PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

The Drop: Week of January 14th 2012 New Releases

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar + Posted by Rey Gutierrez on Jan 13, 2013 // Senior Social Media Specialist

DmC reinvents Capcom’s classic action franchise to explore new frontiers with the series. The “Devil May Cry DNA” of stylish action, rewarding combat and a brash, smart-talking protagonist all remains; however, it has now injected with a dark and brutal gameplay that promises to redefine the franchise. The BioShock Ultimate Rapture Edition combines BioShock and BioShock 2 along with new Plasmids and Gene Tonics for the original BioShock, plus the Sinclair Solutions Tester pack, Rapture Metro Pack, The Protector Trials, and Minerva’s Den expansions for BioShock 2.

Enjoy this week The Drop.

DmC: Devil May Cry

(Also on PSN) – The Dante of DmC is a young man who has no respect for authority or society in general. Dante knows that he is not human, but also that he is not like the demons that have tormented him throughout his life. Caught between worlds, he feels like an outcast. He is now discovering and coming to terms with what it means to be the child of a demon and an angel. This split personality has a real impact on gameplay with Dante being able to call upon angel and demon abilities at will, transforming his Rebellion sword on the fly to dramatically affect both combat and movement.

BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition

The BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition includes the critically-acclaimed BioShock, BioShock 2 and add-on content for both games valued at more than $40. It also includes a trip to the never-before-seen Museum of Orphaned Concepts, providing a rare look at early concept art and character models that never made it into BioShock.

Angry Birds Trilogy – The survival of the Angry Birds is at stake. Dish out revenge on the green pigs who stole the Birds’ eggs. Use the unique destructive powers of the Angry Birds to lay waste to the pigs’ fortified castles. In Angry Birds Rio, the original Angry Birds are kidnapped and taken to the magical city of Rio, where they eventually escape their captors and set out to to save their friends, Blu and Jewel. And finally, Angry Birds Seaons, the birds are celebrating different festive seasons around the world. With more than 290 levels and regular free updates, these special episodes offer more challenging levels of pig-popping action and golden eggs to discover.

Corpse Party: Book of Shadows (PS Vita/PSP) – A sequel to the hit cult horror title, Corpse Party: Book of Shadows tells a series of short stories that help develop many of the characters introduced in the first game and expand their numbers with some “fresh meat” as well. Once again, “wrong ends” lurk around nearly every corner, amplified by binaural 3D audio effects and the chilling original Japanese voice track. Gameplay in Corpse Party: Book of Shadows takes on an all-new point-and-click mechanic, showcasing the spine-tingling events of Heavenly Host Elementary from a first-person perspective. As the terror level rises for individual characters, the game’s “darkening” system will slowly distort the game’s visuals and alter the students’ decision-making abilities. “Wrong ends,” in which characters are subjected to unfortunate and horrifying deaths, are once again on order, and this time players can save anywhere and fast-forward through events they’ve already seen in order to expedite the process of achieving each scenario’s true ending.

PlayStation 2 Classics

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness – Telling the tale of the self-absorbed Prince Laharl, Disgaea moves away fromthe typical “heroes of light” setting, and replaces it with a demon-infested netherworld. Awoken after a two-year slumber, Laharl is stunned to learn of his father King Krichevskoy’s death and the massive civil war for the throne that has followed. The rightful heir and all-around egocentric bastard that he is, Laharl isn’t about to lose his birthright without a fight, and it’s from there the story really takes off. Borrowing the same isometric approach that the Ogre Battle and Final Fantasy Tactics games have enjoyed over the years, Disgaea isn’t aimed at the novice RPG crowd — all the menus, items, weapons, are a perfect fit for any hardcore RPG fan, however.

Siren – The story of Forbidden Siren (European title), released as Siren in Japan in 2003, centers on a land-locked village in Japan that disappears following the loud blaring of a siren. Later that day, the once inhabitants of the village emerge from blood-red waters that now surround the remnants of the village. They’re no longer human though, having been somehow transformed into zombies. Choose from multiple characters, including a teenage boy leading a blind girl and a teacher and student duo to make your escape from the nightmare town. Forbidden Siren incorporates haunting environments, eerily realistic characters complete with motion-captured facial expressions, and unsettling camera techniques, resulting in one of the most terrifying games to date.

[Editor’s Note: The following dates are subject to change. Game details are gathered from Press Releases, Retail Descriptions, from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]

120 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ novoalucard on January 13th, 2013 at 4:01 pm said:

Can’t wait for Ni No Kuni next week

+ Dangisuckatgamin on January 13th, 2013 at 4:04 pm said:

Not the best week for me, but i can see many enjoying Angry Birds and Devils May Cry’s digital day 1 release.

