Until Dawn

Jan 18

Skyrim Add-Ons Land on PS3 in February, 50% off for One Week

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar Posted by Matt Grandstaff on Jan 18, 2013 // Global Community Lead, Bethesda Softworks

Today we’re excited to announce that, next month, we’ll be releasing all of Skyrim’s add-on content on PlayStation Store. The 1.8 title update will also release just prior to the launch of Dragonborn. We’ll keep you posted as release dates get finalized both on our end and with Sony for each and its various languages. Last but not least, each add-on will be 50% off during its launch week on PSN.

Ready to learn more about the content you’ll be playing? Here’s a quick overview:

Skyrim: Dragonborn

In Dragonborn, you’ll journey off the coast of Morrowind, to the island of Solstheim. Encounter new towns, dungeons, and quests, as you traverse the ash wastes and glacial valleys of this new land. Become more powerful with shouts that bend the will of your enemies, and even tame dragons. Your fate, and the fate of Solstheim, hangs in the balance as you face off against your deadliest adversary – the first Dragonborn.

• Explore Beyond Skyrim – Leave the province of Skyrim and travel to the coastal island of Solstheim. Encounter the Dark Elven settlers of Raven Rock and the native Skaal, as you unravel the mystery of a Dragonborn’s return.
  • Become the Ultimate Dragonborn – Harness the power of the Voice as you face off against the first Dragonborn. Wield new shouts and spells including Dragon Aspect – allowing you to summon the inner power of a dragon to deliver colossal blows and strengthen other shouts.
  • New Powers – Discover dark powers as you journey into a new Daedric realm. Collect books of forbidden knowledge and choose new paths for your skills and abilities.
  • New dungeons, creatures, weapons, and more – Suit up in Bonemold and Chitin armors and wield Stalhrim weapons as you navigate through a myriad of dungeons. Battle formidable foes like Ash Spawn, Rieklings, and more.

Skyrim: Hearthfire

In Hearthfire, you can purchase land and build your own home from the ground up – from a simple one-room cottage to a sprawling compound complete with an armory, alchemy laboratory, stable, garden, and more. Use all-new tools like the drafting table and carpenter’s workbench to transform quarried stone, clay, and sawn logs into structures and furnishings. Even transform your house into a home by adopting children.

• Choose Your Land – Choose from property in the salt marshes of Hjaalmarch, the forests of Falkreath, or the vast tundra of The Pale. For the more ambitious landowner, purchase multiple plots and start building a real estate empire.
  • Customize Your Home – Expand your home with a variety of room combinations including an armory, alchemy tower, kitchen, trophy room and more. Grow plants in your new greenhouse, cultivate slaughterfish in the fish hatchery, house your Arcane Enchanter in the enchanting tower, or display your latest conquest in the trophy room. Add additional features like stables, mills, smelters, gardens and more.
  • New Objectives and Interactions – Guard your home from unwanted visitors like marauding kidnappers, armed bandits, and skeever infestations. Turn almost any follower into your personal steward to improve and protect your home. Or if you require more help, hire a personal bard or carriage driver to ease the burdens of home ownership.
  • Adoption – Transform your house into a home with Hearthfire’s all-new adoption system. Adopt children and discover new ways to interact with your family. Play games with the kids, allow them to have pets and gain new bonuses from having a family.

Skyrim: Dawnguard

In Dawnguard, you’ll face the Vampire Lord Harkon, who has returned to power. By using the Elder Scrolls, he seeks to do the unthinkable — end the sun itself. Will you join the ancient order of the Dawnguard and stop him? Or will you become a Vampire Lord yourself? Featuring an all new faction questline and locations, the ultimate choice will be yours.

