? fun game btw, but hoping the price is right.

+ kivi95 on December 18th, 2012 at 1:35 pm said:

3# Well on the eu store it was €3.99/£3.19 so the price will probably be $3.99 or lower.

+ polo155 on December 18th, 2012 at 1:51 pm said:

can’t wait to try it

+ KPB17 on December 18th, 2012 at 2:06 pm said:

If the price is low enough then I’ll pick this up, enjoyed this on my iphone

+ erico316ecw on December 18th, 2012 at 2:16 pm said:

i hope we get dlc. are we getting more vita game from this studio?

+ warriorprincess8 on December 18th, 2012 at 2:25 pm said:

This game is $2.99 for the iPad, hoping it will be no more than $4.99 or ill have to pass.

+ PainOfSarrow on December 18th, 2012 at 3:19 pm said:

this game has to be nomoreee then 5 dollars max. wish this was for PSN aswell and not just vita. owellllll

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on December 18th, 2012 at 3:22 pm said:

Burn the rope is $0.99 on iOS, probably free on android. How much is it for vita?

+ KevCity89 on December 18th, 2012 at 3:44 pm said:

This has nothing to do with this blog. I just clicked on the PS store, & I saw “DmC: Devil May Cry” full game for $59.99. Is this the real thing, or a pre-order?

+ Ryumoau on December 18th, 2012 at 4:07 pm said:

@21 its just the preorder. The terrible new Store design doesn’t offer any info on it being that though like it used to.

+ StaggerLee on December 18th, 2012 at 4:25 pm said:

Burn The Rope is $3.99 on Vita. It’s a reasonable price.
Also, it is not free on Android as stated before. There are free versions for both iOS and Android but they are not content complete and they are ad supported. Even for the $.99 iOS version you need to but additional level pack for and remove the ads.

+ Elvick_ on December 18th, 2012 at 7:57 pm said:

I love mobile games, well some, and I will definitely pick this one up so I can play on my favorite platform. Will wait to see if I get a PSN card for Xmas first though.

+ snashmabalasik on December 23rd, 2012 at 11:21 am said: