PS4-Watch_Dogs

The Drop: Week of January 21st 2013 New Releases

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar + Posted by Rey Gutierrez on Jan 20, 2013 // Senior Social Media Specialist

Developed by LEVEL-5 with animation by the legendary Studio Ghibli, Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch combines beautiful animated visuals, masterful storytelling and a sweeping score into an epic role-playing adventure like no other.

The highly anticipated PS3 games, Dead Space 3 and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance receive PSN demos on this week’s The Drop.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

(Also on PSN) — Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is an epic tale of a young boy, Oliver, who embarks on a journey to become a master magician and bring back his dead mother from the parallel world of Ni no Kuni. Along the way he encounters some extraordinary characters, many of whom become helpful allies. They guide Oliver as he explores the vast world and learns the magical skills that will make him strong enough to face his most deadly foes, and ultimately survive an encounter with the White Witch herself.

The world of Ni no Kuni actually runs parallel to the real world. Players will be able to travel between the two. Characters who appear in one world appear in the other as well, but with different roles in this unique RPG experience.

The Cave – The Cave is an adventure from Ron Gilbert, and Double Fine Productions. Assemble your team of 3 from 7 unlikely adventurers, each with his own unique personalities and stories. Then descend into the mysterious depths to explore a variety of locations including a subterranean amusement park and a medieval castle, not to mention a fully armed and ready-to-launch nuclear tipped ICBM. The Cave awaits.

Ninja Gaiden: Sigma – As Ryu Hayabusa you are out to seek revenge after your clan is massacred by the Vigor Empire. Realistic battle actions and acrobatic ninja moves are at your finger-tips. You play with only your wits, your ninja skills, and your deadly sword. Slice down opponents in the Vigor Empire as you attempt to beat the Holy Emperor and reclaim the magic sword “Ryuken”.

Pro Evolution Soccer (PSP) – Central to its total freedom of play, the game introduces a power bar for each player that allows the user to determine the exact strength and placement of every pass and shot. Balls can now be spread absolutely anywhere with surgical precision, with long balls into space, short passes to feet, and intricate one-twos allowing the player to dictate play and control the tempo of a match.

Dust 514 (PS3 Beta) – DUST 514 brings intense infantry combat, large-scale warfare, and deep character advancement to a free-to-play massively multiplayer shooter, exclusively on the PlayStation 3. Wage war in the next generation of first-person shooters, where a single victory could prove the crushing blow to a galactic empire of thousands of online EVE Online gamers.

Escapevektor (PS Vita) – EscapeVektor is a retro styled arcade game in which the player controls Vektor, an entity trapped in the player’s system. The player has to help Vektor escape the Vita’s CPU which has been holding him captive. In making his escape, Vektor must avoid enemies sent out by the CPU.

Just Dance 4 – Just Dance 4 is the perfect catalyst for the best parties, no matter what the occasion, thanks to innovative modes like the all-new Battle mode, an upgraded Just Sweat mode, and even more fun, alternative dances. Everything you know and love about Just Dance gets even better with Just Dance 4—hot new tracks, fun irreverent dances, and more.

PS Move

• Mad Dog McCree (PSN)
  • Racquet Sports (PSN)

Demos

• Dead Space 3
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  • Mad Dog McCree
  • Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed (PS Vita)
  • The Cave

PlayStation 2 Classics

Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories – Nippon Ichi’s followup to the original Disgaea features a story focusing on Adell, who fights to save his family, and Rozalin, the daughter of Zenon. The game includes new battle systems and promises over 100 hours of gameplay.

[Editor’s Note: The following dates are subject to change. Game details are gathered from Press Releases, Retail Descriptions, from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]

172 Comments

+ RidleysBox on January 20th, 2013 at 5:32 pm said:

@Ryumoau

If it helps to determine the length of Ni no Kuni, it took me a little under 60 hours to finish the story, and a little over 84 hours for the platinum. I don’t see why the NA version should be any shorter or longer than the JP one.

+ jimmyfoxhound on January 20th, 2013 at 5:32 pm said:

Ni no Kuni is gonna be mine! Can’t wait!

