PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation Plus Update: Become War in Darksiders, Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Jan 14, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

PS Plus members rang in the New Year with NBA JAM: On Fire Edition and Mega Man 9 and 10 for free. This week, we’re bringing you a mix of action and exploration with the original Darksiders. Read on to find out more about this week’s update and remember to use the polls on the right to let us know what you think of this week’s update! Also, if you haven’t already, make sure you check out NBA Jam: On Fire Edition and Mega Man 9 and 10, which are some of the more recent additions to the PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access.

January 15th PlayStation Plus Update

Darksiders (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members

Take control of War, one of the fabled Horseman of the Apocalypse, and rain down destruction with a combination of brutal attacks and supernatural abilities. Darksiders’ true appeal however isn’t just in its visceral action. With an emphasis on open world traversal and mind-bending dungeons to explore, Darksiders delivers a true adventure, supported by the amazing art styling of comic book art genius Joe Madureira.

PlayStation Plus Update 1-15-2013

Stardrone Extreme

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $3.99; PS Plus Price: $2.00)

Don’t miss out on this great deal for the PS Vita charmer Stardrone Extreme. Each level starts by aiming and shooting yourself out of a cannon into outer space. Your spaceship stays in motion from this point on, and it’s your job to attach to nearby gravity beacons to navigate its flight path. While tethered to a beacon, you’ll swing and attempt to circle the beacon until you release and slingshot yourself further. This core mechanic brings together elements of shoot ‘em up, pinball, collecting objects; all in one unique game.

One other note; some of you noticed that inFAMOUS 2 left PlayStation Plus as a free game last week. This was an error and it will be back in the Instant Game Collection on the 1/15 PlayStation Store Update.

Tell us what you think of this week’s update in the comments below and don’t forget to vote by using the links near the top of the post. You can also delve into the PlayStation Community Forums in the PS Plus space to continue chatting about PS Plus, find other great topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 1-15-2013

PAGE 1 5 6 7 8 9 12

+ mnstrings on January 14th, 2013 at 3:40 pm said:

@ DKK,

And I repeat myself, its a very, very weak criticism. While you may think they all have the same theme, I can assure you they are all very different games in their plots and gameplay. But go on and keep your tradition of complaining about something every week if you’d like. ;)

If you don’t want to be replied based on the things you say, then I suggest you don’t say anything.

+ thefuhrerrsabe on January 14th, 2013 at 3:42 pm said:

Excellent!!

+ claygriffith on January 14th, 2013 at 3:43 pm said:

First really good game in a while. Very excited to play this one.

+ quasar338 on January 14th, 2013 at 3:44 pm said:

Holy, Moly ! wow! awsome! Can’t wait to play Horseman. I’ve herd so much about this and have been wanting to for so long. Thank you , Thank You !

+ blitziken on January 14th, 2013 at 3:44 pm said:

Definitely lacking in support for the Vita. It’s not like megaman 9,10, NBA on fire edition runs on the vita. It’s been a while since we got anything for the Vita no?

Gravity rush, uncharted GA, wipeout. They were originally launch titles and I’m pretty sure that most people who own a vita would have either already played or owned these titles.

The only ones that people didn’t play? probably jet set radio (an old game) and Chronovolt.

Is it the end for the vita already?

+ greggysmalls1 on January 14th, 2013 at 3:45 pm said:

Excellent update. Darksiders is a quality title and exactly the kind that will keep folks around here happy/subscribed. Yes there is a lot of criticism when the community sees a sub par update or perceives there to be a downward trend in IGC content, but people are also genuinely grateful when there is a strong addition to the IGC. Thank you and keep the great stuff coming!

+ nolo451 on January 14th, 2013 at 3:47 pm said:

How anyone can say that the Vita part of PS+ is not worth it is beyond crazy. You got 6 free titles right off the bat, that alone should offset the cost of PS+. I cannot understand how anyone can say that type of stuff with a straight face.

Even Uncharted and Gravity Rush IMO are worth it for the yearly price.

+ ItaChu on January 14th, 2013 at 3:48 pm said:

morgan dont you think its a little late when you say we always mention what game is leaving plus in the weekly ps store update … i mean by then its already been taken off so whats the use lol you should say whats leaving plus this wek IN THIS POST not in tomorrows post…

i liked ps plus when i had it, its a nice service if you dont have the games that are being given for free, but i have or have had most of the games being giving out lately so i hqvent renewed im waiting for something big to come out that i dont have but i just dont see it happening … though i might renew someday to play all the other games i got for free :)

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 14th, 2013 at 4:48 pm said:

I’m referring to the Store Update from last week which we give a 1 week heads up on what’s leaving in Plus. So for example, tomorrow’s Store Update post will show what’s leaving Plus next week.

+ blakseed on January 14th, 2013 at 3:49 pm said:

@278

I prefer weekly updates. I was around when they had monthly updates, and it was cool, but it sucked waiting a month for new plus content. Weekly is better imo. Something to look forward to every week.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on January 14th, 2013 at 3:50 pm said:

@mnstrings – again… Think clearly, I am not TALKING plots, I am NOT talking gameplay. Actually think about it. It’s not that hard of a concept to grasp.

THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME TYPE OF THEME DARK VIBE TYPE…. I mean really.

It’s like the 3 arcade fighting games, game play was different, the story to it were different I’m assuming sense it’s a different game, but it’s all on basically the same exact THEME: fighting.

Don’t try to sound smart and troll on my comments if your going to argue something that I’m not even saying, I didn’t say the gameplay was the same nor the story. WOW.

And wanting more of a variety in the full games they give us as full games is weak?

Okay, think about that one. Wanting more of a variety of full games. okay okay…

+ franky_boyzz on January 14th, 2013 at 3:56 pm said:

one day they will be no more game to give :D hahaha thx you playstation bro !!!
WAKE UP CLUB tomorrow :D :D

+ gauge918 on January 14th, 2013 at 3:57 pm said:

WOW! I have been waiting to finish this since my ex stole all of my games. At last plus did something right. These are the types of games that you need to be giving away every week. I can’t believe that we finally got something that rivals the UK ps+. They did get Darksiders a long time ago though. I think that we should get an RPG next. I also wouldn’t mind playing through the Uncharted games again, even though I plattied them. How about giving people the rest of The Walking Dead. I loved that game, and I think that plus users should have an opportunity to experience the rest of the story. Telltale did an amazing job with that. How about Doom 3 BFG edition? Just throwing some ideas out there for you guys. I think that everyone should have a vote on 3 or 4 choices, and let the majority decided what we get. It would work great, and there would be less complaning.

+ mnstrings on January 14th, 2013 at 3:58 pm said:

DKK,

Can’t you for once just be happy with what you are getting? That’s my point, it always has to be something with people like you.

Not sure how that is trolling, but ok, if that;s how you see being called out, then go for it.

But whatever, guess people like you and Ryumaou will always complain about something, I’m slowly starting to accept it, and I guess there’s nothing to stop you guys.

If you don’t think getting games like RE5, Bioshock 2, and Darksiders is a good variety then I really don’t know what to tell you. If you are so unsatisfied that you need to come here week after week to complain, I think you are better of not buying PS+ and using that money to get the games you want. What do you think? Or is this me “trolling” you again?

+ Beto_Campos3 on January 14th, 2013 at 4:01 pm said:

nothing for the PSVita?

+ MushThePainter on January 14th, 2013 at 4:03 pm said:

Darksiders is a great game, too bad I already platinumed it.. to anyone who’s never played it, there is a game breaking glitch in the dungeon/castle with the elevators in it, when you’re going up the elevators DO NOT jump up and down and spin the camera around like an idiot(me), you will fall through the elevator and won’t be able to go back up, I had to restart my whole play through 30 hrs in!! BE CAREFUL!!

+ BlueBl1zzard on January 14th, 2013 at 4:05 pm said:

@305 nolo451 And if you think about it, we’ve tecnically got enough vita games so far to where if it was split up to one a week, this would only be the 2nd week where we haven’t gotten anything (1st week if you want to count Final Fantasy).

+ BDB1324 on January 14th, 2013 at 4:05 pm said:

@Morgan

Last week I bought hyperballoid when it was on sale liked it enough to buy the dlc only to find it is no longer on the PS store. I even searched for it and still couldn’t find it any update would be awesome. Great update by the way.

+ PlatinumAura on January 14th, 2013 at 4:06 pm said:

Bought this game last year but I love it! You guys/gals will love it too!

+ BigBangBear on January 14th, 2013 at 4:06 pm said:

Great addition to PS+. Thanks.

Also, in one of the early comments it said Stardrone is compatible with PS Move. Does that mean there is a cross-save ability or is that not even relevant? I don’t know much about the game and am just curious since I really enjoy the cross-save/progress ability with PS3 and Vita on things like PS All-Stars Battle Royale and Big Sky Infinity.

Also, I agree with an earlier comment that if a PS Classic game was included as a Vita addition that might help some of the complaining about Vita support. In saying that I am still more than very happy with the Vita library we were given to start.

+ mnstrings on January 14th, 2013 at 4:12 pm said:

@nolo451,

People that don’t think Vita games are worth the cost of PS+ are pretty dumb. Nothing else to say about that. Check the prices at amazon.com for each of the 6 games that were introduced to the IGC and tell me how much the total for that is. Now compare it to the $50 cost of PS+. Which is more? Anyone that says its not worth it is a dumb tool. Don’t even mention the fact that more games will be introduced, just the first 6 games alone is worth the cost.

Simple as that. I fail to take them seriously as soon as they start with that nonsense.

+ JediOniram on January 14th, 2013 at 4:12 pm said:

Awesome. I 1000/1000 this on that other console, and now I have a good excuse to play it again and get a platinum! If you haven’t played Darksiders, I wholly recommend it.

+ rjmultimedia on January 14th, 2013 at 4:16 pm said:

+ Morgan Haro im not able to download or buy megaman 9 only the 1, i have no idea why and im runing out of time someone could help me?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 14th, 2013 at 4:51 pm said:

There are some cases where MM9 is not downloading the full game, only the unlock key; which means you might have downloaded the demo a ways back. What you may need to do is to of course download the unlock key for MM9 on its game page, but then also download the MM9 demo manually. This should get everything to work. Sorry about the inconvenience there.

+ OddMrT on January 14th, 2013 at 4:16 pm said:

Amazes me how some people can mange to complain about anything. At most you are paying $6 a month for this service and, I’m guessing, if you tallied everything you’ve downloaded so far your retail value far exceeds what you’ve paid. If all we were getting were six year old licensed kids games, you might have a point. Darksiders is a quality game regardless of whether or to you’ve played it. Can you buy it for $10 on disk? Sure. Are you paying $10 for it through this service? Not even close. I’ve seen how constructive criticism can sometimes be appreciated and given a proper response, but no one likes blatant whining over a false sense of entitlement. Yes, Europe has gotten some incredible games lately, but that doesn’t mean that we are getting ripped-off because we aren’t getting the same.

+ Ecks on January 14th, 2013 at 4:17 pm said:

I’ve owned Darksiders since it came out, so another Plus update where I don’t get anything “free”, but that’s okay. I’d like to see Plus receive more new free games, but I know that isn’t always possible.

I’ve gotten enough stuff free through Plus to justify it, just the auto-renewal I got recently really annoyed me. The money just came out of my wallet, and not even an e-mail from Sony to tell me what had happened! Just $50 gone. I figured it out when I saw I still had my Plus access and what must have happened, but really, it shouldn’t be auto-renewal, and it should notify you when taking $50 out of your wallet.

+ komentra on January 14th, 2013 at 4:17 pm said:

Not a bad update to bad I grabbed the game for $5 at a Pawn Shop over the weekend. I wish I could predict the future!

+ Lt_Sokol on January 14th, 2013 at 4:20 pm said:

This is more like it! Great update Morgan, Darksiders is a fantastic game, pass it along to the team. This is the type of game I would love to see more often.

Here is a suggestion for next month: Castelvania: Lords of Shadow. In the similar league and just before the second game is released for those who skipped the original.

Keep up the good work, a little more attention for my PS Vita would be great. ;)

+ I-smily-l on January 14th, 2013 at 4:24 pm said:

@48 u don’t have psplus it expired look next to ur icon

+ NerdyJustin on January 14th, 2013 at 4:25 pm said:

Fanastic update! Thanks guys!

+ Heatseeker125 on January 14th, 2013 at 4:26 pm said:

I didn’t enjoy Darksiders because of its theme and setting so I won’t be re-activating my Plus this week but I’m happy to see another AAA PS3 retail game on US Plus. Keep it up!

+ Ellgars on January 14th, 2013 at 4:30 pm said:

Didnt know that we can get same games again :(

+ Jake_RPG on January 14th, 2013 at 4:30 pm said:

thats amazing,,i really wanted to try this game

Keep it up and u will rule

+ BG808s on January 14th, 2013 at 4:33 pm said:

For the first time in a long while I actually didn’t vote for ‘Nothing for me this week’, I voted for Darksiders because at least it’s a good game that a lot of people can enjoy, even if it’s only a dead THQ title that was already included in the latest THQ humble bundle for “free” as well, so not really a great value but at least it’s better than most of the junk we’ve been getting the past few months…

+ BlueBl1zzard on January 14th, 2013 at 4:33 pm said:

@Ecks Same happened to me but it renewed for 3 months. And I’m not 100% sure but I believe you can disable it under “Account Management”, “Transaction Management”, “Automatic Funding”.

