PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Happy Holidays from Guerrilla Games!

Victor Zuylen's Avatar + Posted by Victor Zuylen on Dec 24, 2012 // Editor, Killzone Community

Happy holidays from all of us here at Guerrilla!

Guerilla Games Holiday Card 2013

As 2012 draws to a close, we look back at an eventful year for Guerrilla and the Killzone series. In February we released Killzone 3 Multiplayer, a standalone version of Killzone 3’s online mode and DLC maps, on the PlayStation Store. In August we announced a new handheld title for PlayStation Vita called Killzone: Mercenary, which sees its protagonist fight on both sides of the ISA-Helghast conflict. And in October we simultaneously released Killzone Trilogy, a bundle containing all three first-person shooters in the Killzone series, and Killzone HD, a high-definition remaster of our original Killzone game.

In addition to these planned events, there were also a few surprises along the way. In early November we were wowed by a 15-minute fan-made live action film called Killzone Intercept, which even blew our own live action trailer for Killzone: Mercenary out of the water.

Director Brian Curtin had been in touch with Guerrilla about his ambitious plans for a short Killzone movie, but we were still unprepared for the level of awesomeness he’d bring to the project. The end result is a testament to the sheer creativity of our fans, and we feel very blessed to have such dedicated followers.

But the biggest highlight of the year was being able to welcome SCE Cambridge Studio into our fold. We’ve officially become a multi-studio company! Guerrilla Cambridge — as our new sister studio is known — is working hard to ensure that Killzone: Mercenary will be the ultimate handheld first-person shooter experience when it launches for PlayStation Vita in 2013.

The team is intimately familiar with handheld game development, having previously worked on titles such as LittleBigPlanet for PSP, and they’ve done a phenomenal job adapting the Killzone 3 engine to the PS Vita platform.

2013 is gearing up to be another big year for Guerrilla – quite possibly the biggest since we released the original Killzone way back in 2004. We’ll have more details for you at a future date, but until then we hope you share a wonderful holiday with your loved ones, and we’ll see you in 2013.

50 Comments

+ KrisButtar on December 24th, 2012 at 9:05 am said:

happy holidays, ps i bought the Killzone Trilogy, and am enjoying it

+ UncannySilk on December 24th, 2012 at 9:06 am said:

Helghan ornaments. The tree will be a bright and vibrant orange for our great planet.

+ Makinen on December 24th, 2012 at 9:07 am said:

Merry Christmas guys – keep up the awesome work. Can’t wait for Killzone: Mercenary

+ manixram on December 24th, 2012 at 9:07 am said:

Can’t wait for Next Killzone :) happy holidays

+ YungShep on December 24th, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

happy holidays to you all! cannot wait for a TRUE FPS to grace my beautiful OLED Vita screen….I LOVE KILLZONE!

+ Galvanise_ on December 24th, 2012 at 9:09 am said:

RIP Studio Cambridge. One of the brightest stars, badly mismanaged and not given a good enough chance.

Forever bailing other studios out when they faltered.

+ Mastamind1337 on December 24th, 2012 at 9:09 am said:

Awesome can’t wait for Killzone: Mercenary

+ Undrey on December 24th, 2012 at 9:13 am said:

Can’t wait for Killzone Mercenary! I have not played any other Killzone game (might get the trilogy after Mercenary), but do I need to play the original 3 to understand the story of Mercenary?

Also, SCE Cambridge developed the fantastic MediEvil games, awesome to see them working on the game!

+ Alastor424 on December 24th, 2012 at 9:16 am said:

Can’t wait for Killzone Mercenary.

Happy Holidays guys, good luck to you on the new title, and good luck to you on your next title, which is hopefully Killzone 4. Btw, please bring 2-player co-op story to Killzone 4! It would have been amazing in Killzone 3!

Happy Holidays!

+ DriveForSix on December 24th, 2012 at 9:16 am said:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! The team at GG has given me so many hours of great gaming and fun.

I hope 2013 is a wonderful year for all of you!

