PS4 - Transistor

The PlayStation Recap: What We’re Reading

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Jan 05, 2013 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

Welcome back! I hope that your holiday break was as fulfilling as mine (and by that I mean I finally wrapped up Persona 4 Golden). Did you clear out your backlog at all? Or maybe you got more games as gifts, that are now contributing to that pile?

During the break, we got some holiday cards from developers such as Superbot and Naughty Dog, we got a first ears-on with Soul Sacrifice’s Skywalker Sound scoring sessions, got you a holiday-themed papercraft reindeer from the Tearaway team, and plenty more.

With Persona 4 Golden finally finished (no Platinum Trophy… yet), I’m moving on to one I probably should have played by now: The Walking Dead. I’m only one episode in so far, but I hope that since I’m actively playing it now, Sid will stop scowling at me whenever I talk about playing anything else.

What are you playing this weekend?

• I’m playing: The Walking Dead, Persona 3 FES (PS2 Classic)
  • I’m watching: Django Unchained, Les Misérables
  • I’m listening to: Persona Soundtracks, Nujabes, PlayStation Blogcast 057

What We’re Reading

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

PlayStation Blogcast 057

Most-Watched Video of the Week

27 Comments

+ Arjmand on January 5th, 2013 at 1:09 pm said:

I’m playing: Far Cry 3, Hitman Absolution, PlayStation All-Stars
I’m watching: Django Unchained, The Hobbit, Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia
I’m listening to: PS Blogcast, Beyond, Jesus Piece

+ Zarxce on January 5th, 2013 at 1:19 pm said:

I just got a Vita on New Years (Assassin’s Creed Bundle), along with Persona 4 Golden and Ragnarok Oddysey. Also, with PS+ I have half a dozen other games on it to play. So yeah, my backlog definitely grew by quite a bit these holidays.

Oh and I finally got Playstation All Stars Battle Royale. Futureshop had it on sale for 30 bucks off.

So many games to play and so little time. And I’m trying not to think about the mountain of awesome games that are coming out this year (Ni No Kuni, Last of Us, GTAV, Tales of Xillia, Bioshock Infinite, etc etc). This is going to be a busy year for gaming…

+ cwsluke on January 5th, 2013 at 1:23 pm said:

I’m playing: Family Feud: Decades, UC3, WipEout 2048 and LBP2: Cross Controller DLC (SOO AWESOME BTW)
I’m Watching: anything on Netflix or Youtube lol =D
I’m Listening to: Music Unlimited, Thanks for the sweet feature to play music offline on my Vita! I don’t think I’ll buy any music with that feature!

+ YungShep on January 5th, 2013 at 2:04 pm said:

kinda miffed that there was no news on the new Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 coming March 5. not to mention it’ll be in 3D…who dropped the ball on this?

either way

im playing: GTA IV
watching the nfl playoffs: Go Seahawks!

+ poodude on January 5th, 2013 at 2:22 pm said:

@Zarxce

Yea, that Futureshop deal was great; so glad I took advantage of it.

+ subadictos on January 5th, 2013 at 2:24 pm said:

Oh, I’m with you man! I finished Persona 4 Golden, then I started Persona 3 (I’m in june already) and finished The Walking Dead! Three GREAT games…

I missed two news:

1º. What about PlayStation Destination in february?

Will he have some news about PlayStation 4?

I really hope so… and I really hope Sony don’t forget PS Vita!!!

2º. WHAT ABOUT THE PATENTED TECHNOLOGY AGAINST USED GAMES???

I think we DESERVE an explanation from Sony.

Is that the future of the new console?

If it is, you can say goodbye to A LOT of gamers…

+ SNORLAXex on January 5th, 2013 at 2:25 pm said:

Playing: Persona 4 G
Watching: Evangelion 1.11 and 2.22
Listening: A lot of random music

+ sciteach on January 5th, 2013 at 2:32 pm said:

New Vita for xmas… declassified bundle.
And being PLaystation + I’m playing a crap ton of games. Nice marketing plan for the Vita!
Playing: Golden Abyss, Mutant Blobs Attack, Blops Declassified, (want to play the cross controller with LBP2 but don’t have the 500 MB of space on my Vita yet… Uncharted sucked it up. Also going back to Skyrim for awhile, Playstation All Stars (going for the PLat trophy… Need that one, the “this is living”), I also dipped into Mix Superstar… that is a hoot.
Yay, games.

+ duke301 on January 5th, 2013 at 3:58 pm said:

I’m Playing: AC III, Uncharted III, Little Big Planet 2
I’m watching: The NFL Play-offs, The Big Bang Theory
I’m Listening to: At the moment, Led Zeppelin

+ BlueBl1zzard on January 5th, 2013 at 4:16 pm said:

I’m playing: Farcry 3, LBP vita, sound shapes, and Shadow of the Colossus (thanks to the holiday sale!)

