PS4-Infamous

PlayStation Plus Update: Become War in Darksiders, Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Jan 14, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

PS Plus members rang in the New Year with NBA JAM: On Fire Edition and Mega Man 9 and 10 for free. This week, we’re bringing you a mix of action and exploration with the original Darksiders. Read on to find out more about this week’s update and remember to use the polls on the right to let us know what you think of this week’s update! Also, if you haven’t already, make sure you check out NBA Jam: On Fire Edition and Mega Man 9 and 10, which are some of the more recent additions to the PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access.

January 15th PlayStation Plus Update

Darksiders (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members

Take control of War, one of the fabled Horseman of the Apocalypse, and rain down destruction with a combination of brutal attacks and supernatural abilities. Darksiders’ true appeal however isn’t just in its visceral action. With an emphasis on open world traversal and mind-bending dungeons to explore, Darksiders delivers a true adventure, supported by the amazing art styling of comic book art genius Joe Madureira.

PlayStation Plus Update 1-15-2013

Stardrone Extreme

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $3.99; PS Plus Price: $2.00)

Don’t miss out on this great deal for the PS Vita charmer Stardrone Extreme. Each level starts by aiming and shooting yourself out of a cannon into outer space. Your spaceship stays in motion from this point on, and it’s your job to attach to nearby gravity beacons to navigate its flight path. While tethered to a beacon, you’ll swing and attempt to circle the beacon until you release and slingshot yourself further. This core mechanic brings together elements of shoot ‘em up, pinball, collecting objects; all in one unique game.

One other note; some of you noticed that inFAMOUS 2 left PlayStation Plus as a free game last week. This was an error and it will be back in the Instant Game Collection on the 1/15 PlayStation Store Update.

Tell us what you think of this week’s update in the comments below and don’t forget to vote by using the links near the top of the post. You can also delve into the PlayStation Community Forums in the PS Plus space to continue chatting about PS Plus, find other great topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 1-15-2013

PAGE 1 9 10 11 12

+ BlueBl1zzard on January 15th, 2013 at 1:21 pm said:

@pers1m0ny Up until last week, the poll results were public, and half of the comments in those blog posts would just say, “Well the poll says this, or the poll says that.” So I guess morgan would rather have (a majority of) the comments be focused on something other than what “the polls say”

+ dorkgeniuz21 on January 15th, 2013 at 1:22 pm said:

Can you guys please tell sony that us Ps vita owners would like way more Remote-play & cross controller content. Or at the least tell Sony to make cross-controller automatically compatible with the entire Ps3 so we can basically use the Vita as a ps3 controller and if anything replace our ps3 controllers.Thats what most of us want to do atleast and its kind of nerve wrecking waiting for individuel developers to come up with ideas for cross-controller schemes or remote-play patches…

+ sab_krit on January 15th, 2013 at 1:26 pm said:

@hellsflamecharge
‘If you’re one of the people who say they can barely afford the 50 bucks a year, than maybe you shouldn’t be spending time playing video games?’

What nonsense are you talking? You are saying a student who paid a lot of money for a tuition and cant afford 50 bucks for this service or a guy paying mortgage and doesn’t want to afford 50 bucks for this service should not play video games? Or a kid who’s parent doesnt want to pay 50 bucks for the service every year should not play video games?

+ ECisMe on January 15th, 2013 at 1:35 pm said:

Good update! I’m rather excited to tackle this one.

+ sab_krit on January 15th, 2013 at 1:38 pm said:

yeah nice update! I would rejoice POP trilogy also!!!

+ sUredruMdoG on January 15th, 2013 at 2:07 pm said:

thank you PS Plus Darksiders is a bad ass game and u will never hear a complanit from me free is free so thanks again. Keep up the good work.

+ zultan8212 on January 15th, 2013 at 2:32 pm said:

I’m not particularly interested in this game but it’s nice to see a game of this caliber make it to the IGC. Keep it up!

+ QueenB82 on January 15th, 2013 at 3:08 pm said:

Well I can’t say I voted b/c in a sense it’s kind of a 2-way response for me for one I already have StarDrome (I’ve had for a few months now) and, atm, I’m not sure how I feel about Darksiders yet (maybe I’ll download it; maybe not)–but it seems kinda interesting.

But I will say at least the week is far more better than what it has been for Plus update. I only lament that there wasn’t something for the Vita this week (you guys/gals *really* need to put more emphasis on that as the weeks and months go by).

+ MechaYoakoCL on January 15th, 2013 at 3:31 pm said:

No love for VITA!?!?!??!?!

+ ojha_cojek on January 15th, 2013 at 4:55 pm said:

Hm I don’t get why Dungeon Hunter for vita is not $0,99 for plus when you just gave it to ps3 users?

+ Sadist1313 on January 15th, 2013 at 5:34 pm said:

Love this game! thanks for the freebie!!

+ pers1m0ny on January 15th, 2013 at 5:56 pm said:

@BlueBl1zzard on January 15th, 2013 at 1:21 pm said:

> @pers1m0ny Up until last week, the poll results were public, and half of the comments in those blog
> posts would just say, “Well the poll says this, or the poll says that.” So I guess morgan would rather have
> (a majority of) the comments be focused on something other than what “the polls say”

More than half? Really. You actually counted them?

Seriously though, I understand what you mean. And I understand Morgan’s reasoning as well.
That doesn’t change my opinion that it is a little bit of a lame thing to do to conduct a poll then hide the results.

The way I see it, you milk the community for some information, the very least you can do in return is let everybody in on the result.

If ‘this poll is private’ going to be the way. I will exercise the only means I have of protesting:
– no more votes from me
– at least one comment / question about the poll being private

Anyhow, I think I’ve made enough posts about this now.

No more comments about this from me on this weeks blog post.

+ abitca on January 15th, 2013 at 8:57 pm said:

A friend has been bugging me to play this game forever… keeps telling me to just buy it but I just don’t have the money to be buying games I’m not so sure about. Yes, I’ve heard it’s amazing but I don’t like spending my money on a game I’m not absolutely certain I will enjoy and want to own. Anyway — very glad to see it available on PS+ so that I can give it a go!

+ Oblivieon on January 16th, 2013 at 1:16 am said:

Hey Morgan, Just thought of something… First off the PS+ program is the craziest thing I’ve ever seen. I love it, so keep up the great work! When you break it down honestly, If we get one good month, We’re already seeing value. I’ve already done that easily with the Vita offerings. But on to my question!

Do you think the PS+ team would consider a “Second chance” offer or promotion? For example “This month download 5 games you missed from the back catalog of games that were offered?” Or maybe as an incentive to subscribe or renew? Like “Subscribe or Renew to PS+ and download 5 games of your choice from the back catalog.”

I think it’ll add quite a bit of value to the program, plus it helps late adpoters somewhat catch up on what they missed.

Thanks!!!!

+ sab_krit on January 16th, 2013 at 7:06 am said:

@Oblivieon Why just 5? Why not all the US + IGC and EU + IGC from the back catalog? (Sarcasm)

@pers1m0ny So What really triggered u to comment abt the poll in the first place, if you are going to protest by not voting? Seems like you dont care abt the polls for the real purpose of it.

+ GT-420 on January 16th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

Just checking back in here to say Darksiders is awesome, thanks again for listening to us and please keep things going in this direction.

+ bagybagog on January 16th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

Darksiders is not a bad choice. An improvement over recent offerings. Thanks.

+ Hoopjone on January 16th, 2013 at 8:40 am said:

this game is garbage.

+ sab_krit on January 16th, 2013 at 9:06 am said:

@Hoopjone Why is that so?

+ Welmosca on January 16th, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

@ 518 Hoopjone – You are the only one garbage here…troll.

+ Nefes_tos on January 16th, 2013 at 11:51 am said:

nice update guys! i wont complain this week xD

+ dustyoda on January 16th, 2013 at 11:52 am said:

Not impressed with Darksiders, I didn’t even finish the one hour full game trial, so i wont even be downloading it.
I was really hoping for something good like Arkham city, but I still have to beat infamous 2(good game),and ratchet all 4 one(good game).
So hopefully something really impressive will follow

+ EZaxess on January 16th, 2013 at 1:05 pm said:

I may not be happy once again, after more than 3-4 months of deception with PS+ choices. Saying that Darksiders is just garbage I say you’re just cynical because the game is actually good. Sure it may not fall into your tastes nor does it for mine but dude, you should see life on a more positive level because that attitude will only hurt your own self. I’m sorry if you can’t open your eyes wide enough to notice that.

+ EZaxess on January 16th, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

Also, I may not agree with the polls being set to private ONCE they’ve been public to begin with… I completely agree with them being private. They aren’t there to be the matter of discussion but just to serve as data for the company, but at the same time they should’ve been private to begin with because now, as sad as it sounds they are more of a topic of controversy. Poop happens, and now we deal with it. Such is life. People who spend their time saying ‘I won’t subscribe again’ yet subscribe again, stop wasting your time. If you truly believe what you say you would just do it, and not come back every week saying the same thing over and over again. Do it, shut up and move on. Or don’t do it and give constructive criticism instead.

I, myself am dissatisfied with PS+ but I assume my actions, and know I will be a member for a while and hope for the service to offer something I appreciate. I am still a subscriber and I am patient. I read these blogs every now and then during the week and most of the members here are parrots with no real purpose, wake up and be someone, instead of something.

+ EZaxess on January 16th, 2013 at 1:17 pm said:

One last thing, to people saying that Morgan don’t answer to negative comments, he actually does. I haven’t been happy for a while and he replied to every comment I left. The reason he may not be replying it’s because the content is either useless, passive aggressive or perhaps just isn’t something reasonable. He’s a blogger and a good one at it, he’s not picking and planning PS+. He’s the messenger. Cheers.

+ sab_krit on January 16th, 2013 at 1:45 pm said:

@EZaxess
“One last thing, to people saying that Morgan don’t answer to negative comments, he actually does. I haven’t been happy for a while and he replied to every comment I left.”
Can you give me the link where he replied to your negative comment? Cuz I have never seen any!!!

“I, myself am dissatisfied with PS+ but I assume my actions, and know I will be a member for a while and hope for the service to offer something I appreciate. I am still a subscriber and I am patient.”

AND your last two comments are called TROLLING!!! stop strolling if u want to be of any use to the community.

CHEERS!!!!

+ ChainClutch on January 16th, 2013 at 3:35 pm said:

Awesome update to plus!!! i been wanting darksiders for a long time and was very very close to getting it on bluray for like $20 but now i got it for free :) sure it took up 10GB on my HDD but I can remove some old games on there. thanks again.

+ BlueBl1zzard on January 16th, 2013 at 4:20 pm said:

sab_krit on January 16th, 2013 at 1:45 pm said:
“Good for you, but not everyone want to be patient, So shut up when ppl actually want to know y the sevice is not offering something they appreciate instead of asking the complainers to shut up (its not ur job to ask the complainers t onot complain for which they paid for)!”

@sab_krit By telling EZaxess to shut up about telling others to shut up, aren’t you guilty of the exact same thing you’re accusing him of? If you want people to respect your right to complain about something, you should respect their right to complain about others’ complaining, it makes the world (or at least this blog) a much more tolerable place.

Cheers lol!

+ EZaxess on January 16th, 2013 at 5:29 pm said:

@sab_krit: I have no clue why you are taking it so personal, my message was addressed to some people being outright rude and entitled children. What I meant to display is that ‘do something about it or word it in a way that SONY would actually listen, and not just walk through’. Albeit you don’t impress me, I’ve seen you walk around these blogs just taking everything personal.

But again I’ve made that mistake as well, reading what I wrote my last comment was no better than anyone else being rude to each other so for that, I wish to take it back. Sorry if I offended anybody, except for sap_kid.

+ mi3474 on January 16th, 2013 at 5:48 pm said:

Vita-Only owner feeling a bit left out on PS Plus . . . doesn’t seem to have much to offer recently. Is that going to be the trend? Might need to rethink membership . . .

+ sab_krit on January 17th, 2013 at 7:06 am said:

@BlueBl1zzard

‘By telling EZaxess to shut up about telling others to shut up, aren’t you guilty of the exact same thing you’re accusing him of? If you want people to respect your right to complain about something, you should respect their right to complain about others’ complaining.’

So I wish you respect my right to complain abt the complainers who complain abt the complainers and in a way I guess you should respect me to make the world (or at least this blog) a much more tolerable place.

