Destiny The Taken King

Jan 15

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Grace Chen on Jan 15, 2013 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

PS3 Full Games

DMC Devil May Cry ($59.99)
In a society corrupted by demons only The Order can see the world for what it really is. Join Dante in the ultimate experience of stylish action chain together combo after combo with panache and dispatch demonic spawn back to hell. Call upon unimaginable powers combined with Dante’s epic arsenal of weapons: sword, scythe, axe, pistols and more. Face your demons…
ESRB: M // File Size: 6.5 GB
Angry Birds Trilogy ($39.99)
Angry Birds is taking flight for the first time ever and crashing on PlayStation 3 systems everywhere! Includes: 3 Best-Selling Angry Birds games and 19 exclusive levels.
ESRB: E // File Size: 1.8 GB

PSP Games

Corpse Party: Book of Shadows ($19.99)
A series of eight lengthy vignettes expanding and elaborating on the 2011 cult horror classic “Corpse Party.” Taking place before, during and after events from its predecessor, Book of Shadows seeks to answer the questions, what if, what then, and what now? New point-and-click adventure style gameplay, binaural 3D audio with original Japanese voices, dozens of endings and tons of unlockable extras will keep players awake for many nights to come.
ESRB: M //File Size: 1.1 GB

PS Vita Apps

PlayStation Store Update 1-15-2013

Wake-Up Club (Free)
Add some excitement to your morning! Wake-up Club is a socially connected alarm clock application for your PS Vita. With it, you and up to 11 friends can challenge each other to wake up and complete short mini-games at a set time.
File Size: 105 MB

Added to Vita Storefront

• Corpse Party: Book of Shadows (PSP game)
  • Disney Pixar A Bug’s Life (PS1 game)
  • Disney Pixar Toy Story 2 (PS1 game)
  • Disney Pixar Toy Story Racer (PS1 game)
  • Disney Pixar Monsters Inc. Scream Team (PS1 game)

PSP Bundles

Farm Frenzy Bountiful Harvest Pack ($5.99)
Never before has this much farming fun been packed into a single bundle and at a price this low! Enjoy hours of hilarious time management action when you buy the Farm Frenzy Bountiful Harvest Pack!
ESRB: E //File Size: 82.6 MB
Montezuma Well-Rounded Player Bundle ($3.99)
The Well-Rounded Player bundle from Alawar Entertainment offers countless hours of entertainment! Collect gems in the jungle and then go platform-hopping around the world as you guide Snowy home!
ESRB: E //File Size: 57.2 MB

PS2 Classics

Siren ($9.99)
Explore the occult and experience incredible terror in the town of Hanuda.
ESRB: M //File Size: 4.3 GB
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness ($9.99)
The king of the Netherworld is dead. Join his son, Laharl, as he embarks on a quest to take his rightful place on the throne in this tactical RPG.
ESRB: E10+ //File Size: 1.2 GB

PlayStation Store Highlights

This week on the Store you can purchase the newest version of Devil May Cry — DmC. The ever-popular Angry Birds also launches onto the Store with Angry Birds Trilogy, which comes with 19 exclusive levels. If you enjoyed the PSP game Corpse Party you’ll be happy to hear that Corpse Party: Book of Shadows is now available for you to download on either your PSP or PS Vita.

PS Plus members will receive Darksiders for free this week along with a discount on Stardrone Extreme.

As always, please leave your thoughts in the comments below. You can also chat about this update in the PlayStation Community Forums.

PlayStation Plus

PlayStation Store Update 1-15-2013

Click here to learn more and purchase online or go to the PlayStation Store to activate instantly.

Instant Game Collection

Stardrone Extreme (50%) – PS Plus Price: $2.00

Last Chance (Leaving on 1/22)

Exclusive Beta – God of War Ascension
Free Add-On – NCAA Football 13: Recent Winners Pack
Discount – Eufloria
PS Vita Instant Game Collection – Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions

Price Change

• Dungeon Hunter Alliance – PS Vita Game (now: $26.99 original price: $29.99)
  • Lumines Electronic Symphony – PS Vita Game (now: $26.99 original price: $29.99)
  • Orgarhythm – PS Vita Game (now: $19.99 original price: $29.99)
  • Rayman Origins – PS Vita Game (now: $26.99 original price: $29.99)
  • Sumioni: Demon Arts – PS Vita Game (now: $14.99 original price: $19.99)

• Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter – PS Mini (now: $1.49 original price: $3.99)
  • Carnivores: Ice Age – PS Mini (now: $1.49 original price: $3.99)
  • Derrick the Deathfin – PS3 Game (now: $5.99 original price: $7.99)
  • Droplitz – PS3 Game (now: $4.99 original price: $9.99)

