Far Cry 4

The Drop: Week of January 21st 2013 New Releases

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar + Posted by Rey Gutierrez on Jan 20, 2013 // Senior Social Media Specialist

Developed by LEVEL-5 with animation by the legendary Studio Ghibli, Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch combines beautiful animated visuals, masterful storytelling and a sweeping score into an epic role-playing adventure like no other.

The highly anticipated PS3 games, Dead Space 3 and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance receive PSN demos on this week’s The Drop.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

(Also on PSN) — Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is an epic tale of a young boy, Oliver, who embarks on a journey to become a master magician and bring back his dead mother from the parallel world of Ni no Kuni. Along the way he encounters some extraordinary characters, many of whom become helpful allies. They guide Oliver as he explores the vast world and learns the magical skills that will make him strong enough to face his most deadly foes, and ultimately survive an encounter with the White Witch herself.

The world of Ni no Kuni actually runs parallel to the real world. Players will be able to travel between the two. Characters who appear in one world appear in the other as well, but with different roles in this unique RPG experience.

The Cave – The Cave is an adventure from Ron Gilbert, and Double Fine Productions. Assemble your team of 3 from 7 unlikely adventurers, each with his own unique personalities and stories. Then descend into the mysterious depths to explore a variety of locations including a subterranean amusement park and a medieval castle, not to mention a fully armed and ready-to-launch nuclear tipped ICBM. The Cave awaits.

Ninja Gaiden: Sigma – As Ryu Hayabusa you are out to seek revenge after your clan is massacred by the Vigor Empire. Realistic battle actions and acrobatic ninja moves are at your finger-tips. You play with only your wits, your ninja skills, and your deadly sword. Slice down opponents in the Vigor Empire as you attempt to beat the Holy Emperor and reclaim the magic sword “Ryuken”.

Pro Evolution Soccer (PSP) – Central to its total freedom of play, the game introduces a power bar for each player that allows the user to determine the exact strength and placement of every pass and shot. Balls can now be spread absolutely anywhere with surgical precision, with long balls into space, short passes to feet, and intricate one-twos allowing the player to dictate play and control the tempo of a match.

Dust 514 (PS3 Beta) – DUST 514 brings intense infantry combat, large-scale warfare, and deep character advancement to a free-to-play massively multiplayer shooter, exclusively on the PlayStation 3. Wage war in the next generation of first-person shooters, where a single victory could prove the crushing blow to a galactic empire of thousands of online EVE Online gamers.

Escapevektor (PS Vita) – EscapeVektor is a retro styled arcade game in which the player controls Vektor, an entity trapped in the player’s system. The player has to help Vektor escape the Vita’s CPU which has been holding him captive. In making his escape, Vektor must avoid enemies sent out by the CPU.

Just Dance 4 – Just Dance 4 is the perfect catalyst for the best parties, no matter what the occasion, thanks to innovative modes like the all-new Battle mode, an upgraded Just Sweat mode, and even more fun, alternative dances. Everything you know and love about Just Dance gets even better with Just Dance 4—hot new tracks, fun irreverent dances, and more.

PS Move

• Mad Dog McCree (PSN)
  • Racquet Sports (PSN)

Demos

• Dead Space 3
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  • Mad Dog McCree
  • Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed (PS Vita)
  • The Cave

PlayStation 2 Classics

Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories – Nippon Ichi’s followup to the original Disgaea features a story focusing on Adell, who fights to save his family, and Rozalin, the daughter of Zenon. The game includes new battle systems and promises over 100 hours of gameplay.

[Editor’s Note: The following dates are subject to change. Game details are gathered from Press Releases, Retail Descriptions, from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]

172 Comments

+ Allan_Hadid on January 21st, 2013 at 12:23 am said:

Thank you so much for making Ni no Kuni a day 1 release, so happy I’m gonna be playing it for days.

+ Lucent85 on January 21st, 2013 at 12:58 am said:

@38 Yes, let’s not reward hard work on a great game. Under $30 would be stupid. And it’s best to buy these games that we’re lucky to even get on our side to show that we want these games. If not, all we’ll have is FPS games. =/

I can’t wait for Ni no Kuni and I have the Wizard Edition pre-ordered. Already been playing the Rising demo through the ZOE HD collection, but I’ll download this one to see if the freeze glitch was fixed. And that Dead Space 3 demo, I really hope Visceral doesn’t let me down. I loved the first two, so I have faith.

+ hung187 on January 21st, 2013 at 1:15 am said:

Sweet Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. I wounder how much it will be? The Demo was great. Just might have to get it .

+ lonewhitewolf1 on January 21st, 2013 at 2:46 am said:

i wish i could get ni no kuni.

+ VinsanityV21 on January 21st, 2013 at 5:08 am said:

WOOOO! Ninokuni! Gonna have to trade in some games to scrounge up the cash to buy it, but I totally will! Been waiting for this for some time. If Level 5 isn’t going to give us Dark Cloud 3, this is the closest we’ll get! It looks amazing!

+ stevelvl on January 21st, 2013 at 6:04 am said:

when will the update be in the store? monday? or tuesday?

+ Redikol on January 21st, 2013 at 6:45 am said:

If there is a midnight release at my local Gamestop for Ni no Kuni tonight, I’ll be going in this low 12° degree weather to get it. I can’t wait, at Metacritic’s website Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch has 22 positive reviews, 16 of them are 9 up to 9.5.

+ IzoGray on January 21st, 2013 at 6:47 am said:

Isn’t the Sly Cooper demo supposed to be out this week?

pls respond

+ The_Dukenator on January 21st, 2013 at 6:57 am said:

@108 Yes.

From other blog post:
Bet you can’t wait to start playing, right? Well good news — we’ll be releasing a new downloadable demo, so you can get some hands-on time with Sly before the game hits store shelves. Starting January 22nd, the new demo will be available exclusively for PlayStation Plus subscribers. Then, on January 29th, it will be available publicly to all PSN users. For those of who got early access to the first Sly demo from the Ratchet & Clank Collection, this demo is brand new — so be sure to check this one out as well!

+ The_Dukenator on January 21st, 2013 at 6:58 am said:

@106 Tuesday. Sunday is The Drop, Monday is Plus Updates, Tuesday is Store Update.

+ Ryumoau on January 21st, 2013 at 7:09 am said:

@98 whether you like the series or not, you’re an idiot if you don’t believe Activision puts money and effort into the console Call of Duty titles. They are far more polished and run at a better frame rate than most other FPS games on the market.

But i guess that doesn’t matter since its the fastest selling franchise of all time, so we must hate it.

+ dark1725 on January 21st, 2013 at 7:17 am said:

wow just wow nothin but good stuff here very happy with indepth games

+ Nates4Christ on January 21st, 2013 at 7:17 am said:

No need for the Sonic All Stars Racing for vita. If you have a vita and like racing games then get it!!! Such an amazing game!

+ IGNKissme on January 21st, 2013 at 7:40 am said:

When I went to the store, I can’t find the game Ni No Kuni for download.
When will it be available?

+ IGNKissme on January 21st, 2013 at 7:43 am said:

MS Rising demo was region lock on the Japanese PSN. Will this one be region free?

+ The_Dukenator on January 21st, 2013 at 7:44 am said:

@114 Tuesday, when the store updates.

+ BBFaNaTiC86 on January 21st, 2013 at 7:45 am said:

@114: It’ll be on the store tomorrow. I

‘m Looking forward to the MGR demo and The Cave this week.

+ Johnny_Jota on January 21st, 2013 at 8:40 am said:

I’m a great fan of Studio Ghibli and a lover of RPG, i played the demo of Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch four times and i can’t wait any more to play this amazing game.

+ Ryumoau on January 21st, 2013 at 9:01 am said:

@118 yes Studio Ghibli makes beautiful animation, even though i’m not as into anime as i used to be.

+ shanholo on January 21st, 2013 at 9:44 am said:

Any information on availability of 2013 NHL Gamecenter app? With the season now underway, I figured the new version of the app would be released ASAP.

+ xMochii- on January 21st, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

Ni no Kuni. (: <3

+ saintaqua on January 21st, 2013 at 10:36 am said:

Will PSN version of Sigma be updated with trophies like the Vita version?
I am so excited for Ni No Kuni.

+ tusunami on January 21st, 2013 at 12:31 pm said:

It’s been awhile since there’s been some excellent demo’s on the PS Store, can’t wait to play a few!!!!!!!!!

+ Dangisuckatgamin on January 21st, 2013 at 1:04 pm said:

Not that amazing of a drop for me. Probably won’t buy much, glad to see that PS+ has a lot of sales though..