+ YungShep on January 20th, 2013 at 5:32 pm said:

but in all seriousness, ill be picking up Ni No… that’s been on my radar ever since E3…i felt the special :) i see why maintenance had to be done, its gonna be a busy week :)

+ YungShep on January 20th, 2013 at 5:33 pm said:

@remanutd5 u need to call 1800-345-SONY with ALL your REQUESTS

+ Zaeron25 on January 20th, 2013 at 5:43 pm said:

Please include PSP games at the next Plus for users with Vita…
Some game such as:
* Patapon
* Locoroco
* Dissidia Final Fantasy
* Metal Gear
* Monster Hunter Freedom: United

: D

+ juggalotus53 on January 20th, 2013 at 5:52 pm said:

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance and Dead Space 3 Demo woooo thanks sony great week for the drop

+ The_Dukenator on January 20th, 2013 at 5:56 pm said:

@27 Yes. From a previous blog post:
Bet you can’t wait to start playing, right? Well good news — we’ll be releasing a new downloadable demo, so you can get some hands-on time with Sly before the game hits store shelves. Starting January 22nd, the new demo will be available exclusively for PlayStation Plus subscribers. Then, on January 29th, it will be available publicly to all PSN users. For those of who got early access to the first Sly demo from the Ratchet & Clank Collection, this demo is brand new — so be sure to check this one out as well!

+ The_Dukenator on January 20th, 2013 at 5:57 pm said:

@51 Is that Asuska as your avatar?

+ RidleysBox on January 20th, 2013 at 6:06 pm said:

@The_Dukenator

yes, she is Asuka =)

+ Ryumoau on January 20th, 2013 at 6:14 pm said:

@47 no, the drop just happened to be posted at exactly 7pm eastern today. Thats when i check every sunday.

+ Ryumoau on January 20th, 2013 at 6:16 pm said:

@51 close to 60 hours just for a regular run sounds great. Tales of Graces was around 50 for me. I still haven’t finished the post game Arc though.

+ Fedast on January 20th, 2013 at 6:28 pm said:

I would also like to thank Namco Bandai for releasing Ni no Kuni in digital format. Where I live we don’t get physical copies and if we do, they cost like 100 USD each game, so this is very good news to me. Also is great to see a JRPG in PSN. We need more JRPG on PSN, that’s why a lot of us choose PS3 over the competition.

+ JimmyNEUTRON413 on January 20th, 2013 at 6:33 pm said:

Keep an eye out on Tuesday for Plus discounts…, the PlayStation blog podcast said there are going to be tons of great games up to 75% off…, I love PS plus sales!

+ Superstone on January 20th, 2013 at 6:37 pm said:

Will we ever get new PSone classics? Bust a Move would be a great example.

+ XFRod on January 20th, 2013 at 6:37 pm said:

Ordered two copies of Ni No Kuni. One of the lucky ones to reserve a “Wizard’s Edition” and, one from GameStop. Bought the second one not only for the metal case but, didn’t want to have to sit by the mailbox waiting for my Wizard’s Edition. Will be playing it the second I get home from the store on Tuesday. I figure, after the Wizard’s Edition shows up, I can always gift the GameStop copy to my niece.

+ The_Dukenator on January 20th, 2013 at 6:50 pm said:

@59 Sanrio is doing a Hello Kitty & Neon Genesis Evangelion collaboration. It was announced last Feb, but I’m using an image from it for an avatar elsewhere. If I posted the link about this, my comment gets queued, as they make sure its not spam.

+ felipeUmbra on January 20th, 2013 at 6:59 pm said:

When wiil we have the demo of Soul Sacrifice?

+ DwayneW1987 on January 20th, 2013 at 7:02 pm said:

BADASS demo week!

+ deathshadow799 on January 20th, 2013 at 7:03 pm said:

Dead Space 3 FTW!

Please release avatars and a theme for the game! I need an Isaac Clarke avatar B)

+ The_Dukenator on January 20th, 2013 at 7:08 pm said:

@69 PS3 Themes.com has some Dead Space themes. I downloaded the Dead Space 3 smoke effect theme.

+ MP_is_for_Chumps on January 20th, 2013 at 7:19 pm said:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma? – the PS3 version right?

No.Fkking.WAY.

I like asked Tecmo community dude, what 3 days ago if it cold be added to PSN. He said he’d look into it. He cant be that good can he? O_O

Jeez, next time i’m gonna ask for a NG Sigma Trophy Patch :)

+ izrael99 on January 20th, 2013 at 7:20 pm said:

yo anybody want master prestige on black ops 2, if you do add me. Im just helping you save a bunch of hours on xp grinding in multiplayer

+ lionkrm07 on January 20th, 2013 at 7:26 pm said:

GREEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT…. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS WEEK RELEASES… YEAH!

+ Kadeemluvmusic on January 20th, 2013 at 7:38 pm said:

Nothing new this week for me, but I’ll get Ninja Gaiden Sigma and I can’t wait for Revengeance next month.

+ Parhibition on January 20th, 2013 at 7:53 pm said:

Great week, especially because of Dust 514.

@10 Not true. The system is vast and detailed, but after some time becomes straightforward and engaging, which is part of what makes it such a cool game.