• New Weapons, Armor, Spells and Shouts – Join the Dawnguard and wield all new crossbows and craft your own arrows, bolts, and Dragonbone weapons. Use new weapons, armor, spells and shouts, including the Soul Tear shout – that rips the souls from your enemies and turns them into your minions.
  • Become a Vampire Lord – Side with the vampires and become a Vampire Lord yourself. Hover across the ground, turn yourself into bats, levitate your enemies as you drain their life, and more. The Vampire Lord features its own upgradable perk system.
  • Werewolf Perks added – Playing as a werewolf now has its own upgradable perk system including Bestial Strength, Animal Vigor, and Savage Feeding.
  • New Locations and Creatures – Choose from two new fortresses to upgrade and call home, Castle Volkihar or Fort Dawnguard. Discover lost valleys and travel to a new realm of Oblivion, the Soul Cairn. Battle new creatures including Death Hounds, Gargoyles, Armored Trolls, and all new vampires and dragons.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Sponge-worthy on January 19th, 2013 at 9:34 pm said:

How quickly we forget.

Ever since Fallout 3, every title and DLC release that Bethesda has published for the PS3 has been very buggy at best, if not outright broken. What could possibly lead us to believe that these new DLCs will be any different?

If anything, the week-long 50% sale just confirms that very fact: compel the gamer to abandon due dilligence (wait to see what others’ experiences are, read reviews, engage in forums to make an informed purchasing decision) and make an impulse buy. Because, even if one is only on the fence where Skyrim is concerned, it’s hard to say ‘no’ to half-off.

Seems to me this 50% off sale is little more than the proverbial hook to maximize sales before anyone is the wiser as to the actual quality of that content.

No thank you.

+ joaryche on January 19th, 2013 at 9:49 pm said:

any further discount for plus members?

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar

+ Matt Grandstaff on January 20th, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

There’s no current plans for a PlayStation Plus bonus.

+ MickeyWard09 on January 19th, 2013 at 10:38 pm said:

Not that it has anything to do with Skyrim, but I completely agree with DragonIrons’ post (#11) about the Vita going into standby mode when plugged in. I’d love to be able to get rid of my nightstand clock, but my Wake Up Club keeps going to sleep :(

+ ImCorrupt on January 19th, 2013 at 10:39 pm said:

Will the new DLC include new trophies to unlock?

+ raging-midget1 on January 20th, 2013 at 2:29 am said:

i thought the tiber septim family and the player were the only dragonborns, does this mean that Miirak is part of the septims or was he alive before them? im confused

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar

+ Matt Grandstaff on January 20th, 2013 at 8:37 am said:

Miraak’s background gets explained in the content. I don’t want to spoil it for you, but there’s great sites like UESP.net if you’re looking for more background.

+ nelson5436 on January 20th, 2013 at 2:30 am said:

50% off is great, and I’d probably buy it at full price as its a good, long game(too many games are short), but I still feel like I got screwed. I will think very carefully about my next Bethesda purchase. But on the bright side I will finally allow myself to purchase Dishonered- a game many consider the game of the year. Yes, I know Bethesda only published it, but I hope other companys thought twice about going into business with Bethesda. I really hope you guys don’t drop the ball again.
P.S. I purchased Fallout 3 GOTY and it ran perfectly- contrary to what others say in these comments.
P.S.S. Now that you guys know the PS3 why dont you fix Oblivions GOTY vampire cure glitch? Pretty please?

+ crusher915 on January 20th, 2013 at 5:15 am said:

is there any chance that Bethesda might start publishing it’s games on the PlayStation Store? I have yet to play Fallout and can’t find a copy in my country.

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar

+ Matt Grandstaff on January 20th, 2013 at 8:36 am said:

It’s something we’re starting to do as a publisher. As part of the PlayStation Day 1 Digital Plan, we have both Dishonored and DOOM 3 BFG Edition available on the store.

If we move other titles onto the store, we’ll be sure to let everyone know.

Thanks for the note.

+ captainjoe18 on January 20th, 2013 at 7:34 am said:

Hey thanks Matt, I do appreciate you:)

+ Ghostwize on January 20th, 2013 at 8:54 am said:

I bought Skyrim on my new ps3 not to long ago. Played the heck out of it on the 360. Are the lag issues totally fixed with the incoming patch? I find it kind of silly to have to delete files and what have you amongst other workarounds to get the game in a playable state. I personally haven’t had any of these issues just yet on the ps3 version but my save file is only at 4000mb at the moment. Any info appreciated! I intend to gobble all that dlc up when it is released! :P

+ The_Cowboy_Poet on January 20th, 2013 at 9:30 am said:

I’ve been looking forward to this since I platinumed the game a year ago!
Matt, will there be trophies??

+ Jedi_Jeff on January 20th, 2013 at 9:37 am said:

Here’s hoping this isn’t just a ploy to sell these add-ons before the game breaking bugs are revealed.

+ SuPerGaMiNg101 on January 20th, 2013 at 9:51 am said:

I am a bit confused. I read a couple different articles covering this same story and I would very much appreciate clarification direct from the source. Are these three add-ons going to be released at different times in February? And if so, any idea what order they may be released in? Thanks in advanced for the response.

+ wolfnarledge on January 20th, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

Happy the dlc has finally came to PS3 and i will be getting the moment it comes available on the psn store. Really look forward to expanding my warewolf, as they are my favorite in the mythological realm. I understand that when Skyrim first came out there were bugs still needing to be fixed, so i didnt get it at launch, so i waited. And i keep seeig alot of comments about others still experiencing issues, but i haven’t! Just some lag in the loading, and if there were glitches there were not enough to ruin my game play. I have been a playstation fan for a long time since the ps1, and a fan of Elder Scrolls since Morrowind. I am just happy that playstion has some of the Elder Scroll titles, though I do miss Elder Scroll 3, Morrowind. I would like to see playstation have that title too. But I really want to see it on the PSVita. I love my vita and would like the experience an Elder Scrolls game on the go! Just an idea. Playstion, keep up the good work, i love and respect you guys. You have given me alot of entertainment for my imagination.

+ Mando44646 on January 20th, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

Is Skyrim itself also going to be on sale?

+ lm239 on January 20th, 2013 at 12:32 pm said:

What are the chances of us ever getting the old Elder Scrolls games on PSN? Such as Arena or Morrowind?

+ BANDICOOTKING on January 20th, 2013 at 1:45 pm said:

those games simply aren’t compatible with the playstation at all. It would require a remake to make them playable on a ps3. Unless you have a DOSBOX program on your PS3, along with a controller with around 30 buttons.

If you want to play Arena or Daggerfall, both are available for free on Bethesda’s home page, along with install instructions. Technically Morrowind would be possible, but it isn’t going to happen due to it not only having not been released on the PS2, but also because to go back to that game and make it compatible for PS would be a waste of both time and money. It uses basically the same programming in both PC and XBOX format, disregarding the controls. You can buy it cheap for steam, but you might as well forget about seeing morrowind on PSN.

However, there is a chance that at some time in the future there will be an Elder scrolls game exclusive to VITA or PSN, as Bethesda has shown interest in expanding to sony portables. Indeed, there was at one point a Oblivion PSP game in development.

+ iamMQL on January 20th, 2013 at 4:43 pm said:

I was literally about to take the game to gamestop…
good timing…. I would have been upset.

+ f2242 on January 20th, 2013 at 5:46 pm said:

I’ m in i just hope it fixes some of the glitches. I can get around them but they do get frustrating

+ JFK_Fan on January 20th, 2013 at 7:36 pm said:

And just when i thought i was almost done with this game it keeps getting better and better!!!

+ WastelandSociety on January 20th, 2013 at 8:16 pm said:

About time.

I say the first DLC should be free….making us wait that long some skyrim players moved on and don’t want to return even if all 3 DLC is releasing.

Something free would make them return.

But I’ll take the 50% off.

+ He_Who_Puns on January 20th, 2013 at 9:43 pm said:

YES!!! Now where did I put my copy of Skyrim?

