PS4 - Destiny

Gran Turismo 5 Exclusive – ’14 Corvette Stingray Free on PSN

Ken Chan's Avatar + Posted by Ken Chan on Jan 14, 2013 // Product Manager, SCEA

'14 Corvette Stingray in Gran Turismo 5'14 Corvette Stingray in Gran Turismo 5

Arriving exclusively for Gran Turismo 5 this Tuesday, the 2014 Corvette Stingray DLC will be available for free through PlayStation Store.

Officially announced at the LA Auto Show last November, Polyphony Digital and Chevrolet worked very closely for months in developing an exclusive firsthand driving experience of the Corvette C7 in Gran Turismo 5. Since its introduction, nearly 500,000 people around the world have driven the camouflaged Corvette Test Prototype. And now, only just the day after the Corvette Stingray’s world debut at the North American International Auto Show, the DLC will be available exclusively through PS Store starting Tuesday.

'14 Corvette Stingray in Gran Turismo 5

'14 Corvette Stingray in Gran Turismo 5'14 Corvette Stingray in Gran Turismo 5

During the creation of the virtual Corvette Stingray, careful attention was paid to the tiniest details of the new design inside and out, as well as to the enhanced performance and driving characteristics — right down to the shift schedule for the 7-speed manual transmission.

The Corvette Stingray will produce an estimated 450 horsepower and 450 ft. lbs. of torque, is capable of accelerating from 0-60 in less than four seconds and will achieve more than 1g in cornering grip. It will also be the most fuel-efficient Corvette ever, exceeding the EPA-estimated 26 MPG of the current model.

For more information and video content, check out www.one13thirteen.com. Enthusiasts can join the conversation about the next-generation Corvette and keep track of new announcements on Facebook and Twitter.

47 Comments

+ PatricioUSA on January 14th, 2013 at 5:45 am said:

Looks really good.

+ MatheAdi on January 14th, 2013 at 6:01 am said:

Wow, that looks surprisingly sweet! Just another reason to get back into GT5.

+ GeoDarky on January 14th, 2013 at 6:02 am said:

OMG yes! thank you PD the vette is may FAV American car time to go back and play GT5 ^_^

+ EmmerichNasa on January 14th, 2013 at 6:18 am said:

Thanks Polyphony and Chevrolet !

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on January 14th, 2013 at 6:43 am said:

THANKS FOR THE FREE NEW CAR..IT WOULD BE EXTRA SWEET IF THAT HAD SOME OTHER CARS AND NEW TRACKS..BUT THERES ALWAYS HOPE :)

+ Bcrazyman on January 14th, 2013 at 6:45 am said:

really awsome car cant wait to get this car! awsome art work two!

+ marcelinoap77 on January 14th, 2013 at 6:49 am said:

Can we download it to our garage at my house?

+ togue on January 14th, 2013 at 6:49 am said:

still have a lot to do in this game!!!

+ Bcrazyman on January 14th, 2013 at 6:56 am said:

HEY CAN YOU USE THIS CAR IN ANY OTHER RACING GAMES? JUST ASKING!

+ terrencec06 on January 14th, 2013 at 7:07 am said:

Nice.

+ Death_to_Xbox_ on January 14th, 2013 at 7:13 am said:

★☆★☆★

+ kingbet123 on January 14th, 2013 at 7:20 am said:

Thank you!!!! :)

+ TRIX_BOL on January 14th, 2013 at 7:20 am said:

After the holidays yet we get the newly unveiled Chevrolet Corvette for FREE. Thanks!
I enjoyed playing to the Prototype version of this car, it was fun. Now with this Stingray, will be like riding an artistic car on the streets of GT5. :)

+ TRIX_BOL on January 14th, 2013 at 7:26 am said:

@9 Bcrazyman
The programmed codes used for this download content is mainly for it’s categorized game, in this case Gran Turismo 5. Just like any other racing game’s DLC cannot be used in GT5..

+ Death_to_Xbox_ on January 14th, 2013 at 7:29 am said:

I hope they allow race modification as well for this awesome 2014 Corvette Stingray. I also would like see a the new 2013 SRT Viper release for Gran Turismo 5 also. I ♥ the both of them.

+ punkmusic2009 on January 14th, 2013 at 7:34 am said:

why dose it say unrecnaze server when I connect to my sony music unlimted

+ Garconis on January 14th, 2013 at 7:38 am said:

14′ (14 foot) or ’14 (2014)? Fix the article title.

+ remanutd5 on January 14th, 2013 at 7:47 am said:

man i need to set up my driving wheel again, i played GT5 and Motorstorm Apocalypse last weekend and it just doesnt feel the same with DS3.

+ avdavidw on January 14th, 2013 at 7:47 am said:

Super excited for this!

+ JNM-CIM on January 14th, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

Wow, this is a really nice suprise! Thank you Polyphony Digital!

+ DonkeyKongKilla on January 14th, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

woah that car’s sick

+ sagohichi on January 14th, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

I hoped people never ever care about EPA of Corvette.

+ bombbreath on January 14th, 2013 at 8:48 am said:

Sweet deal, Wheres the Playstation Plus update for this week, someone is sleeping at the wheel.
Thank you from your Customer Ambassador to the Playstation Network online id: bombbreath Sony make.belive PS. you posted last weeks update as this week. You might want to go back and fix it, just saying.

+ swissmr on January 14th, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

Awesome that’s some quick turnaround.

+ bombbreath on January 14th, 2013 at 8:59 am said:

The Boss is watching, fix it. Thank you from your Customer Ambassador to the Playstation Network online id: bombbreath Sony make.belive

+ KloacyTheSeeker on January 14th, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

As the folks over at GTPlanet have keenly pointed out, Willow Springs Raceway is featured in the C7 PV. Looking forward to an official announcement for the track.

+ BrianC6234 on January 14th, 2013 at 10:24 am said:

Is this a premium car? I hope so. I wouldn’t mind seeing some of the standard cars upgraded to premium. You could charge for it. Like the Bugatti Veyron. It’s great that GT5 is being supported so long though.

+ Velmonte on January 14th, 2013 at 10:54 am said:

@27 BrianC6234
Don’t you think is too late to charge $ to upgrade that or even charge at all?
If you think about it, at this point of the cycle.. there is no chance that charging ‘even’ for this Corvette Stingray could make good numbers. That’s why is Free, to attract us loyal players to come back and give Gran Turismo 5 another spin. ;)

+ MastrGT on January 14th, 2013 at 10:56 am said:

Hey, Ken! Thanks for the news and pictures. Please drop by Monday night, on the 21st, when there will be a community event running the C7. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Events/Monday-Night-Racing/m-p/38013855

+ Darth-Krayt on January 14th, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

I always love Gran Turismo getting DLC. Speaking of that though, I’ve got a problem with your DLC not working on the PSN Store. I tried buying another paint pack (I need more pastel purple), but since the store changed, it no longer allows you (us) to buy the paint pack again if you already bought it. It just shows the shopping bag on the item showing you’ve bought it already, and when you click on it, it just gives the option to [DOWNLOAD]…….which does nothing.

Can you work with Sony to get this fixed please? I’ve mentioned this multiple times on store update related posts, and have gotten no response. Since this is actually a Gran Turismo post, maybe I can get the problem noticed here. (The first track DLC, Spa and Kart Space is also totally missing from the store). If I was trying to buy another paint pack (this would have been my 3rd), there must have been other GT fans who also tried. You guys MUST be losing potential money with the DLC for the highest selling PS3 exclusive by far not working on the Store.

+ MastrGT on January 14th, 2013 at 11:07 am said:

Correct. Parts of the PSN Store, such as the GT Boutique and some DLC, are still not working.

+ ptmacey on January 14th, 2013 at 11:47 am said:

with its regular updates,dlc and great seasonal events gt5 has turned out to be real great game with real longevity thanks pd

+ jqtaxpayer on January 14th, 2013 at 12:57 pm said:

Ah, the new ‘Vette is looking pretty sweet. Anyone want to buy one of my kidneys?

+ artform-fazeone on January 14th, 2013 at 1:12 pm said:

Nice Hot Wheels.!!!!!

+ BrianC6234 on January 14th, 2013 at 2:33 pm said:

Velmonte – I’d have no problem paying extra to get some of the standard cars updated to premium. They could offer a group of cars or maybe charge a small amount for single cars. I’d really like the Veyron to be premium.

+ Freshh23 on January 14th, 2013 at 3:16 pm said:

Free like it should be, great job guys! If you haven’t pulled any greedy, ripping off the consumer, anti consumer practices with this game, I will buy it within a month!

See gamers, video game consumers, every DLC doesn’t have to be paid like video game companies try and make you believe. Most DLC released can and should be free, even some video game companies have said this. The only reason why DLC that should be free is released as paid is because companies know enough gamers are dumb enough to pay for them.

+ MrSniffer on January 14th, 2013 at 3:22 pm said:

Happy to see this, but I’d be even happier if I could get my new Tesla Model S (Signature, Performance) car as DLC. It will outperform the Corvette!!!

+ BigBangBear on January 14th, 2013 at 3:56 pm said:

Thank you Polyphony and Chevrolet. Always enjoy the GT5 DLC and especially appreciate that this is free.

+ phade2blaq on January 14th, 2013 at 4:24 pm said:

I’m a huge Corvette fan but this 2014 model to me is so unCorvette like and hideous from the rear ! It resemble a Camaro from the the rear with the redesign of the lights !

+ tusunami on January 14th, 2013 at 7:11 pm said:

I am very excited to see the ongoing support for GT5 yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Nemesis_XIIXXVI on January 14th, 2013 at 7:33 pm said:

Hella yeah!! love the new Corvette Stingray. Thanks PD for making such a great car FREE!!!!

+ Sgt_0951 on January 15th, 2013 at 2:15 am said:

My God, the car just looks incredible!

Can’t wait to make some 1/4 mile runs on the Speed Test with this bad boy.

+ KloacyTheSeeker on January 15th, 2013 at 8:55 am said:

In the theme of all things that are new, shiny, and go fast. A New NSX Concept video was just posted (20 minutes ago) on the Gran Turismo Official Youtube channel. Now THISneeds to be made available. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8f11v2Lsls

+ TRIX_BOL on January 15th, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

@ 43 KloacyTheSeeker
Thanks for the link. I was blown, that car concept looks sick in Gran Turismo! Now I’m wishing they release this one as well. lol
Although I think Acura NSX’s hybrid system may not work in GT5, but I hope we get to drive it than waiting for another GT game.

+ omega_alpha-619 on January 15th, 2013 at 3:19 pm said:

How come you show a red one in the video and screenshots but only ‘cyber metallic grey’ is available when you download and car cannot be painted. ;(

(And no there are no different colors.. installed on multiple accounts all same color)

+ ChaseHammerJ on January 16th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

@omega_alpha-619, to get the red model go to the Dealership its $100k.

My only hate on this is that you cannot modify it. I expected it from the covered prototype but from the released one? Cmon, so really all I can do is get a new Oil change and add stability bars? Bah.

My 2009 ZR1 will put this new vette to shame, nah my 1997 Z28 makes this look like childsplay.

PLEASE UNLOCK IT FOR MODS!

+ omega_alpha-619 on January 16th, 2013 at 3:29 pm said:

@ ChaseHammerJ

Thanks man… and yeah I agree, was very disappointed that I could not modify the parts at all on this car.