LittleBigPlanet 3

PlayStation Plus Update: Become War in Darksiders, Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Jan 14, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

PS Plus members rang in the New Year with NBA JAM: On Fire Edition and Mega Man 9 and 10 for free. This week, we’re bringing you a mix of action and exploration with the original Darksiders. Read on to find out more about this week’s update and remember to use the polls on the right to let us know what you think of this week’s update! Also, if you haven’t already, make sure you check out NBA Jam: On Fire Edition and Mega Man 9 and 10, which are some of the more recent additions to the PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access.

January 15th PlayStation Plus Update

Darksiders (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members

Take control of War, one of the fabled Horseman of the Apocalypse, and rain down destruction with a combination of brutal attacks and supernatural abilities. Darksiders’ true appeal however isn’t just in its visceral action. With an emphasis on open world traversal and mind-bending dungeons to explore, Darksiders delivers a true adventure, supported by the amazing art styling of comic book art genius Joe Madureira.

PlayStation Plus Update 1-15-2013

Stardrone Extreme

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $3.99; PS Plus Price: $2.00)

Don’t miss out on this great deal for the PS Vita charmer Stardrone Extreme. Each level starts by aiming and shooting yourself out of a cannon into outer space. Your spaceship stays in motion from this point on, and it’s your job to attach to nearby gravity beacons to navigate its flight path. While tethered to a beacon, you’ll swing and attempt to circle the beacon until you release and slingshot yourself further. This core mechanic brings together elements of shoot ‘em up, pinball, collecting objects; all in one unique game.

One other note; some of you noticed that inFAMOUS 2 left PlayStation Plus as a free game last week. This was an error and it will be back in the Instant Game Collection on the 1/15 PlayStation Store Update.

Tell us what you think of this week’s update in the comments below and don’t forget to vote by using the links near the top of the post. You can also delve into the PlayStation Community Forums in the PS Plus space to continue chatting about PS Plus, find other great topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 1-15-2013

PAGE 1 2 3 12

+ Michzadood on January 14th, 2013 at 11:04 am said:

Darksiders!!!! Thank You So Much!!!!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 14th, 2013 at 2:00 pm said:

Glad you’re excited for it! I’ve played the second one, but missed out on the first one, so I’m excited to give this one a whirl after always hearing such great things about the game.

+ four24twenty on January 14th, 2013 at 11:04 am said:

Whoa….is this true? I’m not going to vote “Nothing for me this week”!!!!

Thank you PS Plus! It’s been a while!

+ Ghostwize on January 14th, 2013 at 11:05 am said:

Very Nice! Let the haters begin! :D

+ XenonSovereign on January 14th, 2013 at 11:05 am said:

It may be small, but I’m happy with this week’s update. I’ve been wanting to try out Darksiders. As for Stardrone, its among my favorite PS Move games. It was surprisingly good (and hard)

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 14th, 2013 at 12:01 pm said:

That’s right, I actually forgot it was PS Move compatible; thanks for the reminder!

+ aelurio1980 on January 14th, 2013 at 11:05 am said:

Finally.

+ Satnamji on January 14th, 2013 at 11:05 am said:

Nice! Looking forward to finally checking Darksiders out.

+ four24twenty on January 14th, 2013 at 11:05 am said:

p.s. – really appreciate the “I already have the content from this update” option on the poll!

+ Smert_ on January 14th, 2013 at 11:05 am said:

I love this game! This is an awesome entry into the Instant Game Collection!

+ brunomello8 on January 14th, 2013 at 11:06 am said:

Darksiders?!?!?! OH MY GOD! >.<
:D

+ Megadrixfire_24 on January 14th, 2013 at 11:06 am said:

finally, thanks.

+ Satnamji on January 14th, 2013 at 11:06 am said:

@6: Ditto!

+ Zerokoolpsx on January 14th, 2013 at 11:06 am said:

Definitely looking forward to playing Darksiders!

+ horndoghorner on January 14th, 2013 at 11:07 am said:

yeah lets get the positive comments in fast! loved the first darksiders, regret trading it in last year, not anymo! now i can get those pesky last 3 trophies. thanks again for the past year of awesomeness ps+!

+ anti-altair16 on January 14th, 2013 at 11:08 am said:

I should not have bought this in October. Darnit!

+ Hafnium_Lion on January 14th, 2013 at 11:08 am said:

I didn’t pick this one up when it came out, so I’ll check it out. Thanks.

+ afr1234 on January 14th, 2013 at 11:08 am said:

This is more like it and you are probably going to see it in the poll. I am not interested in the game at all but most people will be satisfied with this and at least give it a try because its a good game. Keep it up!

+ CrazyGuy62 on January 14th, 2013 at 11:08 am said:

That’s good. Darksiders looks great and now I can play the whole thing for free nice!! Now lets see the EU+philes say something now!!

+ nikrel on January 14th, 2013 at 11:08 am said:

Wow, great choice of a game!

Skyrim & Guardians of Middle Earth would also be great selections, just an idea not complaining!

I already purchased this awhile back off the PSN, but i’m still happy to see it on PS+, shows the awesomeness of PS+.

Thank you.

+ poodude on January 14th, 2013 at 11:09 am said:

Solid update, even if there’s nothing here to my liking (already own Darksiders on disc & Stardrone doesn’t interest me).

Can’t wait to see what comes in the next update though!

+ dodgedoors on January 14th, 2013 at 11:09 am said:

Looks interesting. I wonder if we are getting this because THQ went belly up.

+ four24twenty on January 14th, 2013 at 11:09 am said:

@13: However, you do get to keep the game forever after your subscription ends…just a silver lining.

+ Dubloon7 on January 14th, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

NOTHING AGAIN for me. THANKS, SONY!

Where’s the vita content for Plus members? getting tired of this garbage service.

$10 for a new copy of this game when it should have been given to us a month before Darksiders 2 was released last year. Nice try.

How about giving us the rest of Walking Dead for free and not just Eps 1 and 2? How about Unfinished Swan for free?

How about giving us vita owners PS1 and PSP games for free? Who, in the US, plays the PSP anymore? PSP games range from $0.25-$10 in stores. Fix your pricing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Ryumoau on January 14th, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

Finally a real game for once. And one i haven’t played to boot. First good update in over 3 month. thanks. :P

+ Pabloo1010 on January 14th, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

PS Plus, the best deal in gaming. Interested to see how PS Plus will link with the PS4.

+ Xloc on January 14th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

going to re-up for this. Been meaning to play this series.

+ Rennatus on January 14th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

I already have the content from this update, but darksiders it´s a nice game.
Thanks.

+ AteOff_Hitlure on January 14th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

Very excited to play darksiders I’ve been contemplating getting into this series and you guys made the decision for me. Nice update! Hopefully next update will include a solid vita title, it’s well needed.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on January 14th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

@four – you being sarcastic? no you don’t

+ Fardeenah on January 14th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

this is a good update for ps3 users but for guys like me who has ps plus only for the vita i hope we get some good games next week … i mean a real good game not some crappy old retro game….

+ remanutd5 on January 14th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

Nice i will give it a try but when are we getting Motorstorm Apocalypse, Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time or Resistance 3? anyways thanks for bringing Sorcery to playstation plus, i bought the game when it was $15.99 i think and i have just recently finished it and i must say what an amazing adventure experience the game has been, i totally love it please tell me you guys are planning a sequel!!!! Sorcery 2 on the ps4 with couple of improvements and it could be a good hit for motion control gaming, i think the game is fantastic but as usual you guys dont advertise anything.

+ musicman182 on January 14th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

I already own the game on disc, but I’ll probably download it anyway to have it available digitally. Great update!

+ DaMann22 on January 14th, 2013 at 11:12 am said:

Finally one I can get behind. Great choice ps+ guys.

+ remanutd5 on January 14th, 2013 at 11:12 am said:

oh yea i hope Plus get me into Killzone Mercenary beta or Soul sacrifice, Tearaway early demos.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 14th, 2013 at 12:03 pm said:

I’ll pass along that feedback to the teams.

+ taifunBr on January 14th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

Hey, what about Vita?
When can we expect the next update?

+ IVANBARROK on January 14th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

Thank you so much! Finally heard our prayers :P

+ Rennatus on January 14th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

Is there any chance of releasing the game one piece pirate warriors free to psn plus subscribers?

+ freshprincepbg on January 14th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

eh, i guess this is a good freebie.

+ RateX_BR on January 14th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

Already have that game (which is great btw) but I’m happy to see the PS+ US shinning again>
Enjoy it!!

+ andysd on January 14th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

Thanks for this update! I’ve been wanting to play this for awhile, but have held off buying it hoping it would show up on plus. It’s also really nice to see the “I already have the content from this update” in the poll. Hopefully this update is a sign of more good things to come.

+ johnnyp70 on January 14th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

#16, this has been free in EU for quite some time. Don’t get me wrong-great game, but still, old.

+ RE_Player on January 14th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

I already own both games but am so happy for people who have not played Darksiders yet. Fantastic game. Good week for Plus.

+ sab_krit on January 14th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

Nice update! No complaints this time around. It is possible to get a retail game in the third week of the month. This update surely beats the EU’s Bioshock 2 update.

+ JamesBlonde777 on January 14th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

Excellent! Well done!

+ DonkeyKongKilla on January 14th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

Another weird dark feeling game, so much for variety. mostly has been arcade classics, fighting, “beat em up’s like that guy said that’s actually Action – (fighting really)…. Bleh I will however give this a try before I do the rates, seems strange and interesting at the same time.

+ Ryumoau on January 14th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

@ 3 don’t you have a dumb ‘copy&paste’ post to spam this article with? Or are you too lazy for even that?

+ Skiedragon81 on January 14th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

eh not bad not bad, it only took us around half a year to get a game eu had, but its a good start none the less, even if i have it already its a step in the right direction.

+ cubbielovr on January 14th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

Very excited about this week’s release. I cant wait to download. BTW, how big is the file size for Darksiders?

+ StECnet on January 14th, 2013 at 11:16 am said:

I don’t understand why a bunch of my free games I downloaded on PS+ stopped working saying the content expired, I thought as long as you keep your membership to plus active you don’t lose any games!??? Not at all happy right now.!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 14th, 2013 at 12:06 pm said:

This shouldn’t be the case. Contact Customer Service and let them know what’s going on; but I apologize for that inconvenience if that’s the case.

PHONE 800-345-SONY
    Mon – Sun 6:00AM – 10:00PM Pacific

+ Skiedragon81 on January 14th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

@sab we already ad a bs2 update- eu was being asked for it thats why they got it – imagine that the consumer asks for something and they get it, SOA is finally starting to do the same thing

+ Michzadood on January 14th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

i would also like to see Mlb The Show 12 or ModNation for ps vita in the next update morgan : ), Keep the good work bro and thanks again for Darksiders!!!

PAGE 1 2 3 12