+ unbornsoldier on January 21st, 2013 at 1:53 pm said:

Great drop :),getting ni no ku ni,downloading the dead space 3,metal gear rising demos,might also get the cave

+ JonJonXD on January 21st, 2013 at 2:43 pm said:

Can’t wait for my copy of Ni No Kuni: Wizard Edition to come in

+ jb_weston on January 21st, 2013 at 3:13 pm said:

Pro Evolution Soccer, for the PSP? The PSP?! Come on Konami, no pS3 version? Or maybe that’s a typo. o_O

+ PrinceofXIII on January 21st, 2013 at 4:43 pm said:

Wizards’ Edition!!!

+ dFoki on January 21st, 2013 at 4:44 pm said:

great drop indeed

+ AdamAnt41 on January 21st, 2013 at 6:27 pm said:

Is there any word on what time Ni No Kuni will be avialable for download?

+ afigueroa on January 21st, 2013 at 7:22 pm said:

Ni No Kuni looks interesting. Is there a demo available? I will look forward to the Metal Gear Revengeance demo!!

+ Inuboykendo1000 on January 22nd, 2013 at 6:36 am said:

Things I love, Ni No Kuni, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Cave, and Disgaea 2. I’m PUMPED for this new PSN update.

+ Welmosca on January 22nd, 2013 at 9:51 am said:

Oh yeah baby DS3 demo can’t wait and I’m looking forward to The Cave too….but I’m really worried…where’s Sly demo?

+ D_Solution_DBest on January 22nd, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

Why is it taking so long to update the store?!?!

+ D_Solution_DBest on January 22nd, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

I just want ni no kuni to download before I leave home. What’s taking so long?

+ D_Solution_DBest on January 22nd, 2013 at 10:03 am said:

It’s 1:03 pm where I am

+ D_Solution_DBest on January 22nd, 2013 at 10:04 am said:

1:03 pm where I am

+ DracoDragonsfire on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:07 pm said:

Maintenance notification popped for a while, now it’s 3PM EST and nothing to download but the demo.

What’s the official word? Where’s the blog postings on this issue? What’s the point in the “blog” if it doesn’t report on issues they’re having deploying the game on PSN? Am I looking in the wrong spot in this tangled web of links? ~_~

Waiting all day to broadcast this (on twitch.tv/draco )… so we’re awaiting an official response.

+ MoonLance on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

Nice Drop this week~

Ni no Kuni should be a system seller :3

+ petius on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:27 pm said:

Erm, maintenance ended, still no sign of the game. I added funds to my wallet for the sole reason of getting this game, and it is nowhere to be seen…

+ robbocroft_usa on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:30 pm said:

yep… just a lonely demo sitting there. No full game to be seen

+ WHITE_PR on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:32 pm said:

If Ni no Kuni cost in the PSN $50 I give up on The Cave & Karting (for now) and go with Ni no Kuni.

+ warcat666 on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:43 pm said:

I guess I should have bought a ps3 instead of a Vita. Or maybe I should just cancel the PS+, It doesn’t seem like Sony is interested in releasing good titles to the PS+ Vita members, and don’t tell me about the great titles that were released before I got the PS+, that doesn’t affect me because most of those titles aren’t available anymore. I could care less about Uncharted golden abyss, it’s like watching a movie that i sometimes get to do something during (BORING). The only good title on the PS+ for Vita is Gravity Rush. This service is GREAT for the PS3 but GARBAGE for the Vita.

+ WriestOrpheus on January 22nd, 2013 at 1:18 pm said:

I want Ni No Kuni NOW!!!!!!!!! please update the Store!!!!!!

+ NMEIMAGE on January 22nd, 2013 at 1:20 pm said:

ummm Central Time 3:18PM and no store update….I am waiting for the MGSR and DS3 demos. Havent seen hide nor hair of any updates…plus I am a PS+ member so am I supposed to be able to see these demos a day before non-members? Anyway…I am hoping that SOMETIME today I can download the demos.

+ WriestOrpheus on January 22nd, 2013 at 1:24 pm said:

I deposited money in my PSN wallet just for Ni No Kuni… I want this game so bad I can almost taste it!

+ DarkFlame_96 on January 22nd, 2013 at 2:05 pm said:

You expect me to buy ni no kuni after i got Cheated out of DLC on my disc of White knigth chronicles 2? pfft

+ KojiNanjo on January 22nd, 2013 at 2:21 pm said:

We want update now!!!!
i’m waiting for dead space 3 and mgs demo :(

+ shmagegy on January 22nd, 2013 at 2:29 pm said:

What time will the demos, and dust 514 be on the Playstation Store?

+ WriestOrpheus on January 22nd, 2013 at 2:34 pm said: