PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PSN Maintenance Scheduled for Thursday, January 17th

Matthew Harper's Avatar + Posted by Matthew Harper on Jan 15, 2013 // Sr. Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Hi everyone! 2013 is off to a roaring start here on PSN, with tons of great games and promotions for PlayStation gamers, from the God of War: Ascension Multiplayer Beta for PlayStation Plus users, to the recent digital release of PS3 favorite Demon’s Souls, to pre-orders going live for the digital version of Dead Space 3.

In order to continue bringing you the best online games experience on PSN, we will perform routine maintenance beginning the morning of Thursday, January 17th. This maintenance will start at approximately 8:00AM PT (9:00AM MT / 10:00AM CT / 11:00 AM ET) and last until around 8:00PM PT (9:00PM MT / 10:00PM CT / 11:00PM ET). During the maintenance period, you may receive a maintenance notification when attempting to access PSN.

The PlayStation Store and Account Management will not be available during the maintenance period, but you will be able to access online play and apps provided that you have signed into PlayStation Network at some point between now and the time of the maintenance. So please be sure to sign in now if you wish to access the Network during Thursday’s maintenance window.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we thank you for your support.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on January 15th, 2013 at 12:44 pm said:

@ Painkiller360 – jailbroken, I don’t know much about jailbroken but I am aware if they are jailbroken, the mod is an old update modified which wouldnt be the current update so they wouldn’t be able to sign in. Unless they found the way to bypass that, last time I did research on it was a few years ago but I assume they aren’t jailbroken.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on January 15th, 2013 at 12:49 pm said:

@liledawg haha that’s funny, I went back to check it, I missed that typo reading it the first time.

+ lisatsunami on January 15th, 2013 at 1:17 pm said:

Thanks for the notification.

And Airbake, I have been using the same YouTube app since release and I’m not having problems and it’s never crashed my PS3. Only Skyrim does that with any regularity. I sometimes have the buffering problem so I go check my wi fi connection in the XMB and every time it’s because my speed dropped to less than 60%. Somebody must be stealing my cable!

Also, the store is slow to load since it’s an app, as Grace explained, but I have never had it become slower every minute. I do agree the organization method leaves much to be desired since it’s now harder to find things.

+ The_Dukenator on January 15th, 2013 at 1:27 pm said:

@53 Get a range extender for wireless. You have N or G router?

@51 Jailbroken means modified firmware, which is against policy.

+ akibake on January 15th, 2013 at 1:38 pm said:

@Paul Sullivan
Thanks for addressing my issue, Paul. I just tried again, downloading the Super Stardust HD game install from my Download List on the PSN store and letting the game auto-install. When I close the store, I find what appears to be an uninstalled PSP install file, in my XMB. It’s listed as “Super Stardust HD Full Game”, but clicking on it brings up a dialog about installing on a PSP. I have screenshots on Flickr, showing the install bubble in my XMB and the dialog it brings up, if I click on it. Can you PM me, so I can send you the guest link to the photos? Also, in my download list, it says I purchased the game in June of 2011, which sounds correct to me. Why then is it delivering a PSP game install, instead of the actual PS3 version? That is the core of the problem.

Matthew Harper's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on January 15th, 2013 at 1:47 pm said:

Go to the download list in the XMB, *not* the store. You’ll get a different result.

I do know exactly what you’re talking about though. I tried it going through the Store and got that issue as well.

But instead of accessing your download list through the Store, do it through the XMB.

PSN > Account Management > Transaction Management > Download List

Try downloading the game from there, it should work for you.

+ Zerocaps on January 15th, 2013 at 2:11 pm said:

Just fix how bad the store runs. Its embarrassing.

+ akibake on January 15th, 2013 at 2:18 pm said:

@Paul Sullivan
[scrolls through 491 downloaded files, click, install, play…]

You, Paul Sullivan… are the man, and I’ll sing your praises! It worked.