+ gabriellegend on January 13th, 2013 at 4:04 pm said:

Yes! DmC on PsStore, almost a must buy right now.

+ N00bGamerIsN00b on January 13th, 2013 at 4:05 pm said:

Finally a good ps2 classic, Disgaea is a very good game, i really hope we get something good for plus this week coz past weeks were extremelly poor.

+ devilmosh on January 13th, 2013 at 4:06 pm said:

I’m crossing my fingers in hopes that Angry Birds is given to PS Plus members.

+ murben7 on January 13th, 2013 at 4:07 pm said:

YES!!!!!!! disgaea woohoo

+ Ryumoau on January 13th, 2013 at 4:07 pm said:

Nothing for me this week. I hope you guys get Ni Ni Kuni day 1 digital next week.

+ Ryumoau on January 13th, 2013 at 4:08 pm said:

@5 no i don’t want my free Plus game wasted on an port of an Iphone game.

+ Noire-_-9 on January 13th, 2013 at 4:11 pm said:

Corpse Party: Book Of Shadows!!!! :D

+ devilmosh on January 13th, 2013 at 4:11 pm said:

@8 Well, I’d like to play it in HD but not so much to pay the ungodly amount of the disc price (though I’d happily get the DLC if the main game is given to us). Plus, it’d give you something else to complain about and I’d hate to waste perfectly good popcorn.

+ N00bGamerIsN00b on January 13th, 2013 at 4:17 pm said:

Lol you want angry birds free for plus??? no way, we should get the games european plus are getting like batman ac or anarchy reigns…

+ N00bGamerIsN00b on January 13th, 2013 at 4:18 pm said:

i mean mortal kombat not anarchy reigns xD

+ brows76 on January 13th, 2013 at 4:19 pm said:

Not much for me this week.

+ Nazotchi on January 13th, 2013 at 4:19 pm said:

Corpse Party is the most exciting thing that’s been released for quite some time. Definitely picking that up as soon as the store updates.

+ brows76 on January 13th, 2013 at 4:20 pm said:

I am hoping for something good this week for Vita Plus members.

Chronovolt was TERRIBLE!

+ dragon_night on January 13th, 2013 at 4:23 pm said:

WHAT? NO KINGDOM HEARTS? i was expecting BBS soon

+ gabriellegend on January 13th, 2013 at 4:26 pm said:

I want Demon’s Souls for Plus.

+ WHITE_PR on January 13th, 2013 at 4:29 pm said:

Any news if Metal Gear Rising going to be digital from day one?

+ jayrabbit on January 13th, 2013 at 4:32 pm said:

Hey Ray, forgot to list the Wake Up App for the vita, or is it because its out on the 15 that its not listed?

+ hrcrowley on January 13th, 2013 at 4:33 pm said:

Gotta’ agree with 5 Angry Birds on the digital is a step in the right direction. Now we just need a siginificant price drop and hopefully someday soon a PS+ addition (which would insue virtual rioting across all the boards), but my kids would really enjoy and could scoop al them oh-so-lovely trophies.

+ DuoMaxwell007 on January 13th, 2013 at 4:34 pm said:

finally games worthy of the title “ps2 classics”

took you guys (Sony) long enough to learn what Classic means

+ PhillyTheCat on January 13th, 2013 at 4:40 pm said:

Is the Disgaea game the first one of the franchise?

+ DEATHSCYTHE3110 on January 13th, 2013 at 4:44 pm said:

Corpse Party!!!!! Thank you guys :D

+ DuoMaxwell007 on January 13th, 2013 at 4:46 pm said:

@22 yeah

+ PhillyTheCat on January 13th, 2013 at 4:51 pm said:

@ DuoMaxwell007-Thanks!
I never played any of them.
What are your thoughts on this one?

+ purse317 on January 13th, 2013 at 4:53 pm said:

Just a few questions

First and foremost why are day 1 releases not discounted lie they were in November?
Second why isn’t the game released at midnight for those who preorder it in the store it can’t be that hard to do?
Ultimately where is my incentive to buy online I can’t get my game early I can’t get my game for less Why should I buy a new release online seriously sell me on the idea

Lastly will Angry Birds be overpriced

+ Mecha_Sonic_75 on January 13th, 2013 at 4:54 pm said:

Unless you don’t like handhelds, Disgaea 1 was ported and enhanced in most of them! Having it as a PS2 Classic version of it would only cater to the purists. Although, what stopped NIS from releasing Disgaea 2 as a PS2 Classic, as well?

+ supvic on January 13th, 2013 at 4:55 pm said:

I was hoping for some kind of sale this week as all the PSN sales over the holiday period have been pitiful.. probably the worst holiday sale on PSN yet.

+ helbertpina on January 13th, 2013 at 4:55 pm said:

Did I miss something or does the store update on Mondays now? That’s pretty cool, actually!