PS Vita Add-ons

Wake-Up Club
  • Color Theme Pack ($0.25)

PS3 Add-ons

Borderlands 2
  • Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt ($9.99, free for Season Pass holders) – In Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt, players will enter an uncharted territory deep in the swamps of Pandora where a massive Hyperion ship has crashed. The wreckage is rumored to have stockpiles of loot. But watch out, mutated creatures, and armies of savages also have an interest in the ship.
Dance Magic
  • Outfits 1 ($1.99) – Outfits and weapon sets for all characters.
Far Cry 3
  • Deluxe DLC Bundle ($9.99) – Get even more insanity with the Far Cry 3 Deluxe Bundle. Includes six single-player missions, four rare animals to hunt, a bow and flare gun for multiplayer, and all other previously released retail bonuses in The Monkey Business Pack, The Lost Expeditions, The Warrior Pack, and The Predator Pack.
  • High-Tides Co-Op (Free) – The co-op story is far from over. The High Tides DLC pack includes two new story chapters for Far Cry 3 co-op. Hoyt’s privateers have ambushed the four survivors and taken them hostage. It’s up to you and your friends to escape an underground prison and find a way off this island of insanity. Also includes four new character skins.
Gran Turismo 5
  • 2014 Corvette Stingray Final Prototype (Free) – This DLC adds the 2014 Corvette Stingray Final Prototype ’13 to ‘Gran Turismo 5’. In January 2013, the final prototype of the next generation Corvette was unveiled on the eve of the Detroit International Motor Show. With this car you can share in on the excitement of development engineers, until its actual production starts in the latter half of 2014.
Rock Band 3
  • A Bridge That Will Burn ($0.99) – Moving Picture Show
  • Don’t Talk to Strangers ($1.99) – Rick Springfield
  • Fragments ($1.99) – Serianna
  • Inheritors ($1.99) – Serianna
  • I’ve Done Everything For You ($1.99) – Rick Springfield
  • Jessie’s Girl ($1.99) – Rick Springfield
  • Monday Night Football ($1.99) – John Parr
  • The Distance ($0.99) – Drugstore Fanatics
  • Rick Springfield Pack 01 ($5.49) – Includes ‘Don’t Talk to Strangers,’ ‘I’ve Done Everything for You,’ and ‘Jessie’s Girl’
  • Alive ($2.99) – Pearl Jam
  • Cliffs of Dover ($2.99) – Eric Johnson
  • No Rain ($2.99) – Blind Melon
  • Pearl Jam Song Pack ($7.99) – Includes Play ‘Black’, ‘Jeremy’, and ‘Alive’

PS3 Themes

• Sound Shapes Player Blue Avatar $0.49
  • Sound Shapes Player Brown Avatar $0.49
  • Sound Shapes Record Player Avatar $0.49

Game Videos (Free)

• Battlefield 3: Aftermath Launch Trailer
  • Battlefield 3: Aftermath Premiere Trailer
  • Fuse Trailer ‘The Dalton Rules’
  • The Cave Character Trailer
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown – Slingshot Trailer

Available In-Game Only (Not on PlayStation Store)

NCAA Football 2013
  • Under Armor Uniform Pack 3 — ($1.99, $1.79 for EASST users)
Real Steel
  • Real Steel Trial: Zelezo Legs Lv.5 — $1.99
  • Real Steel Trial: Zelezo Lv.5 Full Parts Set — $9.99
Rock Band 3
  • I’ve Done Everything For You ($0.99) – Pro Guitar – Rick Springfield
  • Jessie’s Girl ($0.99) – Pro Guitar – Rick Springfield

PlayStation Store Update 01-15-13 Frequently Asked Questions

• I pre-ordered my copy of DMC, however, when I try to play it, it says that I need to renew my license. How do I fix?
    Due to a fix with allowing pre-order customers to get the bonus content, you may need to go back in the PlayStation Store and click ‘Download’ on the DMC game page. You don’t need to redownload if it’s already on your PS3. Just click the download button and that should ‘renew your license’.

PAGE 1 3 4 5

+ MX-Arekku on January 15th, 2013 at 3:47 pm said:

Corpse Party: Book of Shadows is the only thing I needed right now, man such a wonderful atmospheric experience.

Oh, and for the people blaming Rovio and/or Sony for the price of Angry Birds Trilogy:

1st. Sony has nothing to do with that game, either on the development side or publishing side.
2nd. Rovio is just the DEVELOPER not the PUBLISHER.
3rd. Activision is the publisher… Are you really surprised about the price? I mean, it’s Activision we are talking about here. If anything, I’m surprised it doesn’t cost 59.99

That is all.

