PS4-Watch_Dogs

The Drop: New Releases for the Week of January 8th, 2013

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar + Posted by Rey Gutierrez on Jan 06, 2013 // Senior Social Media Specialist

This week, the fan-favorite franchise Earth Defense Force goes portable with EDF2017 Portable on PS Vita. The notoriously unforgiving Demon’s Souls comes to PSN, so you can download it straight to your PS3. Platinum Games’ Anarchy Reigns hits PS3 at retail (for just $29.99). A number of Dora the Explorer PS2 Classics make their way to PlayStation Store, and a few other gems round out this week’s update.

Enjoy this week’s The Drop.

Anarchy Reigns on PS3

PS3

• Anarchy Reigns ($29.99 retail)

Demon's Souls on PSN

• Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable

204 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ xWesx1 on January 6th, 2013 at 2:18 pm said:

those are some real ps2 classics

+ Xnightwish on January 6th, 2013 at 2:18 pm said:

OMG dora the explorer! day 1 buy!

+ kivi95 on January 6th, 2013 at 2:21 pm said:

I do not like this new format :/. Seems lazy.

+ UncannySilk on January 6th, 2013 at 2:23 pm said:

Sony bringing th ruckus with that Dora the Explorer. man.

+ BossmanCCrowder1 on January 6th, 2013 at 2:24 pm said:

Psh. PS2 Classics?! Dora the Explorer deserves an HD Collection!

+ ps_n_blog_ac on January 6th, 2013 at 2:25 pm said:

good to hear about demon souls but by any chance will corpse party bos appear?

+ kivi95 on January 6th, 2013 at 2:28 pm said:

And where is PSM? like Life of Pixel is releasing.

+ Leviathan_502 on January 6th, 2013 at 2:29 pm said:

this is upsetting. my bday is today and i hear EDF:2017 is coming to vita but not ps3? what a crock of poop. and every dora game for ps2 hitting the psn? cmon guys you want sales get people what they want. MORE atlus, square enix, namco RPGs on the ps2 classics. give us EDF on ps3. not the new sucky one with bad hit detection.

+ fate360 on January 6th, 2013 at 2:30 pm said:

@5
damn right it does 0__0

+ dragon_night on January 6th, 2013 at 2:30 pm said:

WHAT? No KINGDOM HEARTS? Im utterly shocked and almost disheartened by it not appearing this week. But no worries ill be here every week to be surprised at its lack of a prompt arrival especially with the recent developments occurring at the 2013 Jump Festa over this past weekend. Thanks and happy holidays. Thanks for the pleasant emails and support i received as well.

+ setsunanilober on January 6th, 2013 at 2:34 pm said:

any one know when corpse party book of shadows is coming to psn ?

+ Sonicfan11589 on January 6th, 2013 at 2:35 pm said:

i’m just curious, whatever happened to updating the Blog Share with new ideas and such?

+ FJ1100_rider on January 6th, 2013 at 2:37 pm said:

price of edr2017 ? is it retail only or psn release also ? File size if it’s a digital release
?
how about some actual info and not just a games name ?

+ Ryumoau on January 6th, 2013 at 2:37 pm said:

weak drop this week. I hope the Earth Defense game at least has a demo because the $40 price tag for a digital only game is ridiculous.

+ Sonicfan11589 on January 6th, 2013 at 2:37 pm said:

It’s nice that u are re-releasing games for young children but here is something i might recommend:
-Looney Tunes Space Race (was a ton of fun on the dreamcast) (the ps2 version i have heard is superior)
Just suggesting
Also more popular family-friendly games would be appreciated, all i could think of is the above.

+ Ryumoau on January 6th, 2013 at 2:39 pm said:

@13 its digital only in NA. And the price tag is $39.99. They confirmed it in an article on PS Blog a couple weeks ago. I don’t know the file size though.