+ Mecha_Sonic_75 on January 13th, 2013 at 5:00 pm said:

@29: No, all The Drop articles have this headline. And, not counting Chrishmas and New Year’s Eve, they are always published on a Sunday. As for the date, work days always start on a Monday, the PS Store update will still be on Tuesday.

+ PhillyTheCat on January 13th, 2013 at 5:03 pm said:

@Purse-I suggest waiting til the PS Plus/Store Update posts to ask questions addressed to staff, as Sir Rey does not do community chat anymore.

@Mecha_Sonic_75-Hour of Darkness was ported to PSP?

+ DuoMaxwell007 on January 13th, 2013 at 5:12 pm said:

@25 if you want a good story… then that game isnt good

however fi you want a game thatll make you laugh (the dialogue is hilarious) and want a game thats an extreme challenge (it was hard for me until I found an easy spot to grind) then youll love it

+ babygirl942000 on January 13th, 2013 at 5:17 pm said:

When the Playstation store was Changed I have noticed I dont like going in there and buying games as much . I used to love to go in there and look at the new games in the previous ps store layout. Now I just dont like it .

+ Dantes_Ragnarok on January 13th, 2013 at 5:18 pm said:

Ewwww DmC.
better save that money for MG Rising (and wait the complete edition of the already lacking DmC… bloody palace removed, my god, what a bunch of idiots. but people is willing to buy the game so why would I blame Capcom xD).

Disgaea, here I go :3

+ n0rmal94 on January 13th, 2013 at 5:19 pm said:

Hey I’m pretty sure there is some error here. Disgaea 2 was coming to the Psn not Disgaea 1. Nis said Disgaea 2 was going to be put up this week.

+ crusher915 on January 13th, 2013 at 5:21 pm said:

Is there any chance of getting Fallout 3 and New Vegas onto the store?

+ ARCADDER on January 13th, 2013 at 5:37 pm said:

I really can’t get this addiction of people wanting Angry Birds on every single platform they have! At least for me Angry Birds gets old, boring and annoying after 10 minutes of playing it. I guess it is O.K. as a free Android app, but for PS3? Hahahaha no way! I guess I’ll be checking out SIREN when it shows up in the store! :B

+ Obrusnine on January 13th, 2013 at 5:42 pm said:

Better drop then usual. But it would really make my day if you added Dark Cloud 1+2 as well as Summoner 1+2 as PS2 classics. PLEASE!!!

+ Tombraider1235 on January 13th, 2013 at 5:45 pm said:

I wonder What The Ps Plus Update Will Be?

+ Ryumoau on January 13th, 2013 at 5:50 pm said:

@10 wow you’re not very bright are you? :/

@26 i agree. I really don’t get why they are still pricing them at a full $60 digital. They aren’t even giving Plus members a discount. I’m hoping Ni No Kuni will be a surprise digital addition and discounted, but i highly doubt.

@39 i wouldn’t expect it to be anything more than a $5 psn title that is over a year old.

+ TerraAshura on January 13th, 2013 at 5:53 pm said:

Ooooh, Disgaea. Why you gotta tempt me like this, Sony? I’m supposed to start saving for my big summer move this week D:

+ someone1589 on January 13th, 2013 at 5:53 pm said:

is angry birds for the vita??

+ Pedro408sanjose on January 13th, 2013 at 6:07 pm said:

@35 No, Disgaea 2 is next week the 22nd.

+ Dr_letzshake on January 13th, 2013 at 6:08 pm said:

Yes for Disgaea

+ Traeia on January 13th, 2013 at 6:11 pm said:

Still hoping for Suikoden to be added as a PSOne Classic. Any word?

+ Pabloo1010 on January 13th, 2013 at 6:14 pm said:

Not interested in any of Capcom’s Devil May Cry attempts unless it is Directed by Hideki Kamiya, or Hideaki Itsuno, or a partnership with Platinum Games. Already pre-ordered Metal Gear Rising though, can’t wait :).

+ remanutd5 on January 13th, 2013 at 6:18 pm said:

when are we gonna see Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault running on the vita? there is not even one video.

+ remanutd5 on January 13th, 2013 at 6:20 pm said:

and please add a psmove section on the ps store, i have just finished Sorcery and i must say what a fantastic adventure experience the game has been, im looking for another game similar to sorcery, is there one? if not then please tell me you guys are working on a sequel.

+ n0rmal94 on January 13th, 2013 at 6:23 pm said:

@43 Really? well thanks. Going to get both of them then. Come on Sony, put some of your ps2 jrpgs on the Psn.

+ Squiggle55 on January 13th, 2013 at 6:25 pm said:

corpse party is a very welcomed addition. very awesome.

PAGE 1 2 3