+ Heat31 on January 15th, 2013 at 3:51 pm said:

I want to make you aware of a problem on the new store. Back when LBP (for PS3) was given away for free, I downloaded it. I have since bought a new PS3 and when I went to re-download it from my download list, it was there, labeled as a PS3 game, and it is labeled as a PS3 game on my XMB, but when I go to install it, is says I must connect a PSP. Can you have someone look into this issue?

+ novoalucard on January 15th, 2013 at 3:44 pm said:

Will Ni no kuni be available on PSN next Tuesday?

+ deamon34 on January 15th, 2013 at 3:45 pm said:

Really sucks to be a Vita only owner. Plus was good initially with good quality titles being free and on sale but I feel they should have been spread out a bit. I only signed on to plus for 3 months to try it out and I’m glad I only did 3 months, because the direction things are going it looks like I wont renew. I love the Vita and want it to succeed but it’s hard to recommend it the way things are, even with plus. More PSP, PSONE games on sale or added to the Vita storefront to bolster that library because it sorely needs it.

+ drGiggless on January 15th, 2013 at 3:51 pm said:

Oh nice we finally get a good game on PS+. This is the first game I’ve been interested in since Borderlands back in September.

+ Zilas on January 15th, 2013 at 3:52 pm said:

Oh come on!
After all this time waiting for the wake up club app you guys take out the japanese VO for the alarm. Why???

+ mnstrings on January 15th, 2013 at 4:24 pm said:

great update, no complaints here! (You’d be pretty dumb to think it was not a great update).

+ BlueBl1zzard on January 15th, 2013 at 4:25 pm said:

@ Heat31 Someone in another blog post was having the same problem but with a different game – Super Stardust HD. Deleting the game and redownloading it from their Download list under Account Management—>Transaction Management—-> Download history (don’t access it from the PS Store) worked for them. Maybe give it a go?

+ I_want_games on January 15th, 2013 at 4:26 pm said:

I would greatly appreciate more ps1 games for my vita.

+ a1_re4 on January 15th, 2013 at 4:27 pm said:

Please add DRAGON QUEST VIII (8) for PS2 Classics!!!

+ stefer09 on January 15th, 2013 at 4:29 pm said:

Getting 80710d23 error over and over and over again

+ Alnuk1 on January 15th, 2013 at 4:29 pm said:

No ps1 classics for the psvita
Im still waiting for legend of dragoon and others.
Just call it a failure already and stop wasting our time.

Sucks to be a customer of sony

+ EpicAmercian19 on January 15th, 2013 at 4:29 pm said:

How Do i fix the infamous 14% installing error never had the problem installing before the new PS store design it starting to make me angry please help

+ Superstone on January 15th, 2013 at 4:31 pm said:

How about some new PSone classics?

+ DuoMaxwell007 on January 15th, 2013 at 4:32 pm said:

@50 you do get a midnight release for PSN pre orders,.. i DLed DMC last night at midnight.. I also hear ppl say the case was the same for assassins creed 3.
As for other incentives…. no tax… I only paid 60 bucks for DMC as opposed to the 65.54 i woulda paid in gamesatop.. and if theres a ps+ discount on the game as well then ever better

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 15th, 2013 at 4:51 pm said:

We can definitely look at ways to see about getting information and awareness about midnight releases to everyone a bit better though; and we’re definitely looking at ways to offer good value to pre-order on the PS Store as well.

+ IroN_tuxer on January 15th, 2013 at 4:33 pm said:

Hey, Sony! I must remember you that PS Vita exists and must receive good updates, including PS+!

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 15th, 2013 at 4:52 pm said:

PS Plus updates for PS Vita will be coming later this month!

+ Malkzin on January 15th, 2013 at 4:39 pm said:

New PSP game for vita in next week?

Please Dissidia Final Fantasy 012 \o

+ nolo451 on January 15th, 2013 at 4:42 pm said:

@ Alnuk1,

This PS3/Vita customer is pretty content. :)

Might be a failure to you, but there is a community of Vita owners who are thrilled to own a vita, just check out as one example.

Not sure how people can be so disappointed with it, (especially with games like Persona 4) unless all you do is play it all day and have no life/job.

Maybe just sell it already? You are obviously not enjoying it, what;s the use complaining about every few days? Just call it “failure” and cut your losses.

+ duke301 on January 15th, 2013 at 4:45 pm said:

@87 I had that same problem my self about a month ago. On your XMB, go to PlayStation Network>Account Management>Transaction Management, then go into your download list and re-download it from there and it should work!
@105 Seconded!