I’m watching: random tv shows

I’m listening to: Playstation Blogcast ep. 57

+ skullsaber on January 5th, 2013 at 4:23 pm said:

Playing on Vita: Persona 4 golden…still, because I am also working on beating When Vikings Attack, MGS 3, and AC3 at the same time. I did finally beat Uncharted GA though!

Playing on PS3: Arkham City, signed up for plus on EU concurrently with my USA account. Playing more vita than PS3 now, but picked up a huge backlog of ps3 games due to the awesome plus holiday sales. I picked up: Papo & Yo, Tokyo Jungle, Journey, and 3 other games that I can’t remember at this time. Huge backlog on plus from EU and USa to get through too. I think I am about to set an ultimatum to not buy any more until i finish this backlog.

+ skullsaber on January 5th, 2013 at 4:24 pm said:

Watching: Portlandia Season 2 on Netflix

+ YungShep on January 5th, 2013 at 4:40 pm said:

@9 i didnt know play-offs was 2 words, LMAO. u should tell the nfl to spell check it for you

+ stackrabbit on January 5th, 2013 at 5:06 pm said:

Playing: Black Ops Declassified
Watching: Youtube
Listening: Clyde Carson S.T.S.A.

+ DelMurice on January 5th, 2013 at 5:29 pm said:

I’m playing KOTOR (sorry, on an XBOX) but playing the Mass Effect trilogy made me want to play more Bioware games.
I’m watching Firefly, yet again…. can’t get enough… and maybe an MMO coming.. yay
I’m listening to Zeppelin
and of course reading the PS Blog!

+ SpiritThief on January 5th, 2013 at 6:35 pm said:

Playing the Mass Effect Trilogy. I’ll be walking on the Moon later tonight.

You should play Persona 4 next. If they released it on PSN you’ll get to see just how much better Golden really is.

+ AgentPicka on January 5th, 2013 at 9:21 pm said:

killed all stars for vita in two weeks. have to say that was the easiest plat I’ve ever played. still working on Gravity rush’s plat but not that far from it. got the ratchet and clank collection for Christmas and its gonna be a while before i beat them. cant wait for cooper in February.

PLEASE ANSWER
quick question about the cross buy is it a dual plat game or a single plat game?
either way its gonna be great

im playing Ratchet and clank HD collection , JET PACK JOYRIDE Minecraft PC
Im watching my brother play Minecraft PC and big bang theory
im listening to my music collection on spotify

+ kingbet123 on January 5th, 2013 at 11:30 pm said:

Playing: PS All Stars, Wipeout HD, Wipeout 2048, SFIII: Third Strike

Watching: Regular Show, Breaking Bad

Listening: Blogcast 57, Major Nelson, Interpol

+ sesyjon on January 6th, 2013 at 9:04 am said:

I’m playing many games but i’m still waiting for lumines playsation plus price…… how come it say 20.99 when it suppose to be 17.49 for plus.

+ huldrelok on January 6th, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

I’m playing: Transformers War for Cyber-tron(PC), Terraria, GW2, Walking Dead (PC), Natural Selection 2
I’m watching: Quest for the lost civilization (1998 graham Hancock)
I’m listening to: Johnny Cash, King Crimson, At the Gates

+ BlueBl1zzard on January 6th, 2013 at 9:51 am said:

@sesyjon Morgan Haro said Lumines is part of a different sale and not the holiday essentials one. So I doubt you’ll see a price change on it. If you really want it, I say pick it up now before it goes away with the next store update

+ X_BROCKLEE_X on January 6th, 2013 at 10:16 am said:

I’m Playing: Wipeout 2048, Gravity Rush, (anything on ps plus) NBA 2K13
I’m Watching: It’s Always Sunny, Portlandia season 2 (now on Netflix) & 3
I’m listening: Blogcast ep. 57, Common “Like Water for Chocolate”

+ remanutd5 on January 6th, 2013 at 11:04 am said:

Are you guys planning to do a Destination Playstation live stream for us the hardcore playstation fans that cant attend the show?

+ crazisasuke on January 6th, 2013 at 11:06 am said:

im playing: Kingdom of Amalur reckoning, dragon age 2, FF XIII-2
Im watching: some videos of FF versus 13
im listening: my little brother singing a cow song

+ AL_Nacho on January 6th, 2013 at 12:11 pm said:

I’m playing: Far Cry 3, Persona 4, Gravity Rush
I’m watching: Sons of Anarchy (Season 5), The League
I’m listening to: various on Songza

+ TriangleOffense on January 7th, 2013 at 11:54 am said:

just curious if you guys happen to be reading the feedback for the terrible content that has been and continues to be offered to US PS+ members ? It seems this question is avoided pretty well here. Why cant you put up offers that are on par with what the EU has ? Simple questions

+ busnut33 on January 7th, 2013 at 7:56 pm said:

Gosh darn it. I want to buy alot of of games, but I really hate this new PS Store. It really sucks!