PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Dec 31, 2012 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

PlayStation Store Update

PSN Games

Jetpack Joyride (Free)
Join Barry Steakfries as he breaks in to a secret laboratory to commandeer the experimental jetpacks from the clutches of science evildoers.
ESRB: E10+ – Everyone 10+ // File Size: 20.6 MB

PS Vita

AR Play 2012 Holiday Bundle ($6.25)
Jump into the world of augmented reality for your PlayStation Vita system. This bundle includes a choice selection of our AR Play titles and add-on content released in 2012, including: Table Ice Hockey, PulzAR, Table Top Tanks, Table Top Tanks Toy Tanks Set DLC, Table Soccer, Table Soccer Match Day Game Pack DLC, Cliff Diving, Cliff Diving Additional Cliffs DLC & Fireworks.
File Size: 1.1 GB
Chronovolt ($4.99)
Chronovolt, an action adventure in time. Pilot the Chronosphere through wonderful worlds to stop Dr Scabious and his Minions from controlling the end of the Universe. Use powerful time controls to stop and rewind time, open time gates and blast enemies into the past.
ESRB: E – Everyone //File Size: 261.3 MB
Jetpack Joyride (Free)
ESRB: E10+ – Everyone 10+ // File Size: 20.6 MB

PlayStation Store Highlights

It’s almost time for 2013! Ring in the New Year with even more Holiday Essential deals! PS Vita owners can pick up Chronovolt, Jetpack Joyride and an AR Holiday bundle packed with content. PS Plus members can enjoy deeper discounts and two new games for their PS3 & PS Vita.

As always, please leave your thoughts in the comments below. You can also chat about this update in the PlayStation Community Forums.

PlayStation Plus

PlayStation Plus Update: 12-31-2012

Click here to learn more and purchase online or go to the PlayStation Store to activate instantly.

Instant Game Collection

• NBA Jam On Fire Edition (PS3)
  • Chronovolt (PS Vita)

Discounts

• Batman: Arkham City (30%) – PS Plus Price: $14.70
  • inFAMOUS Festival of Blood (30%) – PS Plus Price: $4.90
  • Assassin’s Creed 2 Deluxe Edition (30%) – PS Plus Price: $9.80
  • Shadow of the Colossus (30%) – PS Plus Price: $9.80
  • Bulletstorm (30%) – PS Plus Price: $9.80
  • Sound Shapes (30%) – PS Plus Price: $7.35
  • Sound Shapes Vita (30%) – PS Plus Price: $7.35
  • TOKYO JUNGLE (30%) – PS Plus Price: $7.35
  • Skullgirls (30%) – PS Plus Price: $7.35
  • Touch My Katamari (30%) – PS Plus Price: $12.25

Price Change

• Amy – PS3 Game (now: $3.99 original price: $9.99)

Holiday Essentials Sale

• Assassin’s Creed II Deluxe Edition – PS3 Game (now: $13.99 original price: $19.99 Plus price: $9.80)
  • Batman Arkham City – PS3 Game (now: $20.99 original price: $29.99 Plus price: $14.70)
  • Bulletstorm – PS3 Game (now: $13.99 original price: $19.99 Plus price: $9.80)
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution – PS3 Game (now: $14.99 original price: $29.99)
  • inFamous 2 – PS3 Game (now: $13.99 original price: $19.99 Plus price: FREE)
  • inFamous: Festival of Blood – PS3 Game (now: $6.99 original price: $9.99 Plus price: $4.90)
  • Just Cause 2 – PS3 Game (now: $7.49 original price: $19.99)
  • Quantum Conundrum – PS3 Game (now: $7.49 original price: $14.99)
  • Shadow of the Colossus – PS3 Game (now: $13.99 original price: $19.99 Plus price: $9.80)
  • SoundShapes – PS3 & PS Vita Game (now: $10.49 original price: $14.99 Plus price: $7.35)
  • Skullgirls – PS3 Game (now: $10.49 original price: $14.99 Plus price: $5.14)
  • Tokyo Jungle – PS3 Game (now: $10.49 original price: $14.99 Plus price: $7.35)
  • Touch My Katamari – PS Vita Game (now: $17.49 original price: $24.99 Plus price: $8.57)

