PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Happy Holidays from the Puppeteer Team

Gavin Moore's Avatar + Posted by Gavin Moore on Dec 18, 2012 // Art Director, SCE Worldwide Studios

Puppeteer: Christmas card

Hi everyone and a Merry Christmas to you all! To bring a little peace and goodwill to PlayStation fans all around the world, we decided to create a special Puppeteer Christmas card, designed so that you can reach out to your friends, family and gaming buddies and put a smile on their faces. Think of it as an early Christmas present from us to you.

Who hasn’t forgotten to send Season’s Greetings to certain friends or family? I know I have. We end up rushing madly around to get the card in the post and then hope it gets there before Christmas day. With the Puppeteer Christmas card, it’s as easy as clicking on the link, adding your recipient’s email address, writing a few thoughtful words and clicking send. All from the comfort of your home, work… or even the pub.

So please go ahead and click on the link and send something that will bring a little joy to someone when they open their email in the morning.

So, ‘how is Puppeteer going?’ I hear you cry.

Puppeteer is shaping up nicely! Playing great and looking awesome. From January we will be polishing, refining and adding extra little details, to make the whole experience something fantastical and wonderful that PlayStation fans deserve.

Even though it’s Christmas, we will be working through the holiday season. Actually, Christmas in Japan is a normal work day, but don’t feel that sorry for us. We will make sure that we have a few drinks in the office on Christmas day. Then I will spend a couple of days with my family at New Year, then back for the final push towards launch.

I will be in London for two weeks doing the voice recordings in January, popping across to Budapest for the music recordings, then back to Japan with all my wonderful assets to shove them lovingly into the game. This is one of my favourite parts of game creation. Getting the final assets into the game really brings everything together.

Well, I better crack on. Have a wonderfully Merry Christmas and I hope your New Year brings you joy and happiness.

22 Comments

+ cool_trainer on December 18th, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

Cool.

+ TXCScorpion on December 18th, 2012 at 9:12 am said:

Can’t wait, glad to see you’re doing voice overs on it. Is it the witch only or are you still doing it all?

+ Ageguyera21 on December 18th, 2012 at 9:12 am said:

Tight.

+ YungShep on December 18th, 2012 at 9:15 am said:

BEYOND!

i can’t wait to see more, really excited about the 3D addition!

+ Godchild1020 on December 18th, 2012 at 9:21 am said:

That is going to make a nice Vita start screen. Happy Holidays to you and everyone at PlayStation.

+ PhoenixDowny on December 18th, 2012 at 9:31 am said:

This is truly exciting and a nice Christmas treat. However, my most important concern is that this game is not a PS3 exclusive. I hope that “The Puppeteer” will be available on both PS3 and PS Vita just like has been done with LBP Vita and Hot Shots Golf World Invitation. I don’t own a PS3 yet but we need to see more Cross Play games on the PS Vita like we’ve seen with Warrior’s Lair.

+ GhostMachine1 on December 18th, 2012 at 9:32 am said:

Just sent this to my girlfriend. :D

+ Seeing_Red_Again on December 18th, 2012 at 9:36 am said:

Nice, thank you guys for all your hard work. “Final push towards launch” though? Sounds like it’s very close to releasing!

+ D-Squad3 on December 18th, 2012 at 9:52 am said:

I just want to know when the heck this game is coming out!

+ MakoSOLIDER on December 18th, 2012 at 10:45 am said:

I figured it was doing great, I suppose it’ll be out early next year then? My real question is: how is rain doing?

+ boxmyth on December 18th, 2012 at 10:47 am said:

This is one of my most anticipated games for 2013. Also, I love that tiger in the card.

+ eddieanton on December 18th, 2012 at 1:16 pm said:

Can hardly wait for this… this is sooo up my alley… i wanna get lost in that world XD, you guys should think about making dlc for lbp… the costumes would be so cool.

+ DarkOne_PR on December 18th, 2012 at 1:29 pm said:

cross buy and im in!

+ Wozman23 on December 18th, 2012 at 1:58 pm said:

A release date/window would be the perfect Christmas gift. This and Sly are fighting over my coveted “most anticipated” title.

+ freshprincepbg on December 18th, 2012 at 2:44 pm said:

Sooooo, can we get a estimated release date for this? :D

+ cookiemonster525 on December 18th, 2012 at 3:17 pm said:

This game looks awesome. Please tell us when it’s releasing SOON! :)

+ dustyjack_ on December 18th, 2012 at 4:24 pm said:

666 in the “R”…just for funz

+ Elvick_ on December 18th, 2012 at 8:21 pm said:

I need this game. So excited for it.

+ Welmosca on December 19th, 2012 at 8:41 am said:

Thats an awesome christmas card…I can’t wait for this game…I got on pre-order…this will be one of the best games of 2013 for sure…I’m dying to play.After TLoU…Puppeteer is my most anticipated game of 2013.

+ Welmosca on December 19th, 2012 at 8:47 am said:

@17 dustyjack_ – Oh jeez…they cannot have done that of purpose.Please.BTW nice catch sir.

+ F-B-ULTRACHAOS on December 19th, 2012 at 6:43 pm said:

I Love Japan Studios, i cant wait to see Puppeteer and Soul Sacrifice

+ Kchow23 on December 23rd, 2012 at 2:02 am said:

Very awesome image! looking forward to this game releasing and that it will receive its due support in marketing. The image alone is so full of vibrant colours and a ton of creativity.