+ Onihalo on January 6th, 2013 at 2:41 pm said:

Glad to see Demon’s Souls making its way into PSN. I wanted more PS1 Classics, though. I see you are starting to focus on PS2 Classics right now, but there are still many PS1 game I wish I could buy in the PSN…

+ stackrabbit on January 6th, 2013 at 2:41 pm said:

i heard on blogcast, mk for vita would be on sale. how much?

+ Dosx001 on January 6th, 2013 at 2:42 pm said:

I remember when the recap just had picture because Sid fell asleep whiling doing it. I guess something with Rey did he had a show last night? They really do work hard sometimes they really need to get some rest……..BUT NOT AT WORK!!! lol

+ Dosx001 on January 6th, 2013 at 2:44 pm said:

“guess same thing with” man we need editing tools in comment section.

+ gohan16ken on January 6th, 2013 at 2:47 pm said:

Why did the Drop came so early today? It usually come 7pm (or was it 6pm?) my time. This one came at 5pm. Is that a new change?

+ brianace on January 6th, 2013 at 2:47 pm said:

Sony just giving the people what they want. More Dora by the barrel full.

+ GodzillaX on January 6th, 2013 at 2:51 pm said:

Gee, Dora sounds so great. I can’t believe I missed this PS2 “classic”. Seriously? Anyway, at least Anarchy reigns is coming out and Demon’s Souls so ill probably pick up either of the two.

+ Cromartie79 on January 6th, 2013 at 2:53 pm said:

Still waiting for Baldur’s Gate Dark Alliance I & II HD bundle…

+ TerraAshura on January 6th, 2013 at 2:55 pm said:

@10 you sound utterly shocked at this every week. Blame S-E, not Sony, for that one

+ Grendolai on January 6th, 2013 at 3:08 pm said:

I love how no matter what is releasing people always come on here and complain that the drop is horrible. Believe it or not, there are people out there who play games beyond sports and FPS.

There’s probably a large population of 30-40 year old gamers who will buy the Dora games for their kids and introduce a new batch of young gamers to the world of Sony (who will probably become the peeps making games for all us nerds in the future).

And Demon’s Souls is one of the most epic games EVER…how could anyone complain about a drop that includes Demon’s Souls in it??

my only request…give War in the North a 9.99 price point…it’s not worth more.

+ jhernandez360 on January 6th, 2013 at 3:10 pm said:

Can you please include Playstation Mobile releases please!!!!!!!!! thank you

+ babygirl942000 on January 6th, 2013 at 3:11 pm said:

I know this has nothing to do with the drop this week ,but I REALLY ,REALLY HATE the new playstation store . I dont complain much but seriously I HATE THE NEW PLAYSTATION STORE !!!! can you please pass that along to whoever listens and change it back !!! I want the old store back it was a good setup .Why change something if it works ?

+ FullMetalDoctor on January 6th, 2013 at 3:12 pm said:

seriously sony, this is a terrible way to start 2013, and as for the end of 2012 for ps plus user………. well it really really sucked. I am dissappointed, if anyone out there is listening, SKY ODYSSEY for PS2 classics, that ones a no brainer. , SKY ODYSSEY for PS2 classics, SKY ODYSSEY for PS2 classics, SKY ODYSSEY for PS2 classics, SKY ODYSSEY for PS2 classics

+ Fedast on January 6th, 2013 at 3:12 pm said:

Nice to see Demon Souls on PSN. Didn’t expect all the Dora games in a batch, though!!! What a surprise!! Decisions, decisions!! Can anyone recommend me one of the three so I can play until they release a REAL PS2 classic???

+ Edzo04ps on January 6th, 2013 at 3:12 pm said:

i refuse to buy EDF solely because they decided to release digital only.

+ saintaqua on January 6th, 2013 at 3:15 pm said:

I can’t stand Dora either, but I bet that my niece would love these games.
Just because they are putting up some kid stuff you guys complain? At least it’s not more antiquated sports games or racers.
Besides, I bet these will be cheaper than buying them even used and this way there’s no discs to scratch for little kids.