+ megacarlos on December 24th, 2012 at 9:19 am said:

Kz hd should of been put on sale its the only one ive yet to play

+ BlueBl1zzard on December 24th, 2012 at 9:20 am said:

Already had killzone 2 and 3, picked up Killzone HD (thanks again guys!) and will definitely be getting Mercenary can’t wait!

Happy Holidays Everyone!

+ Robbie_G_lrish on December 24th, 2012 at 9:21 am said:

@9 You can play Killzone 3′s story in 2 player co-op.

I’m really looking forward to Killzone: Mercenary. I hope it has the heavy weight/feel and hardcore recoil of Killzone 2.

+ BlueBl1zzard on December 24th, 2012 at 9:23 am said:

@ Alastor424 2-player local coop was in Killzone 3, unless you meant online coop. But I would rather have a traditional splitscreen Warzone mode like how you guys had it in Killzone 1

+ gamer_316 on December 24th, 2012 at 9:23 am said:

Season’s Greetings from Guns of the Helghast

+ KazeEternal on December 24th, 2012 at 9:25 am said:

Looking forward to Killzone Mercenary, please make sure this is a storng release with a strong story and gameplay. There are too many disappointing shooters on Vita since launch, namely Resistance and Unit 13. hopeful for Killzone 4 news (PS4?) and possibly a web series for the next game?

+ Darktoad666 on December 24th, 2012 at 9:27 am said:

waiting…

+ supreme_br on December 24th, 2012 at 9:53 am said:

Merry Christmas!!

Do your best next year too!

I hope Mercenary brings a new level for gaming portable awesomeness.

+ swisstylez on December 24th, 2012 at 9:59 am said:

Merry Christmas!!!

Can’t wait for Killzone mercenary. Cheers!!

+ vanwinkle on December 24th, 2012 at 10:01 am said:

Merry Christmas to you guys. Can’t WAIT for Mercenaries!

+ MD128 on December 24th, 2012 at 10:18 am said:

Cannot wait to see what you guys come up with in 2013!

Merry Christmas everyone!

I <3 Guerrilla Games :)

+ NashTheSlash on December 24th, 2012 at 10:20 am said:

KZ2+KZ3 are amazing. I can’t wait to see what is next.

+ GibbShift on December 24th, 2012 at 10:21 am said:

Big year for GG in 2013? Sounds like a next gen KZ tech demo at E3 to me. Bring the pain, Guerilla. My body is not red e.

+ Ivan_R on December 24th, 2012 at 10:23 am said:

Can’t wait for new Guerrilla IP… and Killzone on PS4 :).

Happy Hollidays!

+ Zezzler on December 24th, 2012 at 10:41 am said:

Thank you for all of the fantastic games that you guys have brought us!
I still play Killzone 3 online, and cannot wait to see more about Killzone Mercenaries!

Happy Holidays to all of the fine folks at Guerrilla Games!

+ buddyng4 on December 24th, 2012 at 10:56 am said:

happy holidays gg! i can’t wait for killzone mercenary, i think it will be the best handheld shooter but i don’t have a problem with the current shooters though. i can’t wait for killzone 4.

+ Kchow23 on December 24th, 2012 at 11:07 am said:

Happy Holidays! Very excited for Killzone Mercenary and hopefully Killzone 4 will have much improved storytelling.

+ reson8er on December 24th, 2012 at 11:10 am said:

Absolutely love Killzone, happy holidays guys looking, forward to your next efforts!

+ KILLO31 on December 24th, 2012 at 11:26 am said:

Merry Christmas. I hope Santa doesn’t get shot down by Helgan air defenses.

+ KrisButtar on December 24th, 2012 at 11:28 am said:

sounds like you guys are releasing Killzone: Mercenary, and a PS4 game?

+ MakoSOLIDER on December 24th, 2012 at 11:35 am said:

Glad to see u came up with a name for the new Cambridge. Excited for the new IP on PS4 next year

+ remanutd5 on December 24th, 2012 at 11:45 am said:

I’m expecting nothing less than amazing from Killzone Mercenary please consider a 2 players online co op campaign and 16 players online multiplayer maps, i think Killzone Mercenary will be the ELITE fps on the vita!!!

oh and Kizzy 4 better be a ps4 launch title!!!!! next year is gonna be insane!!!