+ CULO-007 on January 21st, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

$22.48 XD do I have to calculate taxes XD, love this game sooooooooo much, and about time I was getting sooooo mad man I’m not buying the next elder scrolls just because they suck the should have been like other companies and not release the DLC, if the other consoles are not working they suck they do not care for the rest of the consoles or the players from the other consoles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ scottishlass78 on January 21st, 2013 at 2:22 pm said:

Aw excitement he he he! I was so close to selling my ps3 and get the x box again because I thought the add ons would not be available on PS3. Bravo!!!!!!
Time to be anti-social again he he he!

+ moneytrucks on January 21st, 2013 at 8:11 pm said:

This is great news you have no idea I almost got reed of my copy but i held on hoping that sooner or later yall guys were going to get it straight for the PS its a shame that the experience level in the game does not exceed more than 81 and half would the level ever increase have yall guys ever thought of making it go higher i’ve never seen a game like this not reach at least level 99.

+ MJoniaux on January 21st, 2013 at 8:27 pm said:

when is skyrim coming to psn??

+ DragonIrons on January 22nd, 2013 at 6:49 am said:

@102 moneytrucks:
Ever heard of sentence structure and these things called periods? Oh and it’s RID, not reed.

+ Eric_VonZipper on January 22nd, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

this is awesome. a little less then 25 bucks to get the 3 dlc for skyrim. i am very pleased with this. As well as the TES: Online coming out this year. indeed this will be a fantastic year.

+ TheMissingCloud7 on January 22nd, 2013 at 3:38 pm said:

Somehow adding more content to a game that can hardly manage itself on the PS3 just doesn’t seem like a good idea, even at 50% off.

Don’t get me wrong I thoroughly enjoy Skyrim, but it was a bit of a let down when it started lagging to the point of unplayability even with all the patches. Then I heard about DLC for this game and was amped only to be let down once again by the fact that it was only for 360 at the time. Now it’s finally available for the system I own, but even with patch 1.8 you’ll have to forgive me if I’m a bit skeptical and not one of the first fans to want to purchase this.

At half off it’s best it to get it now, rather than pay full price and find out it doesn’t work like expected, but considering I’ve already spent $150 on this one game I’ll just pass on the DLC all together. Unless of course patch 1.8 makes my game playable again…

+ lucassilva2011 on January 23rd, 2013 at 10:45 am said:

The DLCs will be released at once or one at a time?

+ Wilki50 on January 23rd, 2013 at 11:45 am said:

+ Magitek-Elite on January 23rd, 2013 at 3:53 pm said:

I cannot wait for the DLC. I am going to get each DLC and I won’t stop playing until I’ve been them all! It is a shame though that you don’t really get to “ride” the dragon, and the “spears” weren’t actually “spears”. But other than that, I’m excited!

I’m happy they took their time to fix the bugs, or else we would have just had people complain about that. Though I never encountered an issue on my PS3. :)

I don’t understand the people who sold their games. If you sold the game, odds are you didn’t like it that much to begin with.

“Maybe if a GOTY or Ultimate edition comes out with all the dlc’s and FIXES THE BUGS I may buy it but for now I love playing Fallout and Skyrim but it is too frustrating to keep shelling out money so I can have massive crashes.”

That’s what they were doing this entire time. Fixing the bugs…

+ Magitek-Elite on January 23rd, 2013 at 3:57 pm said:

“Hey i love skyrim and i cant wait for these to come out but i have one question will the 50% discount only be available to Playstation plus members or will it be available to each and every ps3 skyrim owner just curious?”

Ah, that’s a good question! I hope it is for everyone. :(

+ Titan_227 on January 23rd, 2013 at 9:17 pm said:

is it true that dragonborn comes out on february 5th

+ Titan_227 on January 23rd, 2013 at 9:57 pm said:

so all the DLC’S are coming out on february 5th?