PS Vita Add-ons

Chronovolt
  • Chronospheres Pack ($0.99) – NEW Chronospheres are available! Professor Chase has upgraded his original prototype and developed four new ones to try. Each has a different functionality: Electrosphere, Velovespa, Gravisphere and Chronosphere X.
Jetpack Joyride
  • Coin Booster Pack ($1.49) – Add 20,000 coins to your in-game Stash.
  • Coin Mega Pack ($2.49) – Add 50,000 coins to your in-game Stash.
  • Coin Ultra Pack ($3.99) – Add 100,000 coins to your in-game Stash.
  • Coin Barry Pack ($3.99) – Add 250,000 coins to your in-game Stash.
  • Coin Ultimate Pack ($13.99) – Add 1,000,000 coins to your in-game Stash.
  • Counterfeit Machine ($2.49) – Every coin you collect in the game is worth double! Does not apply to purchasable coin packs.

PS3 Add-ons

Jetpack Joyride
  • Coin Booster Pack ($1.49) – Add 20,000 coins to your in-game Stash.
  • Coin Mega Pack ($2.49) – Add 50,000 coins to your in-game Stash.
  • Coin Ultra Pack ($3.99) – Add 100,000 coins to your in-game Stash.
  • Coin Barry Pack ($3.99) – Add 250,000 coins to your in-game Stash.
  • Coin Ultimate Pack ($13.99) – Add 1,000,000 coins to your in-game Stash.

PS3 Themes

• LittleBigPlanet Karting Launch Trailer
  • LittleBigPlanet Karting Story Trailer
  • The Last Of Us Story Trailer

323 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

+ BiezulbubBill69 on December 31st, 2012 at 6:06 pm said:

wow what a horrible update!

+ MakaiOokami on December 31st, 2012 at 6:09 pm said:

It is not Sony’s job to bankrupt the ENTIRE GAMING INDUSTRY just to give you the best games at the top of your wish list for free with your $4.17 cent a month gaming subscription.

Jet Pack Joyride is probably enough to be worth it for Plus and if you don’t think so then fine go to the 360 and pay 10 dollars more, just so that you can use the features the console has built in that no one else in the entire gaming industry has to pay for monthly but that one system and not getting a SINGLE game for your trouble.

If you get more than an average of $4.17 worth of savings, games, and stuff you enjoy every month… then it’s worth it and you need to not throw a fit every time the month isn’t the best month ever for Playstation Plus.

Don’t you all have a backlog of games to go play? Stop complaining and go finish some of them.

+ Healey- on December 31st, 2012 at 6:15 pm said:

The price for sega genesis collection is still not right. It’s listed under sales but the price is normal. This should have been on sale at half price ($3.50 for psplus users) since December 18-January 8. Anyone know what the problem here is? And if you didn’t know (Sony), fix it.

+ Roach32 on December 31st, 2012 at 6:17 pm said:

So, for those of us with PS+ who downloaded inFamous 2 for our Instant Game Collection, will it automatically switch over to the fully purchased free version? Or is that why it says it’s free for PS+ members? (Which makes it a little misleading, to me…)

+ Kenichi_89 on December 31st, 2012 at 6:21 pm said:

Arkham City comes with the catwoman dlc right?

+ CRAZYCOBRA on December 31st, 2012 at 6:26 pm said:

C’Mon Sony. These weekly updates have been pretty lame lately. You need to step up your game and start offering better content. It makes me ashamed to be a plus member. :-( Another sad week for the playstation store.

+ The_Dukenator on December 31st, 2012 at 6:29 pm said:

@143 I actually bought BioShock 2 a couple months before getting PS+.

@151 PS+ members get it free as long as they are a member.

@152 Rocksteady: I believe it’s the standard version of the game (with catwoman) but I will double check!