I actually didn’t know there was a Download List under the Account Management menu. I wish I had. It would have streamlined the process of reinstalling all of my downloads, when my original PS3 finally bit the dust. I had been downloading everything from the Download List within the PSN store, but clearly, the one on the XMB is the best solution. Thank you SO much. Who knows what is wrong with the Super Stardust HD link, in the PSN store, but I hope it gets resolved soon, so new players can buy and enjoy the game. It’s worth it!

+ ashtiany22 on January 15th, 2013 at 2:34 pm said:

so when is the next system update patch just asking because i like being up to date on thing ;)

+ akibake on January 15th, 2013 at 3:02 pm said:

@lisatsunami
Thanks for responding, lisatsunami. Unfortunately, I’ve redownloaded and updated the YouTube app, and tried it again just a moment ago, and it still seems to not stream for me. When the YouTube app originally was released, it worked fine. Now, when I go to stream a video, the player pops up, but it shows 0:00 progress on a 0:00 long video. It never seems to buffer and stream. Finally after 30 seconds or so, it gives up and returns to the main YouTube screen. It IS pulling in new content, because the videos on the main screen are updated. Crashing takes place when I try to quit the app, while it’s unsuccessfully streaming a video and hanging. I’ve found that letting the video time out is the way to avoid it crashing my PS3. Others have had this same experience, so something is definitely wrong. It’s great that it works for you. What model of PS3 do you have? I never had a problem on my original fat PS3. I’ve had an issue since I reinstalled the YouTube app on my new skinny model. I’ve tried deleting the app and my save data a couple times, but each time I get the same streaming failure.

+ akibake on January 15th, 2013 at 3:03 pm said:

@lisatsunami
Just to be specific, I have no issues playing YouTube on my computer or on my Vita, using exactly the same YouTube account. The beauty of the PS3 though is big screen YouTube on the TV. I wish I could get it working there again.

+ yungstarthakid on January 15th, 2013 at 3:26 pm said:

will we be able to download nuketown zombies on thursday for us that got the season pass?

+ CalebStarK on January 15th, 2013 at 3:28 pm said:

Will the playstation all stars battle royal DLC be released after the maintenance?

+ saab01 on January 15th, 2013 at 3:48 pm said:

i hope this means a new firmware is being worked on. After the latest system update every time you click on trophy collection you get a message saying trophy sync in progress please wait. If no new trophys were earned why would this message come up ??? I hope this is being looked into to fix since it wasn’t like this in the past.

+ liledawg on January 15th, 2013 at 3:57 pm said:

I was singing, Can’t take My Eyes Off You” by Andy Williams.

+ BlueBl1zzard on January 15th, 2013 at 4:17 pm said:

@lisatsunami I can’t help you with your Youtube problem, but I have a suggestion about your Skyrim one. Have you tried deleting and reinstalling your Skyrim Game Data (not Save Data)? My PS3 would freeze literally everytime I touched water in that game, but after deleting and reinstalling the game data, I could swim/drown to my heart’s content!

+ lilk1534 on January 15th, 2013 at 4:32 pm said:

so if I sign in right now ill be good for thursday

+ SHOCK_TM_SPADEZ on January 15th, 2013 at 4:46 pm said:

what is the PSN Maintenance is for is it a updat or what

+ twin_jester on January 15th, 2013 at 4:58 pm said:

cant tell if my router broke or the server is off today because i try to log in and it either says ive been signed out of psn or it doesnt say anything at all

+ Nin10gamer on January 15th, 2013 at 5:43 pm said:

My question is how will this maintenance be affecting the scheduled release of nuketown zombies for the ps3 as it is scheduled to be coming out for download on Thursday?

+ Transfromers10 on January 15th, 2013 at 9:23 pm said:

enough with scams!

+ destruction1983 on January 15th, 2013 at 9:42 pm said:

u guys take your time make playstation network better

+ LAVOS55 on January 16th, 2013 at 1:41 am said:

I noticed that the Tales of Graces f DLC does not have its own page anymore. the only means of getting to it is a search but only brings up a list with no title for each of the items available. Just figured I’d give ya a heads up.

+ LAVOS55 on January 16th, 2013 at 1:44 am said:

Also I hope the Vita store gets an overhaul soon, it would be nice to to t the dlc for my psp games to efficiently.

+ uMAD_captain on January 16th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

i remembered when psn went down i don’t want that to happen again

+ BeyondESP on January 16th, 2013 at 11:30 am said:

How will this affect the Vita? does it matter that I sign into PSN with my VITA ? what if i have 2 PS3’s (fat and slim). do i have to sign in with both before the maintenance window starts? or just one?

Can you guys confirm anything about the White PS3? i just got my old 60gb PS3 repaired and was looking to backup / replace with a newer model.

+ BeyondESP on January 16th, 2013 at 11:32 am said:

Also, an FYI, i’ve noticed the PSN store ran a lot smoother on my old PS3 fat (before it YLOD and after i got it fixed) compared to the slim.

+ lisatsunami on January 16th, 2013 at 3:30 pm said:

Hey, Dukenator, I thought about getting a range extender, or a whole new router. My Cisco is 3 yrs old.

Akibake, I have my YT app on my 160 slim, upgraded to 500 gig. I also have it on my little Vita but I’m with you, I prefer things on my giant Bravia HX929.

Blue blizzard, I gave up Skyrim about 9 or 10 months ago after the plat, my first plat ever. It was a glitchy game but I struggled on until the plat. I play it on the X now, just so I can use voice command and all DLC.

Did anybody else notice we got an unannounced store software update yesterday? Seemed to run a bit quicker after that.

+ BlueBl1zzard on January 16th, 2013 at 4:02 pm said:

@lisatsunami I gave up on Skyrim after I beat the main storyline lol. i just haven’t the motivation (or time) to go back and platinum it, plus my backlog keeps growing. Congrats though, and hopefully many more platinums for you!

+ Dazani13 on January 16th, 2013 at 4:20 pm said:

So i cant get in Playstation store at 6:00Pm? please help i need it for the black ops 2 season pass nuketown zombies if somebody can help i would appreciate it so much

+ BlueBl1zzard on January 16th, 2013 at 4:23 pm said:

@Dazani13 Well it depends on your time zone, but the short answer is most likely no, you will not be able to access the PS store. You may just have to end up waiting until later that night (depending on where you live) or the next day.

+ heathermyralynn2 on January 16th, 2013 at 5:15 pm said:

i hope with this maintenance there will be some updates to like more free games for playststion plus members
more things that ps vita sould be able to to with the ps3 system mor free ps vita games .
ps3 wont take so long to load games and movis and anything eles add email app to ps3 system make all ps2 games playable for ps3 and ps vita system plus make all psp games playable for the ps vita and ps3 system it would be way cooler some of like our od game but would loke to play them on the big screen sometimes like mortal kombat unchained downloaded it to the ps vita but would love to play on my ps3 system to also really make all ps3 game playable on the ps vita system .thank you sony

+ heathermyralynn2 on January 16th, 2013 at 5:17 pm said:

wrong word its should

+ xvDjvx on January 16th, 2013 at 5:54 pm said:

Can there be any Call of Duty Avatars that are added for free?Or Dj avatars? xD

+ kripperrr on January 17th, 2013 at 2:05 am said:

@Paul Sullivan Aww C’mon ! You have told us that we were going to be able to sign in during this maintenance if we signed in any time before the time now and the maintenance, and so did, but guess what? IT KEEPS ME GIVING THIS MAINTENANCE NOTIFICATION over and over again! it won’t let me sign in. So what do you all think about this? Anybody is able to log in? Any suggestions please?

+ kripperrr on January 17th, 2013 at 2:36 am said:

Hooraay! I finally managed to login after like 10 tries. Problem solved! ^.^

+ cube50 on January 17th, 2013 at 4:14 am said:

Will the maintenance effect downloading new addons like Nuketown Zombies?

