Until Dawn

Jan 19

God of War Ascension

God of War: Ascension Single-Player Trailer, Demo in February

Aaron Kaufman's Avatar Posted by Aaron Kaufman on Jan 19, 2013 // Community Strategist, Santa Monica Studio

Like God of War

Six months have passed since Kratos stood over the bodies of his wife and daughter, his hands stained with their blood – tricked by Ares into murdering the only people he ever loved. Swearing to avenge them, Kratos broke the blood oath that bound him to Ares… but oaths to Olympus are not so easily broken. This is where your journey in God of War: Ascension begins.

It’s been more than six long months since your first look at God of War: Ascension’s single-player campaign at E3. You’ve waited patiently, and asked about it an ungodly (but unsurprising) number of times. So, as we get ready to close our multiplayer beta early next week, the time has come to focus on where Ascension and its story will take you this March.

The trailer above is only a quick taste. You didn’t think Ascension was only 30 seconds long, did you?! We have more single-player details to unravel and showcase as we rage towards our launch on March 12th. Most importantly, in late February, we’ll be bringing you a full-fledged single player demo! We’ll be announcing details in the coming weeks, so stay tuned.

The Ascension Collector’s Edition

Many of you have already pre-ordered the Collector’s Edition for Ascension, but today we’re happy to show you the final “cube” you’ll be receiving, and of course placing atop your shrine to God of War:

God of War: Ascension Collector's Edition_updated
Note: Image updated

Be on the lookout for more single-player details, and be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Thank you again to all of our Multiplayer Beta Warriors. Don’t forget: your Gifts from the Gods will be ready for you at launch!

PAGE 1 2

+ proud2be on January 20th, 2013 at 2:50 am said:

If im not mistaken im pretty sure that when the CE was announced they said the statue was going to be 8″ tall.So why down the size?

+ doctorSTRANG on January 20th, 2013 at 6:12 am said:

Now whe are talking! I really disliked the multiplayer beta.

+ FistFury_ on January 20th, 2013 at 12:58 pm said:

Please, put on North American Version Spanish Language, Please…! My english isn’t too good, and i cant buy the version Latin American. All my buy is from Amazon, because Playstation Store isnt on my country. (U.U’)

+ JnF_Gho5t on January 20th, 2013 at 2:24 pm said:

@proud2be I’d like to know this as well. Why the change from 8″ to 6″ on the Kratos statue?

+ BossmanCCrowder1 on January 20th, 2013 at 4:13 pm said:

Never been a fan of the GoW series. I’ve been playing the MP Beta and I’ve found it to be a little boring honestly. Most likely won’t be picking up the game, but I’ll download the SP demo.

+ SlashGashTerror1 on January 20th, 2013 at 8:58 pm said:

@Aaron Kaufman…I would like to know how the 48 hour multiplayer double xp will work….is it like 48 hours of online play or just 48 hours after the code is entered?……much appreciated and keep up the great job :)

+ Welmosca on January 21st, 2013 at 8:53 am said:

Did you just said SP demo?…Jesus Christ I gonna have an heart attack….can’t wait…anyway all that sick and boring news about MP got me really disinterested on Ascension and I’m a die-hard fan of GoW but damn this new SP trailer got me beyond anxious…hear Kratos saying “only on Playstation” was priceless pure epicness.I would love so much to get the CE but its impossible for me as always.

@ 48 neuropunk – Haha trolls trolls….always making me laugh.

+ Genterman on January 21st, 2013 at 12:40 pm said:

I hope the collectors edition will be available in Poland.

+ ReiTheWeretiger on January 25th, 2013 at 12:05 am said:

So this future dlc that’s planned for the game, is any of it planned to be single player?

+ SANDMAN181314 on January 25th, 2013 at 8:23 pm said:

i very happy i cant wait for the demo to test out and i cant wait for they games to come out =)

+ GhostMachine1 on January 19th, 2013 at 10:36 am said:

Why put a wrong image up there?

+ Darewind on January 19th, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

I just pre-ordered the collectors edition.This will only be the 4th collectors edition of a game I have ever preordered the steelbook case and statue were what sold me on it.I now look forward to the release date.