+ Teflon02 on January 20th, 2013 at 7:57 pm said:

All I ask for is for me to be able to put my Crash games on my PS Vita!! That’s all I’ve been waiting for since Vita released! and what happens? everyone but NA can. PLEASE DEAL WITH THIS ALREADY!!
Ohh wait guess I lied where is the Crackle app that was suppose to release half a year ago and crunchyroll promised a 2012 release for Vita?

+ Ablindsamurai on January 20th, 2013 at 8:01 pm said:

Wow im really excited about the Metal Gear Rising Demo! This game Ni No Kuni sounds pretty interesting.

+ The_Dukenator on January 20th, 2013 at 8:08 pm said:

@77 Ni No Kuni has a demo last I checked.

+ The_Dukenator on January 20th, 2013 at 8:09 pm said:

@76 2 apps for PS Vita? No idea.

+ WHITE_PR on January 20th, 2013 at 8:21 pm said:

Going to buy The Cave 4sure!!! and play Dust and Metal Gear Rising. This is why I have a PlayStation 3.

+ The_Dukenator on January 20th, 2013 at 8:25 pm said:

@80 Yep. I got sick of xbox after 4 years.

+ destruction1983 on January 20th, 2013 at 8:25 pm said:

dead space 3 demo awesome thank you guys!!! =D

+ Elvick_ on January 20th, 2013 at 8:27 pm said:

@38: That is dumb.

+ The_Dukenator on January 20th, 2013 at 8:30 pm said:

@51 How did you get that avatar anyway?

+ onslaughtree on January 20th, 2013 at 8:35 pm said:

I got a free online pass for COD Black Opps Declassified Vita, if anyone wants it. Holla at me.

+ WHITE_PR on January 20th, 2013 at 8:37 pm said:

@72 Yo! NO.

+ The_Dukenator on January 20th, 2013 at 8:38 pm said:

@85 Don’t you need it?

+ onslaughtree on January 20th, 2013 at 8:53 pm said:

I played the single player, not interested in the multiplayer

+ The_Dukenator on January 20th, 2013 at 8:56 pm said:

@88 When I got Need for Speed Most Wanted & Dead Space 2, I redeemed both online passes, but haven’t played multiplayer for either. With Most Wanted, I just did a private game and let it change my speed level based on the speed points I earn in single player.

Hold onto it anyway. If I buy Dead Space 2 or Most Wanted for the other system, I won’t use the online passes.

+ Omar_creando-511 on January 20th, 2013 at 8:58 pm said:

I played ni no kuni demo and its beautiful, it look like the ps2 masterpiece Dragon Quest 8, any chance to add it on PSN? Thanks. ps. sorry for my bad english :)

+ onslaughtree on January 20th, 2013 at 9:00 pm said:

I have Most Wanted for the Vita and it is awesome. Playing PASBR now and im really enjoying that too. Raiden is a beast.

+ The_Dukenator on January 20th, 2013 at 9:04 pm said:

@91 I bought Most Wanted for PS3, since I wasn’t interested in getting more 360 games.

+ onslaughtree on January 20th, 2013 at 9:08 pm said:

@92 Downloaded Tthe demo for MW for the ps3 also but never played it. Since I got my Vita im spending alot of time on that. I also have some map pack codes for Killzone 2 & 3. Bought the collection and it had 2 sets of map pack codes included.

+ The_Dukenator on January 20th, 2013 at 9:15 pm said:

@93 I don’t like COD
Those map pack codes would unlock those maps, which cost extra. When I was big into the 360 scene, I bought Gears 2 new since it had All Fronts Map Pack code. Other than that, I rarely buy games new.

+ ioshi_US on January 20th, 2013 at 10:12 pm said:

please port ni no kuni to ps vita
ps vita need more jrpg, many people buy ps vita just to play Persona 4 Golden !!!

+ ShatokaMTN on January 20th, 2013 at 10:21 pm said:

I’m happy to see All Star Racing Transformed getting a Vita demo! Hopefully that convinces a number of Vita owners to pick up the game and join in the online shenanigans.

+ WHITE_PR on January 20th, 2013 at 10:46 pm said:

I dont know Ni no Kuni was but im playing the demo right now and this game is gorgeous. BTW Im stuck in the first boss LOL noob in jrpg games

+ clupula668 on January 20th, 2013 at 10:53 pm said:

@38 – If ever there was a game that was worth full price, it is Ni No Kuni.

Funny how I don’t see you going to Call of Duty threads to complain about the price when those are the same rehashed gameplay, time after time.

Games like this cost actual money to create and the amount of love and hard work that went into every aspect of this game, from the animation down, should make you ashamed that you’re not going to properly support it.

+ The_Dukenator on January 20th, 2013 at 11:04 pm said:

@98 Funny how you mention COD as Gearbox turned an offer to make a COD game.

+ The_Dukenator on January 20th, 2013 at 11:04 pm said: