LittleBigPlanet 3

New PlayStation All-Stars Join the Battle February 12th, Free for Two Weeks

Daniel Maniago's Avatar + Posted by Daniel Maniago on Jan 17, 2013 // Community Manager, SuperBot Entertainment

PlayStation All-Stars: Kat

Yo! I’m excited to finally announce that our first wave of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale DLC will be available February 12th. Here’s what to expect.

Kat graces PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale with her presence, as an up-close melee fighter who utilizes her ability to manipulate gravity to turn the tide in battle. Players who enjoyed Gravity Rush on PS Vita know that Kat loves to bend gravity to allow her to dash, slide, and fly from one place to another, and her All-Stars incarnation is no exception. Those who enjoy AP burst combos and varied mobility will definitely gravitate towards Kat.

Emmett Graves from Starhawk joins the fray! He brings his signature “Build & Battle” style from Starhawk, calling down different structures to aid him in battle, including Rift Extractors for AP and Flak Turrets that fire at will. Aside from his default rifle and pistol, Emmett can also call for additional weaponry in the form of shotgun and rocket launcher loadouts, allowing him to adapt to any situation. These loadouts will also change his level 1 super, giving him a total of five supers to choose from!

PlayStation All-Stars: Emmett

Rest assured that these DLC characters will be getting the same treatment the rest of our cast was given, including updated official website pages with moves and bios, alternate costumes, Arcade Mode cutscenes, Trial Modes, and more.

Our newest level, Fearless — a mash-up between Heavenly Sword and Wipeout — will also be available to purchase in February. Please note that purchasing Fearless will allow you to select the stage offline and in non-ranked lobbies, while those who choose not to purchase it can still enjoy it in ranked games online.

Kat and Emmett will be available to download February 12th, and will be free for the first two weeks, so mark your calendar and get them as soon as possible! We’re not stopping there though. We still have some more All-Stars on the way, so keep your eyes peeled in March for more info!

117 Comments

+ ishralene09 on January 20th, 2013 at 7:03 am said:

Also please negotiate with Activision so you can use Crash and Spyro.

+ saab01 on January 20th, 2013 at 7:46 am said:

Excited for this DLC. Cant wait for it to be available.

+ One_Shotkill44 on January 20th, 2013 at 11:52 am said:

Im gonna main Emmett, he looks freaking awsome!!!

+ SocialClimber_85 on January 20th, 2013 at 3:11 pm said:

Will they come with costume changes and unlockable minions?
More importantly will they have story and trophies?
I would love Kat in her School Girl costume although she’d look adorable in any of her selections. I’m going to assume that if she is given a level 10 unlock able costume it’ll be the catsuit..

+ chayandiaz on January 20th, 2013 at 4:57 pm said:

This is Awesome but I’m Hoping to see:
Scorpion – Mortal Kombat
Ryu Haibusa – Ninja Gaided
Snake – Metal Gear
Goku – Dragon Ball

And for future PS All-Stars games an actual story mode not just and arcade mode

+ creeper43 on January 20th, 2013 at 9:09 pm said:

@ 47- mortal kombat
– spyro
now nuff sed

@ 55- i agree COMPLETELY

+ creeper43 on January 20th, 2013 at 9:09 pm said:

@ 55 i meant about the arcade mode

+ creeper43 on January 20th, 2013 at 9:12 pm said:

im gunna main kat and have her @ 999 with 3 weeks. (PROMISE!)

+ Netherwolf6100 on January 21st, 2013 at 5:07 am said:

I can’t wait to download and play as these characters and I seriously hope they’re for free for the Vita version as well. I hope they don’t do what they did with the costume pack where I had the code for the alternate costumes yet it couldn’t be downloaded with the Vita and I had to buy the entire pack again just to use them. That was kinda a low blow.

+ Sonich4b on January 21st, 2013 at 7:25 am said:

Will they be added to the intro as well? And can we get a hint to the others, if you’ve decided who they’re gonna be?

+ BALBINO1592 on January 21st, 2013 at 10:50 am said:

I bought my PS Vita just a few days ago but i own PS All-Stars since last year and I was able to sync the save on PS3 and PS Vita but I couldn’t sync the trophies! Is it happening to everyone?

