PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Skyrim Add-Ons Land on PS3 in February, 50% off for One Week

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar + Posted by Matt Grandstaff on Jan 18, 2013 // Global Community Lead, Bethesda Softworks

Today we’re excited to announce that, next month, we’ll be releasing all of Skyrim’s add-on content on PlayStation Store. The 1.8 title update will also release just prior to the launch of Dragonborn. We’ll keep you posted as release dates get finalized both on our end and with Sony for each and its various languages. Last but not least, each add-on will be 50% off during its launch week on PSN.

Ready to learn more about the content you’ll be playing? Here’s a quick overview:

Skyrim: Dragonborn

Dragonborn

In Dragonborn, you’ll journey off the coast of Morrowind, to the island of Solstheim. Encounter new towns, dungeons, and quests, as you traverse the ash wastes and glacial valleys of this new land. Become more powerful with shouts that bend the will of your enemies, and even tame dragons. Your fate, and the fate of Solstheim, hangs in the balance as you face off against your deadliest adversary – the first Dragonborn.

• Explore Beyond Skyrim – Leave the province of Skyrim and travel to the coastal island of Solstheim. Encounter the Dark Elven settlers of Raven Rock and the native Skaal, as you unravel the mystery of a Dragonborn’s return.
  • Become the Ultimate Dragonborn – Harness the power of the Voice as you face off against the first Dragonborn. Wield new shouts and spells including Dragon Aspect – allowing you to summon the inner power of a dragon to deliver colossal blows and strengthen other shouts.
  • New Powers – Discover dark powers as you journey into a new Daedric realm. Collect books of forbidden knowledge and choose new paths for your skills and abilities.
  • New dungeons, creatures, weapons, and more – Suit up in Bonemold and Chitin armors and wield Stalhrim weapons as you navigate through a myriad of dungeons. Battle formidable foes like Ash Spawn, Rieklings, and more.

Skyrim: Hearthfire

Hearthfire

In Hearthfire, you can purchase land and build your own home from the ground up – from a simple one-room cottage to a sprawling compound complete with an armory, alchemy laboratory, stable, garden, and more. Use all-new tools like the drafting table and carpenter’s workbench to transform quarried stone, clay, and sawn logs into structures and furnishings. Even transform your house into a home by adopting children.

• Choose Your Land – Choose from property in the salt marshes of Hjaalmarch, the forests of Falkreath, or the vast tundra of The Pale. For the more ambitious landowner, purchase multiple plots and start building a real estate empire.
  • Customize Your Home – Expand your home with a variety of room combinations including an armory, alchemy tower, kitchen, trophy room and more. Grow plants in your new greenhouse, cultivate slaughterfish in the fish hatchery, house your Arcane Enchanter in the enchanting tower, or display your latest conquest in the trophy room. Add additional features like stables, mills, smelters, gardens and more.
  • New Objectives and Interactions – Guard your home from unwanted visitors like marauding kidnappers, armed bandits, and skeever infestations. Turn almost any follower into your personal steward to improve and protect your home. Or if you require more help, hire a personal bard or carriage driver to ease the burdens of home ownership.
  • Adoption – Transform your house into a home with Hearthfire’s all-new adoption system. Adopt children and discover new ways to interact with your family. Play games with the kids, allow them to have pets and gain new bonuses from having a family.

Skyrim: Dawnguard

Dawnguard

In Dawnguard, you’ll face the Vampire Lord Harkon, who has returned to power. By using the Elder Scrolls, he seeks to do the unthinkable — end the sun itself. Will you join the ancient order of the Dawnguard and stop him? Or will you become a Vampire Lord yourself? Featuring an all new faction questline and locations, the ultimate choice will be yours.

• New Weapons, Armor, Spells and Shouts – Join the Dawnguard and wield all new crossbows and craft your own arrows, bolts, and Dragonbone weapons. Use new weapons, armor, spells and shouts, including the Soul Tear shout – that rips the souls from your enemies and turns them into your minions.
  • Become a Vampire Lord – Side with the vampires and become a Vampire Lord yourself. Hover across the ground, turn yourself into bats, levitate your enemies as you drain their life, and more. The Vampire Lord features its own upgradable perk system.
  • Werewolf Perks added – Playing as a werewolf now has its own upgradable perk system including Bestial Strength, Animal Vigor, and Savage Feeding.
  • New Locations and Creatures – Choose from two new fortresses to upgrade and call home, Castle Volkihar or Fort Dawnguard. Discover lost valleys and travel to a new realm of Oblivion, the Soul Cairn. Battle new creatures including Death Hounds, Gargoyles, Armored Trolls, and all new vampires and dragons.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ scottishlass78 on January 21st, 2013 at 2:22 pm said:

Aw excitement he he he! I was so close to selling my ps3 and get the x box again because I thought the add ons would not be available on PS3. Bravo!!!!!!
Time to be anti-social again he he he!

+ moneytrucks on January 21st, 2013 at 8:11 pm said:

This is great news you have no idea I almost got reed of my copy but i held on hoping that sooner or later yall guys were going to get it straight for the PS its a shame that the experience level in the game does not exceed more than 81 and half would the level ever increase have yall guys ever thought of making it go higher i’ve never seen a game like this not reach at least level 99.

+ MJoniaux on January 21st, 2013 at 8:27 pm said:

when is skyrim coming to psn??

+ DragonIrons on January 22nd, 2013 at 6:49 am said:

@102 moneytrucks:
Ever heard of sentence structure and these things called periods? Oh and it’s RID, not reed.

+ Eric_VonZipper on January 22nd, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

this is awesome. a little less then 25 bucks to get the 3 dlc for skyrim. i am very pleased with this. As well as the TES: Online coming out this year. indeed this will be a fantastic year.

+ TheMissingCloud7 on January 22nd, 2013 at 3:38 pm said:

Somehow adding more content to a game that can hardly manage itself on the PS3 just doesn’t seem like a good idea, even at 50% off.

Don’t get me wrong I thoroughly enjoy Skyrim, but it was a bit of a let down when it started lagging to the point of unplayability even with all the patches. Then I heard about DLC for this game and was amped only to be let down once again by the fact that it was only for 360 at the time. Now it’s finally available for the system I own, but even with patch 1.8 you’ll have to forgive me if I’m a bit skeptical and not one of the first fans to want to purchase this.

At half off it’s best it to get it now, rather than pay full price and find out it doesn’t work like expected, but considering I’ve already spent $150 on this one game I’ll just pass on the DLC all together. Unless of course patch 1.8 makes my game playable again…

+ lucassilva2011 on January 23rd, 2013 at 10:45 am said:

The DLCs will be released at once or one at a time?

+ Wilki50 on January 23rd, 2013 at 11:45 am said:

+ Magitek-Elite on January 23rd, 2013 at 3:53 pm said:

I cannot wait for the DLC. I am going to get each DLC and I won’t stop playing until I’ve been them all! It is a shame though that you don’t really get to “ride” the dragon, and the “spears” weren’t actually “spears”. But other than that, I’m excited!

I’m happy they took their time to fix the bugs, or else we would have just had people complain about that. Though I never encountered an issue on my PS3. :)

I don’t understand the people who sold their games. If you sold the game, odds are you didn’t like it that much to begin with.

“Maybe if a GOTY or Ultimate edition comes out with all the dlc’s and FIXES THE BUGS I may buy it but for now I love playing Fallout and Skyrim but it is too frustrating to keep shelling out money so I can have massive crashes.”

That’s what they were doing this entire time. Fixing the bugs…

+ Magitek-Elite on January 23rd, 2013 at 3:57 pm said:

“Hey i love skyrim and i cant wait for these to come out but i have one question will the 50% discount only be available to Playstation plus members or will it be available to each and every ps3 skyrim owner just curious?”

Ah, that’s a good question! I hope it is for everyone. :(

+ Titan_227 on January 23rd, 2013 at 9:17 pm said:

is it true that dragonborn comes out on february 5th

+ Titan_227 on January 23rd, 2013 at 9:57 pm said:

so all the DLC’S are coming out on february 5th?

+ Titan_227 on January 24th, 2013 at 11:22 am said:

i have had my copy of skyrim since it was released i have been waiting along time for this i never gave up on yall ik yall at sony would pull through and bring these DLC to us ps3 users thank you so much and thank you for the discont i plan on buying them all in the 5th i am hyped about the release of the DLC

+ TMS1320 on January 25th, 2013 at 12:46 pm said:

Been wanting these add-ons since they were announced and even though some people say they aren’t going to buy it because of how long it took that’s just being picky about the time it took. I can’t wait till it reaches the store so i can get it.

+ not_of_this_worl on January 25th, 2013 at 2:18 pm said:

Add-ons look awesome !!! Had a bad experience purchasing via PSN. That’s when the accounts were hacked, and my credit card info was stolen. Thanking God that the banks refunded me the purchases, not at PSN, but other department stores. They purchased Flat Screen TV’s and some Washer and Dryer THAT WAS ALOT !!! So hopefully, if I use my credit card again, I would not have the same problem.

+ MariosvaldaP on January 26th, 2013 at 9:55 am said:

That discount will be comig for the Brazilian PSStore too?

+ beefno on January 30th, 2013 at 11:49 pm said:

I hope the one week 50% discount is for everyone and not just plus members :(
Otherwise I won’t bother buying them when they go back to being $20 which is too much for a dlc for me at the moment.

