Bloodborne

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Dec 31, 2012 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

PlayStation Store Update

PSN Games

Jetpack Joyride (Free)
Join Barry Steakfries as he breaks in to a secret laboratory to commandeer the experimental jetpacks from the clutches of science evildoers.
ESRB: E10+ – Everyone 10+ // File Size: 20.6 MB

PS Vita

AR Play 2012 Holiday Bundle ($6.25)
Jump into the world of augmented reality for your PlayStation Vita system. This bundle includes a choice selection of our AR Play titles and add-on content released in 2012, including: Table Ice Hockey, PulzAR, Table Top Tanks, Table Top Tanks Toy Tanks Set DLC, Table Soccer, Table Soccer Match Day Game Pack DLC, Cliff Diving, Cliff Diving Additional Cliffs DLC & Fireworks.
File Size: 1.1 GB
Chronovolt ($4.99)
Chronovolt, an action adventure in time. Pilot the Chronosphere through wonderful worlds to stop Dr Scabious and his Minions from controlling the end of the Universe. Use powerful time controls to stop and rewind time, open time gates and blast enemies into the past.
ESRB: E – Everyone //File Size: 261.3 MB
Jetpack Joyride (Free)
ESRB: E10+ – Everyone 10+ // File Size: 20.6 MB

PlayStation Store Highlights

It’s almost time for 2013! Ring in the New Year with even more Holiday Essential deals! PS Vita owners can pick up Chronovolt, Jetpack Joyride and an AR Holiday bundle packed with content. PS Plus members can enjoy deeper discounts and two new games for their PS3 & PS Vita.

As always, please leave your thoughts in the comments below. You can also chat about this update in the PlayStation Community Forums.

PlayStation Plus

PlayStation Plus Update: 12-31-2012

Click here to learn more and purchase online or go to the PlayStation Store to activate instantly.

Instant Game Collection

• NBA Jam On Fire Edition (PS3)
  • Chronovolt (PS Vita)

Discounts

• Batman: Arkham City (30%) – PS Plus Price: $14.70
  • inFAMOUS Festival of Blood (30%) – PS Plus Price: $4.90
  • Assassin’s Creed 2 Deluxe Edition (30%) – PS Plus Price: $9.80
  • Shadow of the Colossus (30%) – PS Plus Price: $9.80
  • Bulletstorm (30%) – PS Plus Price: $9.80
  • Sound Shapes (30%) – PS Plus Price: $7.35
  • Sound Shapes Vita (30%) – PS Plus Price: $7.35
  • TOKYO JUNGLE (30%) – PS Plus Price: $7.35
  • Skullgirls (30%) – PS Plus Price: $7.35
  • Touch My Katamari (30%) – PS Plus Price: $12.25

Price Change

• Amy – PS3 Game (now: $3.99 original price: $9.99)

Holiday Essentials Sale

• Assassin’s Creed II Deluxe Edition – PS3 Game (now: $13.99 original price: $19.99 Plus price: $9.80)
  • Batman Arkham City – PS3 Game (now: $20.99 original price: $29.99 Plus price: $14.70)
  • Bulletstorm – PS3 Game (now: $13.99 original price: $19.99 Plus price: $9.80)
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution – PS3 Game (now: $14.99 original price: $29.99)
  • inFamous 2 – PS3 Game (now: $13.99 original price: $19.99 Plus price: FREE)
  • inFamous: Festival of Blood – PS3 Game (now: $6.99 original price: $9.99 Plus price: $4.90)
  • Just Cause 2 – PS3 Game (now: $7.49 original price: $19.99)
  • Quantum Conundrum – PS3 Game (now: $7.49 original price: $14.99)
  • Shadow of the Colossus – PS3 Game (now: $13.99 original price: $19.99 Plus price: $9.80)
  • SoundShapes – PS3 & PS Vita Game (now: $10.49 original price: $14.99 Plus price: $7.35)
  • Skullgirls – PS3 Game (now: $10.49 original price: $14.99 Plus price: $5.14)
  • Tokyo Jungle – PS3 Game (now: $10.49 original price: $14.99 Plus price: $7.35)
  • Touch My Katamari – PS Vita Game (now: $17.49 original price: $24.99 Plus price: $8.57)

PS Vita Add-ons

Chronovolt
  • Chronospheres Pack ($0.99) – NEW Chronospheres are available! Professor Chase has upgraded his original prototype and developed four new ones to try. Each has a different functionality: Electrosphere, Velovespa, Gravisphere and Chronosphere X.
Jetpack Joyride
  • Coin Booster Pack ($1.49) – Add 20,000 coins to your in-game Stash.
  • Coin Mega Pack ($2.49) – Add 50,000 coins to your in-game Stash.
  • Coin Ultra Pack ($3.99) – Add 100,000 coins to your in-game Stash.
  • Coin Barry Pack ($3.99) – Add 250,000 coins to your in-game Stash.
  • Coin Ultimate Pack ($13.99) – Add 1,000,000 coins to your in-game Stash.
  • Counterfeit Machine ($2.49) – Every coin you collect in the game is worth double! Does not apply to purchasable coin packs.