+ JwAyZiKeN57 on December 31st, 2012 at 6:36 pm said:

will dishonored get a price drop? was hoping it would be $39.99 I’ll hate buying it at full price ($60) and few days or weeks later the price has change

+ Shibi32 on December 31st, 2012 at 6:37 pm said:

@154

I’ve owned Bioshock 2 since it was released, but a digital version is worth it for me because I don’t have to find the disc to play it.

+ Battlepope190 on December 31st, 2012 at 6:43 pm said:

Where are all the freakin avatars? You haven’t added any in a month!

+ The_Dukenator on December 31st, 2012 at 6:47 pm said:

@156 Yep. Looking back, I spent way more money on discs than on digital copies of games, not limiting to PS3 though.

+ QueenB82 on December 31st, 2012 at 7:07 pm said:

Well while it’s cool to see Deus Ex: HR on sale for 14.99, I gotta wonder why in the world is there no corresponding sale on its DLC??

Seems silly to me to have the ‘FULL GAME’ at the same price as its ‘Missing Link’ DLC. I’ve long been waiting on a sale for that—seeing as though I already own DXHR (hell, day 1 buy on Aug. Edition, to boot so I don’t even need the other DLCs). If you’re gonna do sales on games you need to equally be fair in putting on sale the DLC that goes to those said full game sales as well (this isn’t just relegated to DXHR, but in general).

Just some food for thought…..(btw, have Happy Year’s all!)

+ KHgaMeR55 on December 31st, 2012 at 7:21 pm said:

Horrible update -.-

+ mzingarelli on December 31st, 2012 at 7:26 pm said:

It took me quite a while to finally find the free version of Jetpack. I needed to go in Search, type Jet and then scroll dow until I find the Jetpack add-ons. Just when I cliked the add-on that I was able to go to the game page and download it for free.

Why is the new playstation store so difficult to find content? Every time I need to go to the store I find it a painful experience :-(

+ True_Gamer-27 on December 31st, 2012 at 7:29 pm said:

Oh, this week is the only week i have only one game to buy, Sound Shapes for PS3, but anyway, i was hoping Sony to give a discount for this game with 23 silver trophies!!!

So, Thank You Sony and have you all an amazing new year!

+ J-Nav212 on December 31st, 2012 at 7:31 pm said:

Update the avatars.

+ True_Gamer-27 on December 31st, 2012 at 7:36 pm said:

Edit: Sound Shapes has 32 silver trophies, i am more than pleased for Sony having this game in the last week of the holiday sales.

Thanks again Grace Chen, Morgan Haro, Kristine Steimer and everyone at PS Plus, PS Store, PSN, PS3 and Sony!

+ J-Nav212 on December 31st, 2012 at 7:43 pm said:

Happy New Year PS community!

+ PrimeroIncognito on December 31st, 2012 at 8:06 pm said:

Just checking in for a minute, and I see idiocy is still rampant.

@death_by_fappin

Dude, do you not realize you’re only helping me out by telling trolls not to respond to me? I hope they take your advice. That’s exactly what I want! I post, I destroy their feeble arguments, they read it, feel stupid, then they accept that they’re wrong and don’t reply to me! The blog will also have less ridiculousness for the rest of us to sift through! Perfect!

What’s funny about this though is that there are plenty of other people who say what I’m saying, yet you never say a word to them. Hmm… I don’t understand how you became so fixated on me, but I just want you to know that I’m not into men, sorry. Maybe try a dating site.

+ BLAZZIN-540 on December 31st, 2012 at 8:07 pm said:

I started my subscription when the instant game collection first came out.. PS+ was awesome then, I knew it could have some downfalls but for me it hasn’t been anything to make me say OMG sweet!!! since like August or so. EU version of PS+ is getting amazing full disc to digital games constantly and the bulk of PS+ now for US users is small psn games.
Not much else to even bother typing, i’m sure it won’t do any good, they got me 1 year for $50.. but unless they start doing what the EU version is doing no way will i renew.
Sorry to complain Sony US but I don’t think there is anyway you can deny EU is doing PS+ better by at least %300.

+ True_Gamer-27 on December 31st, 2012 at 8:09 pm said:

Now the only thing i need from the US PS Store is a discount on Okami HD and maybe a discount on Killzone HD too. and maybe a discount to put Sam and Max Beyond Time and Space and The Walking Dead for 9,79 like i got Back to the Future and Jurassic Park.

+ AsiaQatar on December 31st, 2012 at 8:10 pm said:

Come on. I bought Assassin’s Creed II Deluxe Edition in June of 2011 for $9.99, and not as a Plus member.

We’re a tick away from January 2013 and this is what you muster up for your big sale?

For 4 dollars more than it was 18 months ago?

Who’s not trying!?

Nevermind we have since had Brotherhood, Revelations and now AC3, give the kids a lame discount on AC II. That’ll spark the economy!!
Hilarious.

Why not just put LAIR on sale and tell us all to go f*** ourselves..?

+ True_Gamer-27 on December 31st, 2012 at 8:12 pm said:

Sorry for the double post, but theres one thing i see going wrong with Ps Plus this year… a lot of games coming with a discount were FREE at some point in 2012.

In this week Quantum Conundrum is one of those games.
I dont care to remember the past ones, but anyway, i save my money for games that i still have to play, but more importantly, the games i WANT to play, like the ones i stated above.

+ PrimeroIncognito on December 31st, 2012 at 8:12 pm said:

@ Shibi32 @ MRGamer01 @ MakaiOokami

Hey you three, be careful. All these crybabies here on the blog will call you a “troll’ and a “Sony employee” for speaking the truth that they don’t want to hear! Ha!

+ Camjo-Z on December 31st, 2012 at 8:13 pm said:

I usually enjoy the PS+ games but I really have to voice my dissatisfaction with Chronovolt, it’s easily the worst Plus title given out yet. I had a feeling it wouldn’t be very good just from its extremely low Metacritic score and reviews, but figured I’d give it a try myself before I passed judgement. It’s bad just from a technical standpoint – it rarely manages 30 FPS, the sound effects are cheap and low-quality, and the text often glitches and lacks punctuation – but the gameplay is also boring and rather badly designed. Heck, one of the the main gimmicks of the game, the “time rewinding” feature, seems to only be there due to how easy it is to die thanks to bad control. I really hope this isn’t the kind of quality we can expect from future Plus games.

+ Killshot96 on December 31st, 2012 at 8:17 pm said:

I just counted my games and I now have downloaded over 270 games…I seriously have no life. : (

+ killswitchj on December 31st, 2012 at 8:23 pm said:

Why is everyone complaining about these every week?! I have received so much content and discounts with this service there’s no reason to whine about the weekly releases.. I’m thankful they have weekly additions instead of monthly.

Although I’m not that happy about the new releases this week it always has some games I get to try out that I would never buy on my own, most of which I end up liking

I have a PS3 and a Vita and am VERY happy with all of the games and discounts we get not to mention the cloud storage.. And who cares if you can get these cheap at some retail store I’d MUCH rather have a digital copy. There are some things on here that I have already purchased like Sound Shapes, Shadow of the Colossus and all the Infamous stuff I received in a PS3 Bundle so I’m concerned about possibly buying something on sale that will be offered for free next go around but who cares it’s only $50 for an entire year! That’s the price of one game…

This week I’ll pick up the following

Assassin’s Creed II Deluxe Edition
Batman Arkham City
Tokyo Jungle

MAYBE – Bulletstorm –
MAYBE – Deus Ex: Human Revolution

THANKS FOR PUTTING TOGETHER SUCH A GREAT SERVICE SONY!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

+ KyzYz on December 31st, 2012 at 8:37 pm said:

@147 thanks

+ Remmy8199 on December 31st, 2012 at 9:48 pm said:

Wow, these updates just keep getting worse and worse. Not to mention they’ve all but forgot about the PSOne Classics section. What happened? There’s still plenty of classics your missing. Breath of Fire 3 for instance? The original Dead or Alive? Tekken 3? That’s just to name a few. Come on Sony, throw us a bone!!!

+ easterlily41482 on December 31st, 2012 at 10:04 pm said:

Could someone who lives in the US and has Europe plus answer this question for me please?