+ GraveRobberX on January 19th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

Any reason why the statue lost 2″?
Just wondering where those went >.>;

+ VJKdotCC on January 19th, 2013 at 11:22 am said:

Is story mode still in 3D? Does the collector’s edition come with a regular case too or just the steelbook?

+ KidCommando on January 19th, 2013 at 11:28 am said:

@ Kaze

Have you played GoW games before?

This is most likely a dream sequence, re-living the moment he left his family.

+ jarrettmay123 on January 19th, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

@SNORLAXex I think they might be using it to hide something about him.

+ TRIX_BOL on January 19th, 2013 at 11:42 am said:

Honestly I am skeptical regarding Kratos’ skin in this teaser. Just like everybody else who have played all the God of War games. Though I doubt Sony Santa Monica had let this detailed slid off their scripts.. They just want to keep it a secret and let every body be amazed with their own eyes. Think about it folks, story would be spoiled by the answers we get. It feels nicer to play & watch it in-game than knowing so off the top of your head.

Aaron Kaufman's Avatar

+ Aaron Kaufman on January 19th, 2013 at 4:11 pm said:

We are very confident in our scripts. As much effort & passion goes into the writing and every word, as every other part of the game.

+ destruction1983 on January 19th, 2013 at 11:47 am said:

looks awesome totaly gona buy it =D

+ VJKdotCC on January 19th, 2013 at 11:58 am said:

Also BTW can we PLEASE get a preview of the collector’s edition dynamic theme? Thank u

+ paperwarior on January 19th, 2013 at 12:05 pm said:

I was hoping the multiplayer beta would go public. It was really fun and I wanted other people to get to try it!

+ neuropunk on January 19th, 2013 at 12:19 pm said:

since all the shallow God of War games are the exact same game, just play one of the other GoW’s and then you’ve played Ascension.

GoW sucks

+ BlaqMagiq24 on January 19th, 2013 at 12:59 pm said:

Exact same game? Troll somewhere else.

On topic: I plan on picking this up right after I get Sly Cooper Thieves in Time and Metal Gear Rising. Hopefully I can still put in my preorder for the collectors edition by then.

+ fixer1989 on January 19th, 2013 at 1:21 pm said:

I had the CE pre-ordered back in the summer, but then I moved out of the area. When I went to pre-order it again earlier in the month, sold out. Had to settle for just the game. Was not happy at all.

Aaron Kaufman's Avatar

+ Aaron Kaufman on January 19th, 2013 at 4:12 pm said:

The CE should not be sold out, where did you try? Gamestop has aplenty.

+ IcedDice777 on January 19th, 2013 at 2:07 pm said:

My collector’s edition is already Paid for! No Mancave would be complete without that cool Kratos statue! Looking forward to the single player story mode (hopefully not as disappointly short as GoW 3’s 5 hr campaign) and i welcome the Multiplayer mode since it adds to the replay value of the game.

+ KazeEternal on January 19th, 2013 at 2:09 pm said:

@42 KidCommando

I had thought of that, but then I realized the scene does not share any of the motifs that almost every single god of war game up to this point has had when doing a dream sequence. So either they screwed up the motif or they forgot their own history for the character as to WHY he is called the Ghost of Sparta. If he is actually experiencing those events via time travel due to his experience with the Fates in the second game then there needs to be some explanation as to why his family doesn’t react to the pale white color of his skin, not to mention the paradoxical implications of such events unfolding.

Also in all of the games Kratos has not experienced memories of his past with him baring his curse unless it was during a time in which said curse occurred. This is likely done for two reasons, to help place the event in relation to that one key event and two because it would just be damned confusing to the viewer/player.

+ D-Squad3 on January 19th, 2013 at 2:09 pm said:

I’m so excited! I just can’t hide it! This is such a big year in gaming!!!

February will have MG Rising and new characters for Battle Royale and finally a God of War demo!

March I’ll finally get my hands on the God of War: Ascension CE!!!

+ D-Squad3 on January 19th, 2013 at 2:22 pm said:

One thing that worries me though, that Kratos statue looks really good, I hope it doesn’t look like crap when I get it. I remember that Sackboy from the LBP 2 CE looked cool but the actual Sackboy we got was horrid.

PAGE 1 2