PS4 - Destiny

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault – Patch, Free Map Coming Soon

James Stevenson's Avatar + Posted by James Stevenson on Dec 18, 2012 // Community Lead, Insomniac Games

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal AssaultRatchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault

We’ve been having a blast playing against you online in the last few weeks, and we hope you’ve been enjoying the game as much as we’ve enjoyed making it and playing online ourselves.

As you know, Full Frontal Assault is a cross-buy enabled title, so your purchase of the PS3 game entitles you to download the PS Vita version at no additional cost upon its release. Tin Giant and Sony have been hard at work to finish the Vita version, which will be available soon in early 2013. If you bought the PS3 game digitally, you’ll be able to download it via your Download List on the XMB when it releases. For those purchasers of the retail disc, you can download the Vita version via the “Disc Benefits” option under Game on the XMB.

One thing every great multiplayer game has is new content and support. The team in North Carolina has been working hard and listening to your feedback the last few weeks. We have a new patch coming out this week for Full Frontal Assault that addresses many of your requests, and fixes some of the balance issues both online and in the campaign. In addition, we are adding two additional levels to the weapons in the game, so you’ll be able to further up(grade) your arsenal.

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault Metropolis Postcard

But that’s not all — in early January we’ll be bringing another patch to the game that will add a new multiplayer map. This patch will be free and will add the map for all users. This map is set in one of the most famous locations in the Ratchet & Clank universe: Metropolis. Check out a first sneak peak at the new map above.

For those of you who have already jumped into Full Frontal Assault, thanks for your support! And for those of you still waiting, check out the free trial on PSN. The game features a fun-sized campaign, but also two-player campaign co-op and our unique 1v1 and 2v2 competitive mode for just $19.99!

We have more skins and free maps to come in 2013 as well, so stay tuned to the PlayStation.Blog for the latest updates. If you have any questions, ask below and we’ll do our best to answer them.

PAGE 1 2

+ Welmosca on December 19th, 2012 at 9:34 am said:

Ha nice news…played the demo and its fantastic…can’t wait for the full game but I can’t find an rental version and I won’t be buying digital.

+ Welmosca on December 19th, 2012 at 9:56 am said:

Oh just another thing…I loved the Tower of Defense thing in the game…it adds a cool element to the already awesome gameplay.

+ Welmosca on December 19th, 2012 at 10:00 am said:

I mean…Tower Defense.LOL

+ schmitty012343 on December 19th, 2012 at 8:01 pm said:

Insomniac has really stepped it up in the production of this game. Its new twist and defense like feel is great. I love sitting and playing a few matches at night before bed over call of duty ANYTIME, and thats saying a lot. And i can’t argue with the price tag either! Loving the game so far, keep it up!

+ CovertClay on December 20th, 2012 at 12:20 am said:

Hey keep up the good work! WOW I’m soo excited your bringing back metropolis. I’m currently hooked on the trial version and I’m defiantly going to get the full version. The only thing I’m concerned about lag. Where are your severs located in the USA?

+ DarkMegamanSX900 on December 20th, 2012 at 5:29 pm said:

Hay I have a good question..do you guys think we could get some new Ratchet and Clank avatars.I mean I was looking forward to some new ones,when the Ratchet and Clank Collection came out.Don’t get me wrong I like the 10th anniversary avatar,but I would like to see some new Ratchet and Clank avatar in the PSN Store.

+ camatzker on December 21st, 2012 at 4:40 pm said:

Got my update download for FFA weapon level increase and it is awesome. The level up increased the amount of ammo, greater distance and more damage.
My only problem with the game is trying to play split screen. Something to do with resolution. Will there be a fix for this?

+ Whitennerdy898 on December 22nd, 2012 at 3:54 pm said:

Is there some way I’m missing to play competitive multiplayer locally – i.e., two people on the same console? It seems like developers are always forgetting about those of us who still interact with our friends in real life…

+ Elvick_ on December 23rd, 2012 at 5:04 am said:

@47: Yeah, if anyone knows how Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction was built, it would be you not the developers.

+ stuntlyd4 on January 3rd, 2013 at 2:45 pm said:

I am a big fan of the entire RAC series and hav got every game including Secret Agent Clank& RAC Size Matters on both PS2 & PSP platforms. there are 2 Questions I would like answered;

1. Will there be a chance eventually to mayb play as Qwark, Ratchet and Clank in a 3 player co-op instead of at least one of them stuck on the sidelines using a warmonger (i think) cannon? for it to have feeling of original RAC and RACA4O.

2. Can there be an update so that we can play with another random user (that’s not on friends list) in the co-op storyline.

+ moogsy77 on January 4th, 2013 at 11:08 pm said:

All 4 one was amazing, loved it.
So much fun with friends, i is intense fun and i surprisingly enjoyed it and havent enjoyed such a good multiplayer game in years.
One of the things Insomniac is accomplishing is having games offline/online and multiplayer at home, which is the classic thing we all love.

This game looks good, have tried it a few times and it looks promising, a step that Ratchet & Clank series have never gone before, but its fun to try new things.
Honestly the creativity and the focus the company gives the game is admiring and what other companies should be taking notes of.

Dont understand people that dont like those games, theyre so much fun and great gameplay/ gunfights/ humor/ everything.

+ slycooper330152 on January 6th, 2013 at 3:35 pm said:

Great game but will thier be a sequel to a crank in time next year

+ karl131 on January 6th, 2013 at 5:14 pm said:

i really enjoy all of the R&C games youve come up with but will there be any more patches for full frontal assault besides the metropolis update?
i would really like to know :)
thx for being great inventors

+ moogsy77 on January 9th, 2013 at 2:56 pm said:

After trying Q-Force more, i found it the shortest game i’ve ever played honestly, 2 hours is just insanely short.
Multiplayer is probably where its at, but i’ve found All 4-one a 10x better game.
I hope Q-Force get’s updated because it feels very incomplete and glitchy.
Needs serious update in my opinion, defences are so weak. You have to use guns like crazy.

+ APA_ZAROZO on January 11th, 2013 at 1:39 pm said:

Question: Will the PS Vita Version, feature the Campaign Co-op online play, too? Beacuse I’m really looking forward to play along with pals, more than against them.

+ AGprodigy123 on January 16th, 2013 at 1:46 pm said:

AGprodigy123 says

glad to see this as a map. and is it free cause thats what i was hearing

PAGE 1 2