PS3 Add-ons

Jetpack Joyride
  • Coin Booster Pack ($1.49) – Add 20,000 coins to your in-game Stash.
  • Coin Mega Pack ($2.49) – Add 50,000 coins to your in-game Stash.
  • Coin Ultra Pack ($3.99) – Add 100,000 coins to your in-game Stash.
  • Coin Barry Pack ($3.99) – Add 250,000 coins to your in-game Stash.
  • Coin Ultimate Pack ($13.99) – Add 1,000,000 coins to your in-game Stash.

PS3 Themes

• LittleBigPlanet Karting Launch Trailer
  • LittleBigPlanet Karting Story Trailer
  • The Last Of Us Story Trailer

323 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 7

+ KoldStrejke on December 31st, 2012 at 3:43 pm said:

oh yea sony if PS4 is not going to have 2 gigs Graphics RAM “and” 4+ gigs system RAM then i will not be getting it.

+ Ryumoau on December 31st, 2012 at 3:43 pm said:

The only Lumines discount i see is for Supernova at $9.99. I don’t even see the supposed discounted Vita game at all in the weekly deals section. God this new store layout sucks.

+ dodgedoors on December 31st, 2012 at 3:44 pm said:

another update post where they post their info and leave. No one answering questions again this week. I know it is new years eve but it’s not like it is xmas eve.

+ DaAlphaGamer123 on December 31st, 2012 at 3:44 pm said:

One. It isn’t allowing me to add funds so I can purchase Assassin Creed 2 Deluxe Edition
Two, Why is that the case, and how long will this sale go on.. Please Reply as soon as possible

+ mcbuttz78 on December 31st, 2012 at 3:46 pm said:

happy new year. psn staff..

+ warcat666 on December 31st, 2012 at 3:47 pm said:

I’m confussed… Is touch my katamari $12.25 or $8.57??? This listing lists Katamari for PS+ as $12.25 but holiday essentials as $8.57.

+ death_by_wabbit on December 31st, 2012 at 3:49 pm said:

@drGiggless
you’re right, everyone knows PrimeroInsecurity is a troll, and a lame one at that. Just ignore him, he is not worth any of your time

+ warcat666 on December 31st, 2012 at 3:50 pm said:

and when I go to my holiday essentials section on my PS Vita (US store) Touch My Katamari isn’t listed. It does show Rayman origins for $29.99, Escape Plan for $14.99 and Little Big Planet for $35.99. Aren’t those the regular prices for those games? Why are they listed on sale?

+ Ghostwize on December 31st, 2012 at 3:52 pm said:

Oh, hey, look…..you knew it was coming!!!

Making this a weekly mandatory copy/paste!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Listen I am going to speak for all of us “complainers”.
All we want is everything for Plus that Europe and Japan has.
Also we want every game ever released on PSN ever.
Also make every game that was released on disc put on PSN and then given to Plus members.
We also need the following PS1 games available and given to Plus members:
ALL OF THEM
We also need the following PS2 games available for PSN members:
ALL OF THEM
Also why can’t we play Nintendo and Microsoft games on our PS3? We want the following games for PS3:
ALL OF THEM
Also we want the following PS3 games on Vita:
ALL OF THEM
Why is Plus $50 a year? Seems like you would sell a lot of more PS3 if you gave away Plus.
Also why is the PS3 still $300? You would sell a lot more if it was $3. You would make it up in volume sales!! Also you would sell a lot of Playstation T-shirts and we would go to Playstation concerts if you just gave away the games.
If you don’t do all of these things I am buying a 360 and Sony will crumble as a result. HEED MY WORDS!!!

+ saadskel on December 31st, 2012 at 3:54 pm said:

Wow! What a letdown! I’ve been waiting on getting the Borderlands 2 season pass since PC and Xbox users got a discount on it, I assumed PS3 would be up next for the discount. Silly me, thinking PS would follow suit. I was also waiting for some awesome deals like EU got. Really makes me wonder if I should renew my psplus when it runs out. For the past few months there really hasn’t been anything to convince me to keep it. Oh well, at least the people in EU got some good deals! yay for them!!

+ firehawk1234 on December 31st, 2012 at 3:55 pm said:

What is the actual sale price of Skull Girls and Katamari?