+ purse317 on January 15th, 2013 at 4:50 pm said:

Now I didn’t know pre-orders were available at midnight PST. I will definitely put that to work on the next big digital release.

Just one more question. I know you guys don’t set content prices but perhaps if possible you should have some limitations. $39.99 for Angry Birds is a bit steep someone really should’ve had a chat with the publisher and try and influence the price.

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on January 15th, 2013 at 3:53 pm said:

seriously i got so many free game for the vita that im really considering to get one soon.
and im not talking about the ps+ ones.

1- i just got stardrone extreme for free since i bought stardrone for ps3 a long time ago.
2- jetpack joyride, a very addictive little game,
3- frobisher says! never tryied it i dont have a vita yet :)
4- MotorStorm RC, look very nice to play

if anyone can tell me if i buy the vita bundle with 1 years of ps+ do i need a credit card the same way i need a credit card for the 30 days redeem code trial? because if yes then i cant get that bundle, none of my credit cards is working on the store.

+ PhillyTheCat on January 15th, 2013 at 3:55 pm said:

Hi! Who would I need to write to in order to get Vita compatibility with the game Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain?
This is the only PS1 Classic title that I have purchased that is not available on the PSN Store nor transferable through CMA. Thanks in advance.

+ gohan16ken on January 15th, 2013 at 4:00 pm said:

When is the PlayStation web store will be open?

+ FRott on January 15th, 2013 at 4:02 pm said:

I don’t think I’m ever going to get used to this new Store. It’s just…just awful. It’s actually turned me away from playing on my PS3. If there’s a way you could check my time spent on PS3, you’d see a majority of that time spent on Netflix since the change.

The only reason I ever go there anymore is to pick up my PS+ games and my Season Pass stuff for Borderlands 2. I haven’t spent any money since the change. I’m sitting on a $20 PlayStation Network Card right now. I’ve had the thing since early December. The entire Store is just…bad.

+ Nazotchi on January 15th, 2013 at 4:03 pm said:

Corpse Party is just fantastic so far. Really hope to see more support for such visual novel/adventure type games in the future.

+ nolo451 on January 15th, 2013 at 4:05 pm said:

Just waiting for Sir Hammerlock’s DLC to finish downloading to give it a go, I really want to find some better loot than what I have right now. :)

Great update!

+ Big_John51 on January 15th, 2013 at 4:08 pm said:

Is there any word yet on Crash Bandicoot for the PS Vita? I know other countries were able to play it from downloading from the PlayStation store, so when will it be available for the US? I’ve been wanting the Bandicoot games ever since I bought my Vita almost a year ago.

+ MX-Arekku on January 15th, 2013 at 4:11 pm said:

As far as I know, you do need to input billing information to redeem the code that gives you one year of PS+. Maybe one of the blog managers can confirm?

And also, just to give you a little push,I have had my PS Vita since the japanese release and I can tell you that I dont even regret going to Japan just to get it on day one.

Gravity Rush, Persona 4 Golden, Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward, Little Big Planet PS Vita, and all the PSP titles, especially Corpse Party and its sequel (Book of Shadows) are just some examples of the games that you can enjoy on the Vita.

I really hope someone from Sony can answer your question directly.

+ KurokoGTS on January 15th, 2013 at 4:16 pm said:

See you next week!! XDD

+ LordZwan on January 15th, 2013 at 4:18 pm said:

Ok, Great presentation of the update… Nice addings (ps2 and psone), nice addons! But I’m scared, leaving Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions? and what is coming?…

oh, and Angry Birds, 40 bucks? mmmmm Like we said in my local address: “Ahora si le cayo mi__da al abanico!” (now the s__t dropped into the fan)

Nice updated… But not perfect! Keep trying :D

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on January 15th, 2013 at 4:19 pm said:

thank you very much for your answer! im pretty sure you are right about the billing info to redeem the code so i’ll just get a bundle with black ops or assassins creed (if i can find a black bundle i dont want a white vita) ;)
and yeah all the games in my download list for the vita with ps+ is just more and more HUGE, i really have to buy a vita :) and one of thoses super expensive 32gb memory card :)), or wait a bit to see if a sale happen~

+ felipeUmbra on January 15th, 2013 at 4:23 pm said:

Dear Sony,ask to people at Square-Enix where are Lord of Apocalypse, Final Fantasy Type 0, I know the first one wasn’t a success but we just have Ragnarok and…it’s not my choice, but the second is a great title that we need here in west.

PAGE 1 3 4 5