+ kironohasama on January 22nd, 2013 at 2:22 pm said:

Now what i wonders is if you download the characters while they’re free, do you have to pay for them after the 2 weeks to continue using them?

+ GENERAL421 on January 23rd, 2013 at 7:34 pm said:

Oh yea thats cool 2 new characters but umm you forgot someone CRASH BANDICOOT!!!! He should have been a default character. And if I remember correctly he was PlayStations 1st Star!!

+ WolfBoy1248 on January 23rd, 2013 at 8:40 pm said:

What would be awesome if they added Sora from the second kingdom hearts so he can have two key blades

+ awhoowhoo2 on January 24th, 2013 at 4:30 am said:

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale is good, but if Crash bandicoot made it in this will be a perfect game

+ B1G_B0SS666 on January 24th, 2013 at 7:10 pm said:

Sweet right on my birthday

+ Xx-Phoenix92-xX on January 29th, 2013 at 12:55 am said:

I’ve saw in a couple posts about the DLC that people want Cloud. I’ll get a lot of hate for this, but please… Do NOT add Cloud… If you want a FF character, there’s plenty of others to choose from :/
I can’t stress this enough… Please, don’t ever add Cloud…

+ iFat23 on January 30th, 2013 at 1:59 am said:

Wait so when you download the new patch on feb 12 for Kat and Emmett you can have them forever or only for 2 weeks?

+ AwEsoMeMonKeYboY on January 30th, 2013 at 4:21 am said:

Lara Croft from Tomb Raider

Raziel from The Soul Reaver

Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid

Dante Alighieri from Dante’s Inferno

Kyo Kusanagi from The King Of Fighters

Ryu from Street Fighter

Asura from Asura Wrath

Hawk Manson from Fighting Force

Adam Jensen from Deus Ex:Human Revolution

Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy 7

Serge from Chrono Cross

Sora from Kingdom Hearts

+ marqitos305 on January 30th, 2013 at 9:30 am said:

please put Altair from assassin’s creed in the game please!!!!! that would be awesome!!! or batman from arkham asylum/city

+ marqitos305 on January 30th, 2013 at 10:04 am said:

or Ezio Auditore. putting Connor would be cool but Ezio or Altair would be even better. also Rayman or anyone @AwEsoMeMonKeYboY mentioned would be good characters to add.

+ Bacon_Boy101 on January 30th, 2013 at 2:21 pm said:

Hi, SuperBot Entertainment! First of all, I just ant to say thank you for the wonderful game. Lastly, I just want to recommend –possibly– make a robot character. You know, since you’re SuperBot Entertainment… So yeah, just a recommendation.

+ Digitalvita8438 on January 30th, 2013 at 3:07 pm said:

Hi
i love the new dlc about kat and emmet grave
and the fearless stage dlc
i think you guys did a very great job for this game
and you guys must have work very extremely hard to create a cool game
Someday I want to work for PlayStation
cause PlayStation has been a cool,awesome,international,exciting,smart company that had made more than 750
games
Playstation All Stars Battle Royale has been my favourite
So i am just a fan
i am just encouraging you guys
also a fan of sly cooper
Bye

a r
r e
s l

b t
at

+ Ferrera_P8 on January 31st, 2013 at 4:51 pm said:

they should put Alex Mercer from prototype and the original dante from devil may cry 3 (would be awesome ) with his brother virgil to (the original virgil) that would be really cool

+ shelbster8 on February 4th, 2013 at 2:40 pm said:

Listen people, the reason they didn’t put Spyro The Dragon or Crash Bandicoot in the game is because they aren’t allowed to!
Activision currently holds the rights to both icons. Sony couldn’t get the approval from them, mainly because if they did put classic Spyro and Crash in the game, people would start thinking that Activision is remaking classic Spyro. So don’t get mad at them. Instead, currently bug Activision and continue asking them to give them permission.

+ lildavidwalls on February 5th, 2013 at 7:31 pm said:

Xx-Phoenix92-xX thats nice lol
But I really want cloud in their!!! cloud strife all the way.