Cheers!!!

@EXaxess

‘But again I’ve made that mistake as well, reading what I wrote my last comment was no better than anyone else being rude to each other so for that, I wish to take it back. Sorry if I offended anybody, except for sap_kid’

WOW! You are a real adult. NAH! Put down your controllers and do ur math assignments kiddo!!! Shooo

+ dark1725 on January 17th, 2013 at 7:54 am said:

wow yet again a 4 yr old game that most have played and beat over and over again sony i want my money back for all these crapy months of games that are out of date send us sometbing that is atleast 2 yrs old come on we pay you for this stuff please someone tell my why i should keep paying for stuff that i could go to a gamestop or walmart and buy for cheap than i would my years worth price of ps+ ?

+ dark1725 on January 17th, 2013 at 7:57 am said:

+ dark1725 on January 17th, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

sorry some of my comment have spelling errors im typing this from the psvita that has a lagging problem when i type fast

+ sab_krit on January 17th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

@dark1725
‘btw im tired of beating most of tbese crapy games with 13hr of game play give us something worth our membership if the truth hurt pour salt on he wounds’

So you are asking for shorter length games or longer length games?

+ dark1725 on January 17th, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

longer like les say 32 hr game would be nice

+ dark1725 on January 17th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

damn vita im asking for longer games

+ sab_krit on January 17th, 2013 at 8:31 am said:

@dark1725 but u haven’t beaten this game!!!

+ japl0684 on January 17th, 2013 at 11:42 am said:

Darksiders, Hooah for Plus US this week!!!!

+ HARDCOR999x000 on January 17th, 2013 at 4:49 pm said:

Finally something good. Thanks for the Darksiders!

+ cramer7293 on January 18th, 2013 at 11:02 pm said:

I quite happy about this update. I’ve been waiting for this to be free for psplus for a long time now. Thank you guys. Now if only we can get metal gear solid gotp or one piece pirate worriors for free.

p.s when is maintenance over?

+ dark1725 on January 19th, 2013 at 4:55 am said:

i have beatin this game just at the time i had a different ps3 and no ps+ back then and well thats was back before the trophie sync was corrected i have 53 different games the psn hasnt accounted for but owell guess thats whywhen i beat them i take them back to the store to get something else usually takes me a couple days and p.s . i really wish that sony would give us full details to whywe had to wait for maintence on the psn and why it took almost 3 days to get finished and what the update was for and why in specific details would be nice because i was on th verge of selling my ps3 and psvita and sony tv because i was so upset that i spend so much money for the best hightech gaming devices and not getting my moneys work h bc sony wants too much money when clearly there products have a even higher potential and much needed better service i could do better than that but owell …

+ dark1725 on January 19th, 2013 at 5:23 am said:

and sony the update that took forever to finish didnt do much and the new psn still is glitchy and is slow responsive

+ Beam_Claws on January 19th, 2013 at 8:08 pm said:

Only a 2$ discount on a 4$ game for Vita? Really?

+ wgre0111 on January 19th, 2013 at 11:09 pm said:

hrmmm… really wondering if there is a way to see all the current instant game collection titles that are available in the PSN store on on a single web page… just purchased the Plus membership and i’m having to search through many pages for free games that are avail for Plus members…

+ chigurth on January 20th, 2013 at 6:40 am said:

hey give me some rpg never seen one since i joined

+ MeteorMash on January 21st, 2013 at 12:36 am said:

Its good to have PS Plus. Definitely keeps me busy after I return from work. Looks like a good game, I’m downloading it now. Thanks Sony, much appreciated.

+ MortD on January 21st, 2013 at 4:47 am said:

The plus really need a rpg..

+ Keybloker on January 21st, 2013 at 5:19 am said:

By the image, I thought Darsiders would be an awesome “God of War + Dante’s Inferno + RDR Undead Nightmare” game.

The thing is the crap that the crap craps when it has a bad diarrhea. Stupid little game.

+ Keybloker on January 21st, 2013 at 5:35 am said:

Or maybe I’ll sign up to the european PSN. I mean, they’ve given CRYSIS 2 last november… Arkham City last December, RDR for october, Deus Ex for september…

I mean, COME ON!!!!!!