PS4-The Order

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Dec 24, 2012 // Director, PlayStation Store

PlayStation Store Update

Bundles

Motorstorm Complete Edition ($11.99)
Take your MotorStorm RC experience to the extreme with this “Complete” Edition, including the full game and all its DLC!
ESRB: E – Everyone // File Size: 1.2 GB

PS Vita

Motorstorm Complete Edition ($11.99)
ESRB: E – Everyone // File Size: 1.2 GB

PlayStation Store Highlights

Holiday Essentials Banner

Happy holidays! It’s a light publish this week due to the holiday season, but you can still pick up some great new deals via our Holiday Essentials Sale. If you’re a PS Plus member, you can enjoy deeper discounts on those deals, plus Retro City Rampage for free.

It’s also worth noting that a couple things have been updated in the PS Store navigation. We’ve incorporated some of your feedback and you can now filter Add-ons by game title and the Weekly Deals section has been placed more prominently. We hope these changes will help you find what you’re looking for.

As always, please leave your thoughts in the comments below. You can also chat about this update in the PlayStation Community Forums.

PlayStation Plus

PlayStation Plus Update: 12-24-2012

Click here to learn more and purchase online or go to the PlayStation Store to activate instantly.

Instant Game Collection

• Retro City Rampage (both PS3 & PS Vita)

Discounts

• Unit 13 (30%) – PS Plus Price $12.94 $17.49
  • Journey (30%) – PS Plus Price $7.35
  • Papo & Yo (30%) – PS Plus Price $7.35
  • Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (30%) – PS Plus Price $17.14
  • Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD (30%) – PS Plus Price $7.34
  • Starhawk (30%) – PS Plus Price $19.60

Last Chance (Leaving on 12/31)

• PS Vita Instant Game Collection – Jet Set Radio
  • Discount – Journey
  • Discount – Papo & Yo
  • Discount – Metal Gear Solid HD Collection PS3
  • Discount – Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD
  • Discount – Starhawk

Holiday Essentials Sale

• Duke Nukem Forever – PS3 Game (now: $13.99 original price: $19.99 Plus price: $9.80)
  • Journey – PS3 Game (now: $10.49 original price: $14.99 Plus price: $7.35)
  • Killzone 3 Multiplayer – PS3 Game (now: $10.49 original price: $14.99 Plus price: $7.35)
  • Mafia II – PS3 Game (now: $13.99 original price: $19.99 Plus price: $9.80)
  • Mortal Kombat – PS3 Game (now: $20.99 original price: $29.99 Plus price: $14.79)

Other Sales

• Galaga Legions – PS3 Game (now: $6.99 original price: $9.99 Plus price: $4.90)
  • Metal Gear Solid HD Collection – PS Vita Bundle (now: $24.99 original price: $34.99 Plus price: $17.14)
  • Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD – PS3 Game (now: $10.49 original price: $14.99 Plus price: $7.34)
  • Papo & Yo – PS3 Game (now: $10.49 original price: $14.99 Plus price: $7.35)
  • Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty – PS3 Game (now: $10.49 original price: $14.99 Plus price: $7.35)
  • Starhawk – PS3 Game (now: $27.99 original price: $39.99 Plus price: $19.60)
  • The Simpsons Arcade Game – PS3 Game (now: $6.99 original price: $9.99 Plus price: $4.90)
  • Unit 13 – PS Vita Game (now: $24.99 original price: $26.99 Plus price: $12.94)
  • Retro City Rampage – PS3 Game (now: $9.99 original price: $14.99)
  • Retro City Rampage – PS Vita Game (now: $9.99 original price: $14.99)
  • Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational – PS Vita Game (now: $12.49 original price: $17.99)
  • NBA 2K13 10000 VC PACK – PS3 Game (now: $1.49 original price: $2.99)
  • NBA 2K13 2000 VC PACK – PS3 Game (now: $0.49 original price: $0.99)
  • NBA 2K13: 5000 VC PACK – PS3 Game (now: $0.99 original price: $1.99)

Price Change

• RESIDENT EVIL 6 – PS3 Game (now: $39.99 original price: $59.99)

PS Vita Add-ons

Motorstorm RC
  • Elite Vehicle Value Pack ($0.99) – Become one of the premier stars of the MotorStorm RC Festival with this money saving Value Pack – featuring all eight super-cool vehicles in the Elite collection.
  • Mischief Vehicle Value Pack ($0.99) – Spread madness and mayhem through the MotorStorm RC Festival circuit with this Vehicle Value Pack, containing all eight of the vehicles from the Mischief collection.
  • Veteran Vehicle Value Pack ($1.99) – Get back behind the wheel of some all-time classic MotorStorm vehicles and relive past glories with eight rescaled racers in this Veteran Vehicle Value Pack.
  • Special Vehicle Value Pack ($2.79) – Make your mark on the MotorStorm RC Festival with 20 of the most outrageous and unique vehicles ever to take to the track.
  • Double Expansion Value Pack ($3.99) – Take your MotorStorm RC experience to the next level with the Pro-Am and Carnival Expansion Packs, containing a total of 10 tracks, 40 events and 16 additional vehicles to turbo boost your RC Festival experience.

PS3 Add-ons

Motorstorm RC
F1 Race Stars
  • Canada Track ($4.99) – Download the F1 RACE STARS Canada Track! Dodge the grumpy groundhogs and race across a frozen river in this brand new F1 RACE STARS circuit!
  • China Track ($4.99) – Download the F1 RACE STARS China Track! Whip through water gardens and speed along a dragon’s back in this brand new circuit!
  • India Track ($4.99) – Download the F1 RACE STARS India Track! Make your move through a mountain railway pass, overtake in the overgrown ruins and power through palace gardens in this great new circuit!

PS3 Themes

• NBA Dynasty 76ers Dynamic Theme — $2.99
  • NBA Dynasty Celtics Dynamic Theme — $2.99
  • NBA Dynasty Lakers Dynamic Theme — $2.99
  • NBA Dynasty Heat Dynamic Theme — $2.99
  • NBA Dynasty Pistons Dynamic Theme — $2.99
  • NBA Dynasty Bulls Dynamic Theme — $2.99
  • NBA Dynasty Spurs Dynamic Theme — $2.99

232 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ SweetReLeaf on December 24th, 2012 at 10:42 am said:

Finally lowered the Re6 price, thank you been waiting on that.

+ SacredxSaber on December 24th, 2012 at 10:42 am said:

Cool retro city is free ^^

+ harrypoopers on December 24th, 2012 at 10:44 am said:

Far Cry 3 at 50% off next week, please…

+ Stoffinator on December 24th, 2012 at 10:45 am said:

Unit 13 is showing $17.49

+ drhummingbird on December 24th, 2012 at 10:45 am said:

I was under the impression from reading multiple comments from Sony reps that the store update was going to be on tuesday like normal.

I wanted to get lbp vita for 17.50 and thought I would have until the afternoon today to do it. You guys even said the store updates would be a bit later than normal…10:45am pacific is like 5-6 hours early!

+ tgpumpkin on December 24th, 2012 at 10:45 am said:

Awesomesauce!

Really excited about Retro Rampage, but it leads me to a question. I know it’s the holidays and I might not get an answer but I hope you consider it.

Do you offer an opportunity for people to ‘buy’ games from the Instant Game Collection at the sale price? As an example, you have Retro right now for $9.99. If a person wanted to buy the rights to that instead of having it freely downloaded and attached to a subscription, do you offer that opportunity?

Just an idea. Great update. Thanks. Happy Holidays to you and your families Playstation team! You do a great job.

+ boomstickbhg on December 24th, 2012 at 10:46 am said:

Ubisoft said the weekend flash sale included AC3 and MUCH MORE and that it was HUGE.

Where is the rest of the Ubisoft sale content?

Only AC3 and AC Vita were on sale this weekend.

2 items is not AC3 + much more.

What is going on?

+ Ftwrthtx on December 24th, 2012 at 10:48 am said:

Thanks for the early update and Merry Christmas to everyone at PlayStation!

+ Andy10003 on December 24th, 2012 at 10:49 am said:

You guys should at least list that Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is the Vita version in the PS+ section. I went in thinking it was the ps3 version :S

+ triple_lei on December 24th, 2012 at 10:49 am said:

Yeah… I was still wondering if i should take the plunge on the Rayman sale… guess not anymore…

+ retro25 on December 24th, 2012 at 10:49 am said:

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!!!

+ Ivajosh on December 24th, 2012 at 10:50 am said:

The Metal Gear Solid Discount and the Mortal Kombat discount are for the Vita versions? Please be so. D:

+ boomstickbhg on December 24th, 2012 at 10:50 am said:

Oh as for the store update, last week was a ton of content even though there was nothing for me.

This week there’s barely any content and nothing for me.

Guess I’ll have to wait yet another week (the very last day of december) to see if I get anything on psn this holiday season.

Eu got 12 days of gaming with tons of full games up to 50% off, plus they had the festive sale which is the same as our holiday sale, except more full ps3 games and add-ons on sale. Most of our sales are on things we’ve already had on sale before…

Yeah we’re not supposed to compare regions and I bought a EU Plus account for this very reason but even so.

Compared to the EU we’re getting shafted. Then you add in the HUGE FLASH WEEKEND SALE was only on 2 games even though Ubisoft themselves said there would be much more.

And all I get for this xmas eve is dissapointment.

I hope you have some nice suprises still coming this holiday season/sale and that this update is a smokescreen.

+ tgpumpkin on December 24th, 2012 at 10:50 am said:

#5 — I hear ya and was thinking about picking up Dokuro or Escape Plan especially seeing that Rampage which is what I was hoping for is FREE for Plus. At the same time I can’t be angry because I had 6 other days to buy it didn’t.

+ drhummingbird on December 24th, 2012 at 10:52 am said:

I wasn’t able to get near my vita/ps3 to make the purchase until this morning.

Yes, it is my fault. I’m still disappointed, though.

+ tgpumpkin on December 24th, 2012 at 10:53 am said:

boomstickbhg – It’s still a deal at $50 even if Europe gets a better deal. Other countries typically pay more for games and hardware than we do. Though I’d like to get their same deals, I can’t be angry considering that fact.

+ DarqueDragon on December 24th, 2012 at 10:55 am said:

First, thanks for the early update (an entire day early!). Second, Merry Christmas to the PS Blog staff.

Now, I probably won’t get an answer to these, but gonna ask anyway:

First, I notice three games are leaving next week (2 PS3 games and 1 Vita). Will they all be replaced, or will we have less than 18 in the collection?

Second, where is Jetpack Joyride? I read a story about a free PSN version, but it is nowhere to be found. Is that EU only? If so, any chance it will come to the US?

Third, something I always ask, will we ever see the return of free avatars and themes for PS Plus? We used to get a few every week. Now, we are lucky if we get one in a month.

+ dodgedoors on December 24th, 2012 at 10:56 am said:

Damn Morgan’s post said metal gear was ps3 thats what i wanted.

+ time17 on December 24th, 2012 at 10:57 am said:

I was about to buy retro city But now I get it for free I love playstation plus

+ KrisButtar on December 24th, 2012 at 10:57 am said:

Motorstorm Complete Edition a cross buy?

+ GibbShift on December 24th, 2012 at 10:58 am said:

PLEASE update the entry for the MGS HD Collection discount to reflect that it’s the VITA version and not the easily assumed PS3 version. Seriously, guys, that mistake isn’t cute at all. You can make up for it by putting the PS3 version up for the same price, though. Otherwise, this a Dick Clarke move.

+ Teflon02 on December 24th, 2012 at 10:59 am said:

So when is my Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed PS Vita DLC being fixed. Sega reps told me PSN should automatically add it to my PSN and its a week now and its still not there and all I got from my code was the PS3 DLC yet I bought the PS Vita game. Can you guys please fix this now. I’m so tired of this horrible PS Vita support. No one even fixed PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Preorder DLC for Vita and my bro didn’t get his vita DLC up til now and I only have cause a awesome person on PSN saw me asking about it on PSN and they choose to msg me and give me the extra code they had.

+ Mercenary09 on December 24th, 2012 at 11:00 am said:

Where is Munch’s Oddysee HD? I just seen the post that said it is suppose to be out today?

+ Nithorias on December 24th, 2012 at 11:02 am said:

I was about to buy Rayman Origins for the PS3 and Retro/Grade this morning and you guys decided to update the store early, **** me lol

+ Kchow23 on December 24th, 2012 at 11:04 am said:

If every store updates were done this early during the day!

+ lisatsunami on December 24th, 2012 at 11:05 am said:

Merry Christmas to the store and blog staff!

And to all the rest of Playstation Nation out there, too.

+ blackiemist88 on December 24th, 2012 at 11:11 am said:

nice early update! happy holidays im glad to finally see retro city finally free(i knew it was going to be) kinda disappointed besides that…but i know u guys will do it big next tuesday!

+ ChaseHammerJ on December 24th, 2012 at 11:12 am said:

LOL Motorstorm RC for Vita is $12….well the game is Free and im pretty sure you can get all the DLC for less than $12 so NO SALE.

Nice try though.

+ Ryumoau on December 24th, 2012 at 11:13 am said:

no new Avatars? God, would it have killed Sony America to have given us the christmas avatars EU got a month ago?

Also, i noticed 3 games were leaving the instant game collection next week. Are we getting 3 new games next monday?

+ dodgedoors on December 24th, 2012 at 11:14 am said:

where is the motor storm bundle?

+ lisatsunami on December 24th, 2012 at 11:17 am said:

@ tgpumpkin, there is a workaround to buying free Plus games: create a second acct (you’ll need an different email address) so the store will see you as a nonPlusser. Once you download the game you can play it with your real PSN ID.

Similar workaround for buying an EU Plus membership, except you’ll also need an EU based physical address & EU based PSN cards.

+ mainkster on December 24th, 2012 at 11:20 am said:

tempted to buy mortal kombat , but since EU got it free . i think its signs of things to come

+ thebiglouie on December 24th, 2012 at 11:21 am said:

@22

Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee HD is in the store.
$9.99, 1.2 GB, demo also available

+ dodgedoors on December 24th, 2012 at 11:21 am said:

I want to buy Motorstorm complete but 2 questions is it cross buy and second is it hidden somewhere?