+ Junoh315 on February 5th, 2013 at 9:31 pm said:

Until Dart from Legend of Dragoon appears, I’m not sure that I’ll buy it. I would love to kick ass as my favorite character of all time and since it was a PS1 exclusive it shouldn’t be that hard to do. Also, PLEASE MAKE A SEQUEL TO LoD! :D I know that’s not going to happen though.

I know that it’s probably asking for too much but I am hoping that they bring back some of the classic characters that built the Playstation into what it is today. Crash Bandicoot really would be a good choice along with Abe from Abe’s Odyssey or maybe the Stranger.

The main reason why I want Dart is because he is probably the most suitable character for a fighting game. The level one special could be a quick change into his Dragoon form and him using the Explosion spell. Level two could be an extended Dragon Spirit change letting you fly around for a while and use a couple of spells. Lastly, the level three special should enable you to use the Divine Dragon Spirit and wreak havoc with the Divine Dragon Cannon.

+ art-cloud on February 6th, 2013 at 2:36 am said:

Awesome that these character will be free for download. Kinda lame though that the stage of Heavenly Sword and WipEout isn’t free while Sony previously mentioned that it was. Can’t complain to much though for getting free stuff after all. :)

+ AkatsukiGaara57 on February 6th, 2013 at 7:36 pm said:

I have a few request although i know its unlikely but is there a slight possibility classic dante can be added as a new character (not a costume for new dante) and hoping for crash and Spyro i grew up with them ever since ps1

+ Forte_Cannon on February 9th, 2013 at 2:20 pm said:

Are these guys gonna be free for keeps or are they just gonna be a trial until the two weeks are over?

+ klassennoah on February 9th, 2013 at 4:37 pm said:

Wait So Is It Free Like A Demo For Two Weeks Then You Got To Pay For Them To Have Them Forever

+ heavox on February 10th, 2013 at 11:38 am said:

if you had the game pre-ordered will you get pre order costumes for them?

+ kimsuhwan on February 11th, 2013 at 8:19 pm said:

wait so by free for two weeks do they mean you get to have these characters free for two weeks or you have two weeks to get these characters free?

+ TWOSHOES50 on February 12th, 2013 at 4:14 am said:

where are the DLCs AT I Don’t See Them on Playstaion Store and today is the 12th????

+ JamalVita_91 on February 12th, 2013 at 6:38 am said:

@83 And @85: They Mean That For The First TWO WEEKS They’ll Be Free. After The Two Weeks Are Up, Then You’ll Probably Have To Pay For Them Or Something Like That. It Should Be Obvious What They Mean Guys….

+ RedFury-_ on February 12th, 2013 at 7:13 am said:

I dont see them on playstation store either

+ clashofgod on February 12th, 2013 at 7:24 am said:

no dlc in sight yet! where are they

+ Raischenzo on February 12th, 2013 at 7:33 am said:

Its the 12th and no dlc in sight, waiting patiently….for kat.

+ clashofgod on February 12th, 2013 at 7:41 am said:

I’ve look at midnight but I held no hope to saw them but it’s almost 11:00 am and still no luck oh well I’ll continu playing darksiders 2 then

+ Raischenzo on February 12th, 2013 at 7:44 am said:

hopefully they get up there by the next hour

+ Aliens37 on February 12th, 2013 at 7:59 am said:

Is the DLC still coming out today? I’ve been counting down the days to download it but I don’t see it on the PS Store. I’m in North America and it’s the 12th…

+ Raischenzo on February 12th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

yea its supposed to. Maybe they release it later on today.

+ Trilljacker654 on February 12th, 2013 at 8:48 am said:

Does anyone know a time when they will be release

+ Leon-ZX on February 12th, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

Just waiting for the day I’ll get to see Sora from Kingdom Hearts or Cloud from FFVII in this game!

+ gamefox12901 on February 12th, 2013 at 9:14 am said:

It’s Febraury 12th Where’s the DLC for All stars COME LET’S GO!!!!!!!

+ RedFury-_ on February 12th, 2013 at 10:39 am said:

Finally! But why is there a lock on them?

+ RedFury-_ on February 12th, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

It says press x to unlock and when i press it says no content was found

+ RedFury-_ on February 12th, 2013 at 10:46 am said:

Am i the only one with this problem!?