+ Titan_227 on January 24th, 2013 at 11:22 am said:

i have had my copy of skyrim since it was released i have been waiting along time for this i never gave up on yall ik yall at sony would pull through and bring these DLC to us ps3 users thank you so much and thank you for the discont i plan on buying them all in the 5th i am hyped about the release of the DLC

+ TMS1320 on January 25th, 2013 at 12:46 pm said:

Been wanting these add-ons since they were announced and even though some people say they aren’t going to buy it because of how long it took that’s just being picky about the time it took. I can’t wait till it reaches the store so i can get it.

+ not_of_this_worl on January 25th, 2013 at 2:18 pm said:

Add-ons look awesome !!! Had a bad experience purchasing via PSN. That’s when the accounts were hacked, and my credit card info was stolen. Thanking God that the banks refunded me the purchases, not at PSN, but other department stores. They purchased Flat Screen TV’s and some Washer and Dryer THAT WAS ALOT !!! So hopefully, if I use my credit card again, I would not have the same problem.

+ MariosvaldaP on January 26th, 2013 at 9:55 am said:

That discount will be comig for the Brazilian PSStore too?

+ beefno on January 30th, 2013 at 11:49 pm said:

I hope the one week 50% discount is for everyone and not just plus members :(
Otherwise I won’t bother buying them when they go back to being $20 which is too much for a dlc for me at the moment.

+ BretonPacMunch13 on January 31st, 2013 at 7:25 pm said:

cant wait for this stuff. bring it on, we are so ready

+ TheIronFist85 on January 31st, 2013 at 9:28 pm said:

I’m glad that they decided to give 50% off, because that showz that they are sincere and apologetic to their consumerz.

+ gr8timus_prime on February 3rd, 2013 at 10:19 pm said:

+ jbal1987 on February 4th, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

do we have a date yet?

+ jbal1987 on February 4th, 2013 at 9:46 am said:

just found this on a diff site for anyone who wants to know US release dates

The dates are as follows: Dragonborn releases Tuesday, February, 12, Hearthfire releases Tuesday, February, 19 and Dawnguard releases Tuesday, February, 26

+ jbal1987 on February 4th, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

that info was found at this link

+ jbal1987 on February 4th, 2013 at 9:53 am said:

i am super excited for these dlc’s to come out. I’ve seen some of it at a friends place on the X nd it looks super dope. i need to put in some hours tho fast. just started Skyrim all over because took a 6 month break beacuse was tired of all the crashing. time to grow fat on the couch!!!!

+ MRfunckysocks on February 4th, 2013 at 6:39 pm said:

Do you know exactly what day in Febuary it will be in PSN for 50% off

+ xXiieshbulldog on February 4th, 2013 at 9:25 pm said:

What are the exact release dates?

+ DragonIrons on February 6th, 2013 at 9:06 pm said:

@126: Look 4 posts above yours……
@125: same as 126…… they’re half off for a week so take a guess.

Wasn’t Dawnguard the first DLC to come out? Why is it the last one they’re releasing and not the first?

+ DisManAZ on February 11th, 2013 at 10:08 pm said:

1. I have played Skyrim on PS3 and XBox, was actually introduced to it on the XBox. Xbox crashed 5 x the times that the PS3 version did.

2. The PS3 has smoother graphics, but the xbox does have faster frame rate. Some people love frame rate when it comes to these styles of games. Myself? I like the texture of the water while I walk through it, something that those comparison sites like to shy away from when doing graphical comparisons. And load times are better on the PS3.

3. Luckily, I didn’t know of Skyrim until June of 2012. I actually didn’t know of DLC’s until about 3 months ago. So I didn’t suffer the wait time that many of the community members experienced. So, for me, getting 3 packs for just over the price of 1 is sounding like a hell of a deal. And it comes just when I’m about to start off my next venture of a pure mage character! I’m in and you can count on me for my $23.00!

PAGE 1 2 3