+ punkmusic2009 on December 31st, 2012 at 3:58 pm said:

hi I was going thorw the comments on here guys please read the rules before posting yout comments right under comments it says open to everyone but don’t be a jerk the rules says no swearing, —>fighting,or —>using the comments section of this blog the sony staff are really busy I know this because my friend is a mod for ps home plus I volteer for lockerwood helping promote them my friend is trying to getting me into working for sony but its hard since I live in canada

+ punkmusic2009 on December 31st, 2012 at 4:02 pm said:

dose psn store update on mon now I tought its tues

+ Ryumoau on December 31st, 2012 at 4:05 pm said:

@107 trolling the comment section with a copy and pasted sarcastic post that was dumb to begin with, will really stop all the complaining here. You’re really smart. :/

+ The_Dukenator on December 31st, 2012 at 4:06 pm said:

@107 Snopes says that’s a scam since it won’t work. But they did say it’ll get you banned if its continued to be posted.

@111 Usually Tues, but only for this and last week its updated on Mon.

@110 I’ve been mod for a few things and its not fun.

+ tenshin78 on December 31st, 2012 at 4:06 pm said:

Jetpack Joyride currently at $3.99 its free or not?

+ man_of_power05 on December 31st, 2012 at 4:10 pm said:

i just wanna say thank you sony for convincing me never to buy a ps plus subscription ever. horrible free games, sales on games that either i’ve never even heard of or already have, poor service all around. seriously eur ps plus sounds like a better deal than us ps plus, even if it costs more.

+ xanatos1987 on December 31st, 2012 at 4:11 pm said:

So no sell on borderlands 2 season pass?…..both pc players thru steam and xbox has had it on sell last week for 10 bucks……so only you guys are refusing to have the sell.

+ Ryumoau on December 31st, 2012 at 4:13 pm said:

@116 Sony isn’t interested in competing with Steam sales, unfortunately.

+ Linklex7 on December 31st, 2012 at 4:15 pm said:

Jetpack Joyride isn’t showing up as free on my PS Store. Is that a Europe exclusive?

+ Ghostwize on December 31st, 2012 at 4:16 pm said:

@113 What’s a scam exactly and who or what the heck is Snopes?? A Peanuts character right? That is an ingenious post from a user a few weeks ago that exemplifies how delusional and how unreasonable peoples expectations for the PS+ service is. It’s great value for your money. The posts made on this blog are probably 1/1000 of the actual subscribers. That is a number I pulled out of a hat. It’s probably way less. :D

+ The_Dukenator on December 31st, 2012 at 4:23 pm said:

@119 Snopes is a site that researches fact and fiction. Snopes.com As for that post, its impossible to get everything due to licensing and stuff.

@118 I can get free here in US.

+ Ghostwize on December 31st, 2012 at 4:24 pm said:

@ Linklex7

Look under the PSN games section. You’re probably seeing the mini version(which should also be free imo).

+ Ghostwize on December 31st, 2012 at 4:26 pm said:

@Dukenator

Yes…..the post is clearly a grand exaggeration of peoples absurd over reactions to being letdown by the ps+ service. I know what Snopes is, I was being facetious.

+ Jarime on December 31st, 2012 at 4:26 pm said:

You know, month after month I find myself being extremely envious of the European playstation plus folks. I think I need to re-evaluate the value in this service.

+ dodgedoors on December 31st, 2012 at 4:30 pm said:

INFO FOR PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT MOTORSTORM RC COMPLETE AND HAVING PROBLEMS INSTALLING. GO TO THE VITA STORE, AND DO A SEARCH FOR MOTORSTORM RC. DOWNLOAD THE DEMO NOT THE PURCHASED VERSION AND THEN DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING ELSE BESIDES THE GAME IT SELF FROM THE DOWNLOAD HISTORY. WORKED FOR ME.

+ The_Dukenator on December 31st, 2012 at 4:33 pm said:

@122 We had people threaten to leave Microsoft and get a PS3. I still laugh at that.

+ Erlaxis on December 31st, 2012 at 4:36 pm said:

Nice update. NBA Jam for me, thanks. For a service that costs $4.17 a month, PS+ is great value.

+ D-Squad3 on December 31st, 2012 at 4:39 pm said:

Still no Battle Royale Avatars?!!

+ The_Dukenator on December 31st, 2012 at 4:43 pm said:

@126 Did you get NFL Blitz when it was available as a plus offer back in Oct?

+ dodgedoors on December 31st, 2012 at 4:49 pm said:

didnt unlock like it said it did

+ punkmusic2009 on December 31st, 2012 at 4:54 pm said:

just to let you know I did not copy and paste this is a blog to ask questions and seek answers its not a game chat in a war game this is to help everyone and make sony better

+ JwAyZiKeN57 on December 31st, 2012 at 5:00 pm said:

anyone know if Dishonored in the holiday gift guide section getting a price drop??

+ MaverickHunterX on December 31st, 2012 at 5:03 pm said:

Hey guys, quick question.

Sega as well as joystiq, says the Mega Drive/Genesis Collection for PSP is supposed to be on sale for $5, and $3.50 for PS+ users. Thing is that it’s still 9.99 on the PSN store.

I posted on the Sega blog but no response (guessing everyones gone for the holidays). Is this something we ask PS Blog about?

+ unknown110508 on December 31st, 2012 at 5:03 pm said:

c4-3575-0 please fix this error.
so sad. :-(

+ purse317 on December 31st, 2012 at 5:10 pm said:

man EU is getting the great deals I feel screwed

+ jenkinsx on December 31st, 2012 at 5:12 pm said:

I would like to see more free PS3 games rather then Vita.

+ rhythmofbeats on December 31st, 2012 at 5:13 pm said:

Please release HULU PLUS for Psvita.

+ Valcrist08 on December 31st, 2012 at 5:21 pm said:

thanks for the Chronovolt although I was expecting a bit more.. something like Mortal Kombat for Vita :D it was under Instant Game Collection in the Vita store last update >_<

+ amakingu on December 31st, 2012 at 5:25 pm said:

shame!!

+ Legendia667 on December 31st, 2012 at 5:31 pm said:

Yeah…… this is kinda lame.

+ Halpen4 on December 31st, 2012 at 5:41 pm said:

Well just incase someone at Sony is reading this… I care about getting only one add-on for the Pinball Arcade the TWILIGHT ZONE table. When, where is it, and why does it take so long to get approval???

+ Kemikalz on December 31st, 2012 at 5:43 pm said:

Just wanted to say, I love the blog, it’s a goto page everyday of mine, and love the updates you all provide.

Unfortunately ever since the new PSN store revamp, the PS BLOG is now my only real way on knowing what’s new now, because the new store design gives me a headache to navigate. It was so much easier to just click What’s New on the classic store design. I really miss that.

I hope you guys consider having it an option to switch between classic store and the new design someday.

+ blackgndrf on December 31st, 2012 at 5:44 pm said:

Thanks for the update and happy new year for all the PlayStation Community! :D

PS: When will be fixed the problem with the dlcs of MotorStorm RC Complete Edition? Thanks Again

+ janezdad on December 31st, 2012 at 5:44 pm said:

Not to pile on here, but it’s pretty easy to look up what the EU folks are getting. We’re clearly not getting the same love here in the US. I’ve played through my instant game collection. Not really seeing why I need to update my plus membership when we get junk like NBA Jam etc. while they’re getting Arkham City. They always seem to get the better games. Not sure why. I know this sounds childish, but it is what it is. This is the first time I’ve posted in this forum, but I just felt compelled to say something. I’ve changed my renews to every 3 months, instead of annually, with the hope that you’d get back on the ball with giving Plus members good games for their instant game collection. Letting it run out in January, however. On top of the terrible showing this holiday season, what used to be the best platform is now falling second to my other console in my living room. The only reason I have to power up the PS3 these days is to watch a blu-ray. Sure wish Sony could get me inspired again about my console.

+ Shibi32 on December 31st, 2012 at 5:50 pm said:

For December I received thanks to Plus::

Bioshock 2
Super Street Fighter II Arcade Edition
Rochard
Anomaly Warzone Earth
Retro City Rampage
Chronovolt
NBA Jam: On Fire Edition

For $4.17 not including other features such as cloud saves and discounts, I’d say that was a steal.

+ MRGamer01 on December 31st, 2012 at 5:56 pm said:

Wow…There is a lot of disappointment from a lot if users here. Sony does what they can, not every update has to be packed to the brim. What really gets me also is those who are obsessed with graphics. What ever happened to fun? Games are for fun more so than eye candy. A lot of you want more and more and more and more…Isn’t what they’re giving to you enough yet? For example, if you’re paying for PlayStation Plus (or a parent/legal guardian) you’re already able to download full games free of charge. Somehow, this isn’t enough for you. As well, comments like “If ‘X’ doesn’t happen, I’ll buy an xbox!” are awful too. [Continued]

+ MRGamer01 on December 31st, 2012 at 5:57 pm said:

[Part 2] You should know there are some restrictions to things Sony can and can’t do. Good example is releasing some games you’d want that weren’t available in this (or another) region, or differences that have developed between the developers and Sony. You should really try to find enjoyment in games you have now and services you’re paying for instead of having a tantrum over not getting a ton of more content. I may be missing a lot here, but so far these are some of the re-occurring topics on the blog. Makes new friends on PSN or outside, and have fun in games you all may share. Enjoyment, over graphics and waiting for new content you’d get bored of in about five minutes.

/rant

+ KyzYz on December 31st, 2012 at 6:00 pm said:

need help:
if I buy playstation allstar battle royale in the playstation store comes with cross buy for psv
helllllllllllp!

+ MRGamer01 on December 31st, 2012 at 6:03 pm said:

@146, you will be given a digital copy from the disc for your Vita.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 7