+ BretonPacMunch13 on January 31st, 2013 at 7:25 pm said:

cant wait for this stuff. bring it on, we are so ready

+ TheIronFist85 on January 31st, 2013 at 9:28 pm said:

I’m glad that they decided to give 50% off, because that showz that they are sincere and apologetic to their consumerz.

+ gr8timus_prime on February 3rd, 2013 at 10:19 pm said:

AWESOME!!!!!! I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!

+ jbal1987 on February 4th, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

do we have a date yet?

+ jbal1987 on February 4th, 2013 at 9:46 am said:

just found this on a diff site for anyone who wants to know US release dates

The dates are as follows: Dragonborn releases Tuesday, February, 12, Hearthfire releases Tuesday, February, 19 and Dawnguard releases Tuesday, February, 26

+ jbal1987 on February 4th, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

that info was found at this link

+ jbal1987 on February 4th, 2013 at 9:53 am said:

i am super excited for these dlc’s to come out. I’ve seen some of it at a friends place on the X nd it looks super dope. i need to put in some hours tho fast. just started Skyrim all over because took a 6 month break beacuse was tired of all the crashing. time to grow fat on the couch!!!!

+ MRfunckysocks on February 4th, 2013 at 6:39 pm said:

Do you know exactly what day in Febuary it will be in PSN for 50% off

+ xXiieshbulldog on February 4th, 2013 at 9:25 pm said:

What are the exact release dates?

+ DragonIrons on February 6th, 2013 at 9:06 pm said:

@126: Look 4 posts above yours……
@125: same as 126…… they’re half off for a week so take a guess.

Wasn’t Dawnguard the first DLC to come out? Why is it the last one they’re releasing and not the first?

+ DisManAZ on February 11th, 2013 at 10:08 pm said:

1. I have played Skyrim on PS3 and XBox, was actually introduced to it on the XBox. Xbox crashed 5 x the times that the PS3 version did.

2. The PS3 has smoother graphics, but the xbox does have faster frame rate. Some people love frame rate when it comes to these styles of games. Myself? I like the texture of the water while I walk through it, something that those comparison sites like to shy away from when doing graphical comparisons. And load times are better on the PS3.

3. Luckily, I didn’t know of Skyrim until June of 2012. I actually didn’t know of DLC’s until about 3 months ago. So I didn’t suffer the wait time that many of the community members experienced. So, for me, getting 3 packs for just over the price of 1 is sounding like a hell of a deal. And it comes just when I’m about to start off my next venture of a pure mage character! I’m in and you can count on me for my $23.00!

+ arillius7 on February 11th, 2013 at 10:37 pm said:

what time will Dragonborn be availible today!?

+ arillius7 on February 11th, 2013 at 10:39 pm said:

ok i get it psn is on pacific time,see ya in the mornin’

+ arillius7 on February 11th, 2013 at 10:41 pm said:

1:41 am in new york

+ dragonredheadman on February 12th, 2013 at 12:33 am said:

Dose any one no if it will be out at mind night

+ lonestarfox on February 12th, 2013 at 5:39 am said:

It’s 7:38AM here, and no DLC! What’s up with that? Must all time zones be on Feb. 12th for it to go on sale, or what?

+ arillius7 on February 12th, 2013 at 6:20 am said:

Called customer care,no help there!They had no idea when Dragonborn would be on Playstation Store.

+ ramboisback911 on February 12th, 2013 at 6:29 am said:

lol its 9:30 still waiing for the dlc…. :( ill just go play battlefield 3 till it comes out whenever it does :(

+ veeerules on February 12th, 2013 at 7:15 am said:

Store still has not updated, but I put in the Skyrim disc and game update 1.8 is available! (It is 9:14 am central time)

+ dj_kwest on February 12th, 2013 at 7:42 am said:

Been playing Skyrim again after the latest patch and it’s running beautifully. (Feb 12, 2013)
A VERY noticeable improvement.
Waiting patiently for the DLC to drop today although I don’t see it on PSN yet???

+ surferutah on February 12th, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

I’ve been playing Skyrim with one character since December 2011. When are these add-ons being released? I just got the Skyrim 1.80 update yesterday (2/11/13) and feel you all should be providing these add-ons to us at 100% off the retail price. Listening to my colleague talk about playing them on XBox 360 has been sheer torture. Seriously, the best you could do was 50% off? Unfortunate.

+ cowill101 on February 12th, 2013 at 1:03 pm said:

@ KnightRid

I wouldn’t say most people still suffer. After version 1.5, my game never crashed or frozen again. It still has occasional rim-lag, maybe twice out of every 2 or 3 hours of straight gameplay, but certainly not as frequent. I will say that the initial release of the game was an unfinished build, but Bethesda (at least in my case) has done their part to fix the errors.

+ DragonMagyk on February 12th, 2013 at 3:22 pm said:

Do you have an exact date when the add ons are gonna come out? I check the store everyday to see if the’re there! XD

PAGE 1 2 3