+ purse317 on January 6th, 2013 at 3:15 pm said:

So it’s official U.S. consumers got the short end of the stick this holiday season

+ RidleysBox on January 6th, 2013 at 3:31 pm said:

@31 Hope for a physical copy for the EU release and import it, that’s what I ended up doing with ‘New Little King Story’.

+ KiiillRoy on January 6th, 2013 at 3:36 pm said:

EDF 3 looks so cooool. Ok, the graphics are bad but, what a fun !!! And, come on guys, it has 4 co-op multiplayer, a TPS !!! On the Vita !!! Can’t wait ! (and yes, i wanted too with a box release :( )

+ PhillyTheCat on January 6th, 2013 at 3:41 pm said:

When my daughter gets a bit older, I may jump on some digital Dora games.

Me, I’m more into the survival horror/action/rpg PS2 games.
Just bought Legacy of Kain: Defiance, Siren & Fatal Frame 3…used(Amazon).

The PS2 games are getting very pricy if they are new or hard to find ones.

+ SkyShadowNinja91 on January 6th, 2013 at 3:42 pm said:

any chance kingdom hearts 1&2 ps2 will be added

+ SkyShadowNinja91 on January 6th, 2013 at 3:43 pm said:

and yay demon souls! havent played it yet will have to pick it up

+ IIL0YDII on January 6th, 2013 at 3:44 pm said:

Finally they bring best selling PS2 title to PSN,can we hope maybe of another title,maybe on PS3 in Dora the explorer universe?

+ supvic on January 6th, 2013 at 4:02 pm said:

What the crap! I JUST Bought LOTR War in the North a few days ago as I figured it was never coming to PSN and just 2 days later you tell me?! WHY wasn’t this mentioned in the blogcast?!

+ subadictos on January 6th, 2013 at 4:03 pm said:

Bad, Rey… really bad. Very ugly format. You need to give us a bit explanation about each game… maybe some news about prices or size… well, I didn’t like the new format.

And the Dora games CLASSICS??? WTF???

+ PainOfSarrow on January 6th, 2013 at 4:08 pm said:

Lol at all the Dora games. il actualy probly buy one for my nephew, hes loves dora. still Lol

+ RugalBernstein on January 6th, 2013 at 4:10 pm said:

can someone ban dragon_night for spamming the same thing every week?

+ PainOfSarrow on January 6th, 2013 at 4:14 pm said:

serously though, this is great for people that has kids. so its a good thing.

+ blackgndrf on January 6th, 2013 at 4:16 pm said:

What is the download size of the Demon’s Souls?

+ tpobeatheat187 on January 6th, 2013 at 4:17 pm said:

Dear Sony Playstation, Why…..why is Dora the Explorer on PS2 classics is it really that popular if so i had no idea. I think i see what you are doing correct me if im wrong but are you trying to target a younger demigraphic? If so then ok thats good if not though then hears that question again…..why. If you are going to add something like Dora the Explorer can you please add something else to the remedy maybe some classics people have been asking for i dont need to mention them because the good playstation fans have already spoken about what they want. R you afraid of the risks of the out come of the games that may drop well i hope not Sony because you are a business and sometimes you need to take risks. Positive risks not the negative ones you have been taking. Im not complaing im just trying to speak for the people i have no control of what Sony Playstation does but i do have control of my opinion and thoughts.

+ tpobeatheat187 on January 6th, 2013 at 4:18 pm said:

Sincerely, Tpobeatheater187

+ gameman187 on January 6th, 2013 at 4:24 pm said:

I get a kick out of you guys that expect a response or answer from this guy. I’ve been reading this drop for years & have yet 2 see 1 response regardless of the validity or stupidity of the comment. Give it up !! 8 )`

+ whoers on January 6th, 2013 at 4:25 pm said:

com·ment
/ˈkäment/
-Noun: A remark expressing an opinion or reaction.

disgusting