+ Bottom9th on January 17th, 2013 at 5:52 am said:

So much for being “good to go” once we signed in. I keep getting signed out of PSN on my PS3. When I do finally sign in it lasts 2 minutes tops before it kicks me back off again. No problems on my VITA though.

+ AntZilla83 on January 17th, 2013 at 6:08 am said:

So….no info on the NukeTown Zombies? You know it’s bad enough Xbox gets it more then a month before PS users and that being a PS Plus member has no effect on our release date. Now your going to deny us access to the store on the day it is finally supposed to be releaseed? If you care about your customers at all, please put it in before the store closes.

Sincerely,
Possible Future Xbox User..

+ Bottom9th on January 17th, 2013 at 6:39 am said:

Being a PS+ member doesn’t make you a god. SONY has no control over that later release date due to Activision’s agreement with Microsoft. Also, if you want to pay $60 a year for less than what SONY offers for free, go for it.

Sincerely,
Never Will Be An XBOX User.

+ The_Dukenator on January 17th, 2013 at 7:08 am said:

@89 Xbox isn’t just about online play, same with PS3.

@88 Exclusivity deals. But drop it.

+ MilwaukeEBuckz on January 17th, 2013 at 7:27 am said:

dlc for nuketown zombies release date is today too?if so what time ? its 9:23 1-17-13 and im ready furthermore im a seasonpass holder i thought id get it when i bought pass? so what hold up?

+ kazi2ghost on January 17th, 2013 at 8:44 am said:

everyone who is waiting on nuketown zombie give sony and treyarc around of applause for butt raping there customers cuz now we gotta wait 10+ to download this map thanks sony and treyarc you ruined my day *cheers*

+ BigTINK21 on January 17th, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

Does this have anything to do with the Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Season Pass being available to PS3 users? It’s a shame if it is, you have people looking forward to this day, buying the season pass either the day before or the day of, in anticipation of playing the new maps. Then when the 17th rolls around, you have maintenance on the PSN from 11am-11pm… What kind of BS is this? We bought the Season Pass to have the exclusive first look and first opportunity to play the new maps.. Waitin’ on you guys….

+ BigTINK21 on January 17th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

HEY EVERYONE, PSN GETS THE SEASON PASS FOR BLACK OPS 2 ON 1/17/13… Wait….. just kidding, we’ll say that’s the date it will be released then we’ll put a 12 hour maintenance on the PSN store, not making it available until the next day ;) You guys are absolute pricks. In no circumstance should you ever make it public knowledge of a release date, then schedule something that deters the release date entirely. Can you guys honestly tell us that your timing was perfect? Why are you giving a big “F You” to all of your COD fans? We aren’t naive, you cannot get away with false advertisement. I’ve read for months now “January 17th” would be the release date… today’s the day.. and apparently I woke up to not being able to play it today…. great job PSN!!!!!!! 2 thumbs way up!!!!

+ Sorral on January 17th, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

I normally don’t post, but regarding this… I can’t sign in at all right now even though I was on earlier at 4AM and the past few days.

+ FieryCaptain on January 17th, 2013 at 11:06 am said:

I can’t login either. I was on last night till 2am…

+ MAYZEY2000 on January 17th, 2013 at 1:08 pm said:

Come On Hurry Up But When Will It Finish For Great Britain

+ YungShep on January 17th, 2013 at 6:29 pm said:

so much for that “flag” i was logged in all day yesterday, now i tried to get in i couldnt even sign in..

as long as your fixing the issue where im losing psn games i paid for, i dont mind being given mislead information about a single sign in to maintain online accessibility for maintenance purposes

+ DARK_RITUAL_US on January 17th, 2013 at 7:26 pm said:

Lol maintenance got extended to tomorrow.

+ eldrgod1 on January 17th, 2013 at 8:06 pm said:

Damn it my PS3 harddrive corrupted and now i can’t download my add on content…hopefully this “maintenance” will end soon.