+ RE_Player on December 24th, 2012 at 11:27 am said:

Hope everyone has a happy holidays. Take a nice relaxing break Playstation Blog/PSN team, you deserve it.

+ Kchow23 on December 24th, 2012 at 11:30 am said:

I would love to see an Update Section for on the PS3 and PS Vita (primarily) PS Store… where you can see all new patches for your gaming library and set them all to background download and install much like the App Store. It updating far more convenient as you have one place to see all the updates and you can update multiple games at once.

+ dodgedoors on December 24th, 2012 at 11:31 am said:

wow ps3 all stars battle royae l is already down to 40 bucks on psn

+ BlueBl1zzard on December 24th, 2012 at 11:33 am said:

@drhummingbird #5 sorry about that, I feel for you, but they did say last week that the update would be on Monday. I believe next week’s update is on Monday as well.

@tgpumpkin #6 I second that idea. I already asked Morgan about it in the Plus update blog post so let’s hope to see it a reality.

@Ryumoau I believe Morgan said we would be getting another vita game next week, but I don’t know about PS3 (although you’d probably complain regardless)

Happy Holidays Everyone!

+ FunkyTable on December 24th, 2012 at 11:33 am said:

Unit 13′s price on the vita store is different from the PSplus price listed in this post. Which is incorrect?

+ MajinGamerX on December 24th, 2012 at 11:34 am said:

I’m seeing Unit 13 come up as $17.49 on the store, not the $12.49 the blog is showing. Still a great discount, but would love to pay the lower price.

Little disappointment too that I forgot to catch AC: Liberation and LBP Vita on the cheap. That is what my indecisiveness gets I guess…

+ hungcanh19 on December 24th, 2012 at 11:34 am said:

Please help, PS team. I keep getting error trying to copy over from PS3 or download from the download list of the vita version of big sky infinity. I did the whole cross buy from the PS3, but keep getting error with vita version. Is this going to be fix anytime soon, thanks.

+ tiny_tim31 on December 24th, 2012 at 11:37 am said:

To all those who haven’t played Journey, BUY IT!

+ Heatseeker125 on December 24th, 2012 at 11:37 am said:

Wow, this is bad. I’m glad I let my Plus expire. Happy Holidays anyway.

+ NXemo on December 24th, 2012 at 11:45 am said:

A free racing game for plus members, please! ( we never had one).

+ BlueBl1zzard on December 24th, 2012 at 11:46 am said:

@ lisatsunami Do you know if that would work with Vita games? Seeing as how a vita only allows one account…. Either way thanks for the tip!

@Grace My vita store shows Mortal Kombat in the PS Plus section even though it’s regular price, and my Holiday Essentials section is still showing lasts weeks games (lbp, Rayman, and escape plan) and at their regular prices.
Just letting you guys know

+ tgpumpkin on December 24th, 2012 at 11:46 am said:

lisatsunami – I did think of that and I appreciate the advice (it’s a good idea). As a plus member though I’d like the option either way. I’m happy with Plus and not looking to cancel, but if there is a larger game eventually that has a huge sale and is FREE for PLUS, I may want to pay the sale price rather than the IGC price in the event I no longer continue said subscription.

+ GuiltyBadguy on December 24th, 2012 at 11:47 am said:

Speaking of Hot Shots Golf, when could we expect DLC and new updates for the game? Since the Japanese already got 3 extra golfers and 3 extra courses in their version.

Also, Happy Holidays!

+ lightbr on December 24th, 2012 at 11:48 am said:

Unit 13 is for 17,49 on store !!!
Would you guys update for correct price? I wanna buy it ^^

+ tgpumpkin on December 24th, 2012 at 11:48 am said:

it might be a good idea to give Plus members a 1 day overlap into a new sale as an extra perk so they don’t feel that buyers remorse (or lack of buyers remorse, lol). I can tell you there were several times I had funds in my account hoping for something to go on sale but also being tempted in buying what was currently on sale. Had I known Retro was going to be free this week I would have absolutely bought Dokuro and Escape Plan while on sale.

+ boomstickbhg on December 24th, 2012 at 11:50 am said:

To those who haven’t played Journey, research it very very well before buying it because of the Hype.

I don’t mind that people like it, I’m glad when small games do well.

But personally it’s one of the most boring games I’ve ever played, the style is kinda pretty but after 10 minutes or so I get sick of looking at it.

However, obviously this isn’t my type of game since many other enjoy it.

Just a heads up not to buy it because of the hype, that’s what I did and for my playing tastes it’s one of the worst games I’ve tried.

but again, just my taste so make sure you don’t blindly listen to all the Journey fanboys and make sure you’ll like it or you could regret the buy like I did.

PAGE 1 2 3 5