+ bldudas on December 24th, 2012 at 12:11 pm said:

Merry Christmas!

And Killzone is awesome!

+ cwsluke on December 24th, 2012 at 12:23 pm said:

See I didn’t know you had another studio devloping KZ:M That means you must be working on another PS3 (or maybe PS4) title =D!! Merry Christmas! I love you guys, your games are my overall favorite FPS and I just got the KZ Trilogy a few weeks ago, but I already had KZ2, KZ3 Multiplayer and KZ3. So give yourselves a pat on the back and take a breather this Christmas, all your hard work is greatly appreciated (at least by me)! btw the KZ Trilogy trailer was awesome!

+ freshprincepbg on December 24th, 2012 at 1:13 pm said:

“2013 is gearing up to be another big year for Guerrilla – quite possibly the biggest since we released the original Killzone way back in 2004″

OMG! OMG! OMG! PS4 in 2013!!!

Can’t wait to see what you’re doing GG, also can’t wait until KZ: Mercenaries

+ AleXx2626 on December 24th, 2012 at 2:46 pm said:

Can we get a Triple XP weekend for the holidays?

+ thunderbear on December 24th, 2012 at 3:13 pm said:

Can only dream about what you guys are going to unveil in 2013! Feels like it’s been forever since Killzone 3, which was awesome, so I can’t wait. I really hope you have something up your sleeve for the next iteration of Playstation for this years E3 (assuming the rumors are true…)!

+ Don_Knotts on December 25th, 2012 at 3:02 am said:

I hope Cambridge being becoming a sister studio doesn’t finally kill my long long awaited hopes of a MediEvil 3. It does give some new weight too the Sir Dan -X- Radec rivalry in PS All Stars. I thought It was just the shielded range killer -X- the long range master . I wonder if this is the real reason we see them as rivals or just a happy accident. hmmmm

+ remanutd5 on December 25th, 2012 at 7:27 am said:

Hey Victor is there gonna be a Killzone Mercenary Beta? if so i want to be part of it!!!!! please consider 16 players online multiplayer maps and online co op campaign, thanks.

+ coolasj19 on December 25th, 2012 at 9:20 am said:

Happy Holidays to the everyone.

+ TMAZT3R on December 25th, 2012 at 8:46 pm said:

I am telling you right now you monkey’s you better bring it with Mercenary, I swear to god, if this game is good the vita will start an inclination of just pure goodness.

+ TMAZT3R on December 25th, 2012 at 8:47 pm said:

Forgot to say, Happy Holidays, hope you developers are taking a easy brake and so to you beautiful gamers.

+ D-Squad3 on December 26th, 2012 at 2:12 am said:

Okay I think everyone is waiting for you guys to make a NEW IP. I like Killzone but I’m getting tired of it. Same with Santa Monica, I LOVE God of War but I want something NEW from them.

+ goodguy_reuben on December 26th, 2012 at 4:19 pm said:

I can’t wait for more info on Mercenaries!

+ RISE_UP44 on December 26th, 2012 at 10:28 pm said:

I absolutely love the Killzone series, I hope they do the vita game right so that we finally have a proper FPS on vita not like Resistance or COD. I have faith in G.Games

+ PatrickCameron on December 27th, 2012 at 3:06 am said:

Yeah!!! Thanks for the well wishes, Happy Holidays to you guys too… I can’t wait for the next Killzone!! Bring it on!!

+ BoNeSaW23 on December 27th, 2012 at 5:24 pm said:

Sold Killzone 2 and 3 so I could pick up the Trilogy with a DS3 controller and I have to admit Killzone HD is really fun and better than I was expecting from a PS2 game.

+ eloso312 on December 30th, 2012 at 6:03 am said:

sos unos grosos dios , ala , buda los vendiga .si pueden salven al kill zone 3 y modifique el online que es en comparacion con el 2 inferior

+ alinaS123 on December 30th, 2012 at 10:19 pm said:

Happy New Year to all in advance….The game is just great, loved it. If anyone of you is interested in puzzle games then you can really check this site: http://www.gameoz.com.au/

Have a nice day!