The Last Guardian

Dec 18

Angry Birds Trilogy: Anger Management Pack Hits PSN Today

Matt Hohl's Avatar Posted by Matt Hohl on Dec 18, 2012 // Producer, Activision Publishing

Greetings, PlayStationeers! The holidays are just around the corner, and if you’re anything like us, you’ll have a bit of free time on your hands to relax on the couch and curl up with a nice video game. That’s why we’re flinging you all the details for the first DLC for Angry Birds Trilogy, landing on the PlayStation Network on December 18th. The Anger Management pack lets you pop the pigs across 130 additional levels from some of our favorite Angry Birds and Angry Birds Seasons episodes, including Birdday Party, Ham ‘O’ Ween, Wreck the Halls, Year of the Dragon, Cherry Blossom, and Piglantis. It also features full PlayStation Move support and, yes, adds new trophies to the game.

A new playable character joins your flock in this collection, as well – the Orange Bird. Don’t judge this small bird by its feathers, because Orange Bird packs a walloping surprise. His special power lets him rapidly expand up to a massive size, shoving aside nearby enemies and obstacles!

All of this is in addition to the new cutscenes, unique animated backgrounds, and hundreds of levels and hours of gameplay already caged within Angry Birds Trilogy. So if you’ve already managed to conquer the huge amount of content in the original game, we’ve got you covered.

Want an early look? Take a gander at this exclusive new gameplay trailer, showing off the variety of stages you’ll be able to experience in beautiful, high-definition detail later this month:

You can pick up Anger Management when it drops onto the PlayStation Network in North America on December 18 for $4.99. And if you still haven’t experienced the original Angry Birds Trilogy, you can download it directly from the PlayStation Store on January 8.

PAGE 1 2

+ ytl1986 on December 18th, 2012 at 3:04 pm said:

No Vita?

+ Ryumoau on December 18th, 2012 at 3:08 pm said:

@30 yeah, i just realeased it was Activision publishing this game lol. Now the ripping off customers makes more sense.

+ PrimeroIncognito on December 18th, 2012 at 3:13 pm said:

It can’t be a rip-off. Your hand isn’t forced. They’re not reaching into your pocket. There’s no deceit. Everything is out in the open.

You dorks don’t seem to know what terms fit where. You can call it over-priced, but there’s not a single shred of evidence of a rip-off here.

+ Destinys_Memory on December 18th, 2012 at 3:17 pm said:

I agree with the others that it’s insane that it’s not on Vita. But, seriously an MSRP of $39.99? For Angry Birds? When the Vita version comes out, will we have a $40 price point to look forward to there, too?

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on December 18th, 2012 at 3:18 pm said:

Where the hell is the vita version? And no, I won’t pay more than $5 for angry birds anywhere, it’s that price on iOS and android, why $40 here, are you kidding me?

+ Ryumoau on December 18th, 2012 at 3:44 pm said:

@37 just greed, plain and simple.

+ SikoSn1P4 on December 18th, 2012 at 3:48 pm said:

@PrimeroIncognito, You can’t be that ignorant, can you? Well i guess YOU can. If you really think $40 for a simple Angry Birds game with nothing to justify the price tag and you still think “it’s worth it” there is no convincing you.

You’re what we smart people call “sheep” Can you say “Baaaaa” for me?

+ PrimeroIncognito on December 18th, 2012 at 3:52 pm said:

Are you sure you really wanna get into a battle with me? Really? Smart? You?

Don’t make me…

+ SikoSn1P4 on December 18th, 2012 at 3:56 pm said:

@PrimeroIncognito Baaaaa

+ PrimeroIncognito on December 18th, 2012 at 3:59 pm said:

You’ve already died in this debate, son.

You put words in my mouth that I never said, and never would say. That killed it for you right there. When you have to resort to blatant fabrications, it only shows that you have no real counters to any points I made.

I never said it was “worth it”… I can’t believe you even put that in quotes as if I ever stated such nonsense…

You must have skimmed right over the part where I said, “You can call it over-priced”.

Don’t get your diaper all dirty and start flinging your crap at me just because I make you little poser turds look bad every single day. :)

+ PrimeroIncognito on December 18th, 2012 at 4:04 pm said:

1. You have the CHOICE to purchase the product, or not purchase it. There is no penalty for not purchasing the product.

2. Everything that is announced as being included in the product, really is included. No deception. No sleight of hand tactics.

Thus, there is no “rip-off”.

If you can’t comprehend such a simple concept, you must be the sheep… or even worse, a parrot… repeating the same nonsense all the other witless turds spilled out of their mouths before thinking.

+ Ryumoau on December 18th, 2012 at 4:05 pm said:

@39 just ignore Primer. Hes already been exposed as a Sony employee. Anytime i see that idiotic megaman reject character avatar i know too look past the post because it will offer nothing of actual substance.

Though it does kinda amuse me why a Sony employee is defending Activision’s dishonest business practices. Could be hes either incredibly stupid or just a terribly boring troll.

+ PrimeroIncognito on December 18th, 2012 at 4:13 pm said:

^^^This dude is just too dumb to realize how he shoots himself in the foot with every post.

Yep, a Sony employee who encouraged you to buy a game from Amazon instead of the PlayStation Store.

Oh crap, now you’ll have to say I’m an Amazon employee! :O

When will it end… when will it sink in… Probably never. But that’s cool with me. I can keep assisting you with making an ass of yourself if that’s what you really want… ;)

+ gauge918 on December 18th, 2012 at 4:53 pm said:

I think that in total, that is $45 overpriced. Angry Birds is most definitely not worth spending money on. All you losers arguing and not understanding that you are making the same point need to shut your mouths and learn a little bit about reading comprehension. You and every other person on this blog are saying don’t buy a game when it is free on another platform. The people have come to this conconclusion: Activision is just trying to rape people out of hard earned money. We all still have free will and common sense. We the people will not buy your rubbish that should be free.

+ GhostMachine1 on December 18th, 2012 at 5:03 pm said:

You guys lost money because i would have totally bought this for my vita.

+ EIBON7 on December 18th, 2012 at 6:47 pm said:

I paid $30 for the retail disc (on sale) and I do not feel ripped off. I also own the trilogy on iPhone (as well as Angry Birds Space, Angry Birds Star Wars, and Bad Piggies)… So I knew exactly what I was paying for. These games are seriously addictive and have incredible replay value. They look great on a large TV in 1080p. I don’t have to squint my eyes to play, and I enjoy the dual shock controls. Yes, the PS3 version is overpriced compared to the mobile versions, but it is most certainly not without value. Seriously, how many games these days give you 100+ hours of gameplay? And how many DLC packs give you 20+ hours?

Any chance we might see Angry Birds Space as DLC at some point?

+ Elvick_ on December 18th, 2012 at 7:52 pm said:

I would consider the game on Vita, the perfect handheld for it.

Posted from my Vita browser.

+ USRevenge2 on December 18th, 2012 at 7:58 pm said:

the problem is, the retail game is something in the $30-$40 range, and for iphone, and other devices it is $1-$2, or it’s free, no way in the world am I spending $28 more just to play it on my ps3. it will hit the $10 bargain bin soon enough

+ DarthDanMan on December 18th, 2012 at 8:23 pm said:

Zenonia got a patch (new build) that fixed pretty much all of the laggyness. All you have to do is redownload it offthe PSN Store.

+ morrislevy on December 18th, 2012 at 9:02 pm said:

The price point for any DLC, especially Angry Birds series is still too astronomical at this point. It’s a mobile platformer, with a HUGE following. The games are $1 on Android OS, and $1 for iPhone, and $3 HD version for theiPad. A price point of $30 MSRP for the game, and then to tack on $5 for DLC is just a plain and utter rip-off. I’m not impressed. Price drop please?!

+ dorkgeniuz21 on December 18th, 2012 at 10:12 pm said:

I dont get it, why hasnt ANgry birds came to the Ps Vita yet or at the least,the vita been made compatible with th AB ps mini?Is rovio planning angry birds space for the vita?

+ MorningGlory2011 on December 19th, 2012 at 3:17 am said:

@ Matt

Will Angry Birds in Space & Star Wars be available as DLC anytime soon?

+ MorningGlory2011 on December 19th, 2012 at 3:22 am said:

Oh and Bad Piggies?

+ RobsonU2 on December 19th, 2012 at 7:04 am said:

I downloaded the pack, but no levels and no trophies were added.
Plase, help.

+ NamesIrish13 on December 19th, 2012 at 8:33 am said:

I also downloaded the new dlc this morning and installed it, but nothing shows up. I cant find any new levels, no new trophies nothing. Basically i spent money on nothing? This needs to be fixed ASAP!!!

+ RobsonU2 on December 19th, 2012 at 8:36 am said:

Thanks, NamesIrish13. At least, the problem it’s not occuring only with me.

+ angibri2000 on December 19th, 2012 at 10:06 am said:

Vita please! Just because there aren’t enough people asking already. ;)

+ SikoSn1P4 on December 19th, 2012 at 1:09 pm said:

When did i ever say you had to buy a game? Apparently you can’tread. If you couldn’t gather what I was trying to say, i’ll dumb it down for you. CoD rehash premium price tag, get it kid?

Tell me I lost? You spewed words claiming it’s something i said.

And @Ryumoau, If you think I work for sony you have a warped sense of reality and your pre assumptions of people are just….wow

+ PrimeroIncognito on December 19th, 2012 at 1:41 pm said:

Are you talking to me? If you are, you’re still in the wrong. Apparently, YOU can’t read… or you have trouble with comprehension.

It doesn’t matter if the price tag is $1,000… it’s still not a “rip-off” unless the buyer is DECEIVED in some manner. If someone AGREES to pay that price, then they’ve decided that it is a fair price for one reason or another. I never said that I thought it was a good price. Hell, I don’t even know, because I’ve never even played Angry Birds.

But I can tell you this for sure – To a person who really loves Angry Birds, any future AB games or DLC packs could be worth $100 or more to them, just based on their personal perceived worth of the product, and level of satisfaction received from the game experience. It doesn’t matter how YOU see it if you’re not making the purchase, it only matters how each individual customer who buys it, sees it.

For example, Red Dead Redemption is one of the greatest games I have personally ever played… and I never even delved into the multi-player. I only paid $60, but it’s worth $100 if you ask me. It’s that awesome. Cool thing that it doesn’t really cost that much.

+ cronos1515 on December 19th, 2012 at 4:29 pm said:

Anybody figure out were it is in the game? I have downloaded it twice now and cannot find it anywere in the menus.

+ superstar0099 on December 19th, 2012 at 4:34 pm said:

sounds like a awsome game add on

+ RobsonU2 on December 20th, 2012 at 4:46 am said:

cronos1515, I have the same problem.
Still waiting for an answer.

+ Freshh23 on December 21st, 2012 at 6:23 pm said:

@11 gohan16ken , @14 kivi95 and @16 Ryumoau

Exactly, 100% FACT, not opinion, no matter what is said, that can’t change the fact that what they posted is 100% true and FACT.

Either enough people dumbly bought it or they are testing the waters to see if there will enough people dumb enough to purchase because it’s a fact that we, the consumers, are in control, companies are nothing without us, if we don’t purchase something because we know it’s overpriced and it’s ripping us off and anti consumer, companies will have no choice but to drop the price to a fair price or risk of getting out of business. Look at Jetpack Joyride, they tried to do a typical practice in today’s gaming which is charge more than they should, which is greedy, ripping us off and anti consumer and the only reason they do all the greedy and ripping us off practices is because they know enough gamers are dumb enough to still purchase their product, and now starting Monday Jetpack Joyride will be free on PSN most likely because not enough people purchased it, if any, that’s how it’s suppose to be!

+ Freshh23 on December 21st, 2012 at 6:25 pm said:

Get with the program guys, this is a basic, standard feature now, all content is available on all platforms and it;s download once, download anywhere, for example, iPhone, iPad, iPod and give us the option to be able to play our own legally ripped content on our platforms just like how it’s available on everything else. Dedicated gaming keeps getting worse and worse and keeps turning more and more people off.

+ PainOfSarrow on December 18th, 2012 at 11:52 am said:

yessss, im so angryyy

+ PainOfSarrow on December 18th, 2012 at 11:53 am said:

130 levels seems good for 5$. even though i dont got this game. yet…

Matt Hohl's Avatar

+ Matt Hohl on December 18th, 2012 at 12:16 pm said:

Thanks! For those interested, it equates to about 20 hours of additional content. My favorite new episodes are Piglantis which introduces water buoyancy mechanics, and Year of the Dragon with the new Mighty Dragon ability.

+ Fardeenah on December 18th, 2012 at 11:54 am said:

why cant the game be on vita

+ Gadirok on December 18th, 2012 at 11:57 am said:

Why would I want to play this on my ps3? It would have been much better suited for the vita.

Or better yet, cross-buy/cross-play.

With something as simple as angry birds, it shouldn’t be too hard to ask for that much.

+ guitarded77 on December 18th, 2012 at 11:57 am said:

Crazy that this is not on Vita… it’s the perfect platform for it. Crazy how much it costs too considering they are free on mobile devices and tablets.

+ Mikaa1701 on December 18th, 2012 at 12:01 pm said:

Why pay that much for DLC when the game is readily available for free on almost all cell phone services? Heck, the PSmini version is almost that cost.

And I have to also ask, why no offer on Vita? The 3DS retail verison is one of the biggest sellers this season, and Vita is missing a possible chance to ride on the hype.

+ Psikorps on December 18th, 2012 at 12:03 pm said:

Totally insane that its not on Vita.

+ Ryumoau on December 18th, 2012 at 12:09 pm said:

lol i remember when you guys had the nerve to release these games on retail disk for $40. I hope to god no one was stupid enough to pay that much for $0.99 iphone games.

$5 is still too much to be honest (considering its not even for Vita), but its more reasonable than before.

+ ItaChu on December 18th, 2012 at 12:11 pm said:

wheres the vita version with touch controls like 3DS Andriod and iOS? whats with the discrimination?

+ kivi95 on December 18th, 2012 at 12:14 pm said:

LOL this should be FREE after the Rip-off price you made people pay who bught the full game.

+ gohan16ken on December 18th, 2012 at 12:17 pm said:

So you pay $40 for the game and then $5 for DLC. While on iOS and Android, I pay 0.99 cents and get free DLC.

+ RenderMonk on December 18th, 2012 at 12:20 pm said:

Agreed there’s really no good reason why this can’t be on Vita….and if there is, I believe we as consumers who buy your product are entitled to know. I refuse to believe that you posted something on the Sony Blog without KNOWING that you would have to answer is specific question regarding angry birds and the Vita. We appreciate the explanation.

Matt Hohl's Avatar

+ Matt Hohl on December 18th, 2012 at 12:43 pm said:

It’s great to see so many passionate Vita fans on here. We are also a big fan of the platform, and have been exploring it as an opportunity for a new Angry Birds experience. As many of you are already aware, there are tons of cool ways to incorporate the many Vita input options with an Angry Birds experience. With that said, we don’t have anything official to announce yet.

+ BrianMcGuinness on December 18th, 2012 at 12:21 pm said:

@10 – they didn’t make you buy it. Grow up.

+ kivi95 on December 18th, 2012 at 12:25 pm said:

13# I did not buy it. It’s just sad to see a company rip-off console/handheld gamers this much when you compare the price to the Ios/android version.(they even got more content!!!)

+ nikrel on December 18th, 2012 at 12:30 pm said:

The issues are with Activision not the makers of angry birds. Baffling this is not on the vita. This is Activision we are talking here, profits or nothing. That is the truth.

+ Ryumoau on December 18th, 2012 at 12:31 pm said:

@13 are you really that stupid? Whether he bought it or not, charging $40 for 3 Angry Bird games that are $1 each on Iphone is a rip off, plain and simple.

PAGE 1 2