Same for anyone else whose Plus subscription is almost expired.

+ Ikaros19 on January 14th, 2013 at 4:36 pm said:

already have darkside :/ i waiting for a free PSVITA Game!!
or sales change on PSVITA!!

+ Alnuk1 on January 14th, 2013 at 4:40 pm said:

318.- mnstrings the ps+ is only “worthy” for newcomers, for old psvita owners is useless since they already owned them, now put the lack of psp and psx tittles and yes is a total crap. If you love to beg all the week for a good game in the next update hoping that anyone hear you, thats fine enjoy it

But Yeah ps+ vita sucks

+ DavidFCG on January 14th, 2013 at 4:47 pm said:

Wow i was REALLY looking forward to this one. i thought darksiders already was PS+, i was afraid i might have missed out on it. Awesome, finally a great week for ps+, thank you T_T

+ goatamus on January 14th, 2013 at 5:04 pm said:

Playstation Plus is a beautiful thing. So many games for free, and many more at great discounts!
The only thing I dislike is the new PSN Store, it’s very laggy and disproportionate. I agree the old store needed an update, but I feel this is more of a downgrade than vice-versa.

But back on topic, PS Plus rocks! I’ve been waiting and hoping Darksiders would eventually become a part of the instant game collection, my wait is finally over. Thank you Sony for keeping my game on.

+ Farnezi_Eduardo on January 14th, 2013 at 5:05 pm said:

Plus rocks!
Period.

+ remanutd5 on January 14th, 2013 at 5:05 pm said:

Oh my god i second 281 comment, bring Heavenly Sword, Folklore to playstation plus!!!!!

+ mnstrings on January 14th, 2013 at 5:06 pm said:

@Alnuk1,

And that’s fine and dandy, don’t get it then. But to blindly say that its not worth it is asinine.

If you think its crap that’s your opinion (whomever off base it may be).

PS+ Vita is great! No complaints here, but I must admit, it does tickle my fancy to see people like you get all upset over it instead of being happy that it actually includes great games.

Newsflash, its not meant to appeal to only you, but anyone, new or old Vita owners and if you don’t like that then though! Feel free to throw more hissy fits, I’ll keep on loling at people like you.

+ Spiral-INfinity on January 14th, 2013 at 5:06 pm said:

I waited 2 years before getting Darksiders (too many games in back catalogue & being poor) finally picked it up for 14 bucks from Gamefly and now you guys decided to give it away…. of course.

+ MrPink78 on January 14th, 2013 at 5:13 pm said:

Nice! Looking forward to playing Darksiders tomorrow.

+ Noskills22 on January 14th, 2013 at 5:18 pm said:

This is why I like having PS+. I’d never purchase Darksiders, but I wouldn’t mind playing it. And now I can avoid the first and accomplish the second, thank you kindly.

+ badreligionbomb on January 14th, 2013 at 5:20 pm said:

I must be having the worst luck with + …. this is week 8 of nothing but games I already own :\

+ branant221 on January 14th, 2013 at 5:33 pm said:

Super great game. Glad more people can play it .

+ zabcdef123456 on January 14th, 2013 at 5:40 pm said:

Great update!I think this is the kinda updates plus members are looking for,I have to admit,Ive been on here whineing and sniveling too,but Ive got to give the sony team credit.Thanks boys….

+ Gadirok on January 14th, 2013 at 5:51 pm said:

This is awesome! I knew you guys would eventually bring this over, one of the games I really wanted to try!

Now all thats left is deus ex:HR and Motorstorm Apocalypse. Let the hype train chug away!

+ xShanghaiGAMERx on January 14th, 2013 at 5:53 pm said:

Even though i already own darksiders, i must say this is a really good update. Thanks sony! meanwhile, may i suggest resistance burning skies free for plus subscribers? Its reception was not really that good but i believe it would be a nice addition to the vita instant game collection.

+ Alnuk1 on January 14th, 2013 at 5:55 pm said:

@mnstring Newflash check psvita sales report even with 3 months free of ps+ or the psvita forum or this blog and than say that appeal to a lot of people.

Just becase sheeps like you love every screw up that sony makes doesnt mean that is good ,Proyected sales and polls are loling at people like you. Meeee

+ FilooGaroo on January 14th, 2013 at 5:59 pm said:

This Time I AM HAPPY !!!…. I could not complain this week….. Darsiders + i will buy Star Drone…

GREAT update…!

Quick question : Where i can buy Wireless Buzzers for Buzz! the game ? …

Seams to be totally not available in Canada…

PAGE 1 5 6 7 8 9 12