Is there a way to get EU plus without having to put a credit card on file? I have already signed up for a EU account, but it would not let me put my debit card on file because it’s attached to the US. I called the bank and they won’t let me use it to purchase plus for Europe because of “so many fradulant charges coming out of Europe.” They said they don’t allow any overseas transactions even if I were to travel overseas someday. I don’t have any credit cards nor have the interest to get one just for that. i’m thinking the only way I can get plus is if i find someone willing to “share” their EU plus account with me :/

Happy New Year everyone!

+ BurntGoliath on December 31st, 2012 at 10:05 pm said:

So last month, EU gets Arkham City and we get Bioshock 2. Not very fair. This month, they also get Bioshock 2 and we get a DISCOUNT on Arkham City…

That’s like a slap in the face.

I’m glad I let my membership run out.

+ UnTaMeD_xInSaNe on December 31st, 2012 at 10:14 pm said:

Yup not much definatly getting jetpack joyride and nba jam lol

+ Sevyne on December 31st, 2012 at 10:48 pm said:

@159 You can get the Deus Ex collection which includes all of the DLC for Human Revolution and all 3 Deus Ex games for $11.24 off Steam. Deus Ex PSN sale really sucks.

+ MurderousEmcee on December 31st, 2012 at 11:09 pm said:

How come Europe gets better deals and better games off PSN Plus?

+ QueenB82 on December 31st, 2012 at 11:55 pm said:

@179, yeah…..I know. That’s what makes this kinda sucky balls….<_<

But I'm not necessarily mad that it cost less on Steam more so than I am annoyed that PSN doesn't think to give the DLC the same consideration as the game that they put on discount.

+ Burmecian_Rat on December 31st, 2012 at 11:57 pm said:

What happened to the PS+ discount for Lumines Electronic Symphony? The post in the PS Blog right below this is advertising it but it’s not in the store. Pls fix this.

+ blakseed on January 1st, 2013 at 12:01 am said:

@Sony

Don’t give out anymore plus subs at major gaming events like E3 please. That would probably cut down on a bunch of this whining I think. Half of the complaints just don’t seem legit.

+ purse317 on January 1st, 2013 at 12:24 am said:

@183 my complaint is legit I purchased my plus account 8 months ago or so and it’s been ok at best but comparing what I’ve seen this month with my EU buddies their is no comparison.

+ Nazotchi on January 1st, 2013 at 12:42 am said:

The Holiday Sale stuff is actually pretty great, but these Plus items are really weak, I’m actually glad mine ran out when it did. I don’t think anybody wanted NBA Jam.

+ EIUPaladin356 on January 1st, 2013 at 12:49 am said:

Sound Shapes! I now have a reason to pick this up. Ive been wanting it for a while.

+ UltimateDisco on January 1st, 2013 at 12:54 am said:

Wooooooooooooooooooow. I’m not normally one to complain about a free game, but Chronovolt is horrible. It’s not even worthy of being free. People should be paying us to experience such torture. The controls are horrid, the dialog between characters is painful, it’s buggy beyond belief, and it is basically everything a game shouldn’t be.

It’s not fun at all. Jetpack Joyride Vita was also free today (Not Plus+), and it insanely better than Chronovolt in every way possible. Keep in mind, games are supposed to be fun, and Jetpack Joyride is a very fun game. Chronovolt, on the other hand, is about as fun as sticking your face in someone else’s puke.

Free games should be fun and a pleasure, not a pain. This is seriously one of the worst games I’ve played in years, and it should be taken off PSN for being a broken mess.

Very bad choice. VERY BAD.

+ Sevyne on January 1st, 2013 at 1:17 am said:

Calling Chronovolt horrible is being too nice.

Also gotta love how it tries to get you to buy unlockables right in the game. “Unlock now” and doesn’t mention anything about purchasing until you select it and it opens up psn. I was like, “what? umm, no.” Already removed from my Vita. What a pathetic waste of space that garbage is.

+ Rainwater on January 1st, 2013 at 2:41 am said:

And so PSN 2012 comes to and end…not with a bang but a whimper.

+ DENSHADEI on January 1st, 2013 at 2:53 am said:

Only thing I can say is, be done with those talks with the guys from Hotline Miami and offer it as a PSN exclusive, a guaranteed Mega success. Happy New Year

+ R_a_z_i_e_l on January 1st, 2013 at 3:05 am said:

Australia shares the same store as the EU so we get the same Deals and free PS+ games. To any American complaining EU/AUS has to pay *Almost* twice you do for games, I can’t wrap my head around how selfish some people sound crying over a different game or a different sale. I would LOVE to switch stores with you, along as you pay the same amount we do for games sound fair ?

Also to the people saying *I have been with PS+ since it started but this is the last straw im going to not renew it* hahaha Yeah you will, and you know why ? Cause PS+ gets better the longer you have it you build up this huge library of *Free Games* meaning no your still going to pay because you would hate to lose all those games, your still going to pay..just your going to complain about it.

+ TJF588 on January 1st, 2013 at 3:47 am said:

Wow oh WOW, this is the biggest “But I already have that…” push for me yet! Festival of Blood, Ass-Creed II Deluxe, Sound Shapes, Tokyo Jungle, Skullgirls… Even Shadow of the Colossus and Bulletstorm (disc and Origin, respectively)! Then on the vanilla end, DXH and, Just Cause 2 I have on Steam, Quantum Conundrum I have on Steam and PSN (via Plus), and inFAMOUS 2 I have on PSN (via last-minute liquidation before the IGC launch). And, well, it figures that I still haven’t gotten any mileage out of AMY before it dipped down to a buck and a half more than I paid for it.

+ TJF588 on January 1st, 2013 at 3:48 am said:

On a more positive outlook for backlog amass-ment, I can now get toe-freeze for Jetpack Joyride, I game I booted up a night or two ago for a significant amount of time, and while a browse of the screenshots screamed “Hamilton” to me, that graphic up top for Chronovolt is appealing. Alas, no Vita yet…

I do have a PSP, though, so is there any reason for the end-user for the minis version of Machinegun Jetpack to cost four bucks aside from, “We can’t do in-app purchases on that platform”?

Further on add-ons, the “Add-Ons by Title” section you patched in is useless. All it does is link to EVERY TITLE with ANYTHING besides the title itself, even if it’s a free video. I can’t sort the actual add-ons, nor can I see them in the bloated grid-view the nu-Store uses, instead stuck with the bloated list-view.

And, yes, when can we purchase stuff from a browser?

[Correction: *DXHR]

+ TJF588 on January 1st, 2013 at 4:13 am said:

Well, caught up on comments, and thoroughly un-enthused for Chronovolt.

@150 Healey- – That sale’d been for the PSP version, though I don’t know if there even IS a PS3 version of it which you then could be mistaking it for.

@181 QueenB82 – Because, frankly, they’re banking on DLC sales. That’s the only feasible reason Jetpack Joyride is free for PS3 and PSV, because minis don’t support it. Bioshock 2? Multiplayer DLC and Minerva’s Den. SSF4AE? Outfits. Look at any of the bigger games, and there’s likely DLC. Even Chronovolt has one. And I just WISH they’d do their discounts across the board (though I could give a pass to $0.99 “add-ons”). I’d really rather just flesh out my game experience, but not when the DLC costs more than the base game’s sale price, especially if I paid for it at a higher price than an across-the-board sale would amount to.

@169 AsiaQatar – Now, this is MY kind of vitriol.

+ TJF588 on January 1st, 2013 at 4:16 am said:

Sorry for the quadruple post (request: a couple minutes of a “grace period” to edit; GameFAQs has it, now), but wanted to laugh at my first run of Jetpack Joyrideon PS3 topping my longest run on iPod Touch: 3,442 M vs 2,725 M, and I’m at “41: Expert” there!

+ fecks on January 1st, 2013 at 4:50 am said:

Would love to see Snatcher (sega cd) ported over to PS3. I would gladly pay the full $59.99 for that masterpiece